Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 5:01 pm

Righty ho i thought about having a seperate thread for each of our utmost fave characters from the RE universe, a place where we can all come together to discuss our likes and dislikes about them and just all in all take the characters apart piece by piece...so first up is Albert Wesker.

In my eyes this guy is a legend in video game creation, the ultimate villain who cares about nothing and no-one other than his own personal goals. Deep, dark and downright calculating he ran rings around us all throughtout the series and yet i loved it every step of the way. He has been my fave villain since it all began at that fateful mansion estate...even though i didn't like the character voice in the beginning...in my eyes DC Douglas is Wesker. I do however prefer his clothing in RE5 than to anything he has worn throughout, i quite like him in that trenchcoat and all donned out in black..it gives him an edge.

So enough of my goings on...over to you guys...get the ball rolling in the great Wesker tribute.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySat Jun 06, 2009 7:05 pm

Well I didn't mind his voice in the original, not good but not horrible.Smile Richard Waugh made that character who he is, and shall be remembered as Albert Wesker.Smile His voice took a Wrong Turn with D.C. Douglas and has really taken Wesker's character from being perfect in my eyes, to being just above average...

His personality and outfits have had just as much change as the voice, and those unforunately cannot all be placed on Douglas.Sad He always had a cool style, usually wearing black, with his lab coat we saw at least two different variations, a black turtleneck or a black shirt unbuttoned. His STARS uniform was mostly black, and with the blue shirt underneath, it made him look like a police officer, and that was pretty cool, and to continue with the coolness, his CVX outfit was a pretty generic tactical outfit, we have seen cool characters like James Bond & Ethan Hunte wear this, Wesker simply had the collar popped and his sleeves rolled up, and it was cool. Then in RE4, while he was still a great and perfect character, he had his suit with a turtleneck, which was cool, it was all black which I didn't mind, and he still managed to keep from really looking like he was from the Matrix.Smile

Then in UC they decided that a stupid trenchcoat is what he needed with the rest of his attire...this in my opinion was stupid and I never really liked it, trenchcoats are not his style, and this is somthing that seems to have come in with the voice. Despite that, he didn't even wear it except for that opening scene for the Umbrella's End scenario, but it didn't help that Capcom was too lazy to give him a new outfit, which something tactical would have made more sense, like in CVX.

RE5 kept his voice actor D.C. Douglas with his two initials and a last name, and he continued to overdo the Wesker voice, making the cool Brit/American thing into a completely British accent. I can't really say that Wesker had a British accent before, it is more like something that was inspired by Agent Smith from The Matrix, but it worked well under the guide of Waugh....It should also be noted that Douglas tends to not only overdo the voice, but to also make it sound really unnatural, and thus takes me out of the scene, so instead of being immersed in the world of RE, I find myself hating his voice and realizing that I am watching a cutscene...

His outfit in RE5 was basically an attempt to make it look like his tactiacal outfit from CVX, which was okay I guess, but it would have been nice to see him with something different, maybe something more fitting for 120 degrees...which brings me to some compliments, his new glasses were nice & refreshing, not to replace his old ones, but for that game in that time period, it was cool, as well as a nice little tan.Smile

But to finish off the sandwich, Capcom decided to leave a stupid trenchcoat, that looked even more ridiculous than before, it has a large slit up the back that makes it swing around, and with all of his clothing looking like it is leather, he seems like some gothic teenager, which is also complimented by his screaming towards the end...

Wesker has superhuman strenght, pretty cool and obviously inspired by the then recent Matrix movie, and probably Agent Smith more so, but it was all really realistic in CVX and it's predecessor RE4. In RE4 he almost had a bit of a frightening presence, as we didn't know what he was really capable of, and he was just so cool, another reason he was dissapointing in RE5. He for some reason spontaneously started doing all kinds of gymnastics sommersaults and barralrolls in mid-air, which looked ridiculous. Not only because it is RE, but because of all of the characters that had to do that, he should not have been the one...

Wesker was a researcher, then went to the information department, and of course was the captain of STARS Alpha Team, no doubt because of his position with Umbrella and their pull on the Chief Of Police, Brian Irons. So even as if it couldn't get any more ridiculous, he has apparantly started crawling around on ceilings like a spider and doing all kinds of jujitsu like Tank just uploaded a program into his mind....

This has all resulted in people always saying, "Wesker is a badass", "He is the biggest badass in the world", etc, and yadaydayada, but I personally never liked to think of him like that, as I don't believe that is really true, his character is badass in how cool he was, but he isn't a badass.Smile

I loved this character and would have given him a 10/10 any day, but I really really hate what Capcom has done with him, I prefer to ignore UC & RE5, but cannot do this, as I am a die hard fan, but his coolness has lowered so much for me....

I now give him a 6/10, with the old times being enough to keep him in my top 5 favorite characters....
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 2:43 pm

Now i can see where your coming from Spike, in the old days Weskers character was alot more intimidating so to say, he ran rings round us and we had no idea just what he truly was upto and why and yet with RE5 it was all revealed just a little too quickly for me ( a flaw i do find with RE5) I didn't like his major superhuman turn all of a sudden...i especially didn't like his flashy i can't get shot moments or the fact that he couldn't see in the dark (something that still fails to have a proper explanation) however because he is Wesker...i do still love him and always will because of his sheer attitude, bad ass...no i agree with you there he wasn't so much of a bad ass..for me his whole attitude and the way he carried himself made him awesome and intimidating in certain games. As for the voice....for some reason i do like DC Douglas...i can't put my finger on why i do exactly but i do...for me it just gives me a sheer shiver of delight at hearing him shout CHRISSSSSSSSSS!!! and to me he sounds very American...it's the under twang in the speech. I do like his trenchcoat though, i just think it adds to him.....and i think that kinda stems from my love for the Doctor in Dr Who...he has a long style coat as does Captain Jack from Torchwood...so i guess it's my personal fetish lol.

Still this is what these threads were made for....debate and picking apart....it's fun.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:02 pm

The Wesker from before was so cool because of how different he was, unlike most villians, he pretty much took a backseat to it all, and everything he did seemed so much more genuine and realistic...

And the way he was a villian, he always had his own thing going on, whether it be him and Birkin doing their job, or trying to retrieve a sample of something, or whatever, and it usually was really cool once he came into a scene, but I felt this was absent from UC & RE5, partly because of the voice & partly because of how Capcom is changing his role. Also how they are trying to make him sound like he speaks in old english, "You will regret this m'lady", and overdoing so many lines, "I'm just getting started".

Being a cool character in two major games, I assume Douglas would get at least a couple of cool lines, how he yelled Chris was one, it had a frightening touch to it, and maybe another line, but most sounded terrible to me, mainly because he had a perfect one before that, which is probably why I dislike Douglas' version as much as I do.

I think the trenchcoat would be fine, if it were on somebody else, I don't see how Wesker's style goes from sophisticated and cool, to overthetop and gothic....

Well yeah I agree, it was fun to pick apart each detail, and sort of summarize all of the thoughts into one post, which turned out to be kind of long...but anyway these are pretty good threads, I enjoyed all of them so far.Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 3:59 pm

One thing i will say about Wesker though....now he has (well hopefully, you never truly know) gone...there are some pretty god damn big boots left to fill......whoever Capcom decide to introduce now has got alot to live upto and it's going to be a hard act to follow by far.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:02 pm

That is one good thing I can say, that at least they killed him off so we don't have to sit through any more of his "bullshit", as like Chris, I was getting tired of it...

I think that once we get some more villians going, people will not be whining about him not being dead and all, and I think Capcom can introduce some new great villians, as well as bringing back some that have been forgotten after all this time.Smile

I mean they made Sergei & Ricardo & Excella, and I really enjoyed all of those villians, but they were unfortunately killed off, but I have no doubt that Capcom can create some new cool ones.Smile *crossing fingers*
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:08 pm

See now i truly think Capcom made a huge mistake by killing off Irving. To me he was one of the best created and truly rivalled Wesker. He was dark and cared about no one but his own gains...much like Wesker. He also got huge projects off the ground and seemed to have a very large background in all that has occurred but Capcom had to go and kill him off before we got to truly know him...he could have been an amazing villain.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:16 pm

Well everyone cares about something, for Irving it was money, he was a businessman with standards, he was eccentric and really enjoyable to see in RE5, and it is a real shame he was killed, as he could have gone a bit further in the RE storyline...

As for Wesker again, I think we get caught up a bit too much in him 'not caring' about anyone or anything, almost as if he is a robot...

I think Wesker wanted people to think he didn't care about anyone, as he certainly tried to not show much emotion, but he obviously had a friend in Birkin, and I bet him and the family sat down a couple of times to eat take-out.Smile

Maybe not, but Wesker seems to at least not be a robot, until UC & RE5 anyway....
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:23 pm

lol i don't mean Wesker never cared for anything....of course he had to to get up the ladder and if he needed people to get him up it then he would utilise them to do so....look at what he did to Excella and he did betray Birkin in a way too...just to get hold of the G virus. In a sad way maybe taking over the world and thinking he could save it was his way of getting people to like him and believe in him. I think as time wore on for Wesker the darkness swept him away until there was truly nothing but a dark shell of him left...he had nothing and no one left in the end.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Well he did use Excella, and The Organization, but I don't really think he used Wil for anything...

He seemed to think that all he need was Uroboros at that point, it certainly got to the point where he didn't care about anyone, except Chris of course, but this seems to be something that has come in later in the storyline, perhaps once he left his old life behind, and started his new one...
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:34 pm

Maybe Will was the only friend he ever truly had....a pair united by the same wants maybe...and then when Will died he had nothing left....didn't care for anyone....maybe he thought Excella was trying to push in where he felt Will should have been and therefore wouldn't allow anyone close again because after all i don't think anyone could have replaced him. So in the end all he did have was Uroboros.....his Chris thing...i reckon that be nothing but intense hatred...he wanted Chris dead and Chris being Chris doesn't die easily so of course that would wind Wesker up even more...he always seemed to be the one person in the way or in the background to trying to and successfully destroying Wesker's hopes and dreams.

Last edited by RedFieldRiot on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:41 pm

That is a great way to put it, after Wil died he really didn't have anything left, except maybe a a memory in Sherry...

Well in anycase, he seems to have some kind of relationship with Chris, it seems to go beyond just being hatred, as much as Wesker hates Chris, he seems to love him just as much(love, not the best word to use, but I can't think of anything more appropriate), he had so many chances to kill Chris, but can't seem to bring himself to actually do it....

If any of that makes any sense.Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:48 pm

Yeah i like to think of it in that way....that Wesker lost everything after the death of his best friend we might as well say...maybe in heart of hearts he truly believed it should have bee Will who was seeing in this new world with him...united together by the same hopes and dreams.

Maybe Wesker sees some of the same qualities in Chris as he does in himself.....strength being one of them and the desire to do what they feel is right..maybe that's whay he couldn't really kill Chris on the number of chances he had...or maybe he secretly enjoyed the challenges, the fights and the arguments lol.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:54 pm

I bet Wesker had something planned for Sherry, and since they killed him off it cannot be something in the future, but maybe something prior to RE5....there is a large gap to fill anyway.Smile 2005 to 2009...

You know we can joke around about the Wesker & Chris relationship, but I think the stuff you put is mostly true, one thing that I can really compare it to is Batman & The Joker in The Dark Knight, and the Joker's line pretty much sums it up, of course it is a rough comparision, but that is the way I look at it for Redfield/Wesker.Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 5:01 pm

That's a good comparision there between Batman and the Joker and Chris and Wesker...hits it right on the nail.

Have to agree about Sherry though...as far as i see it something had to happen to her....ahe left with Leon and Claire but not one fo them has her in later games and there;s no more mentions of her. Maybe Wesker did hunt her down because at the end of the day she had knowledge and if she was anything like her father and mother she had brains too...plus for Wesker she would be the only remaining link to Will and maybe he needed that in some way. I think Wesker could have been very good at inciting Sherry to seek revenge for her dad's death....even if he had to blame those who weren't responsible.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 5:03 pm

Absolutely, these are some great plot points, and the fact that she had a dormant G-Virus inside of her only reminds us that something will happen with her....

I think Capcom needs to take a look at these forums and take some pointers.Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Hell yeah they do......Sherry needs to make a comeback because they left her open and haven't explained a single thing that has happend to the little girl...because lets not forget she was little and yet although i'd be inclined to say she'd be scarred by what she had been through i actually don't think she was....after all she was brought up in that environment..she had her daddy and uncle Albert to look upto and admire....so maybe uncle Slbert did have a plan for her lol.
Back to top Go down
Bernard
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bernard

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 9:49 am

Wesker is what we call Chuck Norris brother
He is certainly the great and most badass villan ever,or almost ever
He certainly is misterious,good-looking,badass and wear cool sunglasses
WESKER WE LOVE YOU!!! XD
The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! Chuck%2BNorris%2BApproves
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! EmptyMon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

this is the guy you look for if you need a real badass...Wesker is the true meaning of evil in RE...he has a great role in the series and I love every moment I run into him throughout...his best part to me was in CV (I have yet to play RE5 Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!   The Albert Wesker Tribute!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Albert Wesker Tribute!!!
Page 1 of 1