Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The William Birkin Tribute!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

The William Birkin Tribute!! Empty
PostSubject: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 11:19 pm

Well to follow with what RedFieldRiot was doing, I thought we could show our appreciation for a very overlooked yet cool character, Doctor William Birkin.Smile

Bill has a large history with Umbrella and tends to get overlooked, mostly by people not a familar with RE or just getting into it, simply because his role in the games is fairly small, with his role in the overall story being huge. Him & Al are known as friends and are competitive rivals at everything they do, and unfortunately some of the more recent things in the RE timeline make all of that a bit insignificant or just take away from it...

Birkin is in RE2, RE0, UC, Outbreak, etc. He had a terrific voice actor in RE2, Diego Matamores, who really captured the character and his desperation perfectly. In RE0 he had an equally talented voice actor who will remain nameless since Capcom decided with RE0 they didn't want to have credits showing who played who, but anyway Wil was perfect even in the Outbreak opening, and everything until UC, which made him look strange and sound like a 9 year old...but looking at the good times which overdo the one bad, I think he gets a 10/10.Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 2:58 pm

Yay i have some help in this thread starting because my god it is extensive lol.......

Well what can i say about William Birkin other than i love him.....totally and utterly....the best villain in my eyes but he sadly never really got to shine that much so of course i have huge hopes for DC to reveal more of the story with him and his precious G virus. He was fantastically concepted in RE2 and even today i still love the train battle with him and he scared the crap outta me first time round. His devotion to his G virus project was immense...right to the end....injecting himself with the virus was a darn brave move in my eyes but it also meant his downfall....but i guess he may have thought that as long as he took down as many people with him as possible then it wouldn't have all been in vain.

Again agree with you Spike in regards to the voicing...totally amazing until UC..(seems to be a thing with them lol) and it's quite a sad thing that his character gets overlooked alot because he is responsible for a large chunk of the RE story even though his roles in the series are minor...without him in the timeline others would not have occured. Loved the fact that he had a rivarly with Al....made it all the more interesting...not to forget his role alongside Wesker of course. I think it is truly impossible to not like Will....he is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:10 pm

Wil is so great, and I also have high hopes for DC, and hope that Capcom can capture this whole Birkin Tragedy like it was always meant to be.Smile

Despite his small and overlooked appearances, I have come to really appreciate those small things from him, as I found his cameo in the Outbreak opening to be magnificant, and chilling with the terrific music.Smile

I guess the only way to conclude this would be to say that I have high hopes for Darkside Chronicles, and I sure hope it doesn't dissapoint, as the two screenshots I have seen both look pretty good.Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Yaeh they do look pretty good but they have already slightly killed him for me by giving him blonde hair....i mean come onthere's no excuse for that....Will had brown hair...small things irritate me lol.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:29 pm

RedFieldRiot wrote:
Yaeh they do look pretty good but they have already slightly killed him for me by giving him blonde hair....i mean come onthere's no excuse for that....Will had brown hair...small things irritate me lol.

It was certainly much darker back in RE2, I still saw some blonde in it though, you can tell especially at the part where the USF come into his lab and he is backing away with his pistol, you get a clear shot of the back of his hair and there is some visible blonde, plus some of the earlier artwork, like for the original RE0 and stuff like that showed him with much more blonde, I think that it looked like a fair mixture of both in RE0, should have had a little more brown...I guess more shots will reveal more.

Did you find that one pic of Wil?
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 5:11 am

Birkin does tend to get overlooked a lot in RE but he does have an important role in the series...his best part is in RE2...he just has the perfect mix of everything you could ask for
Back to top Go down
Bernard
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bernard

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:40 am

Birkin
A example of survival,strength and....determination maybe xP
He is a great character as well a great villan
He walks beside Wesker and Nemesis as our great villians on the franchise
Birkin we adore you
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 11:07 am

Yes, he walks beside Wesker, and I forgot to mention how he is definately comparable with Nemesis, the Persistant Birkin and the Relentless Nemesis.Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 2:36 pm

Haven't found that pic yet Spike...still looking lol.

Persistent...yeah i will give Birkin that...especially when he tried battering my head in with a steel pipe lol.
Back to top Go down
The mastAH!
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
The mastAH!

Steam : Ryokyon!

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 3:39 pm

and his precious g-virus don't forget that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The William Birkin Tribute!!   The William Birkin Tribute!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The William Birkin Tribute!!
Page 1 of 1