HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?

Go down 
+18
Cyberization
S.Winters
Vandal
Sargent D
PWNERX
Nobudy
Ssplain
Shrike
Industrial Ridden
Mass Distraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Known_Hero
Xannidel
White Rock
chrisredfield84
weskersbarber
RaviorStygian
Jamesy
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? Empty
PostSubject: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 pm

Do you agree that an open world resident evil game might work if they set the enviorment in a scary rural place. Just picture vast woodlands, monsters, mountains and haunted mansions. It would be so cool with all that freedom and space too explore. Just picture a setting similar too raccoon forest. I am not really interested in a free roaming city enviorment.

If capcom did make it open world they could get inspiration from games like lord of the rings and world of Warcraft.

Give me your opinions?
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:43 pm

I think dark, quiet, and deserted rural areas would be an awesome location for an Resident Evil game. It worked in RE4, and there's still more they could do with that setting. Just look at the opening of Halloween 4. Really spooky.

I can't stress "quiet" enough. Quiet areas are always the creepiest.

I don't like the whole haunted mansion thing though. I'm sure you just meant another regular mansion, but I'm actually sick of RE1 throwbacks to be honest.

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
I think dark, quiet, and deserted rural areas would be an awesome location for a Resident Evil game. It worked in RE4, and there's still more they could do with that setting. Just look at the opening of Halloween 4. Really spooky.

I can't stress "quiet" enough. Quiet areas are always the creepiest.

I don't like the whole haunted mansion thing though. I'm sure you just meant another regular mansion, but I'm actually sick of RE1 throwbacks to be honest.

I think they should model the open world rural location on raccoon forest.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:48 pm

It's the only way an open world RE game would work, but knowing Capcom they would try to make it in an urban area in an attempt to attract fans of GTA, Saints Row etc and fail miserably, they same way they are failing to attract FPS fans to RE.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 6:34 pm

EH please don't be boring and predictable and do an urban area Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
chrisredfield84
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
chrisredfield84

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:28 pm

I hate the fact that most of RE 5 was in rural. I missed the eerie labs like in RE 4 with regenerators around. Please have RE in urban areas. I hate rural areas.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 am

If it's like Dead Rising but more horrific, that would be awesome. An open world game that has a look and gameplay style to Operation Raccoon City but with the scare factors of the remake, would be brilliant.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 8:21 am

White Rock wrote:
If it's like Dead Rising but more horrific, that would be awesome. An open world game that has a look and gameplay style to Operation Raccoon City but with the scare factors of the remake, would be brilliant.

Sweet Jesus no, Dead Rising is awful.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:32 am

I did not like dead rising at all

i say make re7 a world of war craft/lord of the rings style free roaming adventure.
Back to top Go down
Xannidel
Cerberus
Cerberus
Xannidel

Playstation Network Xannidel
Steam : Xannidel

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 9:54 am

A resident Evil MMO-esque game?

It would be hard for them to make more Resident Evil titles if they go that route or maybe I am just taking away from this too much or missing the point.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:40 am

Jamesy wrote:

Why not?

The urban area is going to give you more diverse backdrops(hospital, mall, school, house, lab, sewer,city hall, stadium,etc).

Not to mention all the different type of people you're going to run into. Forest can't compete with that.
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Why not?

The urban area is going to give you more diverse backdrops(hospital, mall, school, house, lab, sewer,city hall, stadium,etc).

Not to mention all the different type of people you're going to run into. Forest can't compete with that.

It would need to have both urban and rural areas, not just one or the other.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Why not?

Because After playing silent hill, GTA, dead rising and resident evil 6 I am just bored Sleep of chaotic and confusing Mad urban enviorments. Its like all games look the same these days Sleep . Make re7 something unique and an unforgettable experience Very Happy . Not just a second rate carbon copy of previous urban survival horror games Rolling Eyes

Come on cap com try something new for a change and give us creepy forests, thunderstorms and mountains.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:54 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Do you agree that an open world resident evil game might work if they set the enviorment in a scary rural place. Just picture vast woodlands, monsters, mountains and haunted mansions. It would be so cool with all that freedom and space too explore. Just picture a setting similar too raccoon forest. I am not really interested in a free roaming city enviorment.

If capcom did make it open world they could get inspiration from games like lord of the rings and world of Warcraft.

Give me your opinions?

Nope making GTA outta RE wont work, i think, first of as an open world it will have to become much much more action based then it is even now, i mean its really hard for me to imagine a RE game where Chris grabs a car and travels from city to city . . . It should be the way it is now . . .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:21 pm

What's wrong with Dead Rising? Sure, it wouldn't work as an RE game but as its own franchise I love it.

Creepy forests, thunderstorms and mountains? Dino Crisis and Turok.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 7:20 pm

Not really a fan of dark forests, creepy houses in the middle of nowhere, and mountains. I love urban areas though. If it was something like, let's say, an aftermath of some apocalyptic disaster and you're in an abandoned city exploring every building, every street, every alley. It would be pretty cool indeed.

But what would make that city even scarier?

Like Silent Hill, where there is nothing but fog preventing you from seeing even 10 feet in front of you, forcing you to walk up with the possibly of an enemy jumping out from the fog.

OR perhaps just night.

Either way, it better be complete silence. That way, if you hear something, then you know shit's about to go down, unless it's playing a SH on us where it throws random ass freaky sounds at us just to make the player shit themselves. I won't mind that either.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:24 am

MMO like RE would make me go to Japan and set Capcom building aflame. It's already shit with this co op, let alone if you can have 50 people in one area at once.

Open world RE would suck ass, too. Just no.

RE can be diverse. It can have creepy forests and houses in the mountains AND have urban areas too. The problem with continuing the storyline is that every character is so ninja now, that they can't show any fear, they just go out and stomp whatever is in their way, which is boring as hell really. And there is this BSAA shit and everything, you have a whole ton of good guys now who lead teams etc.

There are ways to make the game scary and back to survival horror again though. I'll post some after work.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:45 pm

If they do a RE MMO it would not be a numbered game and I hope it would not be cannon. It could be fun, but definetly not something I would want to see to take place in the true RE Universe. If they did an MMO I think Raccoon City would be the best location for it. Missions and monsters abound. Again though, NOT cannon.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:41 pm

Ssplain wrote:
If they do a RE MMO it would not be a numbered game and I hope it would not be cannon. It could be fun, but definetly not something I would want to see to take place in the true RE Universe. If they did an MMO I think Raccoon City would be the best location for it. Missions and monsters abound. Again though, NOT cannon.
It's "canon". Be careful. Some people might take that seriously. Maybe not here, but on another board, yes. Then again, we've seen enough of the non-canon Raccoon City. We need to see more canon elements like RE2's true canon story. Then again, we've yet to see the canon ending of RE1...after 17 years.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:45 pm

As I understood, canon ending for RE2 is Claire A Leon B scenarios )which is way more interesting than Leon A Claire B) and for RE1 none, it's a mixture of both.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 6:35 am

Shrike wrote:
As I understood, canon ending for RE2 is Claire A Leon B scenarios )which is way more interesting than Leon A Claire B) and for RE1 none, it's a mixture of both.
Even then, there were still some weird points during the game. I'd prefer it to be a combo of all four scenarios. Hopefully it truly is.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:02 am

Nobudy wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Even then, there were still some weird points during the game. I'd prefer it to be a combo of all four scenarios. Hopefully it truly is.

It could be like that, I don't know. Capcom is all over the place with the story and there are many inconsistencies about pretty much everything. I guess the reboot could take care of that, but I am not that fond of reboots. We'll see, maybe it turns out well if they actually do it.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Rebooting the series is a hot topic on here right now :p. If they do reboot there are two things I do not want to see.

1. I do not want to see Raccoon City completely rebooted. I feel it would be unecessary work. They could make so much money off of just remaking these games without wasting the time to write a new story. I know I would pay 40-50 bucks for REmake 2 and REmake 3 each. Many people would.

2. I do NOT want another Gears of Evil game. I am playing through Revelations now and I feel they have gotten it right so far.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 1:36 pm

A Resident Evil: Axis of Paradox series of games sounds like this:

Start with the very beginning with 0; play as Rebecca right off the helicopter. Then, instead of watching the same events play out, anything can happen. Anyone you see or meet can meet a grisly end, or even a chance at life. These possible events will change future title's in terms of survivors, victims, events, etc. Just think: what if... (But not like RE:ORC). The way the game would play out would be the same RE horror and item management, with a minor change. If you see a way where you can save someone, do it! Whether or not this means someone else would die, or Rebecca NEVER enters the train, then fine. What if Leon never left Raccoon City, or if Wesker died before he could inject that virus, or if...
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 2:19 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Rebooting the series is a hot topic on here right now :p. If they do reboot there are two things I do not want to see.

1. I do not want to see Raccoon City completely rebooted. I feel it would be unecessary work. They could make so much money off of just remaking these games without wasting the time to write a new story. I know I would pay 40-50 bucks for REmake 2 and REmake 3 each. Many people would.

2. I do NOT want another Gears of Evil game. I am playing through Revelations now and I feel they have gotten it right so far.
As I said, I do not favor reboots myself, but I could see how it could be done well. For example the creator of RE3 said that he wanted Jill to meet with Leon and Ada etc but that would deviate from the story which is already established too much, so they tossed it out. It could be done very well with all those people meeting, but I am just afraid that the Raccoon City was overused, especially now with ORC (which was a really bad game) and the viral infection in 6 (which was very badly done). I didn't feel the atmosphere at all. I was just running around headless shooting at shit like a moron.
Edit: Generally, now that I think about it, huge area infections have become stale. No sense of OMG ALL THOSE PEOPLE ARE DEAD at all. For example when Leon said that he lost 70000 people in 6 I was like> Meh, who the fuck cares, the game sucks donkey scrotum for a RE title.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?   Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good ideas for the next resident evil game or not?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next