HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Favorite Quotes of the Forums

Go down 
+14
Ssplain
Cyberization
ZombiePrincess
Mcghie
Methsia
00biohazard
Sargent D
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
MSR
NiteKrawler
Ghost Leader
Known_Hero
Vandal
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:48 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I can't believe anyone is actually wondering if dogs can look up. I didn't think this needed a serious answer. Yes. They can look up. They do it all the time. They need to do it ALL the time because, if you didn't fucking notice, they are only like 2 feet off the ground! If they couldn't look up, they'd all be screwed.

RaviorStygian wrote:
Yes, but Tim Burton's Batman can't look up without bending his whole torso upwards. Very Happy

Spike Reaver wrote:
Lust
Gluttony
Greed
Sloth
Wrath
Envy
Pride

Methsia wrote:
Weird, I'm currently reading Inferno- Dan brown's new book. And the main topic in my art and design course is Seven Deadly Sins.

Spike Reaver wrote:
weskersbarber wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
leonada wrote:
Raccoon City,no puzzles just kill and run

Maybe some scenario were you play as the UBCS or even Umbrella's Special Forces...Smile

You just predicted ORC, 3 years before it was released. Bravo.

Just call me...

Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 Untitled1_zps3ebe0995

And playing James Bond well, which I do think he did, just isn't enough. What if Adam Sandler played Batman really well? Would you still favor Adam Sandler's Batman?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 10:46 am

I don't really care who plays Batman. I think those movies suck. If he played his part really well, hell, I don't care if Sam Jackson plays Batman. But they're not going to. Again if someone like Michael Myers played James Bond I'd understand where you're coming from. Otherwise your analogy doesn't make any sense.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:02 pm

You don't like any of the new Batman films? I love the first two. The third one was shit.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 4:28 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
You don't like any of the new Batman films? I love the first two. The third one was shit.
I did like The Dark Knight when I first saw it, but as I read more Batman I realized that Bruce Wayne depicted in The Dark Knight was just a rich guy in a bat costume, he wasn't actually Batman. And the first one never interested me. It was never a film I could sit down and enjoy. And yes, the third is the worst of them all.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Vandal wrote:
I don't really care who plays Batman. I think those movies suck. If he played his part really well, hell, I don't care if Sam Jackson plays Batman. But they're not going to. Again if someone like Michael Myers played James Bond I'd understand where you're coming from. Otherwise your analogy doesn't make any sense.

Now you're just full of shit. You know very well you, or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't be cool with Samuel L. playing Batman.

Don't care who plays Batman? Yeah whatever. 

And Mike Myers' Austin Powers was as much of a joke as Roger Moore's Bond was, so bad analogy.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 5:50 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
And Mike Myers' Austin Powers was as much of a joke as Roger Moore's Bond was, so bad analogy.

Mike Myers was hilarious as Austin Powers, don't deny it, you loved his character really Razz 
Also don't speak ill towards sir Roger Moore! He was second best bond actor. 
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 6:21 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Mike Myers was hilarious as Austin Powers, don't deny it, you loved his character really Razz 

Mike Myers was hilarious, I enjoyed all of the Austin Powers films. And I liked Roger Moore, he was alright, but his Bond was a bit more of a joke than the others.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:29 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:

Mike Myers was hilarious, I enjoyed all of the Austin Powers films. And I liked Roger Moore, he was alright, but his Bond was a bit more of a joke than the others.

Yeah, I gotta agree on both points. Mike Myers as Austin Powers is timeless and Roger Moore never had the level of charisma that the other Bond actors had in the role. That said, I still don't have any particular preference among them.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 7:32 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Now you're just full of shit. You know very well you, or anyone else for that matter, wouldn't be cool with Samuel L. playing Batman.
And you're an ass. I can honestly say with complete conviction; I don't care who plays Batman, because Hollywood can't live up to his legend. All the movies are crap. George Clooney was Batman, Val Kilmer was Batman, hell, Beetlejuice was The Batman. If those guys can be Batman, anyone can. I like Sam Jackson more than most of those actors anyway. Nick Cage Superman or Jack Black Green Lantern, I don't care. Hollywood is filled with idiots making bad choices all the time. Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles. 

In the end, it doesn't affect my feelings towards a character one way or another. I know who I like, and I know why I like them. Not because some actor took a role in a movie.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 4:50 pm

O
Vandal wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Vandal wrote:

And you're an ass. I can honestly say with complete conviction; I don't care who plays Batman, because Hollywood can't live up to his legend. All the movies are crap. George Clooney was Batman, Val Kilmer was Batman, hell, Beetlejuice was The Batman. If those guys can be Batman, anyone can. I like Sam Jackson more than most of those actors anyway. Nick Cage Superman or Jack Black Green Lantern, I don't care. Hollywood is filled with idiots making bad choices all the time. Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles. 

In the end, it doesn't affect my feelings towards a character one way or another. I know who I like, and I know why I like them. Not because some actor took a role in a movie.

Bs. Shut up. you're just being argumentative. As popular as Sam Jackson is in pop culture and as much as most of us here like him, no one would take Samuel L. Batman seriously. Get over yourself.

If you don't care who plays Batman, it is either you are full of shit lying, or you don't give a shit about the films. And considering you seem to dig the comics, the latter seems appropriate, but I wouldn't put either past you.

And Micchael Keaton was probably my fav Batman, although I have really come to like Bale's performance.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:15 pm

This is stupid. Samuel L. already played a character that is supposed to be white. Nick Fury.
And it went over well. And yes, I know that it was technically supposed to be Fury's son...But that shit is stupid as all hell.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 5:54 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
This is stupid. Samuel L. already played a character that is supposed to be white. Nick Fury.
And it went over well. And yes, I know that it was technically supposed to be Fury's son...But that shit is stupid as all hell.

Are you saying Sam playing Fury was stupid as hell?

And obviously Batman is wayyy more significant than Nick Firy, and would garner a much larger response.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
O
Vandal wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Bs. Shut up. you're just being argumentative. As popular as Sam Jackson is in pop culture and as much as most of us here like him, no one would take Samuel L. Batman seriously. Get over yourself.

If you don't care who plays Batman, it is either you are full of shit lying, or you don't give a shit about the films. And considering you seem to dig the comics, the latter seems appropriate, but I wouldn't put either past you.

And Micchael Keaton was probably my fav Batman, although I have really come to like Bale's performance.
Why do you find it so hard to believe that I don't care who plays Batman in the movies? Why are you so passionate about this? You don't need to be an incredible fucking dick over it, it's my opinion, and I believe that none of them ever seemed to do Batman justice. I think all the actors for Batman did a terrible job, except Adam West. The comics back then were written like that, so he did Batman extremely well, though back then it wouldn't have been so hard. Not that I have a lot against Mr. Mom, but the writing made those movies horrible, he wasn't Bruce Wayne in the first two, he wasn't Batman. Alfred and Bruce were totally out of character. Clooney was shit, Kilmer is blond shit, and Bale is only a good Bruce Wayne. Not a good Batman. I'm just surprised people take any of those actors seriously as Batman, because they all made a mockery out of the character. 

In live action film, each one that comes out disappoints me. The absolute best Batman film released in theatres is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. From the story, to the acting, even to the music, this flawless animated movie isn't even in the same league as the Batfilms. Yes, I care about the movies, but it just pains me to see people making movies on characters they only researched via wikipedia. 

Would Batman ever give up his mantel and pass it onto someone else like Grayson? No. There was a point in time where there were two Batmen running Gotham. Would Alfred ever leave Batman's side? Frank Miller wrote in "The Dark Knight Returns" that Alfred died of a heart attack, still serving Bruce to the bitter end. The Dark Knight Rises made a joke out of Bane. What's with the accent? He's a luchador, not an englishmen.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 7:14 am

Because your analogy of Sam Jackson playing Batman is just stupid. If Bale's performance doesn't do Batman justice, how the hell do you think Samuel L. Jackson would?

Exactly, he wouldn't. And you wouldn't be any happier if he played the role. Just like Adam Sandler can't play Barman. He's cool and all, but he will still be the egghead comedian that played Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 9:14 am

He never said he'd be happier with Samuel playing batman. Just that he wouldn't be more unhappy with it.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:58 am

Samuel L. Batman bloopers 3-disk set for five F-bombs and 39.99...american.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 11:19 am

Mcghie wrote:
ZombiePrincess wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Very Cute zombie princess  Smile
Why cant there be nice, Resident evil / horror loving girls where I'm from
mega sucks lol

Maybe it's cuz you're too busy squatting in Lisa's cabin  Razz  Razz  Razz

Lol... well wouldnt you be ? lisa is a sexy piece of ass I will have know  I love you
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:36 am

Nite wrote:
He never said he'd be happier with Samuel playing batman. Just that he wouldn't be more unhappy with it.
Thank you, Nite. This is exactly what I mean.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:41 am

That is dumb. Are you two done polishing eachother's helmets?

Samuel L. Jackson can not play Batman. It won't happen, nor will Adam Sandler. And if you don't care about the films fine, that sounds like a personal problem. But the majority of us do enjoy the Batman films.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:48 am

I know and agree with everything you said in your post. I personally don't care what they do with those movies, but why were you so passionate about this in the first place?
Back to top Go down
ZombiePrincess
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ZombiePrincess

Playstation Network MisfitSilentts

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 11:44 pm

I personally always loved Micheal Keaton as Batman, however Bale has done an amazing job as well. The worst actor for a batman movie in my opinion was when Jim Carey played The Riddler. That was the worst.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKidsInYourCorner
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 12:01 am

ZombiePrincess wrote:
I personally always loved Micheal Keaton as Batman, however Bale has done an amazing job as well. The worst actor for a batman movie in my opinion was when Jim Carey played The Riddler. That was the worst.
No worse than Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 1:56 am

Spike Reaver wrote:
So please come in and join me in welcoming REF's newest Moderator! He's from Parts Unknown, weighing roughly a buck fifty, he's the firearms expert, he's Solid Spartan himself, the cynical, RE4 hatin', stylin' and profilin', jet flyin', limousine ridin', kiss stealin', wheelin dealin, son of a gun; Ghost Leader!

Ghost Leader wrote:
ZombiePrincess wrote:
As for Ghost being the new mod around here.... *screams in terror*. That is all.
00biohazard wrote:
Ghostleader is mod? Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 Template
Now these are the reactions I was looking for! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 2:03 am

Vandal wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
O
Vandal wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Why do you find it so hard to believe that I don't care who plays Batman in the movies? Why are you so passionate about this? You don't need to be an incredible fucking dick over it, it's my opinion, and I believe that none of them ever seemed to do Batman justice. I think all the actors for Batman did a terrible job, except Adam West. The comics back then were written like that, so he did Batman extremely well, though back then it wouldn't have been so hard. Not that I have a lot against Mr. Mom, but the writing made those movies horrible, he wasn't Bruce Wayne in the first two, he wasn't Batman. Alfred and Bruce were totally out of character. Clooney was shit, Kilmer is blond shit, and Bale is only a good Bruce Wayne. Not a good Batman. I'm just surprised people take any of those actors seriously as Batman, because they all made a mockery out of the character. 

In live action film, each one that comes out disappoints me. The absolute best Batman film released in theatres is Batman: Mask of the Phantasm. From the story, to the acting, even to the music, this flawless animated movie isn't even in the same league as the Batfilms. Yes, I care about the movies, but it just pains me to see people making movies on characters they only researched via wikipedia. 

Would Batman ever give up his mantel and pass it onto someone else like Grayson? No. There was a point in time where there were two Batmen running Gotham. Would Alfred ever leave Batman's side? Frank Miller wrote in "The Dark Knight Returns" that Alfred died of a heart attack, still serving Bruce to the bitter end. The Dark Knight Rises made a joke out of Bane. What's with the accent? He's a luchador, not an englishmen.

Dude, Batman Begins is epic as hell, and so was Bane (in TDKR). The movies are based on the comics, but it's a movieverse. How the hell would you fit everything that happens in the comics, exactly as they happen, with the same accents and sometimes stupid colorful comic bookeyness and put them in a film that you know, wants to be an actual good film instead of a just a mindless comocey camp popcorn flick? The Dark Knight was also effing awesome, and if you deny that seeing a spanish accent and luchador costume on Bane would make you laugh less than Bane with his english accent, you're crazy. The whole world is not a HARDCORE cosplay worthy Batman fan. Bale's trilogy is fine. Calling it crap is just bullshit IMO.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 7:06 am

I think I vented about this.

It's not that they were horrible abominations as films, they were just movies with a guy dressed up as a bat. They barely focused on what Batman really is; The Dark Knight Rises was a total abandonment of character on Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth's part. It's not that I expect them to fit an entire canon into the films, that would be decades of history, but the least you can do is not to throw out the values of Bruce and Alfred: they lost sight of the entire reason Bruce became Batman to begin with, as if we haven't seen his parents die on screen enough. I already divuldged how badly they strayed from Bruce being selfish, and Alfred being unloyal, Bane cryed by the end of the film. Before you go off on me: I know the films aren't meant for the comic book audience, obviously, otherwise comic companies wouldn't be fleshing out comics based on the movies.

Pleanty of comic book fanatics love the movies, I'm not one of them. I use to roleplay Batman and other players would just use canon characters and play them however they wanted to, making them do things they thought was cool, things that they thought would be epic and awesome, when it was basiclly their brains in the character's bodies. That's not right, and that's how I feel about The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan just did whatever he thought was cool, if it meant making characters do things they would never do? That was just fine for him, but that pissed me off in the theatres.

The first two films were significantly better, I actually liked The Dark Knight, but like most trilogy go, the first gets the money, the second uses that money to do what they intended to do right, and the third just takes a smelly dump on what they built. That's why I like Dead Space 2, Spider-Man 2, over Dead Space 3 and Spider-Man 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Quotes of the Forums   Favorite Quotes of the Forums - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Quotes of the Forums
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next