HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Who would you to see in the future films??

Go down 
+3
Ghost Leader
The Knife
Mass Distraction
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Who would you to see in the future films?? Empty
PostSubject: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 4:50 am

So, I've read alot of the posts regarding the RE movies, and how alot of people are feeling let down by them. I can't deny that when I first saw Resident Evil, and the main character was a woman, Alice, I was like, "What? Who the f**k is Alice"? But like it has already been mentioned, the Mansion and aspects of the game were added. Then I got into it.
I think I've mentioned before, but when you watch the movies from a completely different angle, you can really enjoy it.
However, saying that, I did feel that it's was missing characters. So, back to the topic, who would like to see, well for me, Claire would of been really good in the second film, but added to the series, I think Sheva would be a good character personally. She'd really kick some a**s.

So, you guys got any thoughts??[b]
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:05 am

I just really hope they won't poorly incorporate any more characters in the movies... Only Rebecca from the main cast has survived the movies thus far as Barry, Leon and Ada are confirmed for the next one.

I'd rather see these characters come to life in a CG movie. Here's hoping for a good cast in Damnation.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:26 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I just really hope they won't poorly incorporate any more characters in the movies... Only Rebecca from the main cast has survived the movies thus far as Barry, Leon and Ada are confirmed for the next one.

I'd rather see these characters come to life in a CG movie. Here's hoping for a good cast in Damnation.

Yeah, I totally agree with the first line of your text, they need to make more detail around these characters, but I'm guessing the viewer is supposed to fill in the blanks!

I really enjoyed RE:Degeneration, and looking forward to Damnation. But the only character that is confirmed/listed to return is Leon S Kenerdy.
I've checked out the Official website, and Wiki, and also ImDb. But no one else is mentioned, Sad

I'll keep scoruing the net to see what I can find.

With regards to the live action movies, I think that when they do a final RE movie, that they should blow their budget and tie up all the loose ends and back grounds of all their characters, then I reckon that'll please majority of people.

Just off topic for a sec, are you (or anyone else) looking forward to a Ghost In The Shell and Akira live action movie??
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:37 am

I doubt Anderson will tie anything up, even the plot for the next movie is sounding horrible. Also seeing how much the movies deviate from the actual series there's no way anyone could fill the blanks.

Of course there's no other characters confirmed for Damnation as it is still in production. They are even trying to keep the other guy from the trailer a secret. We will get more in fo in due time, the movie won't release until some time next year.

GitS and Akira are getting live action versions? Oh God... I must say, this does not sound good.

I might check the Higurashi live action movie to see if it's any good and then say if I want more anime to live action. At the moment I'm horrified of the thought.
Back to top Go down
The Knife
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
The Knife

Playstation Network wazoo1875

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:39 am

New idea for the final movie.

Resident Evil: Clusterfuck

It incorporates every. Single. Character of RE into one massive clusterfuck. Also, Monsters. And Wesker survives, somehow.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:40 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Also seeing how much the movies deviate from the actual series there's no way anyone could fill the blanks.
The live action movies are not part of the game canon. Accept it already and move on. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Of course they're not.

It's just impossible to fill in the backstory for some of the characters in the movies (like Chris) as we know nothing about them in that canon.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:15 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
It's just impossible to fill in the backstory for some of the characters in the movies (like Chris) as we know nothing about them in that canon.
Just like Capcom writing the game characters' backstories, that's Paul Anderson's job. Besides, extensive backgrounds aren't really needed for the movie characters. You can deduce what's needed from the movies themselves.

Jill
- Badass chick
- Looks good in a tube top and heels
- Dismissed from STARS after partner Leon S. Kennedy died
- Underpants!

Claire
- Raided Sarah Conner's closet
- Is hot shit with a Henry rifle
- Drives a yellow H3
- ???!

Chris
- Member of a special task force in the US Army
- Not a 'roid monkey
- Doesn't punch boulders
- Profit!

See?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:35 pm

You hurt my brain with your sense making.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:57 pm

GL: So now you are arguing that directors/writers need not develop characters in their movies because we should just deduce their stories ourselves? Not a chance. It's just as important to develop characters in movies as it is to do the same in games.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 4:24 am

A story that slowly builds character is what makes a movie great or mediocre.
One example of this is paranormal activity, most of you might not agree its a good film but I though it was a
really well done movie. The story is slow at the beginning but it starts to build the characters and make you connect
more with them and fell slight empathy for the couple and what they are going through.
Another example is one of my all time favourite horrors, The Shinning. That starts off slow as well but also builds
character as the story progresses onwards. You start to get uneasy with it and it grips you.
Got to be one of the best Psychological horror's ever made.

Anderson did not build character within the story of the RE movies, he used names from the games and smack
banged them in the film and focused on special effects, explosions and gun fights.
Thats why I cant stand most films now a days, they are over the top with effects and crap story.
I film is like a fine book, it needs an amazing storyline to grip the reader and also some traps so that you have to read
the whole book without skipping because you will miss a good chunk of extra storyline.

IMO the resident evil live action films should have went down the same route as 28 days later but
added a bit more action. Only thing was that I think resident evil was just out before 28 days later because both were
released in 2002.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 5:21 am

Mcghie wrote:
Another example is one of my all time favourite horrors, The Shinning.
Just curious, King's or Kubrik's version?
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:42 am

I really liked Paranormal Activity too. The sequels...not so much.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:44 am

I thought Paranormal 2 was great, although not as good as the first one. Haven't seen the third one yet.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:46 am

2 is still pretty good. 3 is almost a comedy. I can't count how many times the theater erupted with laughter during it.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 am

Oh crap. Well, I guess I'll still check it out as I already saw the first two. I just hope this is the last part, there's only so much you can do with this kinda movie.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:21 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Both. The book is far more detailed, but then again books will always excell against film,
But kubriks style of directory and the way he done the film was golden, the film is a must for every horror fans arsenal.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:33 am

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Both. The book is far more detailed, but then again books will always excell against film,
But kubriks style of directory and the way he done the film was golden, the film is a must for every horror fans arsenal.
Have you seen the mini series? I haven't but thought I'd throw that there.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

I actually havnt heard of it. Is it a film or a animation ?
Iv seen a lot of parody/comedy versions of it before.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:38 am

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

I actually havnt heard of it. Is it a film or a animation ?
Iv seen a lot of parody/comedy versions of it before.
An actual TV series.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shining_%28TV_miniseries%29
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:21 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Mcghie....i cant believe you just said that....

wrong.

well i think the best way of looking at is is not as definite as the movie versions are always better, or the books are alwzys better.

it depends.

silence of the lambs, space odyssey[another kubrick btw], and others that i cant think of at this moment...

SotL the Demme film, being better than the novel i think.

like i said, it just depends on the story, sometimes the movie will better capture it, other times the novel will.

But, a movie at its best versus a novel at its best, the film wins, simply because theres no wzy to capture a beautiful score, or impressive visuals, or an ace performance, in words.

oh, and the 007 movies versus the novels is another good example, fool.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Mcghie wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Mcghie wrote:

Mcghie....i cant believe you just said that....

wrong.

well i think the best way of looking at is is not as definite as the movie versions are always better, or the books are alwzys better.

it depends.

silence of the lambs, space odyssey[another kubrick btw], and others that i cant think of at this moment...

SotL the Demme film, being better than the novel i think.

like i said, it just depends on the story, sometimes the movie will better capture it, other times the novel will.

But, a movie at its best versus a novel at its best, the film wins, simply because theres no wzy to capture a beautiful score, or impressive visuals, or an ace performance, in words.

oh, and the 007 movies versus the novels is another good example, fool.

Lol I was meaning GOOD movies and books Razz
007 ? come on, the books are a disgrace, the films are not to bad though (roger moore as bond ones anyway)
Silence of the lambs was far more superior in novel form than the film Smile
But I understand what you mean I shouldn't have generalized the books always being better than the movies.
Although most classic movies are backed by even more classical novel.
I have a good active imagination so I think thats why I always get a good experience from reading.

One question for you though, which did you think was better. The shinning novel or film ? I think its a draw because each have its amazing pro's but really not any con's. just wondering what your view on that subject is.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 6:49 am

Spike991 wrote:
a movie at its best versus a novel at its best, the film wins, simply because theres no wzy to capture a beautiful score, or impressive visuals, or an ace performance, in words.
If the book is really well written, then yes it is. A good example on this is Pet Sematary.

It is just a common thing that books usually triumph over movies as there is no way to put 500-800 pages of story and details into an hour and a half.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:34 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
a movie at its best versus a novel at its best, the film wins, simply because theres no wzy to capture a beautiful score, or impressive visuals, or an ace performance, in words.
If the book is really well written, then yes it is. A good example on this is Pet Sematary.

It is just a common thing that books usually triumph over movies as there is no way to put 500-800 pages of story and details into an hour and a half.
right, you can put all kinds of details in a book that a movie cant quite do.

but the drama at its best, a certain comecic timing, not to mention music and just audio in general, has got books beat.

theres no way to properly describe a lightsaber, versus seeing and hearing it for the first time.

@mcghie, i love the 007 films, connery and brosnan ftw. i havent read any of the novels though.

as for the shining, yet again, ive only seen the kubrick film, so id go with that, reserving judgement til i read the book of course.

buuuuut, in case you havent noticed, im a little biased, as a movie buff, but i still very fairly stand by movies, at their best, beat out a book at its best.

there are certain things that books can pull off, details, insight into ones thoughts, etc, but films can do just fine with character development, and showing emotions, as well as provoking them from the audience.

have you ever jumped out of you seat with horror and terror reading a book?

''And the killer popped out from around the corner!'' HOLY SHIT, OMG, i almost had a heart attack....
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 12:22 am

I'm with Spike. Until you can give me the same feeling in a book that I get from a dramatic scene set to "Requiem for a Dream", then your argument is invalid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would you to see in the future films??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next