Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Some Gameplay Ideas!

Go down 
+6
Vandal
MSR
Mass Distraction
Nobudy
PWNERX
DampRevil
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

Some Gameplay Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:16 pm

I'm not sure if there's ever been a thread about this topic, so if there has, I apologize in advance.

In my opinion, I think it's important for any video game series to implement new gameplay features from time to time to keep things fresh. Every Resident Evil game since Resident Evil 4 has followed the same formula, with little to no diversity to the gameplay. The changes that Capcom has made doesn't seem to grab the player's attention in a positive way.

I've come up with a list of gameplay features I would love to see implemented in future Resident Evil games. The list is kinda long, so I put it in a spoiler box. Enjoy!

Gameplay Ideas:

What's some gameplay features you would like to see implemented in a future Resident Evil game?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 7:44 pm

Hrm...the infection idea may only work with a new character, so, 2 chars: one classic (either Barry or Claire) and a new guy/gal/whomever. Also: End Game unlockables and multiple endings for replayability, as well as extra scenarios and Mercenaries.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:09 pm

Why would it only work for new characters? It wouldn't be a story element, it would be similar to The Last Of Us if you've ever played it.

Ditto for the bonus modes. If I had the choice, I'd bring back every game mode into a future title.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:27 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Why would it only work for new characters? It wouldn't be a story element, it would be similar to The Last Of Us if you've ever played it.

Ditto for the bonus modes. If I had the choice, I'd bring back every game mode into a future title.
While I haven't played The Last of Us...yet...I still think that Capcom should stick to the T-Virus. Also, this'll make it slightly more classic, since one character was easier than the other (in this case, Jill's game was easier than Chris's.)
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:34 pm

Okay now I got you. My thought process in having the character die instantly was that 1.) They'd be infected and there probably wouldn't be a cure around. So they'd die from infection anyway. 2.) It'd be a gruesome death. The characters throat would be ravaged for lack of a better word. They'd probably bleed out from the bite.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 8:51 pm

PWNERX wrote:
DampRevil wrote:

While I haven't played The Last of Us...yet...I still think that Capcom should stick to the T-Virus. Also, this'll make it slightly more classic, since one character was easier than the other (in this case, Jill's game was easier than Chris's.)
The problem about using the T-Virus is that after Resident Evil Degeneration,
Spoiler:

I don't think that simply being grabbed by the enemy should kill you. Enemies have grabbed characters in cutscenes plenty of times. Some realism would be nice, but dying in 1-2 hits from the most basic enemy would feel strange.

The ragdoll effect would definitely be nice. Some of Resident Evil 6's animations we reused from 4 and 5. Not that it was a big problem, but ragdoll effects would be a good addition.

For dodging, I'd prefer to stick with a combo of Revelation's and 6's dodging. I always hated having limited intervals of time just to do a simple dodge.

Causing distractions is definitely a must.

HUD display might be optional.

Infection would be a nice addition to games, but one simple bite shouldn't bring the infection in. A sizable amount of small bites or one large and long bite would be a better way to handle infection. There should be some anti-virus items, but in hard to get locations.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:19 pm

Thanks for the compliments about my ideas, and adding your own feedback!

Nobudy wrote:

I don't think that simply being grabbed by the enemy should kill you. Enemies have grabbed characters in cutscenes plenty of times. Some realism would be nice, but dying in 1-2 hits from the most basic enemy would feel strange.
It wouldn't just be being grabbed, it'd be being grabbed and bitten. You wouldn't be able to shake them off once you were grabbed, so they'd bite you. My thought process behind instantly dying was to instill fear and constant tension into the player. Knowing that you could die any second would constantly keep you on you're toes. In a real life situation, you probably wouldn't have the strength to push a zombie off you. They'd probably overpower you and kill you. That was the point of my idea.

Nobudy wrote:

Infection would be a nice addition to games, but one simple bite shouldn't bring the infection in. A sizable amount of small bites or one large and long bite would be a better way to handle infection. There should be some anti-virus items, but in hard to get locations.
I don't think it quite works like that. I think no matter how big or small a bite wound is, you'd become infected. Infections usually spread through saliva or blood, so if you got bit, you'd become infected because the zombies saliva would get inside of you.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 9:42 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Thanks for the compliments about my ideas, and adding your own feedback!

Nobudy wrote:

It wouldn't just be being grabbed, it'd be being grabbed and bitten. You wouldn't be able to shake them off once you were grabbed, so they'd bite you. My thought process behind instantly dying was to instill fear and constant tension into the player. Knowing that you could die any second would constantly keep you on you're toes. In a real life situation, you probably wouldn't have the strength to push a zombie off you. They'd probably overpower you and kill you. That was the point of my idea.

Nobudy wrote:

I don't think it quite works like that. I think no matter how big or small a bite wound is, you'd become infected. Infections usually spread through saliva or blood, so if you got bit, you'd become infected because the zombies saliva would get inside of you.
I don't think not being able to shake off a grab at all is a good thing. Being able to shake off enemy attacks should be like REmake's use of defense items.

I think people might complain about damage being too realistic. I wouldn't mind so long as it's kept on higher difficulties.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 10:03 pm

I understand what you're saying. I actually thought about defense items and how well they'd work in future titles.

You're probably right about how fans would complain about the damage, but it worked very well in The Last Of Us and I've never seen a complaint about it. But like you mentioned, it could be reserved for higher difficulties. Perhaps it could be in a "realism mode" that's unlocked upon completion of the campaign. For players who want to be daring!  Wink 
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptyFri Jan 24, 2014 10:34 pm

DampRevil wrote:
I understand what you're saying. I actually thought about defense items and how well they'd work in future titles.

You're probably right about how fans would complain about the damage, but it worked very well in The Last Of Us and I've never seen a complaint about it. But like you mentioned, it could be reserved for higher difficulties. Perhaps it could be in a "realism mode" that's unlocked upon completion of the campaign. For players who want to be daring!  Wink 
I haven't played the Last of Us. Though I hear it's pretty good. Maybe after a few checks I'll look into it.

The closest we've gotten to in damage in the modern games was professional mode for 5 and No Hope for 6. Adding one in the next series will definitely add some replay value.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 12:56 am

Yeah, you should get The Last Of Us it's amazing! But yeah, adding higher difficulties would definitely add some replay value!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 2:02 am

DampRevil wrote:
I'm not sure if there's ever been a thread about this topic
Everyone with their own ideas for a game/movie have usually just made a new thread for them so it's k.

DampRevil wrote:
- Players would still be able dodge. The dodge feature would be very similar to the one in
Resident Evil: Revelations. However, if players fail to dodge and are grabbed by an enemy, it's an instant death. Any attack that would cause the character to become infected, would automatically result in an instant death. Players would have to either kill any enemies, or take a chance and dodge.
What's wrong with the system RE6 had? A dodge you can use anywhere but with a stamina bar? I mean, the dodging in RER was almost as reliable as it was in RE3 which isn't the best option. Failing to doge leading to an insta-death would be unfair and get frustrating fast. If the dodge system really had to be like in RER/RE3 then the characters should have to deal with a grapple break instead of an insta-death. That would give people who can't use the dodge system properly a fighting chance, even if they would lose some health in the process.

DampRevil wrote:
- Light cover. Players would be able to take cover, but not for combat purposes. Players could take cover or use stealth in any given area to navigate around enemies and avoid confrontation.
If you could take cover, wouldn't it only make sense to still be able to shoot from there? I mean, of course, if this was a stealth thing that would attract enemies to you and make the cover meaningless but for example trying to snipe or shoot something with a silencer would only benefit from doing it from a cover.

DampRevil wrote:
You're probably right about how fans would complain about the damage, but it worked very well in The Last Of Us and I've never seen a complaint about it. But like you mentioned, it could be reserved for higher difficulties. Perhaps it could be in a "realism mode" that's unlocked upon completion of the campaign. For players who want to be daring! Wink
I'd like to point out that even in TLoU you were able to shake off/kill an enemy grabbing you. As was mentioned before, I wouldn't mind this being implemented in something like a realism mode for challenge but it shouldn't be a thing for the regular game modes. It would only make people not finish the game out of frustration.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 3:29 am

The dodging in RE6 is far superior to the dodging in RE3 and RER. Of course I usually use the dodge/counter system by accident, in any of them, but I found it most satisfying in RE6.

As for wall cover, I was never fond of it. The wall cover system in RE5 is whack. The one in RE6 actually works quite nicely, and could very well be used for "stealth" and maneuvering purposes. I often used it in RE6 just to make my stamina replenish faster. It goes up quicker if you are in wall cover I noticed.

Btw you can take wall cover in MGS Peace Walker, but are not capable of actuallt shooting OR even moving from the position you enter the cover. You can only knock to attract with noise. Anyway, the point of mentioning that is that the wall cover used in Peace Walker wasn't so bad.

Ragdoll effects were mentioned. Those are a must. Seriously, ragdoll deaths or gtfo.

What about walking/running? I always liked the way it workes in RE, but clearly Capcom has been trying to take the movement somewhere different. In Rev, you didnt even have to hold a button to run anymore, and in RE6 you also don't require any buttons other than the analogue stick to run. But then RE6 also had the new sprinting option. Which I kinda like.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 7:20 am

Teh Spike wrote:
In Rev, you didnt even have to hold a button to run anymore
Wasn't there an option to turn off the auto-run, though? At least I think there was.

Not that it really matters anyway, just asking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:30 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
In Rev, you didnt even have to hold a button to run anymore
Wasn't there an option to turn off the auto-run, though? At least I think there was.

Not that it really matters anyway, just asking.

Pretty sure you are thinking of Mercs3D. You do get the option to change that, and many other little control schematics like that in Mercs3D. I appreciate the options, but I will just make it like classic RE controls as much as possible. Unless its like ORC, in which case it will be so lame and unenjoyable that I won't even finish playing. True story.

And I know this has been mentioned before but I just wanted to also point out that you have the option of switching between 1st or 3rd person view in RER for 3DS, but that option is absent from the console port.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 1:37 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:

What's wrong with the system RE6 had? A dodge you can use anywhere but with a stamina bar? I mean, the dodging in RER was almost as reliable as it was in RE3 which isn't the best option. Failing to doge leading to an insta-death would be unfair and get frustrating fast. If the dodge system really had to be like in RER/RE3 then the characters should have to deal with a grapple break instead of an insta-death. That would give people who can't use the dodge system properly a fighting chance, even if they would lose some health in the process.
I loved the dodge system RE6 had, but in a survival horror game, I'm not quite sure if it would work. The dodging in RE6 is too action oriented. I think it would take away a lot of that "trapped" feel if I could slide, roll, and jump any direction to get away from an enemy. If it were brought back in a survival horror title, it would need to be toned down to feel slower. I do agree that an instant death is kinda harsh, but I still believe enemies shouldn't be shaken off. Especially if the dodge system from RE6 was implemented, there should be no reason a player would even be grabbed. Maybe the zombie would take like 2 bites from the player and then let go.

Mass Distraction wrote:

If you could take cover, wouldn't it only make sense to still be able to shoot from there? I mean, of course, if this was a stealth thing that would attract enemies to you and make the cover meaningless but for example trying to snipe or shoot something with a silencer would only benefit from doing it from a cover.
When I said cover, I meant it more for a stealth approach. There's nothing wrong with being able to shoot from cover, as long as it's done right. RE6's cover system was very awkward for me to use. You have to hold a button to stay in cover, then use the analog to stand up, then fire your weapon. There's nothing wrong with shooting from cover, but my idea was to have a stealth based cover system to avoid enemies and save ammo.[/quote]

Mass Distraction wrote:

I'd like to point out that even in TLoU you were able to shake off/kill an enemy grabbing you. As was mentioned before, I wouldn't mind this being implemented in something like a realism mode for challenge but it shouldn't be a thing for the regular game modes. It would only make people not finish the game out of frustration.
I only played TLOU once a few months ago, so my mind could be hazy. I thought if a Clicker grabbed you, it was an instant death if you didn't have a Shiv? I do agree though that insta-death is extreme. It would probably downgrade players experience. So yeah, a realism mode would be best for insta-death.

Teh Spike wrote:
The dodging in RE6 is far superior to the dodging in RE3 and RER. Of course I usually use the dodge/counter system by accident, in any of them, but I found it most satisfying in RE6.

As for wall cover, I was never fond of it. The wall cover system in RE5 is whack. The one in RE6 actually works quite nicely, and could very well be used for "stealth" and maneuvering purposes. I often used it in RE6 just to make my stamina replenish faster. It goes up quicker if you are in wall cover I noticed.
I didn't really like the shooting part of cover in RE6, it was too awkward. I did like the stealth part of it though.

Teh Spike wrote:

Ragdoll effects were mentioned. Those are a must. Seriously, ragdoll deaths or gtfo.

What about walking/running? I always liked the way it workes in RE, but clearly Capcom has been trying to take the movement somewhere different. In Rev, you didnt even have to hold a button to run anymore, and in RE6 you also don't require any buttons other than the analogue stick to run. But then RE6 also had the new sprinting option. Which I kinda like.
I liked the sprinting too, as long as I wasn't turning a corner or going up and down stairs. I think sprinting is good for enemies that chase you, like Nemesis or the Ustanak.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 8:46 pm

DampRevil wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

I loved the dodge system RE6 had, but in a survival horror game, I'm not quite sure if it would work. The dodging in RE6 is too action oriented. I think it would take away a lot of that "trapped" feel if I could slide, roll, and jump any direction to get away from an enemy. If it were brought back in a survival horror title, it would need to be toned down to feel slower. I do agree that an instant death is kinda harsh, but I still believe enemies shouldn't be shaken off. Especially if the dodge system from RE6 was implemented, there should be no reason a player would even be grabbed. Maybe the zombie would take like 2 bites from the player and then let go.

Mass Distraction wrote:

When I said cover, I meant it more for a stealth approach. There's nothing wrong with being able to shoot from cover, as long as it's done right. RE6's cover system was very awkward for me to use. You have to hold a button to stay in cover, then use the analog to stand up, then fire your weapon. There's nothing wrong with shooting from cover, but my idea was to have a stealth based cover system to avoid enemies and save ammo.

Mass Distraction wrote:

I only played TLOU once a few months ago, so my mind could be hazy. I thought if a Clicker grabbed you, it was an instant death if you didn't have a Shiv? I do agree though that insta-death is extreme. It would probably downgrade players experience. So yeah, a realism mode would be best for insta-death.

Teh Spike wrote:

I didn't really like the shooting part of cover in RE6, it was too awkward. I did like the stealth part of it though.

Teh Spike wrote:

I liked the sprinting too, as long as I wasn't turning a corner or going up and down stairs. I think sprinting is good for enemies that chase you, like Nemesis or the Ustanak.
Doing that would just be a step back in terms of mobility. The problem with having a dodge system like RE3 or Revelations would basically be a bunch of invisible QTEs. Though I wouldn't consider basic dodging to be too action-oriented if I was trying to fight for my life though.

RE6's cover just takes some getting used to. It'll eventually click. Though it did get annoying in a few parts.

Sprinting should stay. Especially since this feature would be popular for speed-runners.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySat Jan 25, 2014 9:01 pm

Resident Evil with MGS2 style gameplay mixed with the item and damage settings we agreed on...most of the time.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:24 am

Nobudy wrote:

Doing that would just be a step back in terms of mobility. The problem with having a dodge system like RE3 or Revelations would basically be a bunch of invisible QTEs. Though I wouldn't consider basic dodging to be too action-oriented if I was trying to fight for my life though.

RE6's cover just takes some getting used to. It'll eventually click. Though it did get annoying in a few parts.

Sprinting should stay. Especially since this feature would be popular for speed-runners.

I agree with just about everything you said. As long as everything was shaped to fit a survival horror RE game, I'd be fine. Everything needs to be a little slower to fit a slower paced game. Revelations did it perfectly. Jill runs slower, reloads slower, she can't kick doors open, etc. That all adds to the overall feel of a survival horror game. RE6's mechanics are a little too fast paced for a survival horror game. Even in The Evil Within, Sebastian can only get up to a slight jog.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:02 am

DampRevil wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

I agree with just about everything you said. As long as everything was shaped to fit a survival horror RE game, I'd be fine. Everything needs to be a little slower to fit a slower paced game. Revelations did it perfectly. Jill runs slower, reloads slower, she can't kick doors open, etc. That all adds to the overall feel of a survival horror game. RE6's mechanics are a little too fast paced for a survival horror game. Even in The Evil Within, Sebastian can only get up to a slight jog.
I didn't mind the slower running except during the timed portions. Kicking doors down should be there for doors that are weak looking. One of the things I hated about REmake was that one room with the broken doorknob. I'm not sure if anyone would like slower reloads especially during boss battles, but Revelation did have to quicker reload upgrades.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:04 pm

I think Remake did that to prove that every choice you make is going to have a consequence. Do you go the short way and break the knob, or go the long way and keep the knob intact. That's part of what survival horror is, it's all about choices and the consequences following them. In terms of running, maybe on the timed portions we could sprint. The rest of the time we should only be able to run at a certain speed. Same applies for reloading/shooting. The gun should reload/shoot at a certain speed and then it can be equipped with custom parts to make it reload/shoot faster. In RE6, for example, you can empty an entire magazine in your handgun in like 3-5 seconds. That's way too fast for a survival horror game.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:36 pm

DampRevil wrote:
I think Remake did that to prove that every choice you make is going to have a consequence. Do you go the short way and break the knob, or go the long way and keep the knob intact. That's part of what survival horror is, it's all about choices and the consequences following them. In terms of running, maybe on the timed portions we could sprint. The rest of the time we should only be able to run at a certain speed. Same applies for reloading/shooting. The gun should reload/shoot at a certain speed and then it can be equipped with custom parts to make it reload/shoot faster. In RE6, for example, you can empty an entire magazine in your handgun in like 3-5 seconds. That's way too fast for a survival horror game.
Hmmm, I never thought the handgun emptied out in that time without skills equipped. As for running, I think it should be kept in RE6's style where it's optional since we were never forced to Sprint anyway unless we were chasing someone (Chris Ch3/Leon Ch4 intersection) or being chased (HAOS, Ustanak, a random explosion). Plus it's a nice feature to have for speed running. For me it wouldn't take out of the survival horror for me since attempting to sprint through a group of zombies in a small corridor is a very bad move.  No 

If we're going to keep a realistic survival horror game, I still think it'd make sense to be able to kick down broken doors because it's better to open any areas of escape that's possible. I was still surprised that none of the characters thought to kick the door down before Barry/Wesker fixed the knob. Especially since the Jill Sandwich scene in remake had Barry shooting the lock. Though to be fair, shooting might cause a ricocheted bullet.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 3:01 pm

Yeah, the magazines empty pretty quickly in Resident Evil 6. I don't have any skills equipped on my guns either, so I guess that's just the way Capcom designed it. I guess sprinting isn't too bad, I just think sprinting would make the game way easier and would eliminate a lot of tension. For example, if we were able to sprint in Resident Evil 3, the encounters with Nemesis wouldn't be as tense as they are.

Realistically, the characters would have kicked down the doors if that were real life. But I understand why Capcom didn't allow them to do that in the older games. I wouldn't mind a system similar to Dead Island where we would have to time our movement just right in order to break through the door. I think that's better than just pressing a button and the character automatically breaks through.

As for speed running, I think it's more important to make a quality game rather than just making a game that's easy for speed runners. Speed running is possible in any game, not just a game that's easy to beat.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 3:58 pm

"This door looks as if it'll fall apart at any moment.
Will you kick it down?"

Also, a targeting system like MGS2's may make strategy more necessary. Add a new physics system, you could be in a corridor with 5 zombies ahead of you with a handgun and 15 9mm rounds, pop out a couple of knee caps, watch them stumble and you're home free...as long as you avoid anklers.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 4:08 pm

^^I always figured that only people that know the game in and out can speedrun.

I still think the Nemesis encounters would be just as tense if we could sprint so long as his running speed was about on par with the player's sprinting speed. Not to mention his rocket launcher and one hit tentacle rape move.

^Something tells me that Capcom might just use a new physics system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some Gameplay Ideas!   Some Gameplay Ideas! Empty

Back to top Go down

Some Gameplay Ideas!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next