HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What improvments do you think they could have made?

Go down 
+3
Spike991
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:09 pm

Yeah those giant majinis are kind of weird and freaky. Having to fight those majanis in the caves is a bit freaky as well.

As far as I am concerned not being able to run and shoot with a gun to many is view as cheap way of making the game scarier.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Trust me, there are all sorts of game that are bad that get great reviews and even more great games that get bad reviews. As for RE not being scary, when the hell were prior RE games scary? None of them scared me aside from RE1 (original not REmake). The run and gun mechanics were only wanted by fps fans that glue their fingers to the trigger buttons. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you like to jump on bandwagons.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:22 pm

Resident Evil 4 had its scary moments
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:06 pm

So did RE5. "Scary moments" doesn't cut it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:04 pm

Most of the complaints we hear about RE5 can just be disregarded, it is not only suggested, it is advised.Smile We don't need to run 'n' gun in RE, and if you want to, go play Outbreak File#2 or Dead Aim, both of those allow for it, although it feels akward and slow like it would in real life, and thus still keeps the tension.

I witnessed alot of the same kind of fear in RE5 that I did in most of the others, and I didn't personally find any of the games scary....and the moments that people typically call out as "scary" didn't really get me, like the dog through the window, the licker through the mirror....

I liked other things, like the hands through the boarded up windows, a bird jumping through a car window in RE3...etc.Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:39 am

Well I woulden't classify shooting majinis in a sunny desert and tropical surroundings as 'scary'. At least in RE4 there was darkness. RE5 just did not feel like Resident Evil. If RE5 was survival horror at its best then I will eat my laptop.
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 8:55 am

RE4 didn't feel like RE....for oh so many reasons. None of the games terrify me...they can give me the odd jump but if want something to scare me psychologically i pip for Silent Hill.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:07 am

Silent Hills had its day. I mean when was the last time they made a good Silent Hill game?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:24 am

You dislike RE5 because it didn't feel like RE? RE5 IS RE4! RE4 felt nothing like how many of us think RE really feels. I think the "true" RE feel is like 0-CVX. Do you see what I mean now? RE4 fans are touched! They hate RE5 for the exact same reasons they love RE4...What a freakin' paradox.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:34 am

Your missing my point NightKrawler. RE4 was differnent from resident evil games that came before BUT at least you actually felt scared in the game. The only scary bit of RE5 is when those Giant Majinis make that freaky war cry and come chasing after you and thats saying something.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:39 am

Jamesy wrote:
Your missing my point NightKrawler. RE4 was differnent from resident evil games that came before BUT at least you actually felt scared in the game. The only scary bit of RE5 is when those Giant Majinis make that freaky war cry and come chasing after you and thats saying something.

"BUT at least you actually felt scared in the game."

You need to replace that "you" with "I". Because I felt no more scared in RE4 than in RE5. The only scary part in RE4 was the regenerators/iron maidens. You have been countered.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:45 am

Well I think trying to get Ashley out of the village at nightime in RE4 was scary. And most of the people that review RE5 said the game was a pusscay compared to other RE games that came before it.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 9:56 am

Jamesy wrote:
Well I think trying to get Ashley out of the village at nightime in RE4 was scary. And most of the people that review RE5 said the game was a pusscay compared to other RE games that came before it.

Getting Ashley anywhere was only a pain in the ass. The only scary thing about it was just how much of a pain in the ass it was. Also, most reviewers probably played RE4 for their first RE game and as such, have no credible word in the matter. RE5 is probably one of the harder RE games. RE4 sure as hell wasn't. Also, as I have said a million times, all the reviewers I read were just bitter about not being able to run and gun.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:00 am

RE5 can be a pain in the ass to complete depending on what mode your playing. Trying to get Ashley out of the village at the dead of night with thunder and lightning is as scary as hell. You see thats the mistake that RE5 made, most of it was in daylight. Well obvioulsy when you are on the ship its dark, but it still ain't that scary.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:32 am

Jamesy wrote:
RE5 can be a pain in the ass to complete depending on what mode your playing. Trying to get Ashley out of the village at the dead of night with thunder and lightning is as scary as hell. You see thats the mistake that RE5 made, most of it was in daylight. Well obvioulsy when you are on the ship its dark, but it still ain't that scary.

...lolz. Are you a girl? Because that is the only way RE4 would have scared you. (no offense Riot) But seriously...babysitting an incompetent whiny little girl and taking her through a village in the dark with fake as hell thunder and lightning is scary? looooooooooooooooooooooool.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 10:47 am

I am willing to bet a lot of money that you were scared when you had to play that part in the game. And I am a man of my word.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:13 am

Jamesy wrote:
I am willing to bet a lot of money that you were scared when you had to play that part in the game. And I am a man of my word.

Wow...Don't go to Vegas. I can 100% without a doubt tell you that I was not one bit scared at any part of RE4 except for when the regenerators were near me. If night, thunder, and lightning scare you in a video game, there is no help. You are a wuss plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:26 am

Hmmmm yeah but I bet you needed a few friends in the room with you when you played that bit in RE4. And pleaaaasseeeee I have played my fair share of Silent Hill games so the wuss comments really are not appreciated or funny to me at all.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:41 am

Jamesy wrote:
Hmmmm yeah but I bet you needed a few friends in the room with you when you played that bit in RE4. And pleaaaasseeeee I have played my fair share of Silent Hill games so the wuss comments really are not appreciated or funny to me at all.

I don't understand how you can play Silent Hill and be fine, but you play RE4 and you get scared? Something wrong there. And no, I've never have anyone with me whilst I play RE4. That part was not scary at alllll. You have ammo up to your teeth and everything moves god awful slow, slow enough to dispatch quickly anyway so no, it isn't scary in the slightest.

"so the wuss comments really are not appreciated"

I only made one so that should be singular. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:51 am

Silent Hill was quite scary but I actually found some parts of RE4 were scarier than the Silent Hill games. Just my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 11:53 am

Jamesy wrote:
Silent Hill was quite scary but I actually found some parts of RE4 were scarier than the Silent Hill games. Just my humble opinion.

Strange.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:09 pm

Strange? Well Silent Hill tried to hard to be scary and was really quite stereotypical in some respects. RE4 was a masterpiece because it combined fear with action adventure. Not an easy thing to do belive me and sadly thats where RE5 faild becasue it struggled to combine fear with action adventure. What I found ironic is on the front of the game box it says "A fear you can't forget". Well the game certainly struggles to give you the fear factor type feel.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Strange? Well Silent Hill tried to hard to be scary and was really quite stereotypical in some respects. RE4 was a master piece because it combined fear with action adventure. Not an easy thing to do belive me.

Yes, and it still hasn't been accomplished. RE4 was action adventure with a few creepy things like regenerators. There really wasn't any fear present. At least Silent Hill had stuff jump all over your ass. It's enemies were creepier too.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:16 pm

I think the fact that you are trying to get Ashley through the Worship room in the castle with a thousand enemies on your tale is darn scary. Silent Hill as far as I am concerned just relies on sound and cheap darkness to make it scary. Now the Remake was very scary because in fact I think the RE1 remake was scarier than any silent hill game I have played for sure.

Last edited by Jamesy on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 22, 2009 12:21 pm

the original re was the scariest. it was very creepy and i when i was younger i always had to have my big brother in the room when i was playing thats how afraid i was. if a zombie bite me i would freak and turn the tv off and then it would take hours for me to build up the courage to play it again. but i was only like 6 or 7 for gods sake
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What improvments do you think they could have made?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next