HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts

Go down 
+16
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
TyrantSteve
PWNERX
Jack Krauser
Fuszion
VitalSigns
chocotricks
RE Psycho
Mcghie
TerraSavior
Bulls-3ye
MSR
Ssplain
TheBatMan
EQOAnostalgia
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 2:43 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
For RE2 remake though, I would like to see it getting the same treatment as the first one. Keep it the same but with better graphics and more content. Pretty sure that's what everyone wants.
REmake wasn't exactly kept the same, numerous puzzles, item locations, and whatnot were changed to make it a bit of a "new" experience.

See the part about "more content". I just didn't feel like listing everything.

Ghost Leader wrote:
Fuszion wrote:
I hope the REmake has a toggle option from the original fixed camera to 3rd person like in RE6!
No. A billion times no. No shooter camera and no multiplayer in any form. If you want that BS, go play one of the ones that already has it.

But does it matter if it's optional, or better yet, unlockable? Code: Veronica had a first person mode, the first Revelations had a first person shooter mode on 3DS, Dead Aim had a similar first person aiming system, in Lost in Nightmares you could change the third person view to fixed camera and there's a fixed camera mod for RE4 on PC. It's not like it would change the experience itself in any way, it's an option.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 3:32 pm

When they added stuff for Remake though it was all deleted concepts from the original version. No such material exists for RE2 other than the 1.5 stuff, which had a completely different story. What they add to Remake 2 will be completely new, and given the stories of Outbreak 1, Outbreak 2, 4th Survivor, Death's Door, and RE3 are all connected to it, what they add has the potential to end in disaster.

Your disagreements over choice of camera is yet another example of why this game cannot work.

Cancellation is the best thing that could ever happen to this project.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 7:43 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
When they added stuff for Remake though it was all deleted concepts from the original version. No such material exists for RE2 other than the 1.5 stuff, which had a completely different story. What they add to Remake 2 will be completely new, and given the stories of Outbreak 1, Outbreak 2, 4th Survivor, Death's Door, and RE3 are all connected to it, what they add has the potential to end in disaster.

Your disagreements over choice of camera is yet another example of why this game cannot work.

You are a very sad person..........on new RE games related topics at least
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2016 8:02 pm

This forum is full of hatred right now...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 8:07 am

TheBatMan wrote:

The series is a mess, big deal. I still want it. We can disagree all we want but at least we aren't painting devils on the walls.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2016 11:55 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:

You are a very sad person..........on new RE games related topics at least

And you are extremely misguided.

Capcom will be looking for sales targets upwards of at least 5 million. A game with tank controls, pre-rendered camera angles and such an archaic save system with ink ribbons would not get anywhere near those numbers.
Back to top Go down
Jack Krauser
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Jack Krauser

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 8:05 pm

i hope resident evil 3 also have remake ! i like want to see nemesis again !
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 1:32 pm

REmake 2 producer discusses the game, his time working on the first REmake and how feedback on RE6 will shape the series in the future: http://tinyurl.com/j6ymk4l
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 1:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
REmake 2 producer discusses the game, his time working on the first REmake and how feedback on RE6 will shape the series in the future: http://tinyurl.com/j6ymk4l

Sounds like he's trying to please everybody with the intention of bringing the fans together, I don't want to remember what happened last time they made RE game with that intention.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 1:41 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Sounds like he's trying to please everybody with the intention of bringing the fans together, I don't want to remember what happened last time they made RE game with that intention.

What happened, exactly?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 2:05 pm

PWNERX wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

What happened, exactly?

RE6
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 2:08 pm

You know, Code: Veronica was originally supposed to have an FPS mode in it and you can still see that used in the battle minigame. They could just have two different modes and please most people, just replace FPS with OTS. And make it a different mode, so people don't flip out. The backgrounds are most likely going to be 3D anyway, just like in CV.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
You know, Code: Veronica was originally supposed to have an FPS mode in it and you can still see that used in the battle minigame. They could just have two different modes and please most people, just replace FPS with OTS. And make it a different mode, so people don't flip out. The backgrounds are most likely going to be 3D anyway, just like in CV.
Why do FPS players need to be accommodated in the first place? If they don't like RE2make not being an action shooter, they can fuck off and die, for all I care. Sorry to sound harsh, but there's a reason for different genres. I don't see Final Fantasy having a hack and slash mode for God of War fans. I don't see Need For Speed having a flight mode for Ace Combat fans.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 1:32 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Why do FPS players need to be accommodated in the first place? If they don't like RE2make not being an action shooter, they can fuck off and die, for all I care. Sorry to sound harsh, but there's a reason for different genres. I don't see Final Fantasy having a hack and slash mode for God of War fans. I don't see Need For Speed having a flight mode for Ace Combat fans.

Did I not say "replace FPS with OTS"? There was more to my post than the first sentence. It wouldn't even be the first time RE was in first person but that's not what I even meant. And of course an OTS mode would broaden the audience, thus making this game more appealing, thus making it more profitable. Why would it even matter if it was a different mode? You know, just so people wouldn't flip out like that. Not an option, a mode.

Also your comparison kind of dies with Final Fantasy. The battle system in some of those does remind me of hack and slash games AND there are spinoffs that are arena fighters.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 5:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Did I not say "replace FPS with OTS"? There was more to my post than the first sentence. It wouldn't even be the first time RE was in first person but that's not what I even meant. And of course an OTS mode would broaden the audience, thus making this game more appealing, thus making it more profitable. Why would it even matter if it was a different mode? You know, just so people wouldn't flip out like that. Not an option, a mode.

Also your comparison kind of dies with Final Fantasy. The battle system in some of those does remind me of hack and slash games AND there are spinoffs that are arena fighters.
In most cases, the people that complain about the old REs are the same ones that play CoD for 100 hours a day, so OTS and FPS in this case might as well be the same thing. The point of those comparisons was that the developers of those games don't try to make them something they aren't just to draw in players from different genres.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 6:44 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

In most cases, the people that complain about the old REs are the same ones that play CoD for 100 hours a day, so OTS and FPS in this case might as well be the same thing. The point of those comparisons was that the developers of those games don't try to make them something they aren't just to draw in players from different genres.

100 hours a day, 238 days a week, 82137687216387 weeks a month, 198238721638968217368712 months a year.

And stats like this are the reason why CoD is the alleged 'Best Game Ever...period'.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 3:20 am

I honestly doubt people who religiously play CoD or any other game like that are even remotely interested in RE, thus not very likely to complain about anything related to it. Some people just happen to prefer the other, it doesn't mean they have to even play CoD. That's a stereotype and there isn't even any evidence it'd be true.

Is CoD even a big deal anymore? People stopped talking about them a year or so ago. I'm starting to think that fandom is quite secluded to its own bubble nowadays.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2016 12:40 pm

This is not about COD. honestly what is it about gamers today that they want a company to make a game in such a way just to sell more. If you like the game buy it and play it, that's it. I don't care if no one else buys it, they should just do their best to make a great game.

MAKE CAPCOM GREAT AGAIN!
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 11:59 am

I'm open to a more modern third-person (Revelations 2) style, as long as the game retains a strong survival horror focus!

Revelations was good and all, but it was Revelations 2 that finally gave me new hope for the series. It was redemption.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 2:01 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I honestly doubt people who religiously play CoD or any other game like that are even remotely interested in RE, thus not very likely to complain about anything related to it.
You think that fallacy has even crossed any minds over at Capcom? Or any other developer that's tried emulating CoD for sales numbers over the years?

Quote :
Some people just happen to prefer the other, it doesn't mean they have to even play CoD. That's a stereotype and there isn't even any evidence it'd be true.
You're completely missing my point. What I'm saying is, the relation between CoD's success and almost every genre's deterioration into arcade shooter since then is quite blatantly obvious. RE, Ghost Recon, SOCOM, Metal Gear Solid, even fucking Splinter Cell, have all started down the road of emulating its gameplay. I'm not sure if you legitimately can't see it for some reason or if you're denying it simply out of some kind of fan loyalty BS.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 9:46 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

You're completely missing my point. What I'm saying is, the relation between CoD's success and almost every genre's deterioration into arcade shooter since then is quite blatantly obvious. RE, Ghost Recon, SOCOM, Metal Gear Solid, even fucking Splinter Cell, have all started down the road of emulating its gameplay. I'm not sure if you legitimately can't see it for some reason or if you're denying it simply out of some kind of fan loyalty BS.

Add Fallout 4 in there, that one is barely an rpg, 90% shooter.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2016 10:08 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
I honestly doubt people who religiously play CoD or any other game like that are even remotely interested in RE, thus not very likely to complain about anything related to it.
You think that fallacy has even crossed any minds over at Capcom? Or any other developer that's tried emulating CoD for sales numbers over the years?

Of course, I'm sure many people wanted a piece of that piece and prolly still want. I still don't accept "being a shooter" to mean "clone". CoD may have started it but at this point it's just natural evolution.

Also piss off with the "fan loyalty". Can't I have opinions on something without being a fanboy? If you want to keep wailing over games getting more actiony, make a thread for it. I prefer to just play games without actually thinking what the developers might have thought while making them.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Abdu

Playstation Network Abdu--

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 6:48 am

I always advice people to not get hyped for this. Capcom isn't the same, they have changed drastically, and their talents have left.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 10:59 am

Yep, anyone believing this will be anything like the remake was to re1 is kidding themselves.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 11:22 am

It's been an eternity since they gave us an update. It's either been secretly cancelled, or they're just deciding not to say too much in case we get the wrong impression.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next