HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it

Go down 
+14
Known_Hero
AWDCP
DXP
Mcghie
Vandal
Nobudy
RebelliousQueen
Ghost Leader
will1234562
White Rock
ChrisRedfieldRE156
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
TeRoR KiD
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 9:29 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
If I'm "too old" for Capcom to want my business, fuck'em. Any future Capcom games I buy, I'll just buy used. I get the game, Capcom gets no money.

What about third party games published by Capcom? I bought Remember Me new solely to support the development team.

Not sure what your stance is on digital only titles but with those it'd be either piracy or nothing then.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 10:29 am

PWNERX wrote:
I believe that a seven year old's definition of cool is anything that can make them shut up. I have one sister. An she don't like things unless she wants those things. And why that gif?
To point out how immature their attempts to appeal to a younger audience are. It's like a child just learned to swear and started making a big deal out of the word just to seem cool.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:40 pm

I loved that one scene when Dante faced the Succubus and their main dialog was an exchange of "Fuck you's."
Back to top Go down
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:30 pm

Although I'm not a huge fan of the newer Resident Evil games I can see where they're coming from. RE 4,5 and 6 were huge hits when it came to sells and despite mixed reviews from critics RE6 still sold 5.9 million copies. Today's average gamer doesn't want slow moving sluggish controls. They want action, great graphics....and explosions. That's the why the industry is saturated with first person/third person shooters. Kids eat those games up like candy. Lets face facts, as much as the early RE games are classics they would do horrible in today's market even if they were given a make over with next-gen graphics. This isn't just a trend in RE games it's all over the game industry. Even sports games find ways to tune the experience or allow the players to control the experience to make it more action packed. For example the WWE games allow players to select a match as "quick" "normal" or "epic". This allows the player to finish a match in a few minutes or choose the "normal" or "epic" to have a more realistic(yes I know wrestling isn't real) match you'd see on TV. Capcom could care less if it's games are getting mixed reviews when they're selling 5.9 million copies. If you don't like the direction the series is going don't buy/play the games. That's the only way they'll change.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 11:12 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
Capcom could care less if it's games are getting mixed reviews when they're selling 5.9 million copies.  If you don't like the direction the series is going don't buy/play the games. That's the only way they'll change.
RE6 sold 5.2 million actually, and Capcom said that sales declined far more than they expected after the initial release. Most likely it's because of hype and because the initial reviews when it first came out were positive, then negative reviews and fan reactions spread afterwards. If they keep releasing games like 6, they're going to keep declining (before anyone jumps on me, I'm not saying that action is necessarily the problem, just that disregarding the reactions to 6 would not be wise).

Vandal wrote:
I loved that one scene when Dante faced the Succubus and their main dialog was an exchange of "Fuck you's."
Yeah I bet the writer spent a whole two minutes writing that one.

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:34 am

Ah the we are too old now.....i'm 25 going on 26 in a month and the whole idea of Capcom getting feedback from fashion magazines of all things....I mean what will they make a Barry Burton shaving kit?

I laugh at their logic when it comes to the guys in the suits.....fans have had enough of the direction of RE games so far hence why we have countless mods, the outbreak servers are now back(only in JPN mode at the moment but that is enough for now) seems to me its the fans that are considered 'old' to the shareholders that are keeping the franchise alive better then Capcom themselves and doing it all for free...

I love Revelations with all my heart if they actually did a new game like that with more emphasis on survival then it would sell, bring back the typewriter system and again it will bring back fans, that's the one thing Capcom did they removed the things that made RE an RE game and without those its just becomes a generic action shooter.

And please tell me....that DMC gif is not from in game -_- no wonder I won't play that crappy thing...
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 3:31 am

Capcom has officially gone insane. They were cool in the 90's. Now...not so much.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:25 am

DXP wrote:
I mean what will they make a Barry Burton shaving kit?
If they did, PWNERX would be first in line to get one. Razz 
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 4:50 am

Alas, GL is right...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 8:21 am

DXP wrote:
And please tell me....that DMC gif is not from in game -_- no wonder I won't play that crappy thing...
Way to knock something without trying.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 10:52 am

37 Narwhals wrote:

Vandal wrote:
Yeah I bet the writer spent a whole two minutes writing that one.
I actually pictured them writing the scene, getting stuck, and then, just writing what their last conversation was to their kids on the phone, because they hate their parents.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 8:58 pm

I'm not for a remake of RE2 at all, provided it's just being churned out for another fast buck. Giving the trend of shitty action games masquerading as horror, this is not what I want to see happen to RE2. For me, RE2 was my birth of horror gaming and it's a game that I'll never forget, and it has a place in my heart forever. Nearly everything in the mainstream horror gaming department since 2005 has been utter piss, not counting anything from the indies. Sure, the old RE games had tons of flaws and were not graphically brilliant by any stretch of the imagination, but they had interesting storylines that arched together and the cheesy feel was what made them great. RE has a plot so obscure now, I don't even know what's going on half the time. Plus, they always make them mature and serious, while obviously ripping off everything mainstream, which is ironic considering horror games were ripping off RE, now it's RE doing all the ripping off.

RE was once a great series. But now...I think it's a mess.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 5:11 am

White Rock wrote:
Nearly everything in the mainstream horror gaming department since 2005 has been utter piss, not counting anything from the indies.
Anything is quite broad of a term. There is real shit in the indie department too.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:25 pm

Of course there is, but I don't really follow indie stuff. However, I guess Amy is sort of indie, but the less said about that game, the better! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:03 am

White Rock wrote:
Of course there is, but I don't really follow indie stuff. However, I guess Amy is sort of indie, but the less said about that game, the better! Very Happy

Good idea, bad presentation.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Every time I go on youtube and look up a video related to RE4/RE5/RE6 or read the comments on RE's Facebook page there is hate smeared all over the comments and quite honestly it gives me a headache because and I kid you not every time I comment on how good RE4 or RE6 (Yes I like the game) is there is always some jerk wad that insults me and argues with me about how I'm wrong and I know nothing about RE and the only good RE games were the old ones. Hey, it's my opinion and I respect the people that personally disliked those games but don't go around insulting people who do like them and make it seem like what you say is fact. It's purely your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:18 am

But… Resident Evil 4 and 6 look better than the older games. Doesn't that argument self refute itself?
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:18 am

Vandal wrote:
But… Resident Evil 4 and 6 look better than the older games. Doesn't that argument self refute itself?
I was just merely talking about the overall style and gameplay. It's as obvious as a mole on someone's face that they do look better.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 10:15 pm

VoyageTreader08 wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I was just merely talking about the overall style and gameplay. It's as obvious as a mole on someone's face that they do look better.  Razz 

*points* mole.....mollleeee... Moley moley moley moleyyy!

I agree with pumpkin head, I liked RE4 and RE6. And RE5.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 7:58 am

As much as I don't really like RE6, I think people are entitled to state their opinions on it freely and the ones who object in a nasty manner are just being trolls. Plus, RE has a mixed range of fans and that's because of how much the saga has been altered. Some only like the older, more horrific but less action focused games. Others got into the series after RE4 or whatever so they'd probably prefer the Rambo feel of those later entries. Some play and like both, but maybe prefer the newer ones over the old. You know?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 1:38 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
VoyageTreader08 wrote:
Vandal wrote:

*points* mole.....mollleeee... Moley moley moley moleyyy!

I agree with pumpkin head, I liked RE4 and RE6. And RE5.

Austin Powers: Goldmember reference? Anyways, while RE5 and RE6 weren't pure survival horror games, they were still at least decent games. However, they didn't feel like Resident Evil games as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3