HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!

Go down 
+4
weskersbarber
Voltius
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 7:48 am

I didnt play the original right when it came out so I heard about some of the content before I played but I still got creeped out the first time through...I miss getting that feeling in games
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 10:23 am

Come on Nite were you not in the least bit freaked out by the music in the game?
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Come on Nite were you not in the least bit freaked out by the music in the game?

the point is jamesy that the original was more creepy.especially if its the first resi game you ever played. you are literally walking into the unkown. and dont get me wrong, the remake was creepy as well.probably the next creepiest next to the original
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 2:56 pm

The only thing that scared me about the original was the voice acting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 3:57 pm

lol jamesy its impossible to convince you however i suggest you play it again and finish.the last half hour of the game is brillant
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Jamesy, of course the music was pretty creepy in the REmake. But what creeped me out more was the lack of music in the original. Just walking around in utter silence, aside from the atomic bomb explosions that were your footsteps, lol.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:55 am

Yeah bu the graphics were awsome in the remake compared to the original.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 am

Jamesy wrote:
well the original was made back in 1996 so that is why remake's graphics are better...I thought the graphics were good for its time though
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 9:03 am

Well I played the original sonic the hedgehog arcade game on SEGA megadrive when I was a child in the 90's (it was a classic) but that does not mean to say that I prefer it over newer insallments of games in the series.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:14 am

Jamesy wrote:

graphics dont make a game what it is Jamesy. there is many other things to consider.anyway Jamesy you seem to think that we are talking about the original being better than the remake and we are not. all we are saying is that its more creepier. personally i think the remake is the best resi game out there however the original is more creepy imo
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:20 am

Stop being a graphics whore Jamesy. Better graphics alone do not make a game better than other games. And the newer installments of Sonic the Hedgehog have been pretty much horrible failures.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 10:42 am

Thats just your opinon Nite and to be frank the mansion in the original version looked more like the mansion of Scar Face than Night of the living Dead.

http://helldescent.com/wp-content/uploads/re1_screen.jpg

http://www.danielprimed.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/resident-evil-mansion.jpg
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:05 am

Jamesy wrote:
Thats just your opinon Nite and to be frank the mansion in the original version looked more like the mansion of Scar Face than Night of the living Dead.

http://helldescent.com/wp-content/uploads/re1_screen.jpg

http://www.danielprimed.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/resident-evil-mansion.jpg

jamesy the mansion in the original was the FIRST mansion obviously so the remake mansion is based on that. dont diss the original mansion jamesy. its a thing of dreams. i had many a nightmare of that mansion when i was a young boy and if i was a billionare i would build a mansion identical to it
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:14 am

What? You mean you would build a mansion identical to the one in the remake?
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:56 am

Jamesy wrote:
What? You mean you would build a mansion identical to the one in the remake?

My lord, Jamesy, you're being ridiculous. I played the REmake before I played the original, and yet I still think the original RE was quite a bit more on the scary and creepy side than the REmake.

Yes, the graphics were better, but the bad graphics give it a sense of classic horror, along with the fact that sometimes you don't really know what you're up against due to the inability to tell one thing apart from another.

Yes, the music in the REmake was indeed creepy music, but the utter lack of music, the feeling of being completely alone in a mansion with nothing for company but your gun and the countless zombies gives you a much greater fear than any creepy music.

Jamesy, don't fault a game for its age or lack of graphics or features, as it was not only the basis for all subsequent Resident Evil games (especially your beloved REmake) but it was this originality in itself, the pioneering of new gameplay and ideas and the so-called 'faults' you find in the game that gave it such an amazingly creepy feel and high fear element.

Not to mention, you haven't even finished it yet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 12:38 pm

Well I have seen cut scenes of the later part of the game on youtube and its good but not amazing. I played both the remake and the original in the same year and honestly I enjoyed the remake better and thats coming from a smart die hard Resident Evil fan.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:29 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well I have seen cut scenes of the later part of the game on youtube and its good but not amazing. I played both the remake and the original in the same year and honestly I enjoyed the remake better and thats coming from a smart die hard Resident Evil fan.

a diehard resi fan who only plays the main series game?hhhhhmmmm. as for graphics, jamesy you love the remake the most? right, however re5s graphics are absolutely amazing and better than remakes so does that make re5 better than remake? i will leave that for you to decide
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Barber just pwned you there Jamesy. Good graphics don't make a game good Jamesy. So you are saying that you would rather play Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing, instead of Super Mario Bros. 3 just because Big Rigs has better graphics? Your arguments are the worst things everrrrr Jamesy. Give up.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:14 pm

I am not one to give up. Sure RE5 had better graphics but as far as I am concerned it did not have the fear factor of the RE1 Remake.

Shit I stand corrected after watching the original RE1 on youtube again it is actually quite scary but I still don't know if its scary as the remake.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am not one to give up. Sure RE5 had better graphics but as far as I am concerned it did not have the fear factor of the RE1 Remake.

Shit I stand corrected after watching the original RE1 on youtube again it is actually quite scary but I still don't know if its scary as the remake.

well jamesy at 20 years old i doubt you will find a game that is scary.more about creepiness.the eerie silence in original and the loud footsteps as nite said were brillant
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 7:13 pm

Jamesy wrote:
no comment
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 11:54 pm

lol^
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 12:45 pm

Whats so funny? Just because I am a lot smarter than you think I am.

Don't argue with a guy who knows his facts about Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:53 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Whats so funny? Just because I am a lot smarter than you think I am.

Don't argue with a guy who knows his facts about Resident Evil.

lol jamesy calm down. alot of people on here know facts surely you know the difference between facts an opinions. it is of your opinion that remake was creepier than the original.thats not a fact
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 2:03 pm

Well I know its a fact that the remake is better than the original. That I am sure of, in fact I am almost willing to bet my life on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!   RE1 and RE0 Special Effects! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE1 and RE0 Special Effects!
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next