Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Favorite Joker Actor EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Favorite Joker Actor EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Favorite Joker Actor EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Favorite Joker Actor EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Favorite Joker Actor EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Favorite Joker Actor EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Favorite Joker Actor EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Favorite Joker Actor EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Favorite Joker Actor EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Favorite Joker Actor

Go down 
4 posters

Best joker?
Jack Nicholson(Batman '89)
Favorite Joker Actor Vote_lcap0%Favorite Joker Actor Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Heath Ledger(The Dark Knight)
 0% [ 0 ]
Mark Hamill(animated joker/voice only)
Favorite Joker Actor Vote_lcap67%Favorite Joker Actor Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Jared Leto(Suicide Squad)
 0% [ 0 ]
Other(???)
Favorite Joker Actor Vote_lcap33%Favorite Joker Actor Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Favorite Joker Actor Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Joker Actor   Favorite Joker Actor EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 am

Of all the jokers which do you believe was the BEST joker?

Clearly I left out certain ones, like that dude from the Adam West era, and I know there was another animated Joker, I think the guy that voiced Bender in Futurama played the role. That said, lets look at the most well known and best recieved Jokers.

Each was good in their own ways, but which is the BEST? Do you wanna go with Ledger, just because he died making this character come to life? He had probably the most different of them all, and he was no doubt pretty awesome. But the ways in which he rarely even smiled, laughed or anything was dissapointing. This constant lip smacking joker was cool as fuck, but too emo, sorry.

Here's Johnny!!! Or well, Jack. And lets face it, 9 times outta 10, Nicholson basically just plays Jack Nicholson in all his movies. It made a damn awesome joker, but still.

Hamill is someone who once played Luke Skywalker, and dealt with typecasting, but goddamn his joker voice was always PERFECT.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Joker Actor   Favorite Joker Actor EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 7:48 am

Teh Spike may have to go with Mark Hamill. In a way, a crazy character like Joker can be played by a multitude of different people and its ok. Kinda like Ernst Stavro Blofeld or Bond.

Opinions on Jared Leto's new Joker? The one with "damaged" tattooed on his forehead.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Joker Actor   Favorite Joker Actor EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 8:28 am

I grew up with Hamill's Joker as did most everyone who likes Batman. Leto's got white skin, green hair, and a crazy face, we've seen Joker with tattoos before in the comics. His teeth makes sense, because Batman probably knocked them out more times than he could count. You could probably pick out one thing someone didn't like from all the Jokers in the past.

Cesar Romero painted over his mustache.
Mark Hamill's version wasn't allowed to kill anyone.
Arkham video games Hamill turned into a giant monster.
Kevin Richardson's Joker had dreads and looked like a palm tree.
Scott Snyder's 52 Joker cut off his face and wore it like a mask (like, why..?)
Jack Nicholson was super old when he played Joker.
Health Ledger didn't seem to be having fun at all, and was more dark than anything.

Point is, Joker has been interpreted and reinterpreted so many times it doesn't matter if anyone hates it. He's going to get changed again in a few years.

But yeah, that "damaged" tattoo is pretty retarded.
Back to top Go down
ThriftyNovistador
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ThriftyNovistador

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Joker Actor   Favorite Joker Actor EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 9:59 am

Van is correct in that Hamill is the Joker most people are going to gravitate towards. He's the voice of the Joker and has been for a few generations. I'd say he brought to the character a new and wonderful personality and energy.

Despite growing up with that Joker and experiencing a little bit of every single one, much like Daniel Craig's Bond; the John DiMaggio Joker really did grow on me. He WASN'T a Hamill copycat nor was he campy or too dark. He was his own Joker but stayed true to what we already knew.

Unlike 52 which seems content to alienate its old audience in favor of trying to draw in new, younger readers with it's supposedly edge-y character designs and plots. Phooey!

I'm going to hafta vote 'Other' on this with John DiMaggio in mind. And it's NOT just because I love Under the Red Hood. >.>
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Joker Actor   Favorite Joker Actor EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:31 am

ThriftyNovistador wrote:
Van is correct in that Hamill is the Joker most people are going to gravitate towards. He's the voice of the Joker and has been for a few generations. I'd say he brought to the character a new and wonderful personality and energy.

Despite growing up with that Joker and experiencing a little bit of every single one, much like Daniel Craig's Bond; the John DiMaggio Joker really did grow on me. He WASN'T a Hamill copycat nor was he campy or too dark. He was his own Joker but stayed true to what we already knew.

Unlike 52 which seems content to alienate its old audience in favor of trying to draw in new, younger readers with it's supposedly edge-y character designs and plots. Phooey!

I'm going to hafta vote 'Other' on this with John DiMaggio in mind. And it's NOT just because I love Under the Red Hood. >.>

I did like DiMaggio's Joker. A lot, for the reasons you listed actually, so no reason to mimic your words. He gave his own flavor to it, and I hope to see him return to the role. Hamill even congratulated him for his performance when they were working on a cartoon together.

Oh, also in the recent 52 story arch, it's implied that Joker is immortal, and Batman starts going crazy, and bear hugging him while a cave is collapsing on them... what's more strange is their blood is in the form of a heart. So... weird.

Favorite Joker Actor Something-shocking-just-happened-to-batman-and-joker-in-batman-40
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Joker Actor   Favorite Joker Actor EmptyWed Jun 10, 2015 10:48 am

No Troy Baker?? Lame.................trolololol.

Still I think that Jared Leto shouldn't be there until something with him as the Joker is officoally out
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Joker Actor   Favorite Joker Actor EmptyThu Jun 11, 2015 8:53 am

I wouldnt have thought of Leto as Joker. But I didnt think of Ledger as joker either and he did a nice job. I liked Leto in Requiem for a Dram and Panic Room. Two very different roles, but hes a good actor like that so maybe itll work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Joker Actor   Favorite Joker Actor Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Joker Actor
Page 1 of 1