Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

ORC - My (current) Opinion

Go down 
+8
Mass Distraction
PAULSAMSON
Vandal
ChrisRedfieldRE156
chocotricks
Teh Black Cat
37 Narwhals
RaviorStygian
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

Playstation Network RaviorStygian

ORC - My (current) Opinion Empty
PostSubject: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 6:51 pm

After hearing that ORC got a big patch that fixed pretty much all of the bugs, I went and picked it up. Since I never experienced the initial glitches, I have a different viewpoint than most people who have played this.

But I am having a fun time with it. It's not the best game in the world, there's certainly some aspects of the controls that could use some work (mainly with dodging) but overall it's a pretty solid game so far.

I played some Heroes mode. It's a simple deathmatch, and I kind of suck at it right now, but I did have fun and the level up system is actually kind of addicting.

And even though I haven't been pestered too much by them, the Hunters are a bit odd. Whenever I shoot them, it's as if I'm not damaging them. There's no blood, no flinching. Very peculiar.

If I end up not liking the game so much later, I'll post.

PS: Holy DLC, Batman!
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 8:05 pm

I played it when it was first released and I didn't know there were any glitches. I just found the game to be pretty lame overall, mostly because the enemies seemed like bullet sponges and a lot of the combat situations felt uninspired.
Back to top Go down
Teh Black Cat
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Teh Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 8:12 pm

I remember the first time playing it, I didn't think it was that bad. Actually I enjoyed the hell out of it. The online gameplay was always horrible though.

After picking it up once again to try the new DLC (after playing Resident Evil 6) I realized how bad this game truly is. Like the combat and controls are just all over the place. It just felt like the game was really rushed.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:12 pm

I liked ORC T_T, Im only missing one achievemnt and thats cause foundry map wouldnt load
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 1:30 am

Teh Black Cat wrote:
I remember the first time playing it, I didn't think it was that bad. Actually I enjoyed the hell out of it. The online gameplay was always horrible though.

After picking it up once again to try the new DLC (after playing Resident Evil 6) I realized how bad this game truly is. Like the combat and controls are just all over the place. It just felt like the game was really rushed.

YEa i agree the game was too rushed, if they spent more time with it it might have worked out, but they had to release something before RE6. The was I see ORC was something like a tester of RE6, to show the gamers how the controls would look like in it, like shoot on run or mele attacks. In overal ORC was not such a bad game, I would actually like it if it not was the part of RE family, cs compared to the other RE games it sucked. But the best thing about ORC were CGI video cuts, it was tuned to perfection, I really loved em!!!
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 2:33 am

I don't think the game was rushed, I think it was unfinished. Resident Evil 6 was rushed. I feel there's both a similarity and a difference between the two games.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 6:54 am

I didn't like this game, but I wasn't expecting something different. It sucks that no one here plays it online so we can laugh at how bad it is together Smile
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 7:38 am

Mercy wrote:
I don't think the game was rushed, I think it was unfinished. Resident Evil 6 was rushed. I feel there's both a similarity and a difference between the two games.
RE6 was rushed? I thought they spent as much time as possible on that game, hence the lack of glitches.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 am

RE6 was a huge game, so it would have taken bunch of time to get it to perfection, yet devs still managed to get it as perfect as possible, no wonder that it seems a bit rushed. 4 huge stories in one game, all of em have different styles, different characters, different maps, its a shit load of work, all textures, physics, video cuts etc.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 3:43 pm

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
different styles
Eeeeeeeh not so much.

I don't find it rushed at all. What's so rushed about it?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Muddy graphics, too many quick time events, the fact they bumped the release date a month and a half earlier, and it has a lot of filler. The puzzles aren't thought provoking, they're either lame like pushing a button on a statue or just cryptic and there's no hints integrated in the surroundings. When you shoot an enemy anywhere but the face they don't react to the shot like the last two games. They tell you in the loading screens to trip all the zombies by shooting the lead zombie in the leg, but when you actually do it in the game, nothing happens, they're bullet sponges. I bet they had a lot planned for the game, but rushed it and excluded features like "Zombies are attracted to sounds, especially bullets." Well they're not attracted to bullets, only sounds that are triggered by events like an alarm or a bell.
Back to top Go down
chocotricks
Hunter
Hunter
chocotricks

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 9:43 pm

^this
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Mercy wrote:
nothing happens, they're bullet sponges.r a bell.
I agree with ya on everything else, but I never found the zombies to be bullet sponges.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptyFri Dec 28, 2012 11:52 pm

There's a "hit" sound and a "critical hit" sound. If you shoot a zombie in the chest and a hit sound chimes, if you hit him in the same general area no hit sound occurs. There's two reactions I feel about this; one I feel that I didn't hit the zombie at all, ergo, the bullet didn't count and I wasted a round. Two, it did hit and I'm just thinking about my first problem with the lack of the hit sound.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:23 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
different styles
Eeeeeeeh not so much.

I don't find it rushed at all. What's so rushed about it?

Well Chris part was supposed to be the new way RE is going, more action based, Leons aciton mixed with Horror (more spooky spots, dark maps, a bit of puzzles etc), Jake was supposed to be pursuit, something like RE3 with Ustanak (nemesis), breathing down ur back, plus devs added a bit of parkour (just a bit from Assassins Creed Razz) and Ada was an Old School puzzle busting Horror Survival. So as you see all the stories in the game had different styles and thats additional work for devs.

I dont feel that it was that "rushed", but it would have taken tons of time to get the game of that size to perfection, so its no wonder for me that someone thinks that its a bit rushed. Yet i haven't played RE6 so i dont know how the actual gameplay looks and feels like, so i dont know if the stuff mercy says are correct, but i can disagree with one thing, RE6 has gut busting graphics, i dont see anything muddy with it. In total RE6 is an awesome game and i really dont get why its considered to be the biggest disappointment of the year, just those critics, bunch of fuckin assholes!!!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 4:52 am

I liked the game the first time I played it a couple months back. I've owned it from day one but just procrastinated. Not sure if the update had been applied yet when I did but I actually did like the game and the online worked smoothly. It could've been longer and I wish you would actually spend more time exploring rather than being rushed forwards.

Damn you all and your XBoxes!!!

Btw. The hunters have a weak spot and it's the only place they take damage from. I think it was the face but I could be wrong. In any case, that's why it seems like they're not taking any damage. Because they aren't.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:03 am

Well Chris part was supposed to be the new way RE is going, more action based, Leons aciton mixed with Horror (more spooky spots, dark maps, a bit of puzzles etc), Jake was supposed to be pursuit, something like RE3 with Ustanak (nemesis), breathing down ur back, plus devs added a bit of parkour (just a bit from Assassins Creed Razz) and Ada was an Old School puzzle busting Horror Survival.
In the end though, most of that isn't really that big of a deal. Every character goes through the same locations. While Leon had some creepy atmosphere in some of his chapters, overall his experience was the same as Chris, Jake, and Ada. Chris and Jake pretty much have the same "style" in that there's a lot of action with shooting enemies, only with Jake you have the option of using more advanced melee. Ada only has a few puzzles in the first two chapters. After that, it's the same as everyone else. Ustanak doesn't really operate like Nemesis. Whenever Ustanak shows up and he's chasing you, you're just holding forward and running down a hallway half the time, then he'll catch up and you fight him as a boss. With nearly every encounter you're forced to fight him. There's only one chapter where you have to sneak around him. One of his encounters actually has you teaming up with Chris and Helena, meaning it's four on one.

The different "styles" was just a marketing thing. In the end they just made all of them relatively the same. Not because they were rushed, but because it's easier, especially since the campaigns are all interlocked.

Mass Distraction wrote:
btw. The hunters have a weak spot and it's the only place they take damage from. I think it was the face but I could be wrong. In any case, that's why it seems like they're not taking any damage. Because they aren't.
I'm not too sure. I shot them in the face with a shot gun and it literally did nothing as far as visually. I know I'm causing damage (I killed one) but there's almost no indication.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 9:56 am

RaviorStygian wrote:
After hearing that ORC got a big patch that fixed pretty much all of the bugs, I went and picked it up. Since I never experienced the initial glitches, I have a different viewpoint than most people who have played this.

But I am having a fun time with it. It's not the best game in the world, there's certainly some aspects of the controls that could use some work (mainly with dodging) but overall it's a pretty solid game so far.

I played some Heroes mode. It's a simple deathmatch, and I kind of suck at it right now, but I did have fun and the level up system is actually kind of addicting.

And even though I haven't been pestered too much by them, the Hunters are a bit odd. Whenever I shoot them, it's as if I'm not damaging them. There's no blood, no flinching. Very peculiar.

If I end up not liking the game so much later, I'll post.

PS: Holy DLC, Batman!

I actually do want to go back and play ORC and try to give it another chance. I hated it so much that I never even finished it. I watched someone else play through it instead. I can see how the controls in ORC are like a precursor to RE6's controls though. Although ORC doesn't allow you to change the controls to a more RE oriented control scheme, like you can in RE6. The melee/knifing thing is broken. Ever been caught in a infinite melee/knife death move yet?

The ultimate reason I stopped playing ORC though, is probably the constant shootouts with Spec Ops. Seriously, that killed it for me. That shit goes down every 2 minutes, and the Spec Ops are just bullet sponges, who literally take every bullet you pump into them, don't react at all to your shots, and usually require an entire clip per guy. So basically, you have to use stupid cover and waste so much time killing them, just so you can advance to the next area. Not fun. It was so not fun that I'd rather not play it at all, instead of playing ORC's Spec Ops infested shootouts and have such a lack of fun.

I also found the characters uninteresting. The obtuse Beltway, Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, I mean Spectre, and the rest of the oddball bunch.

Oh, and that dodging thing ORC implimented is just fail. All they do is jump on their ass for a second, it doesn't really help in any situation, and just wastes time where you could be moving and not getting shot.

The zombies were actually pretty cool in the game, which is the only positive thing I can think to say about it. I'll give it a second chance though. Everything deserves a 2nd chane right?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 10:14 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
The ultimate reason I stopped playing ORC though, is probably the constant shootouts with Spec Ops. Seriously, that killed it for me. That shit goes down every 2 minutes, and the Spec Ops are just bullet sponges, who literally take every bullet you pump into them, don't react at all to your shots, and usually require an entire clip per guy. So basically, you have to use stupid cover and waste so much time killing them, just so you can advance to the next area. Not fun. It was so not fun that I'd rather not play it at all, instead of playing ORC's Spec Ops infested shootouts and have such a lack of fun.
I see people saying this but I can safely say that I never once had this problem. They died pretty fast with a few well placed bullets (headshots). The only problem I did have was the key characters like Ada being crack shots and incapacitating you in a matter of seconds. Learned to stay far away from them though.

@Ravior: That's weird. When I played the game I got blood bursting from them when I hit the sweet spot, whatever it was.
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:51 am

SpikeCloud wrote:
Ever been caught in a infinite melee/knife death move yet?
They've patched that. Now the melee requires technique.

SpikeCloud wrote:
The ultimate reason I stopped playing ORC though, is
probably the constant shootouts with Spec Ops. Seriously, that killed
it for me. That shit goes down every 2 minutes, and the Spec Ops are
just bullet sponges, who literally take every bullet you pump into them,
don't react at all to your shots, and usually require an entire clip
per guy. So basically, you have to use stupid cover and waste so much
time killing them, just so you can advance to the next area. Not fun. It
was so not fun that I'd rather not play it at all, instead of playing
ORC's Spec Ops infested shootouts and have such a lack of fun.
I actually see ORC as more of a Multiplayer experience, which is probably why the singeplayer is so uninspired.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 pm

Is the online community still active? Now that the game is dirt cheap, I might pick it up.
Back to top Go down
will1234562
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
will1234562

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:07 pm

SpikeCloud wrote:

I also found the characters uninteresting. The obtuse Beltway, Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell, I mean Spectre, and the rest of the oddball bunch.
You know "Wolfpack" reminds me of the team in Clive Barker's Jericho - six people,3 men and 3 women,each character's personality is somehow connected to their weapon of choice and in the end two of the members die Razz .
Back to top Go down
RaviorStygian
UBCS
UBCS
RaviorStygian

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:49 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
Is the online community still active? Now that the game is dirt cheap, I might pick it up.
Most certainly! It's extremely active.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:53 pm

Known_Hero wrote:
I could play with you too Razz
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Known_Hero wrote:
I could play with you too Razz

Shoot me a friend request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ORC - My (current) Opinion   ORC - My (current) Opinion Empty

Back to top Go down

ORC - My (current) Opinion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next