HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Who would you to see in the future films??

Go down 
+3
Ghost Leader
The Knife
Mass Distraction
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 5:59 am

Yeah I suppose a book cant described heavily actioned scenes but I was meaning book forms of horror or
thrillers, not action, with action I would prefer my special effects to be on screen Smile
No, a book wont make you jump BUT it does however grip you psychologically and disturb you in ways a film
cant. I suppose like anything in life there is pro's and con's and never a happy medium because one has something the other doesn't and also we are all individual at the end of the day and will always have different tastes.
Also I love a good score in a film the same way I love it in games *cough, resident evil 2, cough* . Razz
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:34 am

Mcghie wrote:
Yeah I suppose a book cant described heavily actioned scenes but I was meaning book forms of horror or
thrillers, not action, with action I would prefer my special effects to be on screen Smile
No, a book wont make you jump BUT it does however grip you psychologically and disturb you in ways a film
cant.
I never read anything but suspense, thriller and horror novels. Sometimes a good detective story or something like that works well. Action based books? Sounds yucky.

I agree with how books can disturb a person better than a movie. For example, Pet Sematary again, the movie was quite meh to me (even with the horror moments) but I was actually scared during parts of the book. Same goes with Christine.

I'm a huge movie fan but sometimes I just prefer books.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 10:18 am

Imagine the first Saw movie as a book. Use words to make me feel what I felt during the last 5 minutes of that movie. You can't? Exactly. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 11:51 am

Really depends on if it was a movie or a book first. The change of concept is not always good.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 11:04 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Really depends on if it was a movie or a book first. The change of concept is not always good.
that could affect things too.

i mainly mean any really good book versus any really good movie, not necessarily its movie or book counterpart.

ive always liked how RE impliments qualities from different mediums.

we get cinimatic stuff, reading pros via the files, and the gameplay representing the good aspects of video gaming.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Spike991 wrote:
we get cinimatic stuff, reading pros via the files, and the gameplay representing the good aspects of video gaming.
Don't forget we also have the novels and archive books.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 4:20 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
Don't forget we also have the novels and archive books.
yea, but i meant any given re game as a stand alone experience, has all of those qualities i mentioned.

thats not even counting all the backstory shit, thats why re is so awesome.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 7:29 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Imagine the first Saw movie as a book. Use words to make me feel what I felt during the last 5 minutes of that movie. You can't? Exactly. Wink

Saw ? pfft!
Read Flesh House, its a Scottish novel by one of Scotland's best novelist's Stuart MacBride and try and tell me you dont
get deeply disturbed.
Its about about a serial killer, thats all I will say because I dont want to give any of the story away but yeah its
a novel that will defiantly back up my case about a book taking you into fear and disturbance that a film couldn't achieve.
Also instead of it being relevant to our debate, give it a read anyway you will really enjoy it if you like reading good novel's.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 12:16 am

Although I haven't read it, you can't possibly make me believe that having that novel in film form with music and great actors to back it up would still impact me less than just the novel. Music is one of the most powerful tools to incite emotion. So unless your novel plays a tune each time you read it, I'm not buying your argument.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 8:09 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Although I haven't read it, you can't possibly make me believe that having that novel in film form with music and great actors to back it up would still impact me less than just the novel. Music is one of the most powerful tools to incite emotion. So unless your novel plays a tune each time you read it, I'm not buying your argument.

Infact last week I was actually saying this novel would make a kick ass horror flick and yes
I do agree music fills a film or game and viewer/player with emotions and helps guide the film
but thats because a film is visual so you need to set the mood of the scene, due to the fact you cant make a film with
such detail that you would understand the atmosphere of a scene straight away.
Novel's on the other hand can be as long as they want and even though there is not a bone chilling score behind them
the way that such scenes are described and laid out stimulates your brain the same way film and music does.
It is really hard to describe because It might be just me that gets this into novels and might be a little bit hard for you
to understand the feelings I get when I read a good novel.

Although I am not going for novel against film because I am a big film buff as well.
I just believe both can achieve the same effect, depending on the reader/viewer.
You cant deny that fact Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 10:04 am

I know sometimes I get emotional when reading books/novels, but even when I do, it's just not really anything compared to when I get emotional with films. I have an excellent imagination and when I'm reading, I almost go blind to my surroundings because I'm so into picturing what I am reading. I just have to give the edge to films because it is much easier and natural to become a part of them.
Back to top Go down
Cyberote
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Cyberote

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:12 am

I want to see Paul Anderson in the next one getting killed by a Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:12 am

NiteKrawler wrote:
Music is one of the most powerful tools to incite emotion. So unless your novel plays a tune each time you read it, I'm not buying your argument.

exactly.its one of those things that no novel can touch.

there is a certain sophistication to fancying books over film, and books are almost looked at as being boring by many, but despite things like that, as some who appreciates both, and obviously movies more, it still doesnt compare.

particularly the film at its best versus a novel at its best.

you also cant take your lady friend out on a date to read a book....i dont think.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 3:33 pm

Spike991 wrote:

you also cant take your lady friend out on a date to read a book....i dont think.

You can when they bring out a Kindle with HDMI output and it will be much cheaper Razz
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

You can when they bring out a Kindle with HDMI output and it will be much cheaper Razz
Lame-o.

some of this is kind of a matter of opinion, but honestly, idk about that.

theres no debate about the superiority of the many ways films can entertain us and play with our emotions....

there are just so many things that reading wont be able to touch....
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 5:02 am

Some pieces of literature, like the excellent novella The Lady of Finnigan's Hearth, I would never even want to see as movie versions. Some things just should remain unchanged.

Again, I'm only in for movies vs. books in the sense if one is made of the other (as was the case with The Shining).

For me it's really just what mood I'm in and what feels better at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 11:05 am

Mood is a good point.

im rarely in the mood to read though....i should a little more. im just extra picky about what i spend my time reading.

i know ive never watched a movie and thought that it should be turned into a novel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would you to see in the future films??   Who would you to see in the future films?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would you to see in the future films??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2