Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?

Go down 
+5
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
Spike991
Trichos
VoyageTreader08
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? Empty
PostSubject: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 3:52 pm

I've been looking for some sort of Resident Evil forums site, and this one seems awesome. I won't call myself a Resident Evil veteran player because the first Resident Evil game I ever played was Resident Evil 4, and it scared the crap out of me, but I loved it. The story, setting, gameplay and charactors really made me fall in love with the series. I've recently beaten the remake of the original Resident Evil with both Jill and Chris and I loved it too (I do have the original PS1 game but have yet to get around to beating it). Currently, I'm currently working on Resident Evil 2 and once I beat it I plan on getting Nemesis too. I have beaten 5 too but...yeah, you know. Anyway, I'm happy to be on here.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:01 pm

I also started with RE4 and the REmake, albeit in reverse order. Now I'm trying to catch up on the earlier ones; I beat RE2 a few days ago, I'm currently re-playing RE4, afterwards I'll tackle C:VX (I have to wait until I can play RE3, stupidly watched a Nemesis Let's Play and I still remember too much of the details).

But yeah, this forum is indeed awesome, welcome! =)

P.S.: Love that GIF!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:25 pm

Welcome to ref, enjoy our forum site.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Trichos wrote:
I also started with RE4 and the REmake, albeit in reverse order. Now I'm trying to catch up on the earlier ones; I beat RE2 a few days ago, I'm currently re-playing RE4, afterwards I'll tackle C:VX (I have to wait until I can play RE3, stupidly watched a Nemesis Let's Play and I still remember too much of the details).

Thanks! The licker is my favorite RE enemy.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:34 pm

VoyageTreader08 wrote:
Trichos wrote:

Mine, too! They are easy to beat, but you also need some skills to humiliate them.
And they have style.
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Trichos wrote:
VoyageTreader08 wrote:
Trichos wrote:

Mine, too! They are easy to beat, but you also need some skills to humiliate them.
And they have style.
When I got to the interogation room, I already knew a Licker would crash through the glass, and I still jumped. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Welcome to REF!
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 pm

Lol at liking RE4 because of the story. But welcome anyway. Did you not like RE5?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 3:07 am

Welcome to this madness.

Doesn't anyone else think that avatar is a tad too big? It's stretching the page. Would work as a part of the signature, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 7:38 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Lol at liking RE4 because of the story. But welcome anyway. Did you not like RE5?
RE5 to me was boring. It was not scary, the inventory system sucked, Sheva as a partner was terrible, boring music and it was too action based. I did enjoy the storyline though.
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 10:19 am

Welcome to the forums, make yourself at home. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

Playstation Network ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:24 am

VoyageTreader08 wrote:
boring music
I can't agree with this. I thought that RE5 had a great soundtrack. Better than RE4 IMO.
Anyway, welcome to the site. I'd like to recommend CVX too, amazing game. REmake is my personal favorite.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 11:42 am

VoyageTreader08 wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
RE5 to me was boring. It was not scary, the inventory system sucked, Sheva as a partner was terrible, boring music and it was too action based. I did enjoy the storyline though.

I agree it wasn't scary. But I don't think any RE's are all that scary. Never have been except when I was very young. And yeah it was action based, but I am fine with that as I feel it is where RE should be right now because of the storyline. Action makes sense. But I disagree with all those other points. Sheva was a great AI partner. She never got me killed or got in the way. You can't use the AI on pro though. I was okay with the inventory system. I loved the music! The part where you save Jill has my favorite music of the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:33 pm

The inventory system was one of the best improvements in RE5. Kinda reminded me of Outbreak but more refined.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The inventory system was one of the best improvements in RE5. Kinda reminded me of Outbreak but more refined.
Cept for the fact that when you get armor it's in a suit of your armor, on top of that an egg is the same size as a grenade launcher, ammo stacks so 50 rounds of handgun ammo is the same size as one egg, so wtf mate?

Top of that if I want an herb from my partner and my inventory is full I have to trade one of my items in order to get an herb and request it back.

The inventory system was crap in RE5 and you couldn't trade weapons with online buddies. What gives?
Back to top Go down
VoyageTreader08
Zombie
Zombie
VoyageTreader08

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:01 am

ThomVD wrote:
VoyageTreader08 wrote:
boring music
I can't agree with this. I thought that RE5 had a great soundtrack. Better than RE4 IMO.
Anyway, welcome to the site. I'd like to recommend CVX too, amazing game. REmake is my personal favorite.
Remake is my favorite too. Granted, some of the music wasn't bad in RE5 in my opinion, I really enjoyed the final battle music, the music when you rescue Jill and the credits music.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Mercy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Cept for the fact that when you get armor it's in a suit of your armor, on top of that an egg is the same size as a grenade launcher, ammo stacks so 50 rounds of handgun ammo is the same size as one egg, so wtf mate?

Top of that if I want an herb from my partner and my inventory is full I have to trade one of my items in order to get an herb and request it back.

The inventory system was crap in RE5 and you couldn't trade weapons with online buddies. What gives?

Not being able to exchange weapons with online partners was to prevent item cloning.

Besides, if you're going to be THAT literal with the inventory then how about this: a green plant or a small key takes as much space as a grenade launcher in all the original RE games. Same was with a stack of about a hundred handgun ammo. It was the exact same as in the "classic" games, only real time.

The only time an item has had a "realistic" size in RE games is in RE4 and even that, where did Leon keep that huge ass case that was able to fit three rocket launchers in it?

Trading items is way better than just discarding them. The only problem was that you couldn't put things down on the ground and pick up again which has only been implemented in Outbreak and Zer0 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:34 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Not being able to exchange weapons with online partners was to prevent item cloning.

Besides, if you're going to be THAT literal with the inventory then how about this: a green plant or a small key takes as much space as a grenade launcher in all the original RE games. Same was with a stack of about a hundred handgun ammo. It was the exact same as in the "classic" games, only real time.

The only time an item has had a "realistic" size in RE games is in RE4 and even that, where did Leon keep that huge ass case that was able to fit three rocket launchers in it?

Trading items is way better than just discarding them. The only problem was that you couldn't put things down on the ground and pick up again which has only been implemented in Outbreak and Zer0 anyway.

Completely agree.

and i hate when anyone says that the REmake was their fav soundtrack like it was much of a soundtrack.

there were hardly any real bgms on it.

and re5 had an awesome ost.
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:43 pm

Yeah, I think REmake and RE4 had a really atmospheric soundtrack but not that great to listen to when you're not playing the game IMO.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:50 pm

ThomVD wrote:
Yeah, I think REmake and RE4 had a really atmospheric soundtrack but not that great to listen to when you're not playing the game IMO.
There you go, thats a really good way to put it.

they each had some memorable tracks, but mostly atmospheric.
Back to top Go down
Trichos
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Trichos

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:51 pm

There's not a lot of positive passion I have for RE4, but the inventory system was by far my favourite out of all REs. Of course it's a dangerous argument to say that the other inventories suck because they're unrealistic – as everyone will have to admit, Leon carrying around a big attache case is just as unrealistic and artificial, also because squares are not necessarily a natural unit of organization.

But I liked it effing much, and it provided me with an opportunity to live out my organizing-my-inventory-according-to-object-classes-and-subclasses OCD.

EDIT: Typos fixed.

Last edited by Trichos on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThomVD
Spec Ops Field Unit
Spec Ops Field Unit
ThomVD

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 3:25 pm

I spend so much time in the RE4 inventory Very Happy . Loved it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:00 pm

RE4's inventory: Making people OCD one person at a time.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 6:59 pm

Welcome top forums, enjoy your stay Smile

here is a BGM from RE5 that will make you think twice Razz
IMO the best theme in the game and most disturbing, shame it wasn't actually used during gameplay, would have went pretty nicely with LIN

Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Spike991 wrote:
RE4's inventory: Making people OCD one person at a time.
I think that's where my OCD started to show when I was younger, because when I first got the game when I was in 3rd or 4th grade and when I picked up shit in the game I wouldn't organize it because I didn't care back then. But later on about a couple months later I started organizing all my shit as soon as I picked it up or bought it and it had to be perfect because if it wasn't it would bother the fuck out of me, and everything else I do in games and in real life is like that.

Overall, yes that inventory system made me OCD.
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?   Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wassup fellow Resident Evil fans?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next