HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor

Go down 
+10
PWNERX
Mcghie
Mass Distraction
Aegis
Ghost Leader
DampRevil
37 Narwhals
will1234562
MSR
soapboxer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 5:10 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
The Internet makes it easy for people to do and say things that in real life they'd wouldn't have the guts to, or get their asses beat if they did.

Tis true.

But just so you guys know, anything I post on the forums I would easily say to you face to face.

Except maybe that "I Feel Pretty" song I quoted in that other thread im sure. Ha. Sometimes I act up a wee bit more on the forums.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 6:58 am

Watch The Garbage Pail Kids and then watch one of the Lord of the Rings movies. You'll see.
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 8:38 am

VoyageTreader08 wrote:
Watch The Garbage Pail Kids and then watch one of the Lord of the Rings movies. You'll see.

alright then

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 250px-Resident_Evil_1_cover

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 250px-Resident_Evil_2

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 260px-Resident_Evil_3_Cover

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 RECV_boxart

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 256px-Resi4-gc-cover

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 Resident_Evil_5_Box_Artwork

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 Resident_Evil_6_box_artwork

and this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 Resident_evil_rev._2012_Capcom

that's all i hear from you, re-think about what you're saying!
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:13 am

soapboxer wrote:
this "film" HORRIBLE!!
I disagree because opinions.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Is that supposed to rile us all up or something? Make us cry because you think some games we like are bad? I personally don't fucking care what you think and I doubt anyone else here does either.

And why are you referring to them as films? They aren't films, they're games.

Now stop acting like a whiny little bitch, because that's what you've been doing this entire topic. The Internet isn't censored to conform to any one person's outlook, nor should it be. If you can't handle games and movies getting negative reviews, get off the web because there isn't shit that you, I, or anyone else can or should do about it.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 3:46 am

soapboxer wrote:
VoyageTreader08 wrote:

alright then

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 250px-Resident_Evil_1_cover

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 250px-Resident_Evil_2

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 260px-Resident_Evil_3_Cover

this "film" HORRIBLE!!

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 256px-Resi4-gc-cover

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 Resident_Evil_5_Box_Artwork

this "film" HORRIBLE!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 Resident_Evil_6_box_artwork

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 Resident_evil_rev._2012_Capcom

So...Resident Evil 0, the Outbreak Series, Gaiden, Survivor, The Mobile Games, Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles aren't horrible? YAY!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 5:22 am

PWNERX wrote:
soapboxer wrote:
VoyageTreader08 wrote:

alright then

this "film" HORRIBLE!!

this "film" HORRIBLE!!

this "film" HORRIBLE!!

this "film" HORRIBLE!!

this "film" HORRIBLE!!

this "film" HORRIBLE!!

this "film" HORRIBLE!!

So...Resident Evil 0, the Outbreak Series, Gaiden, Survivor, The Mobile Games, Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles aren't horrible? YAY!

in case you can't tell, those aren't my words, they're yours!

re-read the last line of that post

you think they're just horrible live action films, but why?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 6:17 am

I still can't get over the first sentence of this thread. I haven't connected a Japanese game with an anime since I was like 13 and knew little to nothing about anime to begin with.

I have never treated an English game like an A-movie either, they are games, not movies. On that note, I'm not sure if I've ever even played a truly English game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 7:48 am

Last I checked no one on in the history of the universe ever refered to those games as films.
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 8:42 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I still can't get over the first sentence of this thread. I haven't connected a Japanese game with an anime since I was like 13 and knew little to nothing about anime to begin with.

I have never treated an English game like an A-movie either, they are games, not movies. On that note, I'm not sure if I've ever even played a truly English game.

maybe not you, but you're part of the majority that DOES treat a game like a film, always judging a good actor from a bad actor, that's what i don't get

Last edited by soapboxer on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:01 am

Judging actors has nothing to do with a form of media being a film or a game or a webseries or a flash animation.

Plus last I checked, the only games I have seen being referred to as films have been Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. So to say, the majority rule does not apply here.
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:09 am

Teh Spike wrote:
When someone's acting is so horrid, or whatever the case may be, and it takes me completely out of the scene, that is a great reason to flat out say that their acting isnt so great.

well, it still beats reading a book doesn't it?

Mass Distraction wrote:
Judging actors has nothing to do with a form of media being a film or a game or a webseries or a flash animation.

Plus last I checked, the only games I have seen being referred to as films have been Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls. So to say, the majority rule does not apply here.

tell that to the last author i looked at who reviewed RE6,

i said to them: why judge the actors? it's not a live action film!
and they replied with: yes it is, it's the equivalent of one
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:16 am

soapboxer wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

maybe not you, but you're part of the majority that DOES treat a game like a film, always judging a good actor from a bad actor, that's what i don't get
If you didn't notice, films and anime aren't the only mediums that have actors...Live theater, musicals, audio dramas, etc. all have actors, and I can say that any actor in any of these mediums are shit if I want to, that doesn't mean that I'm treating them like films.

If I judge a movie negatively for its bad special effects, am I treating it like a video game; judging it by its graphics?

soapboxer wrote:

Mass Distraction wrote:

tell that to the last author i looked at who reviewed RE6,

i said to them: why judge the actors? it's not a live action film!
and they replied with: yes it is, it's the equivalent of one
So one reviewer saying that means that we all treat them like that? Games have actors, they've been around for a long time. They're part of the game, therefore they shall be judged.

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:21 am

37 Narwhals wrote:
I can say that any actor in any of these mediums are shit if I want to

again, what you call "bad acting" beats reading a book doesn't it?

Last edited by soapboxer on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 9:37 am

soapboxer wrote:
Nothing beats reading a book.
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:24 am

37 Narwhals wrote:

If you didn't notice, films and anime aren't the only mediums that have actors...Live theater, musicals, audio dramas, etc. all have actors, and I can say that any actor in any of these mediums are shit if I want to, that doesn't mean that I'm treating them like films.

Mass Distraction wrote:
So one reviewer saying that means that we all treat them like that? Games have actors, they've been around for a long time. They're part of the game, therefore they shall be judged.

well all the reviews i've seen for RE1, one of them said: i might as well be watching a bad film

every other review didn't say those exact words but they all gave the same criticism

same with japnese RPGs, one review i looked at had a part in that said: there needs to be a japanese voice cast considering i watch so many animes

everyone delivers similar criticism to that as well
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:06 am

To be fair I've been watching Screwattack, NerdCubed, ProJared, Classic Game Room and Tilt in addition to reading reviews on Rely on Horror and pretty much all of Finland's biggest gaming magazines (and a couple of foreign ones too like the Official Playstation Magazine and Game Reactor) for years and none of them has compared games to movies apart from the aforementioned Beyond: Two Souls.

Besides, games have voice actors too so of course that's going to be one aspect to judge when reviewing them.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:41 am

will1234562 wrote:
soapboxer wrote:

I completelly agree with Will, nothing beats reading a book, except just movies, music, comics, plays, shows, video games, board games, marbles, play-doh, coloring, drawing, sketching, painting, eating, drinking, breathing, torture, death, hell, etc., otherwise books are totally the best!

I'll give ya that Soap. But you can't see the world through a mirror. Lemme just drop some F-bombs as well, like GL. Fuck fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck!

Last edited by Teh Spike on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 11:58 am

Teh Spike wrote:
torture, death, hell,
Well that escalated quickly.
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:12 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
To be fair I've been watching Screwattack, NerdCubed, ProJared, Classic Game Room and Tilt in addition to reading reviews on Rely on Horror and pretty much all of Finland's biggest gaming magazines (and a couple of foreign ones too like the Official Playstation Magazine and Game Reactor) for years and none of them has compared games to movies apart from the aforementioned Beyond: Two Souls.

Besides, games have voice actors too so of course that's going to be one aspect to judge when reviewing them.

but look at a individual user review for RE1 and you will find out that they all judge the voice cast and nothing more

will1234562 wrote:
soapboxer wrote:

because if there's no voice cast that's what you're doing, you're reading the whole story like a book

that is something else i see in these reviews

some reviews have said: the acting is so bad that i'd rather have none

Last edited by soapboxer on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:53 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 12:21 pm

soapboxer wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

but look at a individual user review for RE1 and you will find out that they all judge the voice cast and nothing more

I honestly trust a professional review a lot more than some random internet review made by "some dude".

See, something like that would never fly in a professional review. If all you take into account are some people's biased opinions you're gonna have a bad time.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 4:21 pm

This ↑↑↑

Honestly Soaper, do you even read? I dont care to read books very often, but i at least appreciate them. You dont need a voice or music when you read a novel, the pictures illustrated by the author's words plus your own imagination, make the experience. You keep bashing on books and reading, similar to the way some hate on voice work. Hmmm...hypocrite much?
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 5:00 pm

soapboxer wrote:
You do realize that we're talking about a franchise where a significant amount of the back story is told through reading in game files, right? I quite enjoyed finding books to read lying around in the games. Not to mention that there are Resident Evil novels as well, which I plan to eventually read. With a book you can fill in the blanks and imagine whatever actors you want, as well as go at your own pace so you have time to think and draw conclusions about what you've read.

soapboxer wrote:
because if there's no voice cast that's what you're doing, you're reading the whole story like a book

that is something else i see in these reviews

some reviews have said: the acting is so bad that i'd rather have none

That wouldn't work well for everything, but Parasite Eve (and many other older RPGs) pulled it off nicely.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 5:26 pm

Acting is acting, regardless of whether it's in films, games, Broadway, or any other media, and is subject to critique just the same as any other element. Are you an actor? I ask because, otherwise, I can't conceivably figure out why you have such an issue with people critiquing one's performance. Acting is no different from any other trade, everyone has a different level of skill in it.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:20 pm

will1234562 wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
torture, death, hell,
Well that escalated quickly.

Where's a meme when you need one

soapboxer wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Ah fucking hell! Teh Spike just doesn't understand why you fucking idiots judge someone who judges a good actor from a bad actor?!? What the hell gives YOU the right to judge whether or not someone else jugdes an actor's abilities as good or bad?! I'm so upset about this. Teh Spike is not even going to sleep tonight because Teh Spike cannot get over how infuriating it is for someone else to judge someone else's acting as good or bad? OMFG!

You still there soapboxer?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next