Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
The Batman - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
The Batman - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
The Batman - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
The Batman - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

The Batman

Go down 
+14
Teh Black Cat
gowett
MSR
SWITCHMYND
Vandal
Godzilla90s
Bub537
00biohazard
No ah
Mass Distraction
Ghost Leader
NiteKrawler
Spike991
ChickenHeart
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

The Batman - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:07 am

Mercy wrote:
What's so unoriginal about Superman? Again, he's the first "super hero" any cliches were because of him. A ton of characters are over powered, that doesn't make them bad characters. Green Lantern has the most powerful weapon in the Universe, Flash is immune to heat, wind chills, mind control, he can become intangible, and of course the speed force. Thor is a god, Wolverine is practically invincible.
I was half joking and I never mentioned anything about him being unoriginal or anything about cliches.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 pm

ChickenHeart wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
The Flash is basically the most powerful hero of them all because of his speed. No one gives him credit.

The Batman - Page 6 Tumblr_l550530Ob01qcb95go1_500

If you are serious then you obviously know very little about the DC universe. Or logic. The Flash can do ANYTHING before any other being even begins to formulate a thought process. By the time even Superman knows where The Flash is, Flash already circled the Earth 5 times, found kryptonite and stabbed it into Supe's brain.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 1:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Flash is freakin' boss. I can't wait for DC animated Flashpoint to come out later this year. But yeah, on top of super speed, he has intangebility, he moves his molecules so fast, he can phase through objects. DC has recently been delving into Flash's mind as he breaks into the speed force, he basically becomes aware of everything going around him, his brain not only lets him see everything that's currently happening, but a few seconds into the future because he can predict what's going to happen.

Also; Aquaman gets no credit at all. He has super strength, rules over 70% of the world, breathes underwater, bulletproof skin, and telepathy. He gets so much flak because he communicates to fish and is constantly being dismissed as useless if there's no water around. Not to say some of those jokes are hilarious.

@Spike: I hated that movie because of that kid. But at least Captain Boomerang got a mention.

The Dark Knight Rises was such a horrible departure from Bruce's character… and was it so hard to make Robin's name Dick Grayson? I got excited for a minute when she said "You should use your real name." When she said "Robin" it drove me up the wall and I hated life for a minute.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:13 pm

Mercy wrote:
Flash is freakin' boss. I can't wait for DC animated Flashpoint to come out later this year. But yeah, on top of super speed, he has intangebility, he moves his molecules so fast, he can phase through objects. DC has recently been delving into Flash's mind as he breaks into the speed force, he basically becomes aware of everything going around him, his brain not only lets him see everything that's currently happening, but a few seconds into the future because he can predict what's going to happen.

Also; Aquaman gets no credit at all. He has super strength, rules over 70% of the world, breathes underwater, bulletproof skin, and telepathy. He gets so much flak because he communicates to fish and is constantly being dismissed as useless if there's no water around. Not to say some of those jokes are hilarious.

@Spike: I hated that movie because of that kid. But at least Captain Boomerang got a mention.

The Dark Knight Rises was such a horrible departure from Bruce's character… and was it so hard to make Robin's name Dick Grayson? I got excited for a minute when she said "You should use your real name." When she said "Robin" it drove me up the wall and I hated life for a minute.

Agree with everything. Rises was fairly disappointing for me. Mercy, I have recently watched Under the Red Hood and Green Lantern: First Flight. Are there any other DC animated films you can suggest? I've loved all the ones I've seen so far. I've also seen the Doom one and the one with the alternate universe and the one with Supergirl that ends in the awesome Darkseid fight. Also, which Flash are they using for the New 52? ALSO...how about that New 52 Joker? So creepy now lol.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:00 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Agree with everything. Rises was fairly disappointing for me. Mercy, I have recently watched Under the Red Hood and Green Lantern: First Flight. Are there any other DC animated films you can suggest? I've loved all the ones I've seen so far. I've also seen the Doom one and the one with the alternate universe and the one with Supergirl that ends in the awesome Darkseid fight. Also, which Flash are they using for the New 52? ALSO...how about that New 52 Joker? So creepy now lol.

Actually I did mention "Superman: What's so Funny About Truth Justice and the American Way?" a must read Superman comic that they translated onto film late last year called "Superman vs. the Elite." If you don't like Superman, watch this film. You will change your mind. Also the best animated DC film I've seen thus far is "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Part I and II" which by the way fanboys, is the comic that heavily inspired The Dark Knight Rises. Honestly, all the DC films in my opinion are freaking incredible, "Wonder Woman" is also a must see. But I would stay away from "Green Lantern: Emerald Knights" and "All Star Superman." They're just too broken up.

As for New 52 Flash, they brought Barry Allen (The Flash from Justice League Doom) back from the dead, I believe Wally (Justice League: Animated show) is in Teen Titans.

I haven't read any of the recent comics lately, and I really should, but I wasn't satasfied with the Joker they had in Detective Comics #1. I pray he's gotten better in the new issues. Didn't he let Dollmaker rip his face off?
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Mercy wrote:
Also; Aquaman gets no credit at all. He has super strength, rules over 70% of the world, breathes underwater, bulletproof skin, and telepathy.

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Also; Aquaman gets no credit at all. He has super strength, rules over 70% of the world, breathes underwater, bulletproof skin, and telepathy.

I challenge you to read Aquaman #1 of the New 52 and not enjoy the hell out of it.

The Batman - Page 6 Aquaman-New-52-Badass
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:45 pm

Oh my god lol. Yeah, after actually seeing Aquaman in really any media (maybe barring Smallville), it is hard to not like him. He's actually more manly than a lot of heroes. I'll have to give those films a look, especially since Batman is my favorite DC hero. I do like Superman by the way. I respect basically every comic book character for different reasons. I haven't really found any characters that I hate on. And es, Dollmaker took Joker's face off. I have no idea what the circumstance was though. Apparently Dollmaker is a new villain? Whenever I hear of him/her (I don't know the sex) I think of the Toymaker from Superman. And I'm not even sure if the Toymaker is in the comics...I only know of him from Smallville. But yeah, right now Joker has his face held on with staples and a belt!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:46 am

Aquaman is pretty damn awesome. He does seem to come off more manly than Superman or Green Lantern, but he always gets discounted because he "talks to fish."

Dollmaker was actually in comivs prior to New 52, but artist David Finch decided to take most the designs from another artist: Jesus Saiz, and make a story out of him. Toymaker is from Superman, he was in the comics before any of the shows. He was even in Super Friends.

Holy cow that is not pretty. That seems Nolan inspired, but they took the whole "Scar" thing a little too far.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm

Mercy wrote:
I challenge you to read Aquaman #1 of the New 52 and not enjoy the hell out of it.

Nah. I don't read.

Oh ma gawd...so epic!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 1:11 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Nah. I don't read.
And Americans wonder why the rest of the world thinks they're stupid.

Did you know American comics pop out and is extremely flashy for a reason? Look at a European comic, it's practically a wall of text.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 10:55 pm

But comics about Barry Allen should be Flashy! Wink
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:26 am

Mercy wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Nah. I don't read.

Did you know American comics pop out and is extremely flashy for a reason? Look at a European comic, it's practically a wall of text.

Mercy I'd like to hear your thoughts on Superman, he's my fave superhero but I haven't read any of the new stuff (new 52). And yeah, compare reading spiderman with reading Tin Tin. Tin Tin is all text (but still awesome).
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 1:16 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Nah. I don't read.

Mercy I'd like to hear your thoughts on Superman, he's my fave superhero but I haven't read any of the new stuff (new 52). And yeah, compare reading spiderman with reading Tin Tin. Tin Tin is all text (but still awesome).
The Man of Steel not only stands for Truth Justice and the American way, he embodies it. Superman is a cultural icon in America, and these values come from his Earth father in the comics. You can always count on Superman to do the right thing, always. There's a certain nobility Superman has that nearly every other superhero doesn't own to. He's IGN's #1 Super hero for a reason, Superman stands to reason, he fights for peace, and he cherishes human life. One reason why I'm doubting the new movie coming in June is because of one line that Jonathan Kent told Superman after he asked if he should let a school full of children drown, he replied "Maybe." This is the man he gets all his core values from, this is the man that , he says "maybe??"

I think it's about as much as an abandonment of character as Bruce was to Dark Knight Rises.

Honestly, the Superman in the New 52 is boring and he doesn't have much of a relationship of Lois anymore. He seems more focused on macking with Wonder Woman. I haven't read a lot of Superman in the New 52, I stopped after maybe issue 6. Supergirl on the other hand has been really interesting in the New 52.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Mercy wrote:
One reason why I'm doubting the new movie coming in June is because of one line that Jonathan Kent told Superman after he asked if he should let a school full of children drown, he replied "Maybe."

I thought I was the only one who couldn't wrap my mind around that! I haven't heard any mention of that scene at all and I can't believe it. I mean...this is Jonathan Kent! Perhaps the most honorable man to grace fiction. He would never say that. I really hope that trailer was a misrepresentation. If he actually says that in the film, I will be floored.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 6:19 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:
One reason why I'm doubting the new movie coming in June is because of one line that Jonathan Kent told Superman after he asked if he should let a school bus full of children drown, he replied "Maybe."

I thought I was the only one who couldn't wrap my mind around that! I haven't heard any mention of that scene at all and I can't believe it. I mean...this is Jonathan Kent! Perhaps the most honorable man to grace fiction. He would never say that. I really hope that trailer was a misrepresentation. If he actually says that in the film, I will be floored.
It's been bugging me since I first saw it, and I haven't heard people talk about it either. They do tend to put things in trailers that never gets seen in the final product, but this is a serious scene. Since we're not seeing everything, we could possibly be misinterpreting it. On the other hand, if that's the end of the conversation I'm going to walk out of the theatre pissed.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:46 pm

I watched both Dark Knight Returns. It was really good! Kind of sad though.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:55 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:
One reason why I'm doubting the new movie coming in June is because of one line that Jonathan Kent told Superman after he asked if he should let a school full of children drown, he replied "Maybe."

The only reason I have faith in that, is because I think he said that out of confusion, because he cares so much about Clark. Unreasonable because of his big heart. I love Pa Kent. Let's hope they don't ruin him (or I will hunt down Kevin Costner).
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:06 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
I just loved the conclusion to the movie. It was really hopeful. Way better than the book in my opinion, mainly because of the music. But otherwise it still trumps The Dark Knight Rises in my opinion.

00biohazard wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:

The only reason I have faith in that, is because I think he said that out of confusion, because he cares so much about Clark. Unreasonable because of his big heart. I love Pa Kent. Let's hope they don't ruin him (or I will hunt down Kevin Costner).
There are several ways the conversation could have went. Him saying "Maybe" is how any other dad would have answered who didn't grow up in Smallville. But I could have seen it go something like this:

"You have to keep this side of yourself a secret."
"What was I supposed to do? Just let them all die?"
"No, Clark. You must always do the right thing. If you have the means to save lives, of course. Life is a precious gift."
"So what do I do? I have to keep my powers a secret, but if I see a people in danger, what then?"
"Hide your identity."
"How am I supposed to do that?"
"Have you tried wearing your underpants on the outside?"
"Not in a million years."

Every conversation Clark has with his dad is a learning experience.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 12:45 am

Mercy wrote:
Spike Reaver wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Nah. I don't read.
I guess the sarcasm was lost on you. lol!

Comics have never really been my forte, at least not recently. And even then, the only superhero comic I've enjoyed was... well, probably not something I should name since it's not suitable for any younger members of this community.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 4:17 am

Batman Forever? Pfft. Rapeman is where it's at.

Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:03 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Batman Forever? Pfft. Rapeman is where it's at.
No, certainly not either of those. I personally find Rapeman to be repugnant and would joyously use a blowtorch on whoever came up with him.

No, let's just say it looks at the darker, corporate side of superheroes and the main protagonist bears a striking resemblance to a certain English actor. Anyone familiar with the title will probably know what it is just by those hints.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 3:47 pm

Mercy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
I just loved the conclusion to the movie. It was really hopeful. Way better than the book in my opinion, mainly because of the music. But otherwise it still trumps The Dark Knight Rises in my opinion.

00biohazard wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:

There are several ways the conversation could have went. Him saying "Maybe" is how any other dad would have answered who didn't grow up in Smallville. But I could have seen it go something like this:

"No, Clark. You must always do the right thing. If you have the means to save lives, of course. Life is a precious gift."
"So what do I do? I have to keep my powers a secret, but if I see a people in danger, what then?"
"Hide your identity."

But that sounded very cliché and boring. Staying true to a character and doing it interestingly can be done.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:23 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Mercy wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:

00biohazard wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Mercy wrote:

"Hide your identity."

But that sounded very cliché and boring. Staying true to a character and doing it interestingly can be done.
My point is anything but saying "maybe." That makes him look indecisive, unwise, and for Superman's character, counter-productive. That goes against Superman's very nature. "Maybe?!" You're going to tell the next savior of the planet it might be a good idea to let a bus full of children drown to death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Batman   The Batman - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Batman
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next