HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 3make Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 1:10 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

• I swear they made that flamethrower look like a minigunon purpose

They had to. When Nemesis first rounded the corner with it, you could even see individual gun barrels on it. TBH, it wouldn't surprise me if it's some kind of fictional hybrid, with the rotary canon literally built around a flamethrower unit.

That would actually be pretty cool. A more versatile Nemesis is a more terrifying nemesis. When you hear that rotary barrel start to spin somewhere off screen you're bound to shit your pants.
That's pure Hollywood myth, you don't actually hear a rotary canon spinning up. Similarly, so is the delay between when the barrels start spinning and they start breathing fire. It's all instantaneous.

But it wouldn't surprise me if Capcom still follows through with that trope for entertainment factor. They've done it in the past with similar weapons that have appeared in the series before.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 2:12 pm

It's often also used as a game balancing mechanic. Since the minigun is often a very powerful weapon it's balanced with a slower startup.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 5:30 am

Anyone notice that Nemesis' rocket launcher looks strangely like a Nintendo Super Scope?

Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 Nintendo-snes-scope
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 7:32 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Anyone notice that Nemesis' rocket launcher looks strangely like a Nintendo Super Scope?

Switch port confirmed?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 8:11 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Switch port confirmed?
No, obviously Wii. Why? Why not?
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 3:37 pm

Anyone notice Nemesis sporting a mask at some points?.
Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 Ti5w6vgztra41
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 7:06 pm

Yeah, it's supposed to make him "blend in."
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 20, 2020 12:21 pm

The current theory is that it's because Nemesis is still a "work in progress" at Umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 10:41 am

Maybe he's just trying out the super villain business. After all, all it takes for some is some good ole fashioned "Clark Kenting". And voila, new person.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 9:37 am

It seems the Drain Deimos will be making its return.

Spoiler:

I have to say, it is scary as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 3:59 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
It seems the Drain Deimos will be making its return.

Spoiler:

I have to say, it is scary as fuck.

Everybody gangsta till they grab you by the neck.
Spoiler:

Additionally Gravedigger, Slideworm, Hunter Beta, Hunter Gamma and giant spiders have been confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Yeah, it seems like Renegade Operative mentioned the Slideworms returning in one of his videos I watched and I saw an image of Jill confronting a Hunter Gamma on the official site. I'd thought it was originally confirmed cut, but that seems to have been false. I hope they appear more often this time around. In the original, they only appeared inside the hospital basement where Carlos gets the G-virus vaccine and on the bridge spanning Raccoon Park's lake.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 12:44 pm

I wonder if they are gonna have both Brain Suckers and Drain Deimos in this. I think Brain Sucker is like the only one not confirmed. Also I'm pretty sure zombie crows have also been confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 29, 2020 5:26 pm

It actually wouldn't surprise me if they cut Brain Suckers. For the longest time, I didn't even know there was a difference between them and Drain Deimos, initially thinking they were just color palate swaps of the same monster meant to give some variety.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2020 1:02 pm

Carnival Killer wrote:
Do you know this is an action game, and not a survival horror?
We'll see how that turns out. I have yet to play it, so I can't say what it is. I have doubts that Capcom would be dumb enough to reverse course after RE2make's success in the wake of RE7's mediocre at best performance.

And in all fairness, RE3 was still straight survival horror even though it was considered the most action-oriented of the original series.

Quote :
It also has a very linear approach to the environment.
So? RE has never exactly been an open-world sandbox game to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 11:57 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
It also has a very linear approach to the environment.
So? RE has never exactly been an open-world sandbox game to begin with.
I doubt it's any less linear than what the original RE3 was. There were a few crossing roads and all inside environments were pretty freeroam so that's prolly what we'll get again, just like with RE2 and the fully explorable RPD.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Carnival Killer wrote:
Do you know this is an action game, and not a survival horror?
We'll see how that turns out. I have yet to play it, so I can't say what it is. I have doubts that Capcom would be dumb enough to reverse course after RE2make's success in the wake of RE7's mediocre at best performance.

And in all fairness, RE3 was still straight survival horror even though it was considered the most action-oriented of the original series.

The devs have stated that just like with the original they are going to up the action a bit to create more tense moments etc. Have you seen the clip with Nemesis just leaping past Jill, skidding on the ground and turning that motion into a mean right hook in her face? More fast paced but no less horror. I also hear the revised dodge mechanism will play a big part in the game.

Carnival Killer wrote:
Nemesis looks dumb as hell.

You mean the nose, right? It does look silly in promotional pictures but from what I've seen from the gameplay that'll be the last thing you're going to fixate on.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 12:16 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
I doubt it's any less linear than what the original RE3 was. There were a few crossing roads and all inside environments were pretty freeroam so that's prolly what we'll get again, just like with RE2 and the fully explorable RPD.
Exactly.

Quote :
The devs have stated that just like with the original they are going to up the action a bit to create more tense moments etc. Have you seen the clip with Nemesis just leaping past Jill, skidding on the ground and turning that motion into a mean right hook in her face? More fast paced but no less horror. I also hear the revised dodge mechanism will play a big part in the game.
That would still be well in line with OG RE3, though. No less horror, like you said. Basically, like with RE2make, I don't think they'll deviate far from the spirit of its predecessor.

I just hope the dodge mechanic actually works this time around. It was less than reliable and largely only worked when it wanted to in the original.

Quote :
You mean the nose, right? It does look silly in promotional pictures but from what I've seen from the gameplay that'll be the last thing you're going to fixate on.
Carlos: "Look, that big motherfucker got a rocket launcher!"
Jill: "Rocket launcher? Who cares about that, just look at that God-awful nose!"

Okay, maybe I borrowed the Carlos line from LJ in RE: Apocalypse, but it's like you said. Personally, though, I think the nose is a nice touch because it reminds you that this monster was, at some point, just some regular unfortunate joe who was experimented on against his will, adding a level of human tragedy to Nemesis. Not sure if you've noticed, but they did something similar with Mr X in RE2make always having a look of despair on his face.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 12:22 am

Carnival Killer wrote:
Join in, on Michael Does Life's latest live stream.

You just call in using Skype.

We love hearing from you.

https://youtu.be/PnGj54zhWqQ
Yeah, I'll pass.

If you don't like how the game is shaping up, just don't play it. Easy peasy. I took that approach for years and it worked great.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Personally, though, I think the nose is a nice touch because it reminds you that this monster was, at some point, just some regular unfortunate joe who was experimented on against his will, adding a level of human tragedy to Nemesis. Not sure if you've noticed, but they did something similar with Mr X in RE2make always having a look of despair on his face.

From a recent article by Official Xbox Magazine they mention the game is going to delve a lot deeper into both Jill and Nemesis' character than the original, fleshing out the storyline a bit more. Here's a rundown of it all, though some of it might be only speculation: https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/re3-remake-nemesis-can-enter-safe-rooms-more-info-from-oxm/

Ghost Leader wrote:
I just hope the dodge mechanic actually works this time around. It was less than reliable and largely only worked when it wanted to in the original.

I just recently read how the dodge mechanic was actually supposed to work and I never knew that there was a different button combination to use for every monster. No wonder I only ever managed to dodge zombies (on accident) because that was the easiest one. It was something along the lines of pressing "aim" at just the moment a zombie is about to grab you.

This time around I'm pretty sure I read it's a single button press but has to be executed with perfect timing.

Carnival Killer wrote:
Join in, on Michael Does Life's latest live stream.

Is that the guy who hates pretty much anything and everything Resident Evil? Why would I ever waste my time on that?

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 2:52 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind, they were talking out of their ass apparently https://twitter.com/RelyonHorror/status/1236023002380349440
Having certain rooms off limits to Mr. X in RE2make was very much needed for one to catch their breath, consolidate inventory, and the like. If Nemesis really does amp Mr. X's relentlessness up to eleven like previews have claimed, we're going to need those safe zones.

Quote :
I just recently read how the dodge mechanic was actually supposed to work and I never knew that there was a different button combination to use for every monster. No wonder I only ever managed to dodge zombies (on accident) because that was the easiest one. It was something along the lines of pressing "aim" at just the moment a zombie is about to grab you.

This time around I'm pretty sure I read it's a single button press but has to be executed with perfect timing.
I wouldn't mind different button combinations doing different dodge maneuvers (e.g., R1+Square dodging to the left and R1+Circle dodging to the right), but different button presses for different monsters was just plain dumb.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 7:28 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind, they were talking out of their ass apparently https://twitter.com/RelyonHorror/status/1236023002380349440
Having certain rooms off limits to Mr. X in RE2make was very much needed for one to catch their breath, consolidate inventory, and the like. If Nemesis really does amp Mr. X's relentlessness up to eleven like previews have claimed, we're going to need those safe zones.

Yeah, turns out I was mistaken as well. I thought that tweet meant the whole article was bull but it only meant that save room part.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 12:44 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Yeah, turns out I was mistaken as well. I thought that tweet meant the whole article was bull but it only meant that save room part.
Then I will have to read the rest of the article. XD

Anyway, to shift some gears in the discussion here, what are your plans for the night before you pick up RE3make? I think I'll have an RE movie marathon (I have RE, Apocalypse, Extinction, and Degeneration on DVD, while Afterlife is currently on Netflix), then play both characters' scenarios (first and second run) in RE2make one sitting.

Edit: Okay, read the article. The hint of a couple new monster types and talk of Tremors-like encounters with the Gravedigger have me intrigued. But why oh why can't they just retcon Jill's military background? She's either Delta Force or Explosive Ordinance Disposal. Two different units.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 5:01 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Edit: Okay, read the article. The hint of a couple new monster types and talk of Tremors-like encounters with the Gravedigger have me intrigued. But why oh why can't they just retcon Jill's military background? She's either Delta Force or Explosive Ordinance Disposal. Two different units.

Maybe it's been referenced too many times in later games etc and they are afraid someone might have an aneurism if this little thing got changed. I'm joking of course, it's not like the series is full of ridiculously small retcons. Anyone remember the mysterious "S" company, that turned out was actually Tricell but it was only explained in an untranslated Japanese reference book for Degeneration? Yeah.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Anyway, to shift some gears in the discussion here, what are your plans for the night before you pick up RE3make? I think I'll have an RE movie marathon (I have RE, Apocalypse, Extinction, and Degeneration on DVD, while Afterlife is currently on Netflix), then play both characters' scenarios (first and second run) in RE2make one sitting.

Just last year me and a couple of friends watched through the entirety of the Anderson movie series so definitely not doing that again. Maybe not for the night before but during the month leading up to it I might actually go through RE2 again and try to trophy hunt for Platinum. I know I'm not missing much, only like the S rank trophies, Mr. Raccoons and the speedrun trophies. Oh yeah, and the newly added Jill's Memo trophy, plus the No Way Out DLC trophy. Should be able to get most by running through both scenarios again. Hey, maybe I'll even stream it, who knows. Looking forward to the demo for the upcoming remake as well.

I actually just finished reading S.D. Perry's novelization of RE3 because I wanted to go through the game's story again before the release. I know it's a bit different but shush.

I've actually started a project to go through every iteration where Nicholai appears or where he is mentioned because I want to know every possible way his story ends before they eventually finalize his fate with the remake, since it doesn't have multiple endings. Whether he lives or dies will be decided in this game which is probably the biggest impact this game will have on the overall story of the series. Sure, he hasn't been seen since, but it was always up to the player to decide what happens. Actually bought the novelization of Apocalypse just to see how he fared in that since I hear it's different from the movie. He definitely had a very different end in it, as well as in Perry's book and the manhua adaptation of RE3. Actually, the Perry novelization and the manhua had quite a similar end for him. I'll leave a pic in the spoilers below from the comic.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 5:09 am

It ... honestly looks like Nemesis is anally raping him. lol
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 07, 2020 5:11 am

To be fair, Nicholai was a bit rapey himself in the novel so he had it coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3make Discussion   Resident Evil 3make Discussion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 3make Discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next