HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies

Go down 
+4
Mass Distraction
Bulls-3ye
Ghost Leader
TerraSavior
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 10:42 am

Finally, the live action RE movies by Paul Anderson are over. So, now that's done, what did you think of of the RE movies as a whole? Did you love them, hate them, or just neutral to it all?

With the exception of the first movie with was more or less decent, the movies went from bad to worse starting with Apocalypse and ending with the Final Chapter. Even if you judge the movies on their own merit, they are still plagued with a lot of problems, too many to count. Overall, in my opinion, the movies are pretty bad, especially the last movie for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyMon Jul 03, 2017 10:25 pm

I like the first three. After that, I just began losing interest.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyMon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 am

It should've been a trilogy honestly, but they got to have money.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 10:19 am

Hello?! *echo fades off into the distance*

TerraSavior wrote:
It should've been a trilogy honestly
Would you be saying that if the topic was the game series instead?

Quote :
but they got to have money.
You think Capcom's motivation in making and publishing games is any different? In the end, film and video game industries are both businesses with the same aim---making money. Not directing this at you, but I find it kind of funny how Hollywood gets heat over this and Capcom doesn't even though both do what they do for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 7:32 pm

I loved the first three, thought the fourth was o.k. (they gave my hometown a shout out) the last two were a mess, but still dumb fun.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 11:42 am

For a quick rundown, I absolutely love the first movie, Apocalypse was okay but did a lot of dumb things I did not like (mostly game related), Extinction is when I started losing all interest with the introduction of paranormal powers and Alice's overwhelming Mary Sue antics, Afterlife was just an extremely bad movie (in my top5 worst movies I've ever seen), Retribution was passable but also very forgettable and Final Chapter I have not yet seen despite having it on bluray. You know, for collectible purposes.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Quote :
but they got to have money.
You think Capcom's motivation in making and publishing games is any different? In the end, film and video game industries are both businesses with the same aim---making money. Not directing this at you, but I find it kind of funny how Hollywood gets heat over this and Capcom doesn't even though both do what they do for the same reason.

To be fair, Capcom has gotten the same crap for releasing a lot of DLC for their games and making games for "a quick buck" like remasters and subpar titles like Umbrella Corps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyTue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 am

Anderson did an admirable job of somehow making each successive film worse than the last. Retribution is literally unwatchable for me. I just can't sit through it.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyWed Sep 13, 2017 1:06 am

It was okay at first. I really do hope that it stopped there. Please no more Resident Evil live action films. It is really dissapointing that the fans believed the movies instead. The fact that it ruined the reputation of the game series. Let's be blunt about this. The live action films are indeed beauty and awesome. But it's not Anderson's. It's George Romero who made the script and all. But still it's done and everyone is having a relieved.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyThu Sep 21, 2017 5:05 pm

My opinion on the Anderson films still stands. I do NOT find them very enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 3:16 am

I don't like them that much, but I don't dislike them either. I think fans get upset because this film series is nothing like the games, so they get their hopes too high. As basic zombie films, they ain't bad.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 3:06 pm

White Rock wrote:
I don't like them that much, but I don't dislike them either. I think fans get upset because this film series is nothing like the games, so they get their hopes too high. As basic zombie films, they ain't bad.

I have a genuine hatred of Retribution, The Final Chapter, and Apocalypse.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 10:56 am

The last film doesn't strike me as being all that interesting, and while I haven't seen The Final Chapter yet, I'm not fussy. It sadly doesn't sound like they did a good job of it. However, there's been talk of rebooting (surprise, surprise) the series, without Paul Anderson, so maybe it's a stand alone saga.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 4:49 pm

White Rock wrote:
The last film doesn't strike me as being all that interesting, and while I haven't seen The Final Chapter yet, I'm not fussy. It sadly doesn't sound like they did a good job of it. However, there's been talk of rebooting (surprise, surprise) the series, without Paul Anderson, so maybe it's a stand alone saga.

The Final Chapter was worse than Retribution.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies   Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies Empty

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on the RE Anderson Movies
Page 1 of 1