HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!

Go down 
+5
Mass Distraction
SuperMasterGamer
Nobudy
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! Empty
PostSubject: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 11:37 am

Why is it that in RE5 and RE6 your partner cannot use grenades against enemies on single player mode?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:04 pm

Probably because they are too valuable so Capcom made it to where only the player gets to choose when to use them.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 12:26 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Probably because they are too valuable so Capcom made it to where only the player gets to choose when to use them.

True but when you upgrade all your weapons or get some kickass guns they became much less valuable.

ps wasn't it shitty of Capcom to disable the pause option in RE6?Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:32 pm

Jamesy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

True but when you upgrade all your weapons or get some kickass guns they became much less valuable.

ps wasn't it shitty of Capcom to disable the pause option in RE6?Evil or Very Mad 
It would be annoying if you were hit by A. I thrown grenades. They should say "grebade" before throwing. And you can pause in 6. But only if you're playing offline. I mean offline offline.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

It would be annoying if you were hit by A. I thrown grenades. They should say "grebade" before throwing. And you can pause in 6. But only if you're playing offline.  I mean offline offline.

Yes but even when you do pause in Resident Evil 6 your character just sits on the floor and you still get attacked by enemies.
Back to top Go down
SuperMasterGamer
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
SuperMasterGamer

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 2:20 pm

AI Programming, I guess?

Even if they were programmed to do it, it would be random.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 4:36 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
wasn't it shitty of Capcom to disable the pause option in RE6?Evil or Very Mad 
And you can pause in 6. But only if you're playing offline.  I mean offline offline.
Yes but even when you do pause in Resident Evil 6 your character just sits on the floor and you still get attacked by enemies.  
He means that you have to choose "offline" when starting up a game. The game pauses normally when the pause button is pressed during the offline mode. Pressing select makes you go into that weird cellphone thingy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
wasn't it shitty of Capcom to disable the pause option in RE6?Evil or Very Mad 
And you can pause in 6. But only if you're playing offline.  I mean offline offline.
He means that you have to choose "offline" when starting up a game. The game pauses normally when the pause button is pressed during the offline mode. Pressing select makes you go into that weird cellphone thingy.
Up close, they look like holographic iPhones.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 10:26 pm

Nobudy wrote:
They should say "grebade" before throwing.
That means somebody is throwing a grenade at you. "[insert grenade type] out" is the phrase you're looking for. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
They should say "grenade" before throwing.
That means somebody is throwing a grenade at you. "[insert grenade type] out" is the phrase you're looking for. Wink
Ah my mistake. I got the thought when I played Op Raccoon City, but I haven't played it since last summer. I didn't really enjoy that game.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 9:48 am

PC version of RE6 cannot be paused, no matter how much "offline" options you choose. That's the worst thing of all the terrible things in RE6. I can't pause the goddamn game. Jesus Christ.

AI would be difficult to program when to use a grenade, so I guess they left it out. If you ask me, it's okay. AI would most likely use it in stupid situations anyway.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 11:45 am

Shrike wrote:
PC version of RE6 cannot be paused, no matter how much "offline" options you choose. That's the worst thing of all the terrible things in RE6. I can't pause the goddamn game. Jesus Christ.

AI would be difficult to program when to use a grenade, so I guess they left it out. If you ask me, it's okay. AI would most likely use it in stupid situations anyway.
Really? That's weird. The console ports have it yet the PC version (which was supposed to be the better version) can't be paused. It's like RE4 PC all over again.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 4:40 pm

Shrike wrote:

AI sees a single zombie... "Zombay!!! Ka-BOOM!"
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyThu Jul 11, 2013 5:07 pm

Ssplain wrote:

Would be cool if it's programmed to use the grenade only when there are 4+ opponents in a group, not generally on the screen. I guess that's too complicated though. I am sure AI would be blasting the player way more then the enemies. It's very hard to program it NOT to toss a grenade into a wall.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 3:57 am

Shrike wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

Would be cool if it's programmed to use the grenade only when there are 4+ opponents in a group, not generally on the screen. I guess that's too complicated though. I am sure AI would be blasting the player way more then the enemies. It's very hard to program it NOT to toss a grenade into a wall.
And especially in RE5/6 it's more than likely that you are in there punching those enemies. AI with grenades would get you killed so fast, unless it was programmed not to throw if you are there. Then again, that's even more programming, which only makes it more complicated.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:19 am

Unless there's another human player controlling the partner character, he/she needs to stay the hell away from grenades.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:27 am

It's also recommende that you do whatever it takes to play Resident Evil 5 & 6 with someone, seeing how the AI are thick as cement. Get a friend, kidnap a hobo, train your dog, it's better than dealing with the AI.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:30 am

Moreso 5 than 6. The AI in 6 isn't half bad and them being invincible makes it so you don't have to keep looking after them. I managed to make RE6 almost impossible to die in with an AI after I gave her (Helena) a fully upgraded Medic skill.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 am

Yeah I generally side with medic skills. They make the game so easy. Especially in Mercenaries.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 10:10 am

I wish I could count the times when I yelled out loud (to Sheva): "Don't just stand there you dumbfuck, shoot! Jesus fucking Christ!" or, if she is standing beside me, and some random projectile hits me and drops me on Dying, and since the Dying bar goes REAL fast on Pro in RE5, Sheva needs to be right beside you to save you, and of course even if she is, she sometimes shoots the enemies instead of saving you, which provokes "You stupid bitch. Who the fuck made the AI for this fucking game?" Etc. I do understand that I am a rager.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:27 am

You can forget about playing pro by yourself. The time it takes her to run to you, switch to first aid, and spray you, you're already dead.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 11:28 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Moreso 5 than 6. The AI in 6 isn't half bad and them being invincible makes it so you don't have to keep looking after them. I managed to make RE6 almost impossible to die in with an AI after I gave her (Helena) a fully upgraded Medic skill.
And with infinite ammo, you don't have to waste any of your resources on them.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:44 pm

Vandal wrote:
You can forget about playing pro by yourself. The time it takes her to run to you, switch to first aid, and spray you, you're already dead.

I know. I have already finished Pro by myself two times. It was annoying at times, but fun because I liked things HC.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 12:51 pm

I don't have that patience.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! EmptyFri Jul 12, 2013 4:24 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
And with infinite ammo, you don't have to waste any of your resources on them.
You mean them having infinite ammo? Because I refuse to use that myself. Except on RE5 Pro. But that's different.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!   Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6! Empty

Back to top Go down

Partner cannot use grenades in RE5 and RE6!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next