Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Batman - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Batman - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Batman - Page 8 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Batman - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Batman - Page 8 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Batman - Page 8 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Batman - Page 8 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Batman - Page 8 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Batman - Page 8 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Batman

Go down 
+14
Teh Black Cat
gowett
MSR
SWITCHMYND
Vandal
Godzilla90s
Bub537
00biohazard
No ah
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
Spike991
ChickenHeart
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

The Batman - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 10:40 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Vandal wrote:
The new films are going to suck just as much as the older ones sucked, and they're going to keep sucking if Snyder keeps making them. Sure he did Watchemen which wasn't even that great, but he also did Suckerpunch.

Nolan's Batman wasn't innovative either, it was just gritty. Anyone could do gritty. The Amazing Spider-Man was gritty, and see how poorly that did?

The one thing I think they need to do with this movie is choose a tone and stick with it. Unlike Thor: Dark World, there were moments where it would be serious then flip to comedy in very sporadic moments, and so far if they plan on casting a Hispanic Flash: Senor Bueno Allen, El Speedy Gonzales, then I really doubt I can ever take it seriously.

You mean witch?

Im not much of a comic book fan, but Watchmen movie was the first one (I could say Punisher was first but it didnt have that level of CGI in it) that had those mind blowing VFX, but was not just another movie and then Batman 1 was released, me being so disappointed with older ones never even bothered to see it in movies, but when i saw it on TV i was stunned. I cant exactly understand what you mean by gritty, but ive never seen an big budget action movie, plus comic book based, to be so dramatic, carry so much sense and make you kinda think about stuff when its over agree with spiderman trying to do the same (though havent seen it all the way, cs i hate that Social Network dick so much) and it sucked at least what ive seen, but it was done by some Marc Webb, not buy someone who was behind "Memento", if you ask me, spiderman done by Nolan would have been kick ass as well.

Witch? Like the old ladies with brooms? What are you trying to do? Comment on how bad your grammar is? Or do you really think I meant Witches and Warlocks? Don't try to correct my grammar if you don't know the difference between to and too, or properly punctuate "I'm." For god's sake, you don't even type "because," you just write cs.

Watch Batman and Robin, then Watch Batman Begins. That's a classic example from Campy to Grit.

I don't think Nolan's take on a Spider-Man film would have worked. The problem with The Amazing Spider-Man was the gritty take, it doesn't work with him.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 11:23 am

Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:
The new films are going to suck just as much as the older ones sucked, and they're going to keep sucking if Snyder keeps making them. Sure he did Watchemen which wasn't even that great, but he also did Suckerpunch.

Nolan's Batman wasn't innovative either, it was just gritty. Anyone could do gritty. The Amazing Spider-Man was gritty, and see how poorly that did?

The one thing I think they need to do with this movie is choose a tone and stick with it. Unlike Thor: Dark World, there were moments where it would be serious then flip to comedy in very sporadic moments, and so far if they plan on casting a Hispanic Flash: Senor Bueno Allen, El Speedy Gonzales, then I really doubt I can ever take it seriously.

You mean witch?

Im not much of a comic book fan, but Watchmen movie was the first one (I could say Punisher was first but it didnt have that level of CGI in it) that had those mind blowing VFX, but was not just another movie and then Batman 1 was released, me being so disappointed with older ones never even bothered to see it in movies, but when i saw it on TV i was stunned. I cant exactly understand what you mean by gritty, but ive never seen an big budget action movie, plus comic book based, to be so dramatic, carry so much sense and make you kinda think about stuff when its over agree with spiderman trying to do the same (though havent seen it all the way, cs i hate that Social Network dick so much) and it sucked at least what ive seen, but it was done by some Marc Webb, not buy someone who was behind "Memento", if you ask me, spiderman done by Nolan would have been kick ass as well.

Witch? Like the old ladies with brooms? What are you trying to do? Comment on how bad your grammar is? Or do you really think I meant Witches and Warlocks? Don't try to correct my grammar if you don't know the difference between to and too, or properly punctuate "I'm." For god's sake, you don't even type "because," you just write cs.

Watch Batman and Robin, then Watch Batman Begins. That's a classic example from Campy to Grit.

I don't think Nolan's take on a Spider-Man film would have worked. The problem with The Amazing Spider-Man was the gritty take, it doesn't work with him.

Why do you always react like you've shoved mustard bottle up and squeezed? Its a simple misspell, English not my First language you know and no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes. Hate words that have resemblance, like Than/Then, Which/Witch or even names like Claire/Clair. I can spell something like hydroelectric station right on anytime, but mess them up(CS in Georgian things spell the way they sound) Just simply ask i "whats With The Witch", you dont have to bitch out. I had no intentions, unlike you, to correct your spelling.

So you mean dramatic take doesn't work with spiderman . . . Depends on how it is shown and delivered, thus a lot depends on director and the way he expresses his vision.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Vandal wrote:
Vandal wrote:

You mean witch?

Why do you always react like you've shoved mustard bottle up and squeezed? Its a simple misspell, English not my First language you know and no one is perfect, everyone makes mistakes.  Hate words that have resemblance, like Than/Then, Which/Witch or even names like Claire/Clair. I can spell something like hydroelectric station right on anytime, but mess them up(CS in Georgian things spell the way they sound) Just simply ask i "whats With The Witch", you dont have to bitch out. I had no intentions, unlike you, to correct your spelling.

So you mean dramatic take doesn't work with spiderman . . . Depends on how it is shown and delivered, thus a lot depends on director and the way he expresses his vision.
I find it ironic that you try to correct me when you can't correct me, and that you never practiced proper grammar.

I said a gritty take doesn't work for Spider-Man, not unless it's used in a comedic form. Like in Marvel Zombies, Spider-Man ate Mary-Jane, then cried over her death. That was funny and gritty, dark humor at Marvel's finest.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 3:35 pm

Vandal wrote:

I find it ironic that you try to correct me when you can't correct me, and that you never practiced proper grammar.

I said a gritty take doesn't work for Spider-Man, not unless it's used in a comedic form. Like in Marvel Zombies, Spider-Man ate Mary-Jane, then cried over her death. That was funny and gritty, dark humor at Marvel's finest.

You think highly of yourself . I have no intention to correct you, cs i dont give a fuck. As for not practicing proper grammar, well yes i shorten words, got used to it using Internet, but you can't say that i've ever used improper tense and/or sentence structure. I at least can deliver my thought in a foreign language.

Judging from that, guess Brits were always better in dark humor, than Americans. Tom's "Arse Tickler's Faggot Fan Club" monologue, now thats dark humor. But i don't mean that. With Nolan, Batman got into absolutely new level, he turned a "superhero" story, into a serious film, for more mature audience. Same can be done with Spiderman, depending on how it will be delivered, but for now it still remains in"just for fun" category.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 9:14 pm

Uh, alright dude. Whatever helps you sleep better at night.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:21 pm

So I saw this:

Then I made this:

The Batman - Page 8 Sad_pill_testing_by_ma6-d7cpiqj

Happy 75 Batman.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 2:06 am

Cool. Kind of interesting, i recently got back into drawing, which i havent really been too keen on for several years. And one of the things i've been drawing are comics, like me and a couple friends used to do back in the day. So i dig the comic approach.

My comics aren't Batman tho, they're original with characters and stuff created by my friends and myself. My character is of course named ¨Spike¨.

Also, even tho this thread is about Batman i want to share an actual comic that i bought just a couple weeks ago. Its from Marvel and it's called Doom With A View. It features Spiderman, the Fantastic 4 and my personal fav Marvel character Doctor Doom! Honestly, I mean im not sure how keen you are on Marvel, Vandal, i know you like DC, but just the idea of Doom and Spidey, those two personalities in the same room just sounds like a recipe for an entertaining and amusing comic. And it is, except it was rather short. This comic is actually split amongst 4 different little stories, the one with Doom is only one of the 4. It was worth it though.

Here's my take on Marvel v DC: I think Marvel is greater than DC, but Batman is greater than Marvel.

And the Doom i like best is from the old cartoon, which Simon Templeman provided the voice for Doomsie. If you watch a vid on youtube titled Dr. Doom Is Grandiloquent, it's pretty cool, and shows lots of his best lines with Templeman portraying the character.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinions. Everything to me is like ice cream flavor. You like Marvel, I like DC, I like mac, you like PC, you like vanilla, I like mint berry crunch. But if you say mint berry crunch sucks without trying it? We have a problem.

I don't know anything about Dr. Doom, I personally never cared about him when I was into Marvel. I cared more about X-Men than anything. I ended up reading pretty much most if not all of Uncanny X-Men's run while Jim Lee was on board plus other various comics the library had. At the time, I was a highschool freshman so I can't tell you what had happened in those comics, they never really made an impression on me.

Two years later, I join a DC forum, and someone suggests I read Batman: Year One. I read it and it was probably a little too adult for me, but I think that's when I knew comics are a serious form of art. The art was amazing, the characters were so real, and Batman was just a guy in a suit. Inexperienced, still bitter, yet still Batman. I read a comic where Wolverine nearly killed Cyclops, threw him in a hole and left hi for dead so he could have Jean Grey, Scott ended up eating his gloves to survive… and yet Batman: Year One wa a darker, more meanigful story.

I would like to know why you like Dr. Doom though. His character seemed rather flat, his design hasn't changed since he was pretty much created, and while his origin is supposed to be rather sympathetic being friends with the Fantastic Four, he doesn't give me that feel that someone like Two-Face does, where if he could, he would want to change.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 6:56 am

Vandal wrote:
I would like to know why you like Dr. Doom though. His character seemed rather flat, his design hasn't changed since he was pretty much created, and while his origin is supposed to be rather sympathetic being friends with the Fantastic Four, he doesn't give me that feel that someone like Two-Face does, where if he could, he would want to change.

Did you use Harvey Two-Face on account of the facial scarring business that both he and Victor Von Doom each experience?

I like Doom's iron helmet, the cloak, the persona. He's just a cool character, and really just the ultimate supervillian.

I remember the whole time I was watching the Avengers movie all i was doing, other than checking out how sexy Scarlet Johansen looked as Black Widow, was thinking how much cooler it would be for the Avengers to be facing off against Doom, instead of that Loki guy with his giant antlers. Although probably a better live action Doom than from the two live action Fantastic 4 films, even tho i did still like those movies.

And i actually just read this recently, evidently Doom was modelled to basically look like Death. with the iron armor being like the skeletal appearance of the grim reaper.

I also appreciate the character a bit more when they have a fitting voice, like Simon Templeman for instance, even tho Doom's character has had a plethora of different VAs over the many years.

Another thing about Doom that i really like is that he's a man of his word. I hate liars. I'd take a genuine and authentic megalomaniac like Doom, over some fake ass and ingenuine 'good guy'.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 8:53 am

I used Dent to compare to Doom because Bruce was once friends with Dent just as the Fantastic Four used to be friends with Doom. Dent honestly does want to change, but his split personality doesn't allow him to. There's a ton of comics of him getting facial reconstruction to try to be good, to try to surpress his other half, but something always tips him over the edge. Always. Whether it be an outside force or even himself, he can't fight it even though he tries his damndest. I respect that about Two-Face, it makes his character more tragic, because Bruce has always supported Harvey on his recovery, as Bruce Wayne and as Batman. If you can, I suggest reading the free comic "Two of a Kind" there's even an animated version floating around on Youtube as well. It's Harvey Dent written at his best.

When it comes to Dr. Doom, it's more like: "Whatever we had in the past is in th past, fuck you, fuck your powers, and fuck everything you believe in! I'm evil now! Muwahahaha!" And though neither character will change their ways, Dr. Doom doesn't even want to try. He embraces his villainy. I can see why someone can like him for that, I like Bowser from Super Mario for the same reason. Yet, I feel that if Bowser had once been friends with Mario that would just make Bowser a dick. Despite they go go-karting with each other in spin offs.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 5:03 am

http://collider.com/batman-superman-lex-luthor-jesse-eisenberg/

I can see Irons as Alfred, but Jesse Eisenberg, of all people, as Lex Luthor? This could arguably be worse than the Ben Affleck/Batman debacle.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 7:15 pm

I'm still waiting to see if they're serious about making The Flash hispanic for the purpose of Political correctness.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 7:14 am

Vandal wrote:
I'm still waiting to see if they're serious about making The Flash hispanic for the purpose of Political correctness.

Whoa now, wait a second...HISPANIC?!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 11:59 am

PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I know, now I'm no racist or anything but I love Flash. If they made him Hispanic, I can see so many jokes going around. Speedy Gonzales. Burrito Allen. Ugh. If they made him Asian, I'd have the same problem.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:13 pm

Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:

I know, now I'm no racist or anything but I love Flash. If they made him Hispanic, I can see so many jokes going around. Speedy Gonzales. Burrito Allen. Ugh. If they made him Asian, I'd have the same problem.

Coming from the guy who was ok with Sam Jackson or Adam Sandler playing Batman.

Otherwise, i think that would be a hilarious change for Flash. Speaking of, what is Flash's 'real' name? Wasnt it like Wally something? I remember them mentioning it in Daddy Day Care. So what are they gonna do anyway, make his name Pablo Gonzales? I like Pablo.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 1:59 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
http://collider.com/batman-superman-lex-luthor-jesse-eisenberg/

I can see Irons as Alfred, but Jesse Eisenberg, of all people, as Lex Luthor? This could arguably be worse than the Ben Affleck/Batman debacle.

Jesse Eisenberg is the kid from The Social Network, Superbad and Zombieland, correct?

I kinda think he'd be fine. Didn't everyone first cringe at the thought of Heath Ledger as Joker, and now he is like everyone's favorite portrayal. I enjoyed his performance.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 3:03 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Vandal wrote:
PWNERX wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Coming from the guy who was ok with Sam Jackson or Adam Sandler playing Batman.

Otherwise, i think that would be a hilarious change for Flash. Speaking of, what is Flash's 'real' name? Wasnt it like Wally something? I remember them mentioning it in Daddy Day Care. So what are they gonna do anyway, make his name Pablo Gonzales? I like Pablo.
I said I don't care who they picked out for Batman because I really don't care for him on film anymore. It was an analogy, of course Samuel Jackson would be a poor choice for the Batman. They just did whatever seemed cool for Batman in his last movie, what was cool for them was poison to me.

It depends on which Flash you're talking about. Jay Garrick was the first Flash, Barry Allen (who they plan on using) was the second Flash who wore the famous red costume first, then the Third Flash that you're thinking of his Wally West, who grew up from Kid Flash and was the Flash in Justice League and Superman the Animated Series. They haven't fucked up the Flash on film yet, so maybe there's hope. Not like The Dark Knight Rises. God that was so bad.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 10:08 pm

Nigga please TDK Rises wasn't that bad. Sure it falls short from The Dark Knight. How could they top Ledger's Joker? I think a really good Riddler or Penguin could've, but not Bain. Seriously a snooze fest. I really enjoyed the movie when I saw it opening night, i had perfect seats!

And I'm not very familar with The Flash anyway. What does he do run up to people while wearing a trenchcoat and nothing else, then open it up to expose himself to unsuspecting victims? The perfect way to stop that is for when they do it, just point and laugh. They'll never do it again.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 3:47 am

Teh Spike wrote:
Nigga please TDK Rises wasn't that bad. Sure it falls short from The Dark Knight. How could they top Ledger's Joker? I think a really good Riddler or Penguin could've, but not Bain. Seriously a snooze fest. I really enjoyed the movie when I saw it opening night, i had perfect seats!

And I'm not very familar with The Flash anyway. What does he do run up to people while wearing a trenchcoat and nothing else, then open it up to expose himself to unsuspecting victims? The perfect way to stop that is for when they do it, just point and laugh. They'll never do it again.

Lalz, Spike. Lalz.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 7:46 am

I'll just leave this here:

Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 11:17 am

Flash is one of the most powerful non-god superheroes. You can only beat his speed while he's sleeping. Or if you're Batman with a "failsafe" for every Justice League member. If you don't, you're a damn fool. And I can see the board meeting when someone said "We got Jesse Eisenberg for Lex Luthor!" I'm assuming the response was, "Eisenberg?! No! We said Heisenberg!"
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 6:33 am

Batfleck and the new Batmobile.

https://imgur.com/3hRU6px
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 EmptyWed May 14, 2014 8:46 am

That's actually pretty decent. Looks like a cross between Frank Miller and Jim Lee Batman. Unlike pretty much every other Batman iteration, this looks comic book acurate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Batman
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8