Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE5 vs RE6?

Go down 
+12
halestride
Mcghie
Ssplain
Mass Distraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Vandal
Juzie
00biohazard
Shrike
Industrial Ridden
Nobudy
Jamesy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Which did you prefere RE5 or RE6?
RE5
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 Vote_lcap58%RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
RE6
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 Vote_lcap42%RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:38 am

Re5 has more chainsaw. And Barry Burton DLC. Your argument is invalid.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:28 am

Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
I enjoyed RE6! I felt like it was complete. Though i get why survival horror fans didn't like it. It felt more action survival shooter than horror. Though I still don't get why people got so butthurt about it. Gamers these days are so spoiled.
Not spoiled. Deprived. The action shooter community is oversaturated with games, we don't need any more. Resident Evil should be a survival horror title. After all, it was Resident Evil that coined the term.
Hmm. I agree :)Truth be told I never liked shooter games in the first place, esp FPS'. Maybe the reason why i liked RE6 so much is because of the vibe. It got me screaming, And that it also has female protagonists. Without them, I'd be bored to death.

If only more horror elements were brought back. It would've been perfect for me.
Why does gender have to be an issue? I thought the entire game was boring. Repetative, linar, samey, not challenging in the slightest, even on the hardest difficulty. It was all too bland to be the rollercoaster of an epic that Capcom promised through the many trailers they relesed up to the release date. Unfair instakills, unless you have amazing clairvoyance and premonition, ammo heavy firefights, uninspring level design and enemy mechanics. The motives remained unclear, the characters seemed too flat, and too much of a departure from what the series established, the entire thing felt like a really bad fanfic.
I like using female characters. I like Tomb raider because the main protagonist's female. I don't know why. Preference? Maybe because i'm also female. Sometimes i read about guys whining in RE6 about how their friends don't wanna play as Helena or Sherry so then HE'S the one who's stuck to using the females. Personally. I don't really notice the "flaws" you notice. My standards aren't high. I guess it's both a blessing and a curse. Like i enjoy a game so much when for most people the game's actually porcine xD Most of my filipino friends like RE6 too though? If that tells something.
Either the guys you read about are wusses, little kids, or gay, that doesn't happen with my friends when we play Resident Evil 5 & 6. Somehow, I'm not buying that. Girls are almost glorified in gaming. Tomb Raider was awesome either way you look at it, male or female.

To each their own, if you have incredibly low standards I guess you can enjoy more things in life than me. That's what happens when you have extremely high standards for a bad game.
Of course Tomb Raider was amazing overall. I'm just saying i liked it even BETTER because the lead is a girl.
That i can relate to. LOL, "incredibly low standards"? You're too O.A hahaha! I'm just likely to be content with what is served at me. What's done is done already. Might as well take it Smile
Well in Mass Effect you can choose to be male or female, and I know guys who chose to be female because they're into that sort of thing.

Well there's nothing wrong with some criticism. I thoroughly enjoyed Resident Evil Revelations, but I had to point out the flaws the game had and the problems when I posted it somewhere here.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:00 pm

The gif person is bizarre as fuck. Just sayin'. Also, video game industry is not ready for a well-developed female lead. Yet. There are not enough hardcore gamer girls. Most of the female leads are pretty shallow as a result. Besides, the writers usually turn around to male lead because they are 99% of the time males themselves and their audience is mostly male.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 1:52 pm

Shrike wrote:
The gif person is bizarre as fuck. Just sayin'. Also, video game industry is not ready for a well-developed female lead. Yet. There are not enough hardcore gamer girls. Most of the female leads are pretty shallow as a result. Besides, the writers usually turn around to male lead because they are 99% of the time males themselves and their audience is mostly male.
Well Samus Aran is a strong female lead. So is Jill Valentine. There are a ton of female leads.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:37 pm

Vandal wrote:

Well Samus Aran is a strong female lead. So is Jill Valentine. There are a ton of female leads.

Sure, and there are a few more. But when I say developed I don't mean heroine type of person, but James (Silent Hill 2) type of person. Most people won't get what I am saying, I know, but I will try to explain: a female lead where we are sent deep into her psyche where she is far from heroic and first and foremost deals with being human, and then killing monsters or whatever is the game about. I know there are some good female leads out there (hell, Jill is one of my favorite characters from any game ever). Zoe Castillo, April Ryan, etc. All good protagonists. However, as I said, there are too few of them, and the real deal is just not ready yet.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
I enjoyed RE6! I felt like it was complete. Though i get why survival horror fans didn't like it. It felt more action survival shooter than horror. Though I still don't get why people got so butthurt about it. Gamers these days are so spoiled.
Not spoiled. Deprived. The action shooter community is oversaturated with games, we don't need any more. Resident Evil should be a survival horror title. After all, it was Resident Evil that coined the term.
Hmm. I agree :)Truth be told I never liked shooter games in the first place, esp FPS'. Maybe the reason why i liked RE6 so much is because of the vibe. It got me screaming, And that it also has female protagonists. Without them, I'd be bored to death.

If only more horror elements were brought back. It would've been perfect for me.
Why does gender have to be an issue? I thought the entire game was boring. Repetative, linar, samey, not challenging in the slightest, even on the hardest difficulty. It was all too bland to be the rollercoaster of an epic that Capcom promised through the many trailers they relesed up to the release date. Unfair instakills, unless you have amazing clairvoyance and premonition, ammo heavy firefights, uninspring level design and enemy mechanics. The motives remained unclear, the characters seemed too flat, and too much of a departure from what the series established, the entire thing felt like a really bad fanfic.
I like using female characters. I like Tomb raider because the main protagonist's female. I don't know why. Preference? Maybe because i'm also female. Sometimes i read about guys whining in RE6 about how their friends don't wanna play as Helena or Sherry so then HE'S the one who's stuck to using the females. Personally. I don't really notice the "flaws" you notice. My standards aren't high. I guess it's both a blessing and a curse. Like i enjoy a game so much when for most people the game's actually porcine xD Most of my filipino friends like RE6 too though? If that tells something.
Either the guys you read about are wusses, little kids, or gay, that doesn't happen with my friends when we play Resident Evil 5 & 6. Somehow, I'm not buying that. Girls are almost glorified in gaming. Tomb Raider was awesome either way you look at it, male or female.

To each their own, if you have incredibly low standards I guess you can enjoy more things in life than me. That's what happens when you have extremely high standards for a bad game.
Of course Tomb Raider was amazing overall. I'm just saying i liked it even BETTER because the lead is a girl.
That i can relate to. LOL, "incredibly low standards"? You're too O.A hahaha! I'm just likely to be content with what is served at me. What's done is done already. Might as well take it Smile
Well in Mass Effect you can choose to be male or female, and I know guys who chose to be female because they're into that sort of thing.

Well there's nothing wrong with some criticism. I thoroughly enjoyed Resident Evil Revelations, but I had to point out the flaws the game had and the problems when I posted it somewhere here.

lol! I know alot of guys who likes to play as girls too :)I like games where you can choose to be what gender you prefer. Like Skyrim and the likes. I dislike GTA cause you can't choose to be a girl. Though i'm not saying i dislike every game where you couldn't play as female. It's just a matter of preference for me, I guess. When i read about a certain "flaw" of a game though. I can't help but notice it too. So it sorta ruins the 'fun' a little, For me.

Shrike wrote:
The gif person is bizarre as fuck. Just sayin'.

RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 Blair-deal-with-it-o_zps9160ad52

Hahaha! "Love me or hate me, I'm still better than you."

Last edited by Paperface* on Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:29 pm

I think the reason none of the GTA protagonists aren't female is because it might bring up even more controversy than it has now. Especially if we had a female protagonist for San Andreas.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 10:45 pm

Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Sure, and there are a few more. But when I say developed I don't mean heroine type of person, but James (Silent Hill 2) type of person. Most people won't get what I am saying, I know, but I will try to explain: a female lead where we are sent deep into her psyche where she is far from heroic and first and foremost deals with being human, and then killing monsters or whatever is the game about. I know there are some good female leads out there (hell, Jill is one of my favorite characters from any game ever). Zoe Castillo, April Ryan, etc. All good protagonists. However, as I said, there are too few of them, and the real deal is just not ready yet.
I'm assuming you haven't played the Tomb Raider reboot yet.

@Paperface: there are a ton of reasons why one doesn't like GTA, but not being able to play a female if a first if I ever heard that. Not liking a game because of gender equality is really pety if you ask me. Sexist even.

Also, this quote right here:

Paperface wrote:
I know alot of guys who likes to play as girls too I like games where you can choose to be what gender you prefer. Like Skyrim and the likes. I dislike GTA cause you can't choose to be a girl.
Proves my point. No one would ever complain about playing as Helena or Sherry, because Helena's ass is huge, and Sherry is the definition of puberty done right. So the quote below:

Paperface wrote:
Sometimes i read about guys whining in RE6 about how their friends don't wanna play as Helena or Sherry so then HE'S the one who's stuck to using the females.

If you want me to believe this, you'll have to back up your claim with a source.

Agreeing with Nobudy here, GTA with female protagonists is a move, I don't want to see Rockstar making woth their franchise. For some it works, but for those special cases, it just doesnt. Not GTA.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:26 am

Vandal wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I'm assuming you haven't played the Tomb Raider reboot yet.

@Paperface: there are a ton of reasons why one doesn't like GTA, but not being able to play a female if a first if I ever heard that. Not liking a game because of gender equality is really pety if you ask me. Sexist even.

Also, this quote right here:

Paperface wrote:
I know alot of guys who likes to play as girls too I like games where you can choose to be what gender you prefer. Like Skyrim and the likes. I dislike GTA cause you can't choose to be a girl.
Proves my point. No one would ever complain about playing as Helena or Sherry, because Helena's ass is huge, and Sherry is the definition of puberty done right. So the quote below:

Paperface wrote:
Sometimes i read about guys whining in RE6 about how their friends don't wanna play as Helena or Sherry so then HE'S the one who's stuck to using the females.

If you want me to believe this, you'll have to back up your claim with a source.

Agreeing with Nobudy here, GTA with female protagonists is a move, I don't want to see Rockstar making woth their franchise. For some it works, but for those special cases, it just doesnt. Not GTA.

It's not my fault I like a game when the main characters is someone who I can relate to. Or that it is a huge reason why i like a certain game. Why do we, as gamers buy a game? To enjoy, To play.
I don't take gaming to seriously as to say I'm sexist for not liking a game just because the main leads a guy. I don't enjoy the game that's all. Doesn't make me a bad person, Does it?
I'm also not saying EVERY game has to have gender equality.
All i'm saying is I enjoy a game when a female character has lots of parts in the plot. It's like when you enjoy RE4 because it's plot is simpler, and not complexed like RE6, It's what you 'prefer'.

As for the post where you don't believe me yet. I don't really care if you believe me or not. I don't really have the time to look it up and find the post, All i remember is that it's from another forum. It's your choice to believe me or not. I won't benefit from it anyway's.

RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 Tumblr_lvp3pep7XM1r391r8_zps25fcd87f

EDIT: @KNOWN HERO. I agree with you xD I liked the minigame at GTA though where it gets 2 player mode and that the 2 player is using the stripper civilian. I like what i like. To each his own.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:38 pm

So you're just another member who makes up sources to back up claims. Not a good practice; just saying.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:59 am

Paperface* wrote:
It's not my fault I like a game when the main characters is someone who I can relate to.
The character doesn't need to be gender specific so you could relate to them. They need to be well written. There have been female characters I have been able to relate to, despite them being of different gender.

Plus, considering how GTA is, you would have to write a whole new plot for that female character in order for her to fit in the game. A simple "choose your gender" doesn't work with those games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 8:19 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
It's not my fault I like a game when the main characters is someone who I can relate to.
The character doesn't need to be gender specific so you could relate to them. They need to be well written. There have been female characters I have been able to relate to, despite them being of different gender.

Plus, considering how GTA is, you would have to write a whole new plot for that female character in order for her to fit in the game. A simple "choose your gender" doesn't work with those games.
Exactly, same here. There are a ton of female characters I relate to. Not because of their gender, but because of the character as a whole.

Plus, GTA isn't exactly like Pokemon: where that makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE5 vs RE6?
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: