Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Intersting thought EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Intersting thought EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Intersting thought EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Intersting thought EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Intersting thought EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Intersting thought EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Intersting thought EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Intersting thought EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Intersting thought EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Intersting thought

Go down 
+5
Spike991
Mass Distraction
Regenerator
weskersbarber
Jamesy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 9:57 am

Do you think it would be weird exploring around the spencer mansion in the daytime? Do you think it would not be as scary as it would be at nightime etc....?
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:03 pm

well i would freak out being in the forest at daytime nevermind the spencer mansion
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 3:56 pm

It woulden't be that scary in the daytime. On a stormy night scary for sure.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Jamesy wrote:

of course it would be scary.the arklay mountains are a couple of miles long.you would easily get lost and god knows what could be in the forest
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 7:23 pm

weskersbarber wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

of course it would be scary.the arklay mountains are a couple of miles long.you would easily get lost and god knows what could be in the forest
brings back memories of the Blair Witch Project
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 6:49 am

Well it woulden't take too long to journey from the spencer mansion through the woods back to racoon city.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 5:31 am

Unless you get lost and shredded to pieces by cerberi or some other things Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 5:34 am

Regenerator since those woods are in midwest america the woodland would be a lot more spaced out and different to how would it be in the blair witch project (since it was set in Maryland) and more mountanous as well so it would be easier to find your way around.

Plus I have actually been on holiday to midwest america so I know what I am talking about.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 6:09 pm

You don't have to use much imagination to know what Raccoon Forest would be like during the day, just play the Flashback scenario in Outbreak File#2.
Back to top Go down
thawonguy89
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptySun Feb 14, 2010 11:53 pm

Well, wandering around in the forest during daylight would help out wonders. But to be honest, exploring inside the mansion during the day wouldn't really change a whole hell of a lot. It's still pretty eerie inside and it wouldn't change much of the suspense, other than some of the outdoors area's anyway.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyTue Feb 16, 2010 6:11 pm

thawonguy89 wrote:
Well, wandering around in the forest during daylight would help out wonders. But to be honest, exploring inside the mansion during the day wouldn't really change a whole hell of a lot. It's still pretty eerie inside and it wouldn't change much of the suspense, other than some of the outdoors area's anyway.

Well as long as the music and visuals are there, the time of day doesn't matter.Smile
Back to top Go down
Flippy147
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Flippy147

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Spike991 wrote:
thawonguy89 wrote:

Well as long as the music and visuals are there, the time of day doesn't matter.Smile

The time of day reflects a whole lot more than just music and visuals. Lighting, object appearance and perspective, is all changed by this change of night-to-daylight scenario. It shows differance in atmosphere and tone. (Music is still pretty scary, I agree.)
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 7:00 am

Flippy147 wrote:
The time of day reflects a whole lot more than just music and visuals. Lighting, object appearance and perspective, is all changed by this change of night-to-daylight scenario. It shows differance in atmosphere and tone. (Music is still pretty scary, I agree.)

but since the mansion was well lit and still seemed really creepy, lighting wouldn't seem to change much. As for zombies.. Well, they'll eat you day or night, so that doesn't change a lot. Exploring the Spencer Mansion in daylight wouldn't change a whole lot.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Flippy147 wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
thawonguy89 wrote:

You could have a point, except in RE you typically see or hear the enemies, lighting doesn't really factor in so much. If you don't see an enemy and get a quick scare, it is typically because you cannot see them, either from a crappy angle, or the enemy being behind you.

Turning a corner in Spencer's mansion to be greated by an MA-121 Hunter, or turning around to a Dr. Salvador with a chainsaw in a rural village in Europe, because of the music and sounds, and just overall atmosphere, it still has the same fear factor.Wink
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 8:53 pm

In pretty much any of the RE games, no matter what time of day, or weather, walking through a door to be greeted by some zombie or something like that can give you a good fright. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flippy147
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Flippy147

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:09 pm

Both of you make great points, but being inside or in a dim area in a forest have a differant feel. Inside you expect things to pop out at you, outside the only scary surprise i guess would be random encounters or they come up from behind. But I still stand firm to the idea that lighting effects the tone of the game a lot more than people might think.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 4:34 pm

The lighting wouldn't affect the game (RE1). For one thing...it is almost exclusively inside. Secondly, the forest is so thick that it would block almost all light coming down anyway. Mix that with the windows in the mansion and the light becomes barely any different from day to night.
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 6:18 pm

I agree with that, too. I mean, a lot of the moments in RE5 (which is almost entirely in daylight) are just as intense as the moments in any of the other games at night.

The idea that a giant star in the sky makes things less creepy is nonsense to me.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 4:25 pm

Moonknight67 wrote:
I agree with that, too. I mean, a lot of the moments in RE5 (which is almost entirely in daylight) are just as intense as the moments in any of the other games at night.

The idea that a giant star in the sky makes things less creepy is nonsense to me.

Yep, it goes beyond just being the time of day.Smile
Back to top Go down
Moonknight67
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Moonknight67

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 2:34 pm

Honestly, there are a lot more important things to consder before the time of day, anyways. What about the location itself, the general ambience of that location, the people (type, number of, and so on), and the environment?

For instance, a large population of brutish zombies in the wilderness of northern europe is more terrifying than, say, a zombie town of 300 or so in the rural midwest US.

Even without considering the number, would you rather be trapped in a zombie outbreak in the Vatican, where all of them are moped riding religious nuts who eat more than they walk and are either really fat or unhealthily thin, or in Samoa or Tonga, where the smallest guy is 7' tall and built like a bus?

Day or night, I'd take Vatican City over Apia or Nukuʻalofa anyday. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intersting thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intersting thought   Intersting thought Empty

Back to top Go down

Intersting thought
Page 1 of 1