Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE5 vs RE6?

Go down 
+12
halestride
Mcghie
Ssplain
Mass Distraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Vandal
Juzie
00biohazard
Shrike
Industrial Ridden
Nobudy
Jamesy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which did you prefere RE5 or RE6?
RE5
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 Vote_lcap58%RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
RE6
RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 Vote_lcap42%RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:23 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
@Mass, the story was kind of hard for me to follow, since I really didn't have a clear indication why Chris was in Africa in the first place, where in Resident Evil 4, Leon says it in the first cutscene. It does have replayability, but not as much as I think Resident Evil 4 has.
From what I hear, he was in Africa because of some Black Market stuff going on. Why they didn't use the B.S.A.A West African Branch is beyond me. True they had Delta and Alpha, but they were the Redshirt teams bar Josh. And even then, they originally planned to kill him.
I just feel that someone shouldn't even have to explain it. Story should be weaved into the narrative, not hidden. That's why other games like Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw are so simple to understand and I prefer a story more akin to that. I don't get Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 6 is even worse.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 9:32 am

Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
@Mass, the story was kind of hard for me to follow, since I really didn't have a clear indication why Chris was in Africa in the first place, where in Resident Evil 4, Leon says it in the first cutscene. It does have replayability, but not as much as I think Resident Evil 4 has.
From what I hear, he was in Africa because of some Black Market stuff going on. Why they didn't use the B.S.A.A West African Branch is beyond me. True they had Delta and Alpha, but they were the Redshirt teams bar Josh. And even then, they originally planned to kill him.
He took that job because he had gotten some information that Jill might be there. I do agree with both of you, they should've explained it better in the beginning. Still, I do enjoy it and it doesn't bother me, personally, all that much.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 11:08 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
He took that job because he had gotten some information that Jill might be there. I do agree with both of you, they should've explained it better in the beginning. Still, I do enjoy it and it doesn't bother me, personally, all that much.
Same here. But I thought he got the info during ch 2-3. Then again, I never watch the opening cutscene alot.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:53 am

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Same here. But I thought he got the info during ch 2-3. Then again, I never watch the opening cutscene alot.
I felt that was the case too. We get this information on Jill later in the game and it confused me. I thought the main villain was Wesker, what was Irving's part in this? And if you didn't watch the trailer's you would think it was about Irvin until he gets killed off halfway through.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:55 am

^So what? Wesker being there should have been a surprise anyway. It's really stupid to get the whole story at the beginning and to explain everything at the very beginning. RE5 should have done some things differently, but the story was still a lot better then 4 and 6 combined (beside the whole Wesker wants to destroy the world thing).
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 12:46 pm

Shrike wrote:
^So what? Wesker being there should have been a surprise anyway. It's really stupid to get the whole story at the beginning and to explain everything at the very beginning. RE5 should have done some things differently, but the story was still a lot better then 4 and 6 combined (beside the whole Wesker wants to destroy the world thing).
Chris shouldn't have been surprised that Wesker survived considering he thought that Jill was alive. I don't think Wesker wanted to outright destroy the world. He wanted to "evolutionize" the population, but regardless, kill off most of the population. His plan reminds me of the "Evil" Ending of inFamous 2 with the only possibly known survivors would be Albert, Jake, and maybe Alex if he/she's still alive.
Back to top Go down
halestride
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 1:18 am

I like how you can move and shoot in re6 and the melee system but i still prefer re5.
Back to top Go down
http://gamergeneration.forumotion.com/
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:54 am

Nobudy wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Chris shouldn't have been surprised that Wesker survived considering he thought that Jill was alive. I don't think Wesker wanted to outright destroy the world. He wanted to "evolutionize" the population, but regardless, kill off most of the population. His plan reminds me of the "Evil" Ending of inFamous 2 with the only possibly known survivors would be Albert, Jake, and maybe Alex if he/she's still alive.
That's actually a great point, if he expected to see Jill without Wesker the Japanese storytelling is a little worse than I thought.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:31 am

Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Shrike wrote:
That's actually a great point, if he expected to see Jill without Wesker the Japanese storytelling is a little worse than I thought.
Honestly, we shouldn't have been shown Jill, her headstone, or Wesker until we played the game. The revelation of Jill's "death" and reappearance would have had much more impact.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:43 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Honestly, we shouldn't have been shown Jill, her headstone, or Wesker until we played the game. The revelation of Jill's "death" and reappearance would have had much more impact.

Indeed. The first time I saw the trailer I was thinking, surely they would not kill Jill off screen. I never believed she was dead from the start. I will admit, for a little while I did think the bird lady was Sherry. At the time I thought she was still being held by Wesker, so it would have made perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:08 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Shrike wrote:
Yeah, I just don't like that they killed her off and brought her back in the same game.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Wesker
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Patrick Wesker

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:16 pm

IMO, the story in RE 5 was easy to follow. Chris and Sheva came in to sort out black market BOWs, that were sold by Irving. They meet Josh, and he shows Chris pictures of Jill alive. They try to find her, find her and then Wesker shows up. They quickly figure out that he (as usual) is up to no good, and stops him.

You can say what you want about Weskers plan, as complete and utter insanity is usually not part of the deal when it comes to him. The earth would be destroyed, a few survivors would emerge, and they would quite possibly slowly starve to death. Poor performance indeed. I expected more from you after all this time, Albert.

I wonder if the over-the-top cheesiness like "I just had an extreme makeover!" was put in simply because it was a RE game... Though it never really cracks me up as Barrys "Jill sandwich"-line did (and still does).
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:30 pm

There was that achievement/trophy named "Masters of removing."
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:55 pm

Patrick Wesker wrote:
IMO, the story in RE 5 was easy to follow. Chris and Sheva came in to sort out black market BOWs, that were sold by Irving. They meet Josh, and he shows Chris pictures of Jill alive. They try to find her, find her and then Wesker shows up. They quickly figure out that he (as usual) is up to no good, and stops him.

You can say what you want about Weskers plan, as complete and utter insanity is usually not part of the deal when it comes to him. The earth would be destroyed, a few survivors would emerge, and they would quite possibly slowly starve to death. Poor performance indeed. I expected more from you after all this time, Albert.

I wonder if the over-the-top cheesiness like "I just had an extreme makeover!" was put in simply because it was a RE game... Though it never really cracks me up as Barrys "Jill sandwich"-line did (and still does).
Resident Evil 4 is easier to follow without having you jump through hoops. It wasn't flipping the tables and focusing on different things mid-game like Resident Evil 5 was.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:40 am

The game should have started with Lost in Nightmares as the true first chapter, then continued on like it did. The trailers should've been more cryptic too, like the original trailer was. Only show shadows and Chris (and maybe Sheva) fighting off enemies, then finish with a glimpse of a boss mutant.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:56 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The game should have started with Lost in Nightmares as the true first chapter, then continued on like it did. The trailers should've been more cryptic too, like the original trailer was. Only show shadows and Chris (and maybe Sheva) fighting off enemies, then finish with a glimpse of a boss mutant.
The plan was actually for Lost in Nightmares to happen while Chris was explaining it to Sheva, then they ran into a programming error where you still had the same weapons as you were in Africa, since that wouldn't make any sense, they saved it for DLC.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 7:58 am

Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
The plan was actually for Lost in Nightmares to happen while Chris was explaining it to Sheva, then they ran into a programming error where you still had the same weapons as you were in Africa, since that wouldn't make any sense, they saved it for DLC.
Or they could have just adjusted the programming. I don't mind if my games are delayed, as long as they are at least released within the promised year.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 8:06 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Or they could have just adjusted the programming. I don't mind if my games are delayed, as long as they are at least released within the promised year.
They could have, but I just settled with the fact that Capcom isn't filled with innovative ideas and would much rather play it safe with the market.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 3:22 am

I enjoyed RE6! I felt like it was complete. Though i get why survival horror fans didn't like it. It felt more action survival than horror. Though I still don't get why people got so butthurt about it. Gamers these days are so spoiled.

RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 Tumblr_me9eogRXvp1rbnze2o1_500_zps23fa9c78
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 7:05 am

Paperface* wrote:
I enjoyed RE6! I felt like it was complete. Though i get why survival horror fans didn't like it. It felt more action survival shooter than horror. Though I still don't get why people got so butthurt about it. Gamers these days are so spoiled.
Not spoiled. Deprived. The action shooter community is oversaturated with games, we don't need any more. Resident Evil should be a survival horror title. After all, it was Resident Evil that coined the term.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:04 am

Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
I enjoyed RE6! I felt like it was complete. Though i get why survival horror fans didn't like it. It felt more action survival shooter than horror. Though I still don't get why people got so butthurt about it. Gamers these days are so spoiled.
Not spoiled. Deprived. The action shooter community is oversaturated with games, we don't need any more. Resident Evil should be a survival horror title. After all, it was Resident Evil that coined the term.

Hmm. I agree :)Truth be told I never liked shooter games in the first place, esp FPS'. Maybe the reason why i liked RE6 so much is because of the vibe. It got me screaming, And that it also has female protagonists. Without them, I'd be bored to death.

RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 Tumblr_m6e938Vdqr1rri87i_zpsa2a089f9

If only more horror elements were brought back. It would've been perfect for me.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:20 am

Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Hmm. I agree :)Truth be told I never liked shooter games in the first place, esp FPS'. Maybe the reason why i liked RE6 so much is because of the vibe. It got me screaming, And that it also has female protagonists. Without them, I'd be bored to death.

If only more horror elements were brought back. It would've been perfect for me.
Why does gender have to be an issue? I thought the entire game was boring. Repetative, linar, samey, not challenging in the slightest, even on the hardest difficulty. It was all too bland to be the rollercoaster of an epic that Capcom promised through the many trailers they relesed up to the release date. Unfair instakills, unless you have amazing clairvoyance and premonition, ammo heavy firefights, uninspring level design and enemy mechanics. The motives remained unclear, the characters seemed too flat, and too much of a departure from what the series established, the entire thing felt like a really bad fanfic.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:33 am

Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:

Why does gender have to be an issue? I thought the entire game was boring. Repetative, linar, samey, not challenging in the slightest, even on the hardest difficulty. It was all too bland to be the rollercoaster of an epic that Capcom promised through the many trailers they relesed up to the release date. Unfair instakills, unless you have amazing clairvoyance and premonition, ammo heavy firefights, uninspring level design and enemy mechanics. The motives remained unclear, the characters seemed too flat, and too much of a departure from what the series established, the entire thing felt like a really bad fanfic.

I like using female characters. I like Tomb raider because the main protagonist's female. I don't know why. Preference? Maybe because i'm also female. Sometimes i read about guys whining in RE6 about how their friends don't wanna play as Helena or Sherry so then HE'S the one who's stuck to using the females. Personally. I don't really notice the "flaws" you notice. My standards aren't high. I guess it's both a blessing and a curse. Like i enjoy a game so much when for most people the game's actually porcine xD Most of my filipino friends like RE6 too though? If that tells something.

RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 2woezw6_zpsc3f3afcf
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 8:56 am

Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:

I like using female characters. I like Tomb raider because the main protagonist's female. I don't know why. Preference? Maybe because i'm also female. Sometimes i read about guys whining in RE6 about how their friends don't wanna play as Helena or Sherry so then HE'S the one who's stuck to using the females. Personally. I don't really notice the "flaws" you notice. My standards aren't high. I guess it's both a blessing and a curse. Like i enjoy a game so much when for most people the game's actually porcine xD Most of my filipino friends like RE6 too though? If that tells something.
Either the guys you read about are wusses, little kids, or gay, that doesn't happen with my friends when we play Resident Evil 5 & 6. Somehow, I'm not buying that. Girls are almost glorified in gaming. Tomb Raider was awesome either way you look at it, male or female.

To each their own, if you have incredibly low standards I guess you can enjoy more things in life than me. That's what happens when you have extremely high standards for a bad game.
Back to top Go down
Paperface*
Zombie
Zombie
Paperface*

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 9:24 am

Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Paperface* wrote:

Either the guys you read about are wusses, little kids, or gay, that doesn't happen with my friends when we play Resident Evil 5 & 6. Somehow, I'm not buying that. Girls are almost glorified in gaming. Tomb Raider was awesome either way you look at it, male or female.

To each their own, if you have incredibly low standards I guess you can enjoy more things in life than me. That's what happens when you have extremely high standards for a bad game.

Of course Tomb Raider was amazing overall. I'm just saying i liked it even BETTER because the lead is a girl.
That i can relate to. LOL, "incredibly low standards"? You're too O.A hahaha! I'm just likely to be content with what is served at me. What's done is done already. Might as well take it Smile

RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 Tumblr_inline_mqid3cC52N1qz4rgp_zpsea5d02b7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

RE5 vs RE6?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: