HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor

Go down 
+10
PWNERX
Mcghie
Mass Distraction
Aegis
Ghost Leader
DampRevil
37 Narwhals
will1234562
MSR
soapboxer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  Empty
PostSubject: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:05 pm

i know you all treat a japanese game as an anime, but you also treat an english game as an A-movie film

well i don't understand how anyone and everyone can judge the difference between a good actor and a bad actor, whether it's a game, cartoon or film
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Difference between a good actor and bad actor; A good example of bad acting would be DC Douglas as Wesker in UC and RE5. An example of good acting would be a VA who sounds genuine and "real", like Alyson Court as Claire.

Everyone's a critic.
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:27 pm

i don't think that's true

it could just be the director making the actor do the wrong character, or it could be that they are meant to sound like that because the author of the story didn't write a likeable character

it's not the actor's fault
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:46 pm

Lemme put it like this.

What is the point and purpose of acting and actors? To portray a character, in a story. Now you would judge them based on, primarily the "actor"'s ability to make you believe that they ARE that character, right?

Last edited by Teh Spike on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:54 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
But it is true.

Teh Spike wrote:
Lemme put it like this.

What is the point and purpose of acting and actors? To portray a character, in a story. Now you would judge them based on, primarily the "actor"'s ability to make you believe that they ARE that character, right?

well i'm saying it isn't

there's no reason when you're in the middle of a cutscene to just come out and say: wow! this acting is great (or) this is the worst acting ever

Last edited by soapboxer on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:03 pm

soapboxer wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
But it is true.

well i'm saying it isn't

there's no reason when you're in the middle of a cutscene to just come out and say: wow! this acting is great (or) this is the worst acting ever

And im saying it is. So what?

You cant expect everyone to view movies or acting like you do. When someone's acting is so horrid, or whatever the case may be, and it takes me completely out of the scene, that is a great reason to flat out say that their acting isnt so great. and I will judge one's acting on their ability to make me believe they ARE that character.

I remember watching Sean Penn in Mystic River, and at the point when he finds out his daughter died, his performance, I though to myself, "He's a real good actor". SPOILER ALERT!
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:53 pm

To me there is no such thing as a "good" or "bad" VA - there are VAs I like and VAs I don't like. If I don't like the voice of a character there's a big chance that I'll also dislike the character itself. So basically - it depends on people's opinions.
Simple example:
Teh Spike wrote:
Difference between a good actor and bad actor; A good example of bad acting would be DC Douglas as Wesker in UC and RE5. An example of good acting would be a VA who sounds genuine and "real", like Alyson Court as Claire.
My opinion is the opposite - I like DC Douglas as Wesker's VA,but I'm very fond of Alyson Court,because when she screams or shows more "feminine" emotions(as crying for example) her voice sounds too squeaky for my taste. That also reminded me of Ashley and made things even worst.  Razz 
Do note: I'm not saying that one VA is better that the other - I just enjoyed one of them more and that made him a "good" voice actor to me.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:57 pm

soapboxer wrote:
well i don't understand how anyone and everyone can judge the difference between a good actor and a bad actor, whether it's a game, cartoon or film

Because anyone and everyone has the right to an opinion, and because acting quality is subjective? All it really comes down to is "I do/don't like that performance." If someone says an actor is bad, all they're saying is that they don't think the actor did a good job in the roles they've seen.

soapboxer wrote:
i know you all treat a japanese game as an anime, but you also treat an english game as an A-movie film
Wat
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 2:19 pm

The talent of an actor/voice actor is completely subjective. For most people, it's based on how believable their performance is. The term "good actor/voice actor" refers to an actor being able to make their character seem like a real person and not just fake character and a voice actor reading lines. That's why Naughty Dog is so praised for their characters in Uncharted and The Last Of Us. The voice actors do a phenomenal job at really making the characters seem genuine and real.

Basically, like everyone else has mentioned, it boils down to your own opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 5:46 pm

soapboxer wrote:
well i'm saying it isn't

And when you become lord of the galaxy, that might matter to me. Until then, I couldn't care less what you do or don't approve.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 6:38 pm

Why is this a thread? No no...why is this a thread AND in Resident Evil Discussion?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Aegis wrote:
Why is this a thread? No no...why is this a thread AND in Resident Evil Discussion?

Oh, dont worry your pretty little head Aegis, I was wondering that same thing. Why this is in Resident Evil Discussion.

Anyway, I think the lord of the galaxy should head over to the Inroduction section and introduce himself. This has been...educational, butt this isnt the most controversial thread on the forums. Not as controversial as that Volcano "death scene, in which that thread had 3 pages AND got a lock on it, so it must indeed still be controversial!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 11:05 pm

Yeah, this really belongs in Off Topic.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyFri Jan 17, 2014 4:24 am

soapboxer wrote:

What? How does that even... What?

37 Narwhals wrote:
soapboxer wrote:
Wat

Oh thank God I wasn't the only one.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:39 am

Teh Spike wrote:
Everyone's a critic.

and that's what i don't get

for as long as you make any form of media to go public, it's guaranteed to get negative feedback from someone, whether they are just saying it to be annoying or it's in depth criticism
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 8:03 am

soapboxer wrote:

for as long as you make any form of media to go public, it's guaranteed to get negative feedback from someone, whether they are just saying it to be annoying or it's in depth criticism
Precisely what are you getting at? Are people not allowed to like or dislike something when it contradicts the majority opinion?
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 10:57 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
soapboxer wrote:

Precisely what are you getting at? Are people not allowed to like or dislike something when it contradicts the majority opinion?

no, you can say what you want, but i don't get why i have to listen to it

you expect every game to be like an A-movie, and if the voice cast is like a B-movie, you give it negative feedback

statistically the odds of me getting away from critics are 100,000,000 to 1, i don't want it in my yahoo search results!

furthermore, people have said "this shit sucks" to every resident evil game just to be annoying

that isn't opinion, it's trolling!
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:57 am

soapboxer wrote:

you expect every game to be like an A-movie, and if the voice cast is like a B-movie, you give it negative feedback

statistically the odds of me getting away from critics are 100,000,000 to 1, i don't want it in my yahoo search results!

furthermore, people have said "this shit sucks" to every resident evil game just to be annoying

I really don't understand any of this thread, your point is incoherent and confusing.
So let me get this straight, you hate that people have negative and or constructive opinions towards something that you yourself enjoyed ?
Welcome to the real world kid, not everything is candy and rainbows, everyone has different and therefore harbor different opinions.
So what you're actually trying to create is a very hypocritical system, in where only your opinion matters and others are simply labelled as wrong or "trolling".]
Please leave your ego at the door, take a good hard look at what your saying and how contradictive and hypocritical it really is and simple grow up.
Opinions are subjective, your entitled to your own, just like everyone's entitled theirs.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 1:39 pm

soapboxer wrote:

Statistically the odds of pleasing everyone are equally low because everyone has different preferences and expectations. If you go and read people's opinions, some of them are bound to be negative. If you don't want to listen to it, then don't, but don't expect yahoo to censor their opinions for you.

soapboxer wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Everyone's a critic.

I'm not seeing what's so hard to get. Nearly every RE game has sold over a million copies. Are you surprised that a portion of people out of that million doesn't like it?

Are you also surprised when someone doesn't have the same favorite color as you? I like red, but I keep meeting people who tell me they prefer blue. I don't get it, how can they not think red is the best color?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:48 pm

soapboxer wrote:
No one is telling you to listen to it. I myself don't listen to critics or others' (well, most others') opinions.

Quote :
No, I don't, and no, I don't. I expect high-profile games like Grand Theft Auto and Metal Gear Solid to be like A-movies, sure, but not every game. I give a game negative feedback when I feel its cons outweigh its pros. For example, I don't like RE4, but the voice acting isn't among my list of reasons for doing so.

And just FYI, I like B-movies, especially horror. Hell, the B-list is the best place for horror these days, since Hollywood can't seem to get it right anymore.

Quote :

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  Cheese+and+whine
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 3:48 am

A bad actor? One that fails in every department, and doesn't even try for campy. The kind of actor that just emotionlessly reads lines and maybe performs only a few stunts over the green screen.

(Yeah, Milla Jovovich is pretty bad)
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Mcghie wrote:
soapboxer wrote:

I really don't understand any of this thread, your point is incoherent and confusing.
So let me get this straight, you hate that people have negative and or constructive opinions towards something that you yourself enjoyed ?
Welcome to the real world kid, not everything is candy and rainbows, everyone has different and therefore harbor different opinions.  
So what you're actually trying to create is a very hypocritical system, in where only your opinion matters and others are simply labelled as wrong or "trolling".]
Please leave your ego at the door, take a good hard look at what your saying and how contradictive and hypocritical it really is and simple grow up.
Opinions are subjective, your entitled to your own, just like everyone's entitled theirs.  

but to call someone a fuckin loser because they don't share the same views as you, that IS trolling

as a matter of fact, should you upload to youtube, no matter what you upload, you are guaranteed to be trolled sooner or later

PWNERX wrote:
A bad actor? One that fails in every department, and doesn't even try for campy. The kind of actor that just emotionlessly reads lines and maybe performs only a few stunts over the green screen.

surely an actor from a game, cartoon, or film can be no different from your own youtube upload of yourself talking
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 7:42 pm

soapboxer wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
soapboxer wrote:

but to call someone a fuckin loser because they don't share the same views as you, that IS trolling

as a matter of fact, should you upload to youtube, no matter what you upload, you are guaranteed to be trolled sooner or later

PWNERX wrote:

surely an actor from a game, cartoon, or film can be no different from your own youtube upload of yourself talking

I can 1-up Milla because I can do impressions. Good impressions, too. You wanna see my troll impression?
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 11:11 pm

soapboxer wrote:

What has YouTube got to do with anything ?
Critique is critique, no matter what medium it's from.
Furthermore you're making a huge generalizing of the whole matter and blowing it up to be bigger than it is.
If someone likes something, then they will like it.
If someone doesn't like it then they wont, but either side can give an honest opinion of how they feel towards something.
Whether it be a civil comment or otherwise.
That's just life, you can't take others views so seriously and you have to take the internet with a pinch of salt, there is a lot of hate out their.
If you are so concerned about said "trolling" then just leave them (if they are actually generally trolling), if you react and get all giddy over their "trolling" then
that means they have gained a victory over you because they do it for attention or to piss you off, so if you get mad or even simply try to strike up debate with them then
they have won, in their own little sad way.
Although I only say this towards genuine "trolling", you can't drastically label someone that has the opposite opinion of yours a "troll" even if that person is writing
a hate filled or anger fueled review, as this person isn't trolling but merely angered and unhappy with whatever it is he/she is writing about.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 3:13 am

soapboxer wrote:
There will always be people like that. You just have to let it go in one ear and out the other. The Internet makes it easy for people to do and say things that in real life they wouldn't have the guts to, or get their asses beat if they did.

Quote :
Like we've been saying, this is the Internet we're talking about.

Quote :
It depends on what he's talking about. If he's expressing his thoughts on something like Apartheid or the Macedonia naming dispute, then it's quite different. Another difference is it's unlikely he would get paid an obscene amount of money for talking on YouTube regardless of what he's talking about.

Last edited by Ghost Leader on Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  Empty

Back to top Go down

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next