HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What improvments do you think they could have made?

Go down 
+3
Spike991
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Well I am in the same boat about RE4 not being a masterpiece, but in terms of the plot, it wasn't really too much different than RE2 or CVX, as it had some plot while keeping the main thing being The Organization trying to retrieve some sample of G or T-Veronica or Las Plagas...

The plot of RE2 and CVX were infinitely better than saving the president's daughter. How outplayed.
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:09 pm

RE4 lacked the charm i am afraid.......there was no bonding with the characters whatsoever...i didn't fel anything towards them at all whereas with RE5 i had a bond already with Chris, i felt his anger and rage at Wesker....it lured you in and kept you there and my god for once there was no screaming kid torescue every 5 minutes because she couldn't keep her stupid self hidden or do what i requested....she should have been rescued and then shot and then that should have been the end of it...simple as.

As for it being graphically of it's time...no not really the case, the graphics were slightly poor considering the likes of the HALO games which were also before RE4's time....so graphically they weren't top notch...they were standard...oh and a 5% differencr is hardly anything worth shouting about...if RE5 had come before RE4 it would have been the other way round for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:12 pm

RE4 had humour and RE5 was not that funny it was just an emotional rollercoater of a game. I think RE5 taked its self too seriously which is why it did not live up to its expectations.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:14 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well the good guys at IGN actually gave RE5 a lower rating than RE4. RE5 got 90 percent and RE4 got 95 percent. In fact I have actually browsed every single review of the resident evil games on IGN and out all of them RE4 got the highest ranking. Sure RE4 is not my favourite resident evil game, but every review has had nothing but apraise for RE4 and in my book thats enough to make it a masterpiece. Yes maybe the storyline on RE4 was like an over the top B rate movie but that was part of the games charm. Screw the people see that as a negative aspect of the game.

And pleeaase, RE4 is 4-5 years old and I think for the time the graphics are nothing but top notch. As far as I am concerened RE5 lacked the charm that RE4 did. Seriouly RE4 was something revolutionary and RE5 was just an excuse to rap up the original resident evil saga. Just my opinion.

A 5% difference? Really?

"Sure RE4 is not my favourite resident evil game, but every review has had nothing but apraise for RE4 and in my book thats enough to make it a masterpiece."

So if I got enough people to review and praise RE5 to the heavens, you would like it better than RE4? Sounds like maybe you should start thinking for yourself instead of letting other people make your decisions for you. That's why religions are so rampant and cults so widespread...because of people like you.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:22 pm

I am actually a christian KnightCrawler so don't excuse me of religous nonsense.

Anyway I don't make other people make my decisions I have actually played RE4 to death and I think overall it is better than RE5.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:24 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am actually a christian KnightCrawler so don't excuse me of not beliveing in religion.

Well I could have guessed that. You rely on the Bible for every waking decision you make. Why not rely on reviewers to tell you what you do and don't like?
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Knight Crawler how can I make this sink in? In my post I said that I thought RE4 was better than RE5 because I have actually played the game unlike many posters on here.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Knight Crawler how can I make this sink in? In my post I said that I thought RE4 was better than RE5 because I have actually played the game unlike many posters on here.

I'm pretty sure every single poster here has played RE4. Too much I say, as it has poisoned them against anything else related to RE. You just don't seem to understand what good story telling is or what good character development is. Maybe to get this to sink in, you should use the same method you used to remember how to spell my user name...it seems to have worked wonderfully. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:32 pm

I would differ actually, I have a very good imagination and I feel I could easily make a good resident evil game myself if I had the right tools but sadly I don't.
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:34 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Errrrrr wrong thing to say on this forum Jamesy...you have now single handly accused everyone on here of having not played RE4......well i can tell you i have played it to death myself as i have every other single game including the very first RE....not REmake but when it first came out which i bet you never played....you probably jumped straight in with the REmake.....and i can heartedly say RE5 was miles better than RE4...i have a bit of hatred for it because that game brought us these fanboy Leon fans who started calling him Leon S Kennedy..who thought he was the only god damn hero in the whole of the series....that's why i hate it too.....added from it's lack luste storyline and annoying Ashley.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:35 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I would differ actually, I have a very good imagination and I feel I could easily make a good resident evil game myself if I had the right tools but sadly I don't.

Does this relate to anything I've said? Anyway, you may make a good game, but I doubt it. You liked RE4 and not so much RE5 and RE2, both of which were better. Therefore, you'd make a game more along the lines of RE4.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:38 pm

I have actually played the original RE1 but I am man enough to admit I never completed it. I have completed the remake though.

And nightcrawler if I did make a game like RE4 then how can that be a bad thing? RE4 had nothing but apraise and spanned 4 consoles.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I have actually played the original RE1 but I am man enough to admit I never completed it. I have completed the remake though.

And nightcrawler if I did make a game like RE4 then how can that be a bad thing? RE4 had nothing but apraise and spanned 4 consoles.

You bring up a excellent query. I can counter it with some basic math though.

RE4=Fail
RE4 Fanatics=Fail
Population of Fail>Population of Win

Therefore, RE4 was such a hit because it catered to more of the world's demographic...the Fail portion.

I believe I shall make this part of my sig from now on.
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:44 pm

It only spanned 4 formats beause at that time the graphics could be handled by them...by the time RE5 came out the PS2 was dead along with the Cube....2 of the formats that RE4 appeared on..so it is not RE5's fault that consoles have become next gen and are few and far between.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:45 pm

Oh god. I am sorry but your just being biased I am afraid. At the end of the day all reviewers gave RE4 at least 90 percent making it a very good game. A bad game will not get good marks. These are the facts of the gaming world, deal with it and stop being in denial about RE4 being a bad game.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:51 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Oh god. I am sorry but your just being biased I am afraid. At the end of the day all reviewers gave RE4 at least 90 percent making it a very good game. A bad game will not get good marks. These are the facts of the gaming world.

Yes, we are the biased ones. Why should I be biased? I'd be biased against something I love. I do wish RE4 was better, but alas, it is not. The difference between you and I is that I can admit to that. You said yourself that it was a mere 5% difference in the scores. And remember what I said before, the RE4 was being deified by any and all gamers during its reviews. RE5 on the other hand, was in the midst of being hated for its controls...the very same controls that RE4 had! Doesn't that say something about RE4 fans? They're almost all effed in the head. It's like they found a golden egg (RE4) and then suddenly another better golden egg comes along (RE5) and they stupidly think that the better golden egg is going to try and take their current golden egg away. So they defend it with great animosity!
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:53 pm

Well I think RE5 should have gotten less than just 5 percent lower than RE4. If anything I think RE5 is slightly overated when it comes to the percentage it scored.
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Ah Jamesy so very young of the world...you obviously have yet to encounter the types of reviewers who are PAID to say a bad game is good so it will make at least some sales and score some percentage. At the end of the day i will not buy a game based on what the reviewers tell me.....that is what is THEIR version of the game...not MY version...ever human being sees things differently on this planet so we will all see games differently. I never trust anyone who tels me a game is good....i will only try it if i feel like it and if i like it then fair enough...i know that is based on my feelings towards the game and not some corperate persons....alot of reviewers out there will give good reviews to games that are poor because they are paid to and believe me there are lots of them out there. For instance one magazine gave the game Deadrising a score of 90%, a mate lent me it ad i have never played such crap in all my life...it was appalling and i couldn't see what all the raving was about.

Moral of the story...we are all different and see things in a different way....yet everyone should learn to follow their own judgement instead of listening to what reviewers have to say about it.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:55 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well I think RE5 should have gotten less than just 5 percent lower than RE4. If anything I think RE5 is slightly overated when it comes to the percentage it scored.

And why? We have given our reasons that RE4 wasn't up to par, but you haven't given us any reasons as to why RE5 wasn't up to par...
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:18 pm

I like RE4 & I also like RE5.Smile
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Nope if theres a bad game then it will have the crap wripped out of it in reviews.

For me RE5 was not scary at all it was all in day light. I have to say it is a pussycat compared to its predicessors. Fun for gamers perhaps who like dated action games.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Well I have just been playing it recently, and I have spotted plenty of things, put in just for that horror effect, little things popping out...

I think most of us have become desensitized by the mutations and all they are not shocking....but RE5 had it's horror moments.Smile
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Yeah the damn toilet maijini really got me first time round...the git.

And Jamesy be;lieve me there have been some games that are total crud but have been reviewed as great.....they are out there...you just have to look for them...Deadrising being one of them and that damn thing is getting a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Are half of you living under a rock? RE5 was constantly criticized by reviewers for not being scary and being mostly in the daylight. Hardly the building blocks for a scary game.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:03 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Are half of you living under a rock? RE5 was constantly criticized by reviewers for not being scary and being mostly in the daylight. Hardly the building blocks for a scary game.

Well if I have been under a rock, you have been below me.Smile RE5 was also criticized for not being able to run n gun, as well as numerous other things...as well as not really improving in terms of gameplay comared to RE4...I think most of those reviewers are reviewing from the piont of view of some person that plays video games all the time, not someone who plays RE video games all the time...half of those people probably played RE4 as their prior RE experience...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What improvments do you think they could have made?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next