HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)

Go down 
+2
WESKER2893
Andrew
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) Empty
PostSubject: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:55 am

This is where you can post your reviews of the recently released RE: Darkside Chronicles. I bought it yesterday morning at 7:30 a.m. before I drove to school. I played it yesterday afternoon, and I love it. Here are my thoughts on it:

RE2 Section: The RE2 section of the game is my favorite section so far. It gets all the main points of the story, and follows the canonical storyline of ClaireA/LeonB. There are actually some new areas added to this section, because the sewers are far more expansive this time around, and there's also more areas of the lab you get to see to. A new addition to RE:DC is that the Bowgun can now be used as a weapon. Overall, it may feel abridged rushed at times, but I think that it does RE2 justice, and captures the feeling and atmosphere of that beloved game.

RE:CV(X) section: This section is done good too. The story is considerably more abridged than the RE2 section is, but it also has new parts of Rockfort Island that you explore also. Alfred, I think, is more scary in this adaptation than he is in the original RE:CVX, and he also sort of looks different too. I'm still playing through the first half of the story, so I'll post my thoughts on the second part, the Claire/Chris - Antarctic Facility part, once I beat it.

NEW SCENARIO: The new scenario featuring Leon and Krauser is very refreshing and adds more depth to the RE story. It's pretty cool being able to play as Krauser back when he and Leon were still parnters. Although it takes place in South America, the outdoor portions are very reminiscent of RE5. So far, the action and pacing of this new scenario are pretty well done.

In all, I think this has been a pretty cool game so far, and I think I prefer this one over RE: Umbrella Chronicles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/andrew_resi
WESKER2893
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
WESKER2893

PostSubject: cool   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:48 am

this sounds so cool!! i want this game so much! it better be good
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 6:46 am

WESKER2893 wrote:
this sounds so cool!! i want this game so much! it better be good

It's awesome! I beat the game on Easy Mode last night. Now I'm going for a run on Normal Mode later today. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but I love this game more than Umbrella Chronicles. The weapons are easier to manage now, and the custimization of the weapons is alot easier to understand and use too. There is ALOT more stuff to collect for the Archives too, and once you unlock a cutscene, you can now view it in the Archives section whenever you want too.
Back to top Go down
WESKER2893
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
WESKER2893

PostSubject: cool   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 7:00 am

cool man sounds awsome! when did you get it?
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 8:05 am

I got it Tuesday morning (Nov. 17th), the morning it was released. So far, only RE5 and Darkside Chronicles are the only REs that I've bought on their very release date. I was probably the first one in my town to get it, cause I bought it as they started stocking the shelves with it! lol
Back to top Go down
WESKER2893
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
WESKER2893

PostSubject: re   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 9:53 am

wow ive never bought a game when it first came out!! haha and when it was being put on the shelves haha!lol!')
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyThu Nov 19, 2009 4:02 pm

Yeah, it was pretty neat to get it that early! I looked in my local Wal-Mart today and there was only 3 copies on the shelves. I'll only get certain games that early, and for me RE:DC was worth it lol. I'm still thoroughly enjoying it. Replaying the RE2 chapters in Normal and Hard Mode with upgraded weapons has kept me busy for a little while! lol. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WESKER2893
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
WESKER2893

PostSubject: yeh   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:38 am

cool i just bought it if play.com!! is it really that good?
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 6:49 am

I think it's better than Umbrella Chronicles and it's extremely fun, but it's not the next Gears of War or COD: Modern Warfare. It is very good and delivers for an RE game though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WESKER2893
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
WESKER2893

PostSubject: ok   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:36 am

ok thnk you and yeh i love cod modern warfare!! ive just bought cod moderwarfare 2
Back to top Go down
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 5:47 pm

i love the darkside choronicles! Very Happy . im playing it now i just got it today im battling william in his 4th doglike transformation
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 5:49 pm

WESKER2893 wrote:
ok thnk you and yeh i love cod modern warfare!! ive just bought cod moderwarfare 2

I think COD:MW2 is pretty cool too. Definitely worth a buy! The Xbox 360 version of it is still sold out in my town, although there are an abundance of the PS3 version though, oddly enough. lol I'll probably either buy or rent it pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Godzilla90s wrote:
i love the darkside choronicles! Very Happy . im playing it now i just got it today im battling william in his 4th doglike transformation

The battles against William (G) and Mr. X in the lab areas are pretty intense, even in Easy Mode. I loved the fight against William; it seems like he constantly and persistently never gives up! lol
Back to top Go down
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 10:50 pm

Andrew wrote:
Godzilla90s wrote:

The battles against William (G) and Mr. X in the lab areas are pretty intense, even in Easy Mode. I loved the fight against William; it seems like he constantly and persistently never gives up! lol

yep it took me a lot of tries to kill that willam, 3 transformations in a row. im now on the code veronica part, chris has an afro lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
Biohazard2Fan
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Biohazard2Fan

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 12:59 pm

i got a chance to finally beat the game it was long but it was a great game the leon and kauser senario had some weird graphics if i do say so myself but the re2 and reCV had amazing graphics. my only complaint is i wish you get to atleast see the gun i feel like i am doin not but pointin and it can get annoying and boring but other else than that i love it i am sad that this might be the closest to a remake i would have loved to see it remade the exact same way as the original. i also LOVE the cut scenes they were pretty awesome my fav was with Chief Irons i love him he is awesome!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 9:41 pm

I loved cutscenes too. I'm glad that we can review them as much as we want now in the Archives, since we couldn't in the Umbrella Chronicles. The cutscene with Chief Irons was cool; I wish that he could've gotten more screen time though. I love the fight with Mr. X in the power room of the lab, with Leon and Claire both fighting him at once. I love the way they show Ada's "death scene" in the game too; it's just as emotional as it was back in the original RE2.

Leon and Krauser being partners, and in a game with the word "Darkside", reminds me very much of Star Wars with Obi-Wan Kenobi (in this case Leon) and Anakin Skywalker (in this case Krauser). I loved this element of the game very much, because it makes Krauser feel like a once "good" character who is corrupted and ultimately turns evil.
Back to top Go down
The mastAH!
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
The mastAH!

Steam : Ryokyon!

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 2:48 pm

yeah I think, so far that even for easy it is blooming hard. I like the cutscene at the start when Leon has his hat on XD
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 4:30 pm

Andrew wrote:
I loved cutscenes too. I'm glad that we can review them as much as we want now in the Archives, since we couldn't in the Umbrella Chronicles. The cutscene with Chief Irons was cool; I wish that he could've gotten more screen time though. I love the fight with Mr. X in the power room of the lab, with Leon and Claire both fighting him at once. I love the way they show Ada's "death scene" in the game too; it's just as emotional as it was back in the original RE2.

Leon and Krauser being partners, and in a game with the word "Darkside", reminds me very much of Star Wars with Obi-Wan Kenobi (in this case Leon) and Anakin Skywalker (in this case Krauser). I loved this element of the game very much, because it makes Krauser feel like a once "good" character who is corrupted and ultimately turns evil.

This sums up alot of how I feel about the game as well. Seeing Krauser and Leon together, with the voices being done by Jim Ward and Paul Mercier made it even better, it just made me smile.Smile

As for RE2's section, Irons had such a cool part, although relatively small, and his mutation, or rather G bursting from his body looked really cool. I love the Birkin family, so seeing anything else from them is just great. I didn't like William's voice at all, it is the same guy from UC, and he sounded like a 12 years old then, and just as much now. Otherwise I loved seeing all of his mutations made over with the nice graphics. That scene where he strikes down Annette in his 2nd form was just epic.

CVX had a cool part as well. The Ashford's were some what dissapointing, what with the voices and all. Claire and Steve were both pretty cool, although I disliked little gratuitous changes to their outfits. CVX was always my favorite Wesker appearance, shame we didn't really see him, but considering DC Douglas was doing his voice, I wouldn't want to hear him butcher Richard Waugh's perfect lines. This also happened to be my favorite Chris appearance, and using Roger Craig Smith(freshley off of RE5) was genius.Wink The part at the end where him and Claire reunite felt so much better in DC than in CVX, it wasn't quite as casual, you could really feel and see the emotion.

Again with Operation Javier, it had a good plot, we get to see more of the Veronica virus, and there was some great music, mixed in with some cool stuff with Jack & Leon, overall I give the game a 10/10. Even gameplay wasn't so bad.Smile
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Cerberus
Cerberus
Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptySun Nov 29, 2009 6:50 pm

I agree too. I thought that the music in the game was good too. I'm glad they got the original composers of RE2 and RE:CVX to return and and compose and remix their original tracks. It was nice to hear the "Front Hall Theme" in the background while Leon and Claire talk to Marvin. And the "Lullaby" that Alexia and Alfred sing was refreshing to hear again. The new music introduced in Operation Javier was also pleasant on the ears.

The one thing that I think that should've been included in Darkside Chronicles was more side-stories, in the same vein as "Death's Door" was in Umbrella Chronicles. It would've been awesome to play as Wesker "behind-the-scenes" during the events of RE:CVX. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:40 pm

I think it should have added some cool new behind the scenes kind of stuff, perhaps like we saw with Death's Door and Dark Legacy, etc., but I personally don't want to listen to DC Douglas butcher the Wesker voice anymore than he already has.

I would like to have seen more of Chris though, especially since Roger Craig Smith was doing his voice, it would have been nice to shed some light on moments not really seen, such as the time between the Mansion and Raccoon Incidents, with trying to show what happened and how it was Umbrella's fault, and the stuff leading up to the events on Rockfort...getting the info from Leon about Claire, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)   Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!) Empty

Back to top Go down

Your reviews of RE: Darkside Chronicles (SPOILER ALERT!)
Page 1 of 1