HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts

Go down 
+16
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
TyrantSteve
PWNERX
Jack Krauser
Fuszion
VitalSigns
chocotricks
RE Psycho
Mcghie
TerraSavior
Bulls-3ye
MSR
Ssplain
TheBatMan
EQOAnostalgia
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:22 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

With the files it all comes down to pure luck. It's kind of irritating in both titles but more so in DSC where you can't really look around, the characters wobble their heads like they were bobble-head figurines and there are far less destructible items..

I know how you feel, that game was terrible for it.
Especially when sometimes the files where that the corner of the screen and trying to aim and collect the file or item over all the excessive head bopping and fighting with the camera tilt.
After spending a lot of hours on the game I soon managed to remember file locations and figured out that you have to be lighting fast with the shooting and collecting.
Kind of like how you would play the old arcade versions of Time Crisis.
My method was just fire like crazy at every single piece of environment and you will get all the files and a good amount of money.
Got the idea off a youtuber that was doing a walkthrough (or a speedrun I think) and he was spraying left to right, it was actually pretty impressive and a very effective method for getting 100% completion.

P.S - I was watching your Clock Tower LP's Mass, like the change in your YT man, sound a little more confident with commentary and I take it you've got a new mic ?
Can tell with the audio quality and balance with the rendering of your voice and gameplay audio.
My girlfriend through your videos where hilarious so I think she subbed, she said you where like DopeFish but a without the swearing and all the giggles lol.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 6:40 am

TerraSavior wrote:
i fear that they might do underhand tatics like they did with RE6, putting their extra content behind a pay wall.

If you mean the extra Mercenaries stages, I get what you mean. How lame is only having three Mercenaries maps?

Mcghie wrote:
My method was just fire like crazy at every single piece of environment and you will get all the files and a good amount of money.
Got the idea off a youtuber that was doing a walkthrough (or a speedrun I think) and he was spraying left to right, it was actually pretty impressive and a very effective method for getting 100% completion.

I try not to do that because it screws up my aim ranking but I guess it's as good a plan as any. Maybe if I ever feel like playing the game again I'll try to hunt more of the files.

Mcghie wrote:
P.S - I was watching your Clock Tower LP's Mass, like the change in your YT man, sound a little more confident with commentary and I take it you've got a new mic ?
Can tell with the audio quality and balance with the rendering of your voice and gameplay audio.
My girlfriend through your videos where hilarious so I think she subbed, she said you where like DopeFish but a without the swearing and all the giggles lol.

Oh sweet, thanks! Also thank your gf for that if she did Razz I appreciate it. Anyway, it was nice getting back to Clock Tower, it had been a while and I really loved the first game. I've actually been streaming the game for the past few days, probably gonna finish it off on stream in an hour or so and then maybe replay it on YT at some point. As for the audio, I am actually using the PS3 Operation Raccoon City headset I have Very Happy It has surprisingly good quality.

I keep hearing I sound like DopeFish yet I still don't know who he is Very Happy I take it as a compliment, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 am

yeah, that is what i'm saying, they might pull the same crap.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 12:18 pm

I honestly doubt they will. They have done stupid crap before, like those locked Mercenaries maps and the whole deal with half of ORC being DLC but I doubt there'd be much they could lock behind a paywall in RE2. People would flip their shit if Tofu or HUNK's scenarios were DLC or if you had to pay for Battle Mode.

A reasonable concern, sure, but I have full faith this ain't gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 12:59 pm

i hope you are right, but trust is a fragile thing...
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 8:48 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

I try not to do that because it screws up my aim ranking but I guess it's as good a plan as any. Maybe if I ever feel like playing the game again I'll try to hunt more of the files.

Oh sweet, thanks! Also thank your gf for that if she did Razz I appreciate it. Anyway, it was nice getting back to Clock Tower, it had been a while and I really loved the first game. I've actually been streaming the game for the past few days, probably gonna finish it off on stream in an hour or so and then maybe replay it on YT at some point. As for the audio, I am actually using the PS3 Operation Raccoon City headset I have Very Happy It has surprisingly good quality.

I keep hearing I sound like DopeFish yet I still don't know who he is Very Happy I take it as a compliment, though.

Yeah it's only good for finding the files and such, then on next playthrough you will know what can be destroyed and what cannot.
Yeah I've not played Clock Tower in years, I'm going to have to go out and buy it, my PC wen't to the grave yard a month ago so can't emulate it.
Hopefully have a fresh one built in the coming weeks though.
Also when I get it I will have to watch your streams sometime.
I'm moving flats in the next month, it's a pretty massive modern built one so I will have peace and quite to get back into streaming and YouTube.
Plus my GF want's to use my setup for her podcasts and stuff.
Yeah man, they sound amazing, have a good frequency response and a nice depth, sound nice and balanced also.
Really ? That's cool, I didn't know a lot of people knew about DopeFish, he's pretty low key but hilarious.
I think he is Swedish living in Finland or Finnish living in Sweden, he's got a pretty chilled voice like yourself but has random outburst of hilarity and excitement lol.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 3:32 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Yeah I've not played Clock Tower in years, I'm going to have to go out and buy it

Just a heads up, the game's pretty rare nowadays so you're looking at a 50 to 60 pound investment.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyTue Oct 27, 2015 8:23 pm

So I had an idea where, using magic HD powers, Capcom could create incredibly detailed environments with pre-rendering and lighting. Imagine a water/crate/lever puzzle room where ambient lighting and water effects would cast some really neat 'shadow ripples' on the ceiling and walls when the water is up, and having it slowly dissipate when the water is lowered. Or even have some still-running siren lights coming from cop cars shining over the camera when Leon or Claire passes by. THE EFFECTS POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 2:54 am

PWNERX wrote:
So I had an idea where, using magic HD powers, Capcom could create incredibly detailed environments with pre-rendering and lighting. Imagine a water/crate/lever puzzle room where ambient lighting and water effects would cast some really neat 'shadow ripples' on the ceiling and walls when the water is up, and having it slowly dissipate when the water is lowered. Or even have some still-running siren lights coming from cop cars shining over the camera when Leon or Claire passes by. THE EFFECTS POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!

I just watched a video where a guy was talking about how now graphics have evolved to such a point that if you want better graphics in your game, you need a good lighting engine, which in turn lets you have a lower polygon count since a good lighting can easily cover that. I think he used MGSV as an example.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2015 1:52 pm

So, in short, pre-rendered backgrounds and hi-tech lighting engines combine to make fancy visuals.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 10:32 am

I have this feeling that the only way to please alllll the fans (not that they should) is to make a frame by frame replica of the original game with remake like graphics. Maybe some updated cg cutscenes, but if they don't change anything, no one could complain
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 2:08 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
if they don't change anything, no one could complain

Oh really? I could bet otherwise.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2015 2:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
if they don't change anything, no one could complain

Oh really? I could bet otherwise.

You probably could, too.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 3:39 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I have this feeling that the only way to please alllll the fans (not that they should) is to make a frame by frame replica of the original game with remake like graphics. Maybe some updated cg cutscenes, but if they don't change anything, no one could complain
The business of remakes can be difficult. There's a certain amount that needs to be kept the same and a certain amount that needs to be changed, the difficulty being finding the right balance. REmake's success is a result of Capcom finding that right balance. We can only hope they aren't a one-trick pony here.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 7:49 am

The best areas for improvement would be the animations, graphics, lighting, and sound. They could improve the game ala REmake by adding more depth to the Police Station and surrounding areas. Puzzles could be improved or changed, more files could be added, and maybe even the addition of the old unused weapons (if you can find them). More secrets are a plus, and unlockable difficulty levels, "gameplay modes", costumes, and mini games would be nice too. This game would definitely benefit if they used my 'high-end technology mixed with an excellent lighting engine and pre-rendered graphics' idea. It'd add to ambience by well over 9000%.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 10:49 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
The business of remakes can be difficult. There's a certain amount that needs to be kept the same and a certain amount that needs to be changed, the difficulty being finding the right balance. REmake's success is a result of Capcom finding that right balance. We can only hope they aren't a one-trick pony here.

Totally different team, so anything can happen I guess
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2015 6:46 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:

Not necessarily. Did you ever see Gus Van Sant's remake of Psycho? Exact replica of the original film and it bombed horribly, totally failing to capture the atmosphere of the original.

Plus the game will need to be expanded regardless as Leon AB and Claire AB are not big enough to comprise a full game by today's standards.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 4:27 am

TheBatMan wrote:
Plus the game will need to be expanded regardless as Leon AB and Claire AB are not big enough to comprise a full game by today's standards.

I think they might combine the stories into just two expanded scenarios. Since it is pretty much already set in stone what happened during those events there's really no need of having multiple non-canon scenarios. I just hope they don't make the game only superficially longer, as in make trial and error puzzles and up the amount of backtracking and fetch quests.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 8:40 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
TheBatMan wrote:

I think they might combine the stories into just two expanded scenarios. Since it is pretty much already set in stone what happened during those events there's really no need of having multiple non-canon scenarios. I just hope they don't make the game only superficially longer, as in make trial and error puzzles and up the amount of backtracking and fetch quests.

Maybe they can pull a Resident Evil 0 and have two characters be playable simultaneously. OR maybe they can have a co-op situation where they could both be played by separate people via Online Service or System Link. Unlike RE5, this Co-op experience would still maintain the horror aspect. And even better (or worse); game over for one means game over for both. It'd be a bad time in the case someone was unfamiliar with RE in general, but that is what the radio would be for. They could actually use that radio to have a clever 'voice chat' system where someone would use the radio, and depending or not the other player both has a mic and picks up, they would be able to help each other out by giving directions or suggestions. The radio system will be nullified if the players are in the same room, or if someone doesn't have a mic. If the other player doesn't have a mic, the radio will act as 'temporarily broken', and will only receive.

Idea? Yes, no, maybe so?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 6:24 pm

PWNERX wrote:
OR maybe they can have a co-op situation where they could both be played by separate people via Online Service or System Link. Unlike RE5, this Co-op experience would still maintain the horror aspect. And even better (or worse); game over for one means game over for both. It'd be a bad time in the case someone was unfamiliar with RE in general, but that is what the radio would be for. They could actually use that radio to have a clever 'voice chat' system where someone would use the radio, and depending or not the other player both has a mic and picks up, they would be able to help each other out by giving directions or suggestions. The radio system will be nullified if the players are in the same room, or if someone doesn't have a mic. If the other player doesn't have a mic, the radio will act as 'temporarily broken', and will only receive.

Idea? Yes, no, maybe so?

I explained to Spike already why this is a very bad idea that would never work. Both scenarios, Leon and Claire's, play seperately. It would break canon if they were always in the same place. Having two players play the different scenarious simultaneously would be completely pointless since it would be literally the same as just playing two sperate games while talking to each other. Why throw away money on a pointless feature?

Btw. That death for one means death for both situation also came up. That would make the game mode even more pointless and endlessly more frustrating, again making people opt for just playing two seperate games and talking on Skype or something instead of doing something useless like that. There would be literally no reason to waste server space on such a "feature".
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 6:31 pm

Hopefully Capcom will come to their senses and just scrap this project. Stage plays are the way forward now.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 8:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
OR maybe they can have a co-op situation where they could both be played by separate people via Online Service or System Link. Unlike RE5, this Co-op experience would still maintain the horror aspect. And even better (or worse); game over for one means game over for both. It'd be a bad time in the case someone was unfamiliar with RE in general, but that is what the radio would be for. They could actually use that radio to have a clever 'voice chat' system where someone would use the radio, and depending or not the other player both has a mic and picks up, they would be able to help each other out by giving directions or suggestions. The radio system will be nullified if the players are in the same room, or if someone doesn't have a mic. If the other player doesn't have a mic, the radio will act as 'temporarily broken', and will only receive.

Idea? Yes, no, maybe so?

I explained to Spike already why this is a very bad idea that would never work. Both scenarios, Leon and Claire's, play seperately. It would break canon if they were always in the same place. Having two players play the different scenarious simultaneously would be completely pointless since it would be literally the same as just playing two sperate games while talking to each other. Why throw away money on a pointless feature?

Btw. That death for one means death for both situation also came up. That would make the game mode even more pointless and endlessly more frustrating, again making people opt for just playing two seperate games and talking on Skype or something instead of doing something useless like that. There would be literally no reason to waste server space on such a "feature".

Well, it was worth a shot. I was hoping for the 'live chat' to be after the radio is acquired. Also, since this is the REmake 2, canonicity could change in places. Heck, it did in REmake on Gamecube.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 5:23 am

PWNERX wrote:
Also, since this is the REmake 2, canonicity could change in places. Heck, it did in REmake on Gamecube.

Canonicity is still the least of the problems with the idea.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am

Mass Distraction wrote:

On the contrary, canonicity is at the forefront because if this remake is not done correctly and with the upmost care, even to the smaller more insignificant story details, it risks fracturing RE3, the Umbrella Chronicles segments Death's Door and 4th Survivor, and both Outbreak games.

Basically if they cock it up it could render all those titles completely non-canon.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 10:44 am

TheBatMan wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

On the contrary, canonicity is at the forefront because if this remake is not done correctly and with the upmost care, even to the smaller more insignificant story details, it risks fracturing RE3, the Umbrella Chronicles segments Death's Door and 4th Survivor, and both Outbreak games.

Basically if they cock it up it could render all those titles completely non-canon.

Even though Canonicity with RE3 and the Outbreak games was already fractured? They could fix that by BENDING canonicity in the favor of these games. Any small details that acknowledge the existence of these timelines will suffice. The broken window, barricade remains, Brad's corpse (and maybe Zombie if you get that far), signs of thawing/water residue/ice (in the labs), additional corpses (Outbreak bosses that would be in the RE2 area of activity when they were killed), etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next