HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

ORC - My (current) Opinion

Go down 
+8
Mass Distraction
PAULSAMSON
Vandal
ChrisRedfieldRE156
chocotricks
Teh Black Cat
37 Narwhals
RaviorStygian
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 1:03 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
I actually see ORC as more of a Multiplayer experience, which is probably why the singeplayer is so uninspired.
Exactly, but my question is; if you make a game centered around the multiplayer experience, why, oh why, would you not include split screen?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:25 pm

will1234562 wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

I also found the characters uninteresting. The obtuse Beltway, Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, I mean Spectre, and the rest of the oddball bunch.
You know "Wolfpack" reminds me of the team in Clive Barker's Jericho - six people,3 men and 3 women,each character's personality is somehow connected to their weapon of choice and in the end two of the members die Razz .

I'm not famililar with it. Does it have Skeet Ulrich? I like Hellraiser though. Smile

Mercy wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
I actually see ORC as more of a Multiplayer experience, which is probably why the singeplayer is so uninspired.
Exactly, but my question is; if you make a game centered around the multiplayer experience, why, oh why, would you not include split screen?

Capcom is pretty dumb sometimes. Mercy, you're good at pointing out these stupid, yet basic flaws. Razz

You should totally make an RE game review in that review thread.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:27 pm

I think I can do that… but I'm unsure who reads my reviews. Plus I think I should play it again before I review it.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:31 pm

SpikeCloud wrote:

I'm not famililar with it. Does it have Skeet Ulrich? I like Hellraiser though. Smile
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Mercy wrote:
I think I can do that… but I'm unsure who reads my reviews. Plus I think I should play it again before I review it.

Well I would. I'm sure all the peeps in that thread would too. Wink

will1234562 wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

I can't watch vids Will.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:28 pm

SpikeCloud wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Well I would. I'm sure all the peeps in that thread would too. Wink
For the sake of writing a review I'll write one for Revelations like you asked.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:32 pm

SpikeCloud wrote:

I can't watch vids Will.
Ok,so basically Clive Barker's Jericho is first person shooter horror-themed game.
The story revolves around the legend of the Firstborn, a being created by God before Adam or Eve. However,disturbed by his own creation, God banished it into a slice of reality known as "the Box" or "the Pyxis", forever unloved and forsaken.The Firstborn started to despise humanity,for having what they never had and on a certain period of time the Firstborn tries to escape "the Box".The Jericho squad are one who have to seal the breach between their reality and ours.Each character,with the exception of the leader,has a supernatural ability - telekinesis,pyrokinesis etc.
They're actually seven in the beginning,but the leader dies very early in the game,so for the majority of the game you play with 6 people.The gameplay in nothing new,but the game is fun.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:17 pm

Mercy wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
There's . . . there's no split screen?

deeeeeeerp CAPCOM Slant Six

Last edited by RaviorStygian on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:43 pm

will1234562 wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

I can't watch vids Will.
Ok,so basically Clive Barker's Jericho is first person shooter horror-themed game.
The story revolves around the legend of the Firstborn, a being created by God before Adam or Eve. However,disturbed by his own creation, God banished it into a slice of reality known as "the Box" or "the Pyxis", forever unloved and forsaken.The Firstborn started to despise humanity,for having what they never had and on a certain period of time the Firstborn tries to escape "the Box".The Jericho squad are one who have to seal the breach between their reality and ours.Each character,with the exception of the leader,has a supernatural ability - telekinesis,pyrokinesis etc.
They're actually seven in the beginning,but the leader dies very early in the game,so for the majority of the game you play with 6 people.The gameplay in nothing new,but the game is fun.

Wow...I'm actually interested in this game. Is it new? What console is it on?

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mercy wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

deeeeeeerp CAPCOM

Derp indeed. If Carlos Mencia were here, he'd know what to say to them. Razz
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 7:37 pm

RaviorStygian wrote:
Mercy wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

deeeeeeerp CAPCOM

I think Slant Six is the culprit here. Capcom only published ORC.

Both RE5 and 6 have split screen.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:01 am

Known_Hero wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Mercy wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

deeeeeeerp CAPCOM

This is very true, but to be fair, if I were Capcom and Slant Six said they weren't including split-screen, I'd slap them in the back of the head and fire them after I told them "I think you're fucking retarded."
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 2:09 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

I can't watch vids Will.

It came out in 2007.
PC,PS3,Xbox 360.I've only played the PC version.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 1:16 pm

Mercy wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:
Mercy wrote:
RaviorStygian wrote:

deeeeeeerp CAPCOM

This is very true, but to be fair, if I were Capcom and Slant Six said they weren't including split-screen, I'd slap them in the back of the head and fire them after I told them "I think you're fucking retarded."

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear I remember thinking, before the game came out, that it was supposed to have 4 Person cooperative, and split screen gameplay. I remember because of couple buddies that I would play RE5 Mercs with were all excited. Then of course once the game comes out, nope, just single player, or online. Possibly System Link, but obviously inconvienant.

I love the Quantum Of Solace game, which plays like a mixture of CoD, but with 007 elements, it's pretty cool, but there is zero split screen. WTF? That's the reason I never play that game. I mean come on now; GoldenEye? Nightfire? Quite possibly two of the most fun part 007 games, and 4 player splitscreen is a staple of what made those games so much fun. Somebody should've told Slant Six that they weren't making a SOCOM game.

will1234562 wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:
will1234562 wrote:
SpikeCloud wrote:

I can't watch vids Will.

It came out in 2007.
PC,PS3,Xbox 360.I've only played the PC version.

Cool. If and when I get it, I'll probably post up here about it. 360!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:41 pm

Split screen was never apart of Slant Six's agenda. I remember looking Raccoon City with my brother and getting pissed off that we both couldn't play it. This was nearly several months before its release, and when it came out I forgot that split screen wasn't included and got pissed off again.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 1:46 pm

So today, I walked in to gamestop and said..

Me: "hey what's up? Can I get RE ORC for the PS3"

The clerks begins to shake his head

Me: "you ran out of copies"

Clerk: "No, we have the game.......but you don't want it"

Me: "wow, is it that bad?"

Clerk: "I'll say this: you'd have more fun pouring hot wax in your ear"

Funniest moment of the day for me Laughing

That might've been the first time a clerk told me NOT to buy a game. I ended up buying it anyway. It was only $17.

Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 6:37 pm

What a dick clerk. It's not nearly that bad. Way to jump in the hate-bandwagon and NOT trying to do your job properly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 31, 2012 7:17 pm

I just played a couple hours of Team Versus and had a blast, despite the game freezing twice (does that happen often online?) I don't know what the game was like pre-patch, but it's solid now. Everything seems to work. It's addicting, rewarding, forgiving, and fun.

Except for the freezing. urrrrrrg

Can't wait to try out Survivors.

About the clerk, lol that's pretty funny. Can't you get in trouble for doing that?
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 01, 2013 8:03 am

@RaviorStygian

I don't know. My local gamestop does a lot of questionable things. One time, they actually sold me someone's pre ordered copy the morning of the game's release day.

RE ORC's MP is addictive but that samurai's edge auto aiming crap has got to go. Auto aiming in a MP game doesn't make any sense. Only baby games have auto aim. Seriously, REMOVE IT!!!!

The Sniper Rifles are in desperate need of a damage increase. No one uses them.

Fix those two problems and MP becomes A LOT more enjoyable.

Single player is meh. I don't hate it but I don't particularly like it either. I probably won't touch it again once I S+ rank everything on Professional. I'm still in the early stages of the story so maybe that'll change the further I progress.

Right now I'll give this game a 6.5/10. If the Spec Ops campaign wasn't chopped out of the main game, I would've given it a 7
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 1:10 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
So today, I walked in to gamestop and said..

Me: "hey what's up? Can I get RE ORC for the PS3"

The clerks begins to shake his head

Me: "you ran out of copies"

Clerk: "No, we have the game.......but you don't want it"

Me: "wow, is it that bad?"

Clerk: "I'll say this: you'd have more fun pouring hot wax in your ear"

Funniest moment of the day for me Laughing

That might've been the first time a clerk told me NOT to buy a game. I ended up buying it anyway. It was only $17.

Nice. I don't often go to Gamestop, but I went on X-mas Eve, and wanted to get a copy of Brawl for the Wii. I grabbed a Used Brawl case and took it up to the counter, it was like 27.99. Not a bad price. The lady, clerk, told me they didn't have any used copies of Brawl, and actually gave me a New copy of Brawl, wit the plastic on it and everything, for the Used price! Win! Razz
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:36 am

Ah yes those hunters! Evil hunters. They make me rage. I've died well over 40 times trying to kill those hunters on the part where they come from those canisters or what not.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:20 am

@SpikeCloud

Maybe she liked your cologne Laughing

The more I play this goofy game, the more I get into it. Bertha is climbing her way up the ladder on my best female RE characters list: she's the absolute best teammate in the game because of her frequent healing and the Medic(Painkiller) is the 2nd strongest class in the game; right below the Assault(Super Soldier). Lupo and Spec Ops characters are cool as well. The rest I don't care for.

However, this game is the most blatant rush job I've ever seen...

1.When you turn to a zombie in single player, the multiplayer HUD appears with the killfeed in the top corner.

2. Voice volume is too low in at times.

Spoiler:

I can't believe this game was once $60 dollars.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 10:30 am

I do hope Capcom pays more attention to detail with the sequel.

At least, if the rumor even holds water, the game is developed as an in-house project.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I do hope Capcom pays more attention to detail with the sequel.

At least, if the rumor even holds water, the game is developed as an in-house project.

What do you mean by "in-house project"? No more Slant Six?

I actually wouldn't mind a sequel. This game has a interesting premise and brought in some needed fresh face to the franchise. However, all of the cool features in this game were poorly executed. The game fails at making you feel like the villain. Outside of shredding a few documents and killing Leon at the end, you really aren't doing anything bad. There should've been more moral paths to choose them.

ORC also failed at telling it's story. Who are these U.S.S guys? Why should we care about them? Slant Six created a group of interesting characters and decided not to display any of their personalities in-game...

Lupo is a battered housewife and a trained killer
Bertha is a pyscho medic
Vector trained directly under HUNK
Beltway is the funny guy
Four eyes is obsessed with biochemistry
Spectre is the Russian guy.

Slant Six missed a great opportunity to create some entertaining squad banter. EPIC FAIL!!!

TL;DR: the game lacked immersiveness.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 11:53 am

Known_Hero wrote:

Slant Six created a group of interesting characters and decided not to display any of their personalities in-game...
Pity indeed.Still, if there is a ORC 2 I would prefer to see Wolfpack again,instead of more new characters.
I also want to see more of Lupo Wink .
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
What do you mean by "in-house project"? No more Slant Six?
Exactly. According to the source this came from it's gonna be developed by Capcom.

will1234562 wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:

Slant Six created a group of interesting characters and decided not to display any of their personalities in-game...
Pity indeed.Still, if there is a ORC 2 I would prefer to see Wolfpack again,instead of more new characters.
I also want to see more of Lupo Wink .
I actually do wonder if they are going to use the same characters again or create just a whole new story. For one, they couldn't use all of the characters and they'd have to choose who died in the final battle IF it links directly to ORC. Continuity!

Btw. At least according to the supposed working title, and while it basically still is ORC2, the actual title would abbreviate to OTF from Operation Terrestial Fear. I really can't decipher anything from that title, unlike Operation Racoon City so I do wonder what the game, if made, holds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ORC - My (current) Opinion
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2