HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it

Go down 
+14
Known_Hero
AWDCP
DXP
Mcghie
Vandal
Nobudy
RebelliousQueen
Ghost Leader
will1234562
White Rock
ChrisRedfieldRE156
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
TeRoR KiD
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 9:09 am

AWDCP wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Well, here's to hoping they start closing plot holes soon. Those are the kinds of things that always piss me off.

Character plot holes are the worst. Where's Barry? Steve? Carlos?
Those were possibly the worst "plot hole" characters you could have thrown in. We know what at least Barry and Steve are up to. Barry is living a quiet life with his family in Canada. Steve is very much dead. Who knows what Carlos is up to, though. Still, he isn't exactly important to the overall story, at least not since Umbrella went down. Sure I would love to see these guys, especially Carlos, again but it's really not relevant storywise.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 9:16 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
AWDCP wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Well, here's to hoping they start closing plot holes soon. Those are the kinds of things that always piss me off.

Character plot holes are the worst. Where's Barry? Steve? Carlos?
Those were possibly the worst "plot hole" characters you could have thrown in. We know what at least Barry and Steve are up to. Barry is living a quiet life with his family in Canada. Steve is very much dead. Who knows what Carlos is up to, though. Still, he isn't exactly important to the overall story, at least not since Umbrella went down. Sure I would love to see these guys, especially Carlos, again but it's really not relevant storywise.

Blame my head and it being finals week. I haven't been around here for so long it feels awkward...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 3:20 am

As I have read your statements. It is very crystal clear that Capcom is blaming us. The Resident Evil fans? First of all it is not our fault that they made such stupid decisions. Did they consult us? Did they ask as about it? No. Never. Whatever is happening to them, we're not involve in it. They we're blaming us cause we we're kept complaining about their games. Which I can say is our right to do so. Capcom is a self-centered gaming company. They never listen to their fans. They didn't care at all. It was like everytime we buy their product we we're expecting good qualities in it. And especially we want to be satisfied, and enjoy. But they kept failing us over and over again. I bet that at the back of their minds they tell us that; 'Why would we bother to this fans? They keep buying our games, that is enough.' It was terrible but it's true. I don't understand why Capcom doesn't want to listen to us. Other gaming companies do this, they reaching out to their fans, asking what they want, and what makes them happy. While Capcom is busy in their own monkey business. And just let their fans grieving, and keep dissapointing them. Resident Evil 6 is nothing but a failure. They thought bringing Jake in the story as Wesker's son will make the series more colorful. They made a wrong move. Now I am not surprise if in the nearest future the other characters had their children's too? We're not dumb as they thought. Clearly they just want the series to become more longer they don't want it to end. They don't care if the storyline is fucked up. Because they already are. We're not the reason for their downfall. As a matter of fact. We, the fans are the main reason why their fucked up Resident Evil game series keeps going. Cause we we're holding on in it. Because of us, their games become more famous. Actually they owe it to us in return. Capcom you are such a greedy company. I pity you.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 3:44 am

I say we dress up as Bane and force them to make a good RE game.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:37 am

PWNERX wrote:
I say we dress up as Bane and force them to make a good RE game.

F#%k yeah! I'm down! Capcom, we are your reckoning! *muffled fake south American accent*

Revelations was a great game; one of my favorite RE titles. It was a perfect blend of survival horror and action. It was a modern day RE game that actually felt like an RE game Shocked 
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 10:42 am

Yes, I'm going to be sitting on my lawn chair right outside Capcom HQ when you actaully go through with this plan. With any plan, really.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 11:13 am

Known_Hero wrote:
Revelations was a great game; one of my favorite RE titles. It was a perfect blend of survival horror and action. It was a modern day RE game that actually felt like an RE game Shocked 
(^_-)d

(that's supposed to be a thumbs up...not sure if it looks like it  Laughing )
Back to top Go down
DXP
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
DXP

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 5:18 am

Vandal wrote:

Well, for one I think The Evil Within is the answer to your last paragraph, and for the most part, I think the parental relationship metaphor is in a different light.

For the most part, yes, Capcom treats us like a bunch of kids, but not only that, they have favorites; they like the kids with a whole lot of money more than they like us, so they'll appeal to those kids rather than the kids who have been loyal and sticking with them from the beginning-- okay, this metaphor kind of just failed. At any rate, you get the gist. They're an parent who says "suck it up, you can enjoy this is Tommy enjoys this." and we're left with a toy that comes out ever several of years and has retard stains over it, but it's better than no toy.

Really can't wait for that game. The thing is capcom sees how many copies of COD has sold so once again they follow that...what they fail to realize that in doing that not only do they end up alienating the main fans that have kept the franchise afloat for so long, they crap over what Resident Evil was by not been innovative with the overall design. The irony is....RE6 flops just like COD: ghosts this year maybe finally people are getting sick of playing the same crap each year.

Dino Crisis suffered a terrible fate when they made 3 xbox exclusive and changed everything that made DC the way it was in the first place...and that is how RE will go if it isn't already in that state already...
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 7:38 am

DXP wrote:
...and that is how RE will go if it isn't already in that state already...

Hardly. DC is dead and buried, sadly, but they are still planning new RE titles. That is to say that RE is still not in that pit of no return. We'll see with the next main title.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:58 am

The hardware limits never stopped the old games from being good, so they should learn to make a totally awesome RE game on current gen consoles that will please fans modern day and veteran. Unfortunately, gaming went Hollywood around 10 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:27 am

White Rock wrote:
The hardware limits never stopped the old games from being good

They didn't but there's no denying that a lot of developers would have done things veeeeeery differently if they had the means to do so. You also have to consider the amount of games that are now so outdated that they are practically unplayable, yet we still played the crap out of them when we were kids. This is because it was all we had. The amount of actually bad games has dropped drastically over the years. The point is, you just gotta go with the flow.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 6:58 am

Capcom should have their programmers and designers bossed around by people like us. But as long as they aren't convinced by AWDCP to bring back Steve.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
White Rock wrote:
The hardware limits never stopped the old games from being good

They didn't but there's no denying that a lot of developers would have done things veeeeeery differently if they had the means to do so. You also have to consider the amount of games that are now so outdated that they are practically unplayable, yet we still played the crap out of them when we were kids. This is because it was all we had. The amount of actually bad games has dropped drastically over the years. The point is, you just gotta go with the flow.
As they say it's nothing personal, it's just business. Companies always try to go for the larger market in order to get bigger profits. As long as CoD/GoW like games are at the top, Capcom will most likely have elements of those games in their RE series.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 5:36 am

Then we need to make them NOT top games. Hard, maybe impossible, but effective. Just like certain anti piracy measures...
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 7:15 am

So Capcom came out with a statment saying that Resident Evil fans are getting old, so they have to change in order to draw in a younger audience:

http://kotaku.com/resident-evil-fanbase-also-old-decaying-capcom-tells-1491248686
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 8:06 am

Capcom, I am very disappoint. There aren't many people over 30 let alone 40 that are on these forums that I know of...so WTF?????
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:42 pm

Hmm so it seems that people from 16 - 35 is now old? So I guess that means it's time to kill off Chris, Leon, Jill, and Claire. And plus I'm not sure why they would say we're "outgrowing games". If we all outgrew games, then we wouldn't have any now would we? Why they said this is beyond me. Rockstar hasn't said anything about their fanbase getting old despite GTA only being a year younger.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Time for my nonsense? We must overtake Capcom, ALA Dark Knight Rises

...well, sort of.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 12:57 am

Keep in mind this isn't Capcom making a statement to it's fans, rather, their investors. Instead of beating around a bush, why not make games people like? Stop thinking like producers and think like creators.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 6:43 am

Vandal wrote:
Keep in mind this isn't Capcom making a statement to it's fans, rather, their investors. Instead of beating around a bush, why not make games people like? Stop thinking like producers and think like creators.

And then, Vandal speaks everyone's mind...except Capcom's.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Vandal wrote:
So Capcom came out with a statment saying that Resident Evil fans are getting old, so they have to change in order to draw in a younger audience:

http://kotaku.com/resident-evil-fanbase-also-old-decaying-capcom-tells-1491248686

Wow. Now what. Resident Evil is just for kids now? What do they going to call to their newer and younger fans. Resident Evil Juniors? Resident Evil Kiddies.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:58 pm

....WTF Capcom. Just, WTF. What next, Rated T? No blood whatsoever? I demand Capcom start making sense NOW.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 2:10 am

The way I see it, if people could complain about the old games (especially since Capcom actually listened to them about the controls and camera), then why shouldn't anyone complain about the new ones? I can accept that they want to release action games, but it has to be a very good action game with it's own identity within the market. If they just ignore conventions of the series, then it better be for a good reason, and not for the sake of making it feel like every other action game.

Vandal wrote:

Didn't they also say something like that about Devil May Cry? This can only end badly.

Also, 21 here, been playing RE since '98 and I actually have money to throw at them now. Too bad they keep making me want to take my money elsewhere.

PWNERX wrote:
....WTF Capcom. Just, WTF. What next, Rated T? No blood whatsoever? I demand Capcom start making sense NOW.
Nah, it just means that it'll be a 7 year old's definition of cool. Like how we got this:

Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 56e

Last edited by 37 Narwhals on Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 am

I believe that a seven year old's definition of cool is anything that can make them shut up. I have one sister. An she don't like things unless she wants those things. And why that gif?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:26 am

If I'm "too old" for Capcom to want my business, fuck'em. Any future Capcom games I buy, I'll just buy used. I get the game, Capcom gets no money.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it   Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do Resident Evil fans need to get over it
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next