HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.

Go down 
+21
DXP
Kino_00
Ultimate Bio-Weapon
ohmybasch
chrisredfielmusculo
ThomVD
fernandofan08
Jill Sandwich
frodomir
RebelliousQueen
XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX
ChickenHeart
Vandal
PAULSAMSON
00biohazard
Mass Distraction
Spike991
Ghost Leader
weskersbarber
Sargent D
Project Alice Abernathy
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Project Alice Abernathy
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Project Alice Abernathy

Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. Empty
PostSubject: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Last edited by Project Alice Abernathy on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:12 pm

I never really liked any of the movies. (no suprise there lol)

Welcome to the forums by the way!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Project Alice Abernathy
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Project Alice Abernathy

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Last edited by Project Alice Abernathy on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:40 pm

Loved the first one but was dissapointed that the main characters werent Jill, Chris, Barry etc

Apoclaypse for me is the best one. Nemesis was superb and Raccon City in lockdown with zombies was well done.

Extinction was the worst. Awful storyline, setting and the part were alice stops the flamethrower by doing nothing made me want to smash the tv.

Afterlife was an improvement but Wentworth Miller as Chris was awful.

Retribution looks to be the worst in the series so far.

Paul Anderson is a horrible director.
Back to top Go down
Project Alice Abernathy
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Project Alice Abernathy

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:48 pm

Last edited by Project Alice Abernathy on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sargent D
Government Official
Government Official
Sargent D

Playstation Network Demented_Warfare
Steam : Eldritch Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:03 pm

Project Alice Abernathy wrote:
Paul Anderson is like Mayonnaise. He is good on somethings and FUCKING TERRIBLE on others.
Wow that is so true and so funny. Cool
Back to top Go down
https://www.exophase.com/user/Mind%20Astray/
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Resident Evil-

Resident Evil: Apocalypse-

Resident Evil: Extinction-

Resident Evil: Afterlife-

Resident Evil Degeneration-
Love it.
Love it.
Like it.
Uh... Wentworth Miller as Chris pretty much saved it for me.
Love it.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

Resident Evil-

Love it.
Love it.
Like it.
Love it.

Wait, why did Miller as Chris count as a good thing for you?

I mean I think I remember you argreeing that Paul Walker would make a good Chris, not that I'd expect him to make an appearance in one of the RE movies, but Miller, doesn't look, sound or really act like Chris. But his name is Chris Redfield....

Not that it bothered me much, as like I said, I don't take them seriously like some, but I certainly noticed how off he was. Really not a great choice IMO.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 12:08 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Resident Evil-

Love it.
Love it.
Like it.
Love it.

I mean I think I remember you argreeing that Paul Walker would make a good Chris, not that I'd expect him to make an appearance in one of the RE movies, but Miller, doesn't look, sound or really act like Chris. But his name is Chris Redfield....
I thought it was an interesting take on the character and he played the role quite well, the same reason that I like Sienna Guillory's version of Jill Valentine. Neither were intended to be exact representations of their in-game counterparts. My stance on Paul Walker hasn't changed.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:20 am

I'll just give my general opinion on this one. After Retribution is released I'm going to go for a whole rundown on what I think of the series and try to be as unbiased as I can.

Genesis - My favorite of the bunch. It was a really good movie and I just wish Anderson had kept the series the way this was, maybe not even dragging it as long as it has gone now. If it was just kept as a side story without mixing anything too prominent from the games they would've kept me interested.

Apocalypse - I thought this one was a good movie. Maybe just for the fact that it was based on my favorite RE game, Nemesis. I liked the overall look and addition of likeable and classic characters. Only if Alice had not been there this would be one of the best movies ever... Still ok, but from this on the movies have just gone worse and worse.

Extinction - Interesting setting but the overall story was horrible. Sure it was cool to see characters like Claire but with Alice getting superpowers and a bazillion clones this was just scraping the bottom of the barrel storywise. Visually well made.

Afterlife - This movie is just a horrible abomination to me... I hate to have it and I would never in a million years watch it again. The special effects were horrible and looked way too computer generated. Seriously, I've seen more believable explosions in NES games. Not even lying. On to story, At least the earlier movies explained everything going on but this just threw everything out of the window and decided to superglue elements from the latest game to it just to look "cool". First Anderson takes the series further from the games, which was nice considering Alice and all, then he just decides to take everything he can from RE5 and shove them in 90 minutes. Why? Without any explanation what was going on either. This movie is the epitome of my hatred for these films. The only good part in this entire film was that the clones died. And even that was stupid. All in all, this one was like the most horrible b-movie ever.

Degeneration - I liked the fact that it was actually canon and we got to see Claire again. Leon and her meeting again and having another G-Tyrant battle was amazing. Damn, I gotta go watch it again. Really waiting for Damnation.

Now, Paul as a director, he has made some good movies too like Mortal Kombat, AvP and Death Race but the RE series combined with the god-awful movie version of Dead or Alive... I'm not sure what to think. I just wish he gave this movie series a rest. It's starting to feel like Saw when there's a new movie coming almost every year. I really liked those movies too but somewhere around the time I heard there was going to be saw 4 and 5 I kinda lost interest.

Btw. How did you go for that username while the movies clearly aren't the best thing ever to you?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Project Alice Abernathy
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Project Alice Abernathy

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 4:49 pm

Last edited by Project Alice Abernathy on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 7:48 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Resident Evil-

Love it.
Love it.
Like it.
Love it.

I thought it was an interesting take on the character and he played the role quite well, the same reason that I like Sienna Guillory's version of Jill Valentine. Neither were intended to be exact representations of their in-game counterparts. My stance on Paul Walker hasn't changed.

I liked her too, although she was quite different. Smoking and "Who the fuck are you?", just odd for JV.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 1:31 am

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Resident Evil-

Love it.
Love it.
Like it.
Love it.

I liked her too, although she was quite different. Smoking and "Who the fuck are you?", just odd for JV.
I thought the added layer of badassness better reflected her ex-Delta past than the in-game version does.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 7:39 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Resident Evil-

Love it.
Love it.
Like it.
Love it.

I thought the added layer of badassness better reflected her ex-Delta past than the in-game version does.

I personally respect the humble Jill more.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Movies are in IMO a way of profiting by putting in zombies, generic kick ass female character, and just general wackiness. I only somewhat enjoyed the first one cause it was pretty freaky, and the fourth one, cause it had chris, claire, and wesker. But thats it. Still watched all of them though. Degeneration was really slow paced, and the characters had freaky faces, but you gotta love leon and claire back together.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:20 pm

00biohazard wrote:
Degeneration was really slow paced, and the characters had freaky faces, but you gotta love leon and claire back together.

Exactly. That's pretty much what made it worth watching. I can't understand how somebody can actually say that one was better than the Anderson films, unless they are being harshly biased instead of calling it objectively, down the middle, like Bill Alfonso.

I mean, the first RE movie was awesome, and the others were watchable, basically. I'm gonna reserve myself on Extinction a bit.

But yeah, on the case for Degeneration it said it was like nonstop action or some BS, which is false. Not that I'd want that, but still, false advertising in many ways.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:39 pm

first movie: like it
second: meh
third: don't like it
fourth: don't like it
degeneration: could have been better, but next to the other ones it was great
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:27 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:

Now I'm curious as to whether you think it was great next to the other ones because it was canon, or is there a more legit reason?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 8:13 pm

Spike991 wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:

Now I'm curious as to whether you think it was great next to the other ones because it was canon, or is there a more legit reason?

Yeah, somehting like that, I'd put it this way:

the best thing about the first movie: it has nothing to do with the games (except for the diegetic world)

the best thing about degeneration: it has nothing to do with the rest of the live action movies
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 11:03 pm

You know what? I don't think I like any Resident Evil film adaptation one bit. I like the voice talents in Degeneration, but that was all. I couldnt go any further than 30 minutes into the 3rd film, it was hard to bare the first two films. I think Resident Evil should just be a game, but it's no doubt the popularity of the franchise that there would be movies coming out for it.

If Damnation sucks that's it. I'm never going to watch another Resident Evil film again.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 1:54 am

PAULSAMSON wrote:
Yeah, somehting like that, I'd put it this way:

the best thing about the first movie: it has nothing to do with the games (except for the diegetic world)

the best thing about degeneration: it has nothing to do with the rest of the live action movies

The first movie was perfect, and that's the bottom line.

Now, it originally was meant to be like a prequel to the first game, but because of Capcom inconsiderately releasing RE0, which in it's own right is probably better(haha), but that is why the movies made such a drastic change. I mean Anderson could've stopped it there, but why, why not make some more money.

And honestly, I feel like the movies have really only positively influenced the games.

All that said, I'm not really into the movies, but I certainly don't hate them.

Degeneration blows. Kinda.

I mean the fact that it's canon, and has two legit VA's voicing their characters is the only thing that maybe could've saved that one.

I hope Damnation is so much better. Of course the bar isn't so high, so it has plenty of room for mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 3:10 am

Nothing is perfect, dear Spikey Razz

Anyway, I really enjoyed Degeneration more than the live action movies and not because it was canon. I like the animation, zombies, characters, creatures...

Sure the first movie was good but not as good as Degeneration, not in my opinion. I legit like the movie while not being biased.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ChickenHeart
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
ChickenHeart

Playstation Network BrokenWindows

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Resident Evil: The movie had a good mix of action and horror. My main complaint is that alot of the characters have little to no personality espicialy the USS team. One seems like a badass yet his only contribution to the film is saying "You're in the Hive" and getting chopped into tiny pieces. The laser room shouldn't have been the main reason for the deaths of the characters. I see what Anderson was trying to do with it though. Showing that the humans were basically at the mercy of the technology. However RE isnt about that it's about surviving against zombies and BOWs. Alice didn't have superpowers and Leon fanboys could be heard crying everywhere when the newspaper at the end said he was dead. All in all not a bad movie. 4/5

RE: Apocalypse: I'm just going to say it now. This movie was shaping up pretty good until Alice showed up. I hate overpowered characters in films, espicially in a movie that's supposed to have elements of horror in it. I liked Jill being a little bit more badass than in the games. To me the saving character of this movie was the one played by Mike Epps. Who doesn't like the "GTA MOTHERFUCKER!" line? Compared to the first movie the characters shown have more personality and there's actually some backstory to them. Making Nemesis be a mutation from Matt made it a little cooler than just being some random creation. However, the whole "Who are those guys?" "They're STARS....the best" "Kill STARS member" discussion was stupid. I mean they couldn't have added something in there to make it seem less random? The setting inside the city gave the movie a better atmosphere when compared to cold boring lab of the first movie. One of my big complaints of this movie was Anderson just started throwing game characters in randomly. 3.5/5

RE: Extinction: Honestly I hated this movie. Everything about it was just so predictable. Add another character from the game, kill of few characters off so we can make room for more characters from other RE games in the next movie.
1.5/5

RE: Afterlife: Alot of people don't this one but I think it was a big step up from the last movie. Sure, it has alot of stock characters in it("Token black guy" "Wimpy guy that'll turn on the group" etc). However it brought back more of the feel of the first movie. Alice pretty much loses her superpowers which means no more ridiculous scenes like the crows being lit on fire. I thought Wentworth Miller made a good Chris. He reminded me of the Chris from the original RE games as oppposed to the hulked-out superman we see in RE5. Good action/fight scenes. It could've used a little more elements of horror but all in all not bad. 3/5
Back to top Go down
XXLadyXXofXXZombiesXX
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 12:11 pm

I really liked all the films except the third one, it was okay. The first and second ones though are my favorite out of the live action movies.
Degeneration was really good and i can't wait for the next one.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 am

Resident Evil, The very first one. Rain Ocampo is awesome. Bitch ain't standing now? My favorite line of her and also the Apocalypse cause Nemesis is there and Jill with the black hair. Lastly the Afterlife cause of Chris and Claire including Wesker.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.   Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films. Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Opinion On All Resident Evil Films.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next