HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts

Go down 
+16
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
TyrantSteve
PWNERX
Jack Krauser
Fuszion
VitalSigns
chocotricks
RE Psycho
Mcghie
TerraSavior
Bulls-3ye
MSR
Ssplain
TheBatMan
EQOAnostalgia
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 8:00 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
TheBatMan wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
My words still stand. RE3 is my favorite RE game and I'd rather it not be demoted to becoming a mere "scenario" in RE2, regardless of how short it may be.

Of course, not that I've ever had any issue with either game's length.

RE3 sucks. *grabs popcorn.

Nah, jk. What worries me is that if they are just now pitching this idea, the game will take like 2 or 3 years to come out, and I'm not getting any younger you know.

I wouldn't be so sure. It wouldn't surprise me if it's already been in development for months. Next year is the 20th anniversary and that would mark a good time for Remake 2 to arrive. It all depends on how much effort they are willing to put into it.

More like they'd announce it then. It would seem a tad weird to start asking us about things now if it was already deep in development.

Or maybe it isn't THAT deep into development. Perhaps Capcom, while developing REmake2,  left little ends open for fan suggestions. Who knows.

Also, let's hope they do the crosses between all Raccoon games better, now that we actually know of most all that's supposed to happen canonically. So Brad for instance.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 6:10 am

At this point it's again good to remind ourselves that this is still not 100% proof that they will even make the game. This is just testing the grounds.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 12:10 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
At this point it's again good to remind ourselves that this is still not 100% proof that they will even make the game. This is just testing the grounds.

Now that we all have remembered that this game still isn't a sure thing, let's continue to speculate pointlessly about what we want from an RE2 remake.

Honestly, ditching the AB scenario would make things way easier for the player, maybe not Capcom, but having the real/true story of what happened with Leon and Claire during their visit to Raccoon would be nice. DSC's Memories Of A Lost City was nice, and if there isn't an RE2 REmake, DSC would be adequate to Teh Spike. Whatever Capcom does decide to do, it should be an interesting experience. Can anyone deny that? Didn't think so.
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 2:56 am

MSR wrote:
DSC's Memories Of A Lost City was nice

I can deny that quite easily. It was atrocious.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 11:45 pm

TheBatMan wrote:
MSR wrote:
DSC's Memories Of A Lost City was nice

I can deny that quite easily. It was atrocious.

Well, it's a little hard to do canonicity right when you are making a game based around co-op lightgun action and events that were already established in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 3:36 am

I'm not just referring to canonicity. Aside from the first 3 stages the whole experience just felt like one big boss battle. It was boring.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 9:22 am

Producer H Update

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 12:22 pm

Well, there we go: RE2make is indeed happening. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 12:28 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Well, there we go: RE2make is indeed happening. Very Happy
wiiiduuuiitttoooo (We do it in the strange language of native feudal japanese)
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 12:58 pm

CONFIRMED! I had a lot of naysayers on my channel trolling the comment section lol. I'm glad they came out and made it official! I knew this was going to happen, but a small part of me thought maybe Capcom would mess it up... they still could but HOT DAMN! I'm hyped!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 1:48 pm

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
CONFIRMED! I had a lot of naysayers on my channel trolling the comment section lol. I'm glad they came out and made it official! I knew this was going to happen, but a small part of me thought maybe Capcom would mess it up... they still could but HOT DAMN! I'm hyped!!!!!

Teh Spike told you this was happening, Mass Distraction. *crosses arms*

@TheBatMan, Teh Spike found Memories Of A Lost City to be really cool. All of DSC, really. The RE2 section was fun because of how you get to see all of RPD all remade and pretty. Cuz let's face it, the RPD we see in Outbreak File#2 wasn't complete, and the one from UC was just as bad, with their annoying rail-paths. Instead of taking the ladder in the main hall you take the scenic route through most of the building!! But I digress.

Just seeing all the locations and enemies remade was awesome. The music was perfect, didn't care for certain new things such as Ada's "James Bond" gadgets but it's just one of those things. Actually Teh_Spike recalls seeing the same makeup-gadget at the end of Leon's story in RE6.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2015 3:51 pm

MSR wrote:

I didn't say it wasn't happening, I said it wasn't official. It could have gone either way.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:10 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:

I didn't say it wasn't happening, I said it wasn't official. It could have gone either way.

A lot of things could've happened. The Cowboys could've won the superbowl, Richard Simmons could've invented the Gazelle instead of Tony Little, Crash Bandicoot could've been in that PS All-Stars game, but at the end of the day we all know what happened; REmake2 is OFICIAL!!! Just like Teh Spike assured everyone. Hmph
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 7:17 am

MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:

A lot of things could've happened. The Cowboys could've won the superbowl, Richard Simmons could've invented the Gazelle instead of Tony Little, Crash Bandicoot could've been in that PS All-Stars game, but at the end of the day we all know what happened; REmake2 is OFICIAL!!! Just like Teh Spike assured everyone. Hmph

Spike, that would be OFFICIAL. Not OFICIAL. There is a difference.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Just because a rumor turns out to be true, believing in it doesn't mean anyone actually knew what was going to become of it.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Just because a rumor turns out to be true, believing in it doesn't mean anyone actually knew what was going to become of it.

I don't care, you heresy must be punished..........
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 3:21 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I don't care, you heresy must be punished..........
He's a witch!
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2015 5:55 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

Teh Spike knew. You never believed in Teh Spike or REmake2! Heresy!!! GODDD ISSS DEADDD AND NO ONE CARESSS!!!
Back to top Go down
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 4:35 am

MSR wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

@TheBatMan, Teh Spike found Memories Of A Lost City to be really cool. All of DSC, really. The RE2 section was fun because of how you get to see all of RPD all remade and pretty. Cuz let's face it, the RPD we see in Outbreak File#2 wasn't complete, and the one from UC was just as bad, with their annoying rail-paths. Instead of taking the ladder in the main hall you take the scenic route through most of the building!! But I digress.

Just seeing all the locations and enemies remade was awesome. The music was perfect, didn't care for certain new things such as Ada's "James Bond" gadgets but it's just one of those things. Actually Teh_Spike recalls seeing the same makeup-gadget at the end of Leon's story in RE6.

I never played DSC... i wish i had, can i get it on Wii U or just Wii? The RPD alone would make it worth the purchase!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2015 7:28 am

EQOAnostalgia wrote:
I never played DSC... i wish i had, can i get it on Wii U or just Wii? The RPD alone would make it worth the purchase!

It's available for Wii and PS3 but Wii games also work on Wii U so that shouldn't be a problem. I personally prefer Umbrella Chronicles, though.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

It's available for Wii and PS3 but Wii games also work on Wii U so that shouldn't be a problem. I personally prefer Umbrella Chronicles, though.

Yeah Anolsalgia, Darkside is available on Wii and Ps3, like Mass mentioned, and while no one else here seems to appreciate DSC, Teh Spike thinks that game was BADASS. It goes over 2 awesome RE games, RE2 and CVX, as well as a new scenario with Leon and Krauser showing some PRE-RE4 relationship was cool as fuck. The music, VAing, scenes, n everything was just awesome. Such a good sequel, but some don't seem to really dig it for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 3:07 am

MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

Yeah Anolsalgia, Darkside is available on Wii and Ps3, like Mass mentioned, and while no one else here seems to appreciate DSC, Teh Spike thinks that game was BADASS. It goes over 2 awesome RE games, RE2 and CVX, as well as a new scenario with Leon and Krauser showing some PRE-RE4 relationship was cool as fuck. The music, VAing, scenes, n everything was just awesome. Such a good sequel, but some don't seem to really dig it for some reason.

I liked every bit of DSC apart from the gameplay itself. It was horrid. The camera was all over the place, you couldn't control it in the slightest like you could in UC, nothing ever told me how to use the inventory (figured it out around the second chapter), most of the decor was indestructible (unlike in UC) which made finding the destructible ones a pain since shooting wrong things dropped your aim rating but without shooting everything you couldn't get all the files, get a high enough destruction rating or find enough money to buy the ridiculously expensive weapon upgrades that are essential if you ever want to get the good ending and unlock some of the hidden stuff. The fact that this game basically forces you to beat it multiple times to even get a better ending was enough of a turnoff for me. The boss fights were also boring as hell compared to UC, especially the final boss that took soooooooo loooooong to kill on the first playthrough because of the aforementioned upgrades. Wasn't even hard, at all, just tedious. At least the story was good so playing through it wasn't a complete waste. Still, the best part of the entire game to me was the Tofu-mode.

Also, though I'm pretty sure this was also the case in UC but only amplified in this one, there were those parts that make you go "Oh, look at all those dead people on the ground. Boy, I sure hope they don't come to life when I turn my back. Oh no they were zombies, how would I ever have known, how spooky" x100. You'd think these people would have been through enough to realize the importance of making sure everything's dead. Too bad if you try that though, emptying a clip to their heads while they are down does nothing.

So yes, that's my reasoning on why UC was far more enjoyable to me.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 1:12 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
MSR wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
EQOAnostalgia wrote:

I liked every bit of DSC apart from the gameplay itself. It was horrid. The camera was all over the place, you couldn't control it in the slightest like you could in UC, nothing ever told me how to use the inventory (figured it out around the second chapter), most of the decor was indestructible (unlike in UC) which made finding the destructible ones a pain since shooting wrong things dropped your aim rating but without shooting everything you couldn't get all the files, get a high enough destruction rating or find enough money to buy the ridiculously expensive weapon upgrades that are essential if you ever want to get the good ending and unlock some of the hidden stuff. The fact that this game basically forces you to beat it multiple times to even get a better ending was enough of a turnoff for me. The boss fights were also boring as hell compared to UC, especially the final boss that took soooooooo loooooong to kill on the first playthrough because of the aforementioned upgrades. Wasn't even hard, at all, just tedious. At least the story was good so playing through it wasn't a complete waste. Still, the best part of the entire game to me was the Tofu-mode.

Also, though I'm pretty sure this was also the case in UC but only amplified in this one, there were those parts that make you go "Oh, look at all those dead people on the ground. Boy, I sure hope they don't come to life when I turn my back. Oh no they were zombies, how would I ever have known, how spooky" x100. You'd think these people would have been through enough to realize the importance of making sure everything's dead. Too bad if you try that though, emptying a clip to their heads while they are down does nothing.

So yes, that's my reasoning on why UC was far more enjoyable to me.

Teh_Spike can agree about DSC's bossfights. Teh_Spike had someone fall asleep during the giant worm fight in DSC's Game Of Oblivion scenario, and there were others that were notoriously and notably tedious. Definitely Javier Hidalgo, the games final boss, but also Teh Spike watched two knuckleheads try and hit a flying mutated Alexia with that Linear Launcher for an unnecessarily long amount of time. Shoot. Miss. Long ass charge time. Shoot and miss again. Rinse and repeat.

Not sure what you mean about getting Files. Teh Spike didn't have any trouble getting the Files and coming out with a reasonable rank and having enough to upgrade weapons well enough to get through the game.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 2:12 pm

MSR wrote:
Not sure what you mean about getting Files. Teh Spike didn't have any trouble getting the Files and coming out with a reasonable rank and having enough to upgrade weapons well enough to get through the game.

With the files it all comes down to pure luck. It's kind of irritating in both titles but more so in DSC where you can't really look around, the characters wobble their heads like they were bobble-head figurines and there are far less destructible items. And yes, you can get through the game just fine with the upgrades you can buy with the little money the game lets you have but to get the best ending, which requires you to kill Javier fast, which in turn requires good weapons with good upgrades, you'd need to grind money by repeating missions. Completely unnecessary in this kind of game and I honestly couldn't give a toss.

Man, I had already forgotten about Alexia... I may have erased that stupid battle out of my mind altogether.
Back to top Go down
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 6:07 pm

i see this as a good thing and a bad thing...and its just my opinion.

on the good side, its nice that they are reviving an old classic and probably adding in new features...but on the other hand, i fear that they might do underhand tatics like they did with RE6, putting their extra content behind a pay wall. Its a love-hate relationship with Capcom so....yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts   RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE2 Remake Discussion/Thoughts
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next