Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
RE5 vs RE6? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
RE5 vs RE6? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
RE5 vs RE6? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
RE5 vs RE6? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
RE5 vs RE6? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

RE5 vs RE6?

Go down 
+12
halestride
Mcghie
Ssplain
Mass Distraction
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Vandal
Juzie
00biohazard
Shrike
Industrial Ridden
Nobudy
Jamesy
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Which did you prefere RE5 or RE6?
RE5
RE5 vs RE6? Vote_lcap58%RE5 vs RE6? Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
RE6
RE5 vs RE6? Vote_lcap42%RE5 vs RE6? Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:45 pm

Am I the only one who thought that Resident Evil 6 was more interesting and entertaining to play that Resident Evil 5?  Of course RE4 and Revelations were better than both these games but I for one thought Resident Evil 6 was more enjoyable experience than Resident Evil 5.  I am probably in the minority for liking RE6 more though.

Which did you find more enjoyable? Both RE5 and RE6 are mediocre experiences.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Am I the only one who thought that Resident Evil 6 was more interesting and entertaining to play that Resident Evil 5?  Of course RE4 and Revelations were better than both these games but I for one thought Resident Evil 6 was more enjoyable experience than Resident Evil 5.  I am probably in the minority for liking RE6 more though.

Which did you find more enjoyable?
In some ways I like 6 more in terms of mechanics and even more characters. I like 5's story better though.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 2:50 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Which did you find more enjoyable?
In some ways I like 6 more in terms of mechanics and even more characters. I like 5's story better though.

There is so much action sequences crammed into the RE6 campaigns that it made it an overall more fun game.

YES RE5 had a more coherent plot than RE6.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:01 pm

UPDATE TO MY LAST VIDEO: I actually like RE6 more now than RE5. I just love seeing Leon and Chris in the same game, not to mention my new favorite character (Jake). Sadly, my old favorite character died (Wesker). I still like Leon's hair.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 3:06 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
UPDATE TO MY LAST VIDEO: I actually like RE6 more now than RE5. I just love seeing Leon and Chris in the same game, not to mention my new favorite character (Jake). Sadly, my old favorite character died (Wesker). I still like Leon's hair.

My fave character was Piers.  Did you think he was a good character?

Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:07 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Industrial Ridden wrote:

He was alright IMO. I didn't like him much at first but I grew to like him over time and I didn't want him to get left behind at the end. But yeah, he's "alright".
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 4:29 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Industrial Ridden wrote:

He was alright IMO. I didn't like him much at first but I grew to like him over time and I didn't want him to get left behind at the end. But yeah, he's "alright".

Kinda reminds you of a 1998 Chris Redfield doesn't he?
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:38 pm

RE5 by far, it's not even funny how much it's superior. Sure you might like locations and cutscenes from 6 more, but RE5 knew what it wanted to be. You had tons of weapons and upgrades and very balanced gameplay and EXCELLENT mechanics, which are all missing in RE6. Not to mention all the bullshit with QTEs and random galloping plot which made no sense whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Shrike wrote:
RE5 by far, it's not even funny how much it's superior. Sure you might like locations and cutscenes from 6 more, but RE5 knew what it wanted to be. You had tons of weapons and upgrades and very balanced gameplay and EXCELLENT mechanics, which are all missing in RE6. Not to mention all the bullshit with QTEs and random galloping plot which made no sense whatsoever.
The only thing I'd change about RE5 is adding some mechanics from 6. Since it was more action focused than 4, I was hoping we'd be able to move and shoot along with dodge rolling without a QTE.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Nobudy wrote:

The only thing I'd change about RE5 is adding some mechanics from 6. Since it was more action focused than 4, I was hoping we'd be able to move and shoot along with dodge rolling without a QTE.

That's what actually made the mechanics worse. An uprompted physical attacks etc. It made the game a mess. Fuck freedom of movement if you are moving like clown in a weird style and environment seems completely out of place (giving you the freedom of movement yet making you follow some stupid "rules" of the game like tripping on corpses and covering your eyes from lightning etc etc etc).

RE2 had simpler mechanic then RE3, for example, and it is, in some ways, better. Sure there is no the legendary 180 turn, but the dodge system that RE3 introduced... hardly anyone figured out how EXACTLY does it work. Sure you dodge some things sometimes, and it's really fun (especially when Jill makes a squatting stance and shoots real fast thanks to the dodge, because you can't do that otherwise), but was it implemented very well? Hardly. I love RE3, but I think that the one thing it should have been more... defined, it was the dodge. Revelations was even worse with the dodge.

RE5 mechanic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RE6 mechanic.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 6:46 pm

Shrike wrote:

You can purchase skill points in 6

To be honest most of the locations/settings in RE5 were boring and left little to the imagination unlike RE4 which had stunning settings. That said RE5 is a great game if you want to learn about the origins of the T virus, Spencer and history of resident evil etc etc. Sadly the settings (especially in the early parts) spoil the game.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Shrike wrote:

To be honest most of the locations/settings in RE5 were boring and left little to the imagination unlike RE4 which had stunning settings.  That said RE5 is a great game if you want to learn about the origins of the T virus, Spencer and history of resident evil etc etc.  Sadly the settings (especially in the early parts) spoil the game.

Why exactly do the early setting of the game spoil it?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySat Jul 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Shrike wrote:
Nobudy wrote:

That's what actually made the mechanics worse. An uprompted physical attacks etc. It made the game a mess. Fuck freedom of movement if you are moving like clown in a weird style and environment seems completely out of place (giving you the freedom of movement yet making you follow some stupid "rules" of the game like tripping on corpses and covering your eyes from lightning etc etc etc).

RE2 had simpler mechanic then RE3, for example, and it is, in some ways, better. Sure there is no the legendary 180 turn, but the dodge system that RE3 introduced... hardly anyone figured out how EXACTLY does it work. Sure you dodge some things sometimes, and it's really fun (especially when Jill makes a squatting stance and shoots real fast thanks to the dodge, because you can't do that otherwise), but was it implemented very well? Hardly. I love RE3, but I think that the one thing it should have been more... defined, it was the dodge. Revelations was even worse with the dodge.

RE5 mechanic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RE6 mechanic.
So taking out the QTE requirement to dodge a simple attack is bad? I didn't mention tripping over bodies nor unprompted physical attacks. Though in the case of free melee, the B.S.A.A doesn't run the risk of infection via bites/scratches with the added fact that many of these guys use attacks that could easily be countered by people like them. I'm sure Chris and Sheva did some of these things when fighting Majini. But I really don't see how free movement ruins the game. Imagine us living our lives with tank like movement. Whatever floats your boat I guess. I'm not one to disrespect your opinion.
Back to top Go down
Juzie
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Juzie

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 12:52 am

I liked the presentation and characters soo much more in RE6 it's not funny. The game has a bunch of flaws but with improvements that game had so much more potential than RE5 ever had. I think RE5 was a much more polished product than RE6 but just wasn't that good. RE6 developed some of my favourite RE characters. There isn't a character I honestly can say I loved in RE5. Jake, Sherry and Piers were all freaking awesome. The only exception being the ridiculous boss fight with Jake going Kung Fu on that Nemesis wannabe. I also never been big on Chris (Cept maybe in RE1) but I think he was way better in RE6 than RE5 and Leon was just Leon. Helena was probably as terrible as Sheva though.

I actually liked the African setting at first, it wasn't scary but it was different. It did kind of get bland after a while though.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:55 am

Juzie wrote:
I liked the presentation and characters soo much more in RE6 it's not funny. The game has a bunch of flaws but with improvements that game had so much more potential than RE5 ever had. I think RE5 was a much more polished product than RE6 but just wasn't that good. RE6 developed some of my favourite RE characters. There isn't a character I honestly can say I loved in RE5. Jake, Sherry and Piers were all freaking awesome. The only exception being the ridiculous boss fight with Jake going Kung Fu on that Nemesis wannabe. I also never been big on Chris (Cept maybe in RE1) but I think he was way better in RE6 than RE5 and Leon was just Leon. Helena was probably as terrible as Sheva though.

I actually liked the African setting at first, it wasn't scary but it was different. It did kind of get bland after a while though.
Come to think of it, if REmake was a more polished version of 1, 3 being a more polished version of 2, and 5 being a more polished version of 4, what if 7 becomes a more polished version of 6 especially since 7 might be on the newer consoles.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 2:05 am

They're both inferior to Resident Evil 4.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 3:05 am

Nobudy wrote:

So taking out the QTE requirement to dodge a simple attack is bad? I didn't mention tripping over bodies nor unprompted physical attacks. Though in the case of free melee, the B.S.A.A doesn't run the risk of infection via bites/scratches with the added fact that many of these guys use attacks that could easily be countered by people like them. I'm sure Chris and Sheva did some of these things when fighting Majini. But I really don't see how free movement ruins the game. Imagine us living our lives with tank like movement. Whatever floats your boat I guess. I'm not one to disrespect your opinion.

I know you didn't, I wasn't directly talking about your post, but the mechanic overall. QTE is actually a huge part of the mechanics, especially in RE6. I agree that it's better to dodge on your own then have a QTE to do so, but RE6 design and movement just feel out of place, because you are always in a huge rush to even see where the hell are you and, for example, use the environment for your advantage like you did in RE4 (climb up to where they need to climb up the ladder to reach you, and you just shoot them down), whereas 5 was precise and knew what it wanted to be. A huge part of RE6 is also you losing control of your character every 2 mins because they thought they are so awesome they could make a movie-like experience. Which is horrible. Let me explain. Nobody wondered why Carlos left you to "search for clues" or whatever in RE3, for example. Naturally, splitting up would be stupid, but you thought of RE3 as a video game, and didn't mind such things. RE6 tries to be a movie, fails in it, and fails as a Resident Evil game overall.

Vandal wrote:

This is, sadly, true.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:46 am

00biohazard wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Shrike wrote:

To be honest most of the locations/settings in RE5 were boring and left little to the imagination unlike RE4 which had stunning settings.  That said RE5 is a great game if you want to learn about the origins of the T virus, Spencer and history of resident evil etc etc.  Sadly the settings (especially in the early parts) spoil the game.

Because there not scary and its all in daylight
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 10:44 am

Jamesy wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Shrike wrote:

Because there not scary and its all in daylight
For the first two chapter at least. But you don't need to set all horror games at night. If done right, it can still be day.

Shrike wrote:
I know you didn't, I wasn't directly talking about your post, but the mechanic overall. QTE is actually a huge part of the mechanics, especially in RE6. I agree that it's better to dodge on your own then have a QTE to do so, but RE6 design and movement just feel out of place, because you are always in a huge rush to even see where the hell are you and, for example, use the environment for your advantage like you did in RE4 (climb up to where they need to climb up the ladder to reach you, and you just shoot them down), whereas 5 was precise and knew what it wanted to be. A huge part of RE6 is also you losing control of your character every 2 mins because they thought they are so awesome they could make a movie-like experience. Which is horrible. Let me explain. Nobody wondered why Carlos left you to "search for clues" or whatever in RE3, for example. Naturally, splitting up would be stupid, but you thought of RE3 as a video game, and didn't mind such things. RE6 tries to be a movie, fails in it, and fails as a Resident Evil game overall.
Come to think of it, one of the things I didn't like about RE6 besides Ada and the cobbled Simmons' fights was said scripted events and forced walking.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 am

Something about RE6 just seemed to be missing?
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 11:25 am

Jamesy wrote:
Actually some stuff needs to be taken out.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 1:15 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Like what?
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 3:39 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Like what?

Most of Leon's campaign. His campaign didn't have much relevance after reaching China. Sherry and Jake had the antibodies, check. Chris and Piers pursued the visible face of Neo Umbrella, stopped the missiles from shooting all over the world and contained the outbreak only to Lanshiang, and rescued the ones who had the antibodies, check. Ada had the proof to stop Simmons and knew Carla Radames was her impostor, check. Leon.... had two mediocre revenge plots and told Chris that Jake and Sherry were kidnapped? I fail to see his grand relevance.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

Like what?
Although I don't mind QTEs in general, some of them were unnecessary. Ada as well. Or atleast they could go into her goals a bit more.

00biohazard wrote:
Most of Leon's campaign. His campaign didn't have much relevance after reaching China. Sherry and Jake had the antibodies, check. Chris and Piers pursued the visible face of Neo Umbrella, stopped the missiles from shooting all over the world and contained the outbreak only to Lanshiang, and rescued the ones who had the antibodies, check. Ada had the proof to stop Simmons and knew Carla Radames was her impostor, check. Leon.... had two mediocre revenge plots and told Chris that Jake and Sherry were kidnapped? I fail to see his grand relevance.
That's another thing I didn't Like, Leon was perfectly ok with getting revenge on his friend's killer, but yet when Chris tries to get revenge on the woman responsible for the Lanshiang outbreak, Edonia outbreak, the deaths of Chris team, leader of Neo-Umbrella, and more importantly, the creator of the fucking C-Virus, the reason this game exists in the first place, Leon fights Chris to stop him from killing her. What blue Ada did was far worse than Simmons, she would have to destroyed the world with Haos had it not been for Chris and Piers. That's one of the things I don't like about the Leon Ada thing. He claims that bio0terrorist need to be put down, but when it's Ada, he goes all "Do the right thing." to Chris and then he gets more emotional than when Adam died when she does "die".
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? EmptySun Jul 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Shrike wrote:

Vandal wrote:

This is, sadly, true.
How is it sad? I still find myself playing that game after all these years, a good game is a good game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RE5 vs RE6? Empty
PostSubject: Re: RE5 vs RE6?   RE5 vs RE6? Empty

Back to top Go down

RE5 vs RE6?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: