HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

What improvments do you think they could have made?

Go down 
+3
Spike991
NiteKrawler
Jamesy
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

What improvments do you think they could have made? Empty
PostSubject: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:37 pm

What improvments do you think they could have made to make Resident Evil 5 a true masterpiece like Resident Evil 4 or Residnet Evil 2? I personally think the storyline and characters could have been a little more strong and dramatic like in Resident Evil 4.

And please don't say that the players should have been able to run and shoot at the same time or I will scream. Besides this ain't Grand Theft Auto this is survival horror.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:58 pm

Yeah, because Resident Evil 4's storyline was soooo strong... Neutral RE5 beat the living hell out of RE4 in terms of storyline and characters. I don't understand why people like RE4 so much...RE5 is almost exactly that, but improved. The only thing people can really complain about is having Sheva as a partner. But in my opinion, Sheva is way better to have around than Ashley. What makes RE4 such a masterpiece? It definitely isn't the story or characters.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:08 pm

Krawler RE4 was fresh and a true evolution in the resident evil series, that said the Resident Evil 1 remake is still my number 1. RE5 was probably more realistic than RE4. I don't really think either game was better than the other. That said IGN rated RE5 lower than RE4.

I just hope in RE6 maybe they might bring back the zombies, seriously the whole action adventure theme really is getting old.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:15 pm

I think not giving into the demands of the NAACP might have changed some stuff...just a though.Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:17 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Krawler RE4 was fresh and a true evolution in the resident evil series, that said the Resident Evil 1 remake is still my number 1. RE5 was probably more realistic than RE4. I don't really think either game was better than the other. That said IGN rated RE5 lower than RE4.

I just hope in RE6 maybe they might bring back the zombies, seriously the whole action adventure theme really is getting old.

Of course RE4 was fresh. It went a totally different direction with the series. But why should RE5 suffer when it is the same as 4, but better? You can't have every single sequal be a "true evolution" from the last one. As for any reviewers rating 5 lower than 4, they are only human and are subject to...subjective thoughts. Plus, RE4 was in the midst of being deified, while RE5 was in the midst of whiny FPS fans hating it for the controls. Obviously many reviewers are going to go the way of the bandwagon. Really though, zombies isn't a good idea right now. They will have to change the gameplay style away from third person shooter, because it will be too easy to maul your way through the game. They will have to wait until they can fit a TON of zombies on screen at once. Dead Rising 2 is working on that.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:18 pm

I have to agree there, once they can improve on the zombies, they will bring them back, and having a large amount of them would be something for them to aim for, and making them all crimson heads perhaps....Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:20 pm

Spike991 wrote:
I have to agree there, once they can improve on the zombies, they will bring them back, and having a large amount of them would be something for them to aim for, and making them all crimson heads perhaps....Smile

My god...all crimsons? lmao. They might as well put fewer on screen and give them AK's...oh wait...Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:21 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

My god...all crimsons? lmao. They might as well put fewer on screen and give them AK's...oh wait...Smile

lol, yeah, I think a bunch of crimson's would be pretty overwhelming, they sure were a handful in REmake, and even if there was only a single one.Smile
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:28 pm

all that I want is for the zombies to have a welcome return in the next game
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:40 pm

I would like the idea of a mansion returning similar to the Spencer Mansion in RE6. Although of course we don't RE6 to be a carbon cop of RE1 do we? Rolling Eyes

Hmmm I wonder if the good guys at capcom got thier ideas for the Majanis and the Ganados from the Crimson Heads?

Let me guess RE5 was better than RE4 for the simple reason you could play online with your buddys? RE5 although I have completed numerous times failed to add anything new. A real shame if you ask me. When I saw the screen shots for the first time 4-3 years ago I spent all that time building my hopes about the game. Oh well the least I can do is save up my pocket money for RE6 when it comes out in 2017 Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Jamesy wrote:

When I saw the screen shots for the first time 4-3 years ago I spent all that time building my hopes about the game.

That explains it.

If you add too much to games, they can be stretched too thin. That's why inFAMOUS didn't allow you to drive cars and shoot guns. If they did, the driving and shooting would have been shoddy at best. Games should not have to add new elements for every new installment. If RE4 was great, then RE5 is great too isn't it? Plus it added online play and such stuff. And yes, online play was a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:32 pm

That is a good point, they shouldn't have to add anything for it to be a great game, I mean look at RE2 to RE1, they just improved on little things, like Outbreak & File#2, but of course File#2 gets alot of those same complaints.Wink
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 9:39 pm

Spike991 wrote:
That is a good point, they shouldn't have to add anything for it to be a great game, I mean look at RE2 to RE1, they just improved on little things, like Outbreak & File#2, but of course File#2 gets alot of those same complaints.Wink

Exactly...I'm not sure what it is...It seems like fans today are more fanatic. They seem to pick one thing and they will defend it with the ferocity of a female wolverine that just had babies.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 9:44 pm

RE4 a masterpiece? Don't make me lol! .
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 11:57 pm

@Nite, Yeah, I have seen it, in fact I got into a debte with someone right around the time the first DC trailers were released, and he just defended what Capcom was doing, with every breath, even if it didn't make any sense....

@GL, RE4 was great, but yeah, not a masterpiece...actually there is only one RE game I would consider a masterpiece, REmake.Smile
Back to top Go down
weskersbarber
Umbrella Security Service
Umbrella Security Service
weskersbarber

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 3:55 am

i think in re5 they made wesker to much like a machine or a robot. that was the main thing that is wrong with the game for me
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:30 am

weskersbarber wrote:
i think in re5 they made wesker to much like a machine or a robot. that was the main thing that is wrong with the game for me

That was the major problem with his character in UC too, aside from the voice of course, but in RE5, it seemed to be a mixture of things, not really a lack of personality, but a different one...
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:09 am

Spike991 wrote:

@GL, RE4 was great, but yeah, not a masterpiece...actually there is only one RE game I would consider a masterpiece, REmake.Smile

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:14 am

Yep I am with Ghost Leader. RE4 was a masterpiece a true credit to the series. RE5 was the runt of the litter. Well maybe not quite.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:30 am

Jamesy wrote:
Yep I am with Ghost Leader. RE4 was a masterpiece a true credit to the series. RE5 was the runt of the litter. Well maybe not quite.

Are you joking? Or do you really think that GL likes RE4? scratch
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Nope serious and as I have stated before I have played through RE5 numerous times to try and make the most of it but the storyline just is not as dramatic or cool as RE4. Don't get me wrong RE5 is a good game but the cutscenes at times are weird and confusing and for the love of god some of the voice acting is just terrible, my parrot would probably sound better than some of the voice acting on that game.

Guess Ghost Leader was pulling my leg about likeing RE4. Haven't I been played for a fool Rolling Eyes

Resident Evil 5 is better than Resident Evil 0, but still Resident Evil 5 fails to add anything really new as far as I am concerned. Its like how GTA4 failed to add anything new. I real let done but hay there are still bonus features for me to unlock so maybe it ain't that bad Neutral
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 12:52 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Nope serious and as I have stated before I have played through RE5 numerous times to try and make the most of it but the storyline just is not as dramatic or cool as RE4. Don't get me wrong RE5 is a good game but the cutscenes at times are weird and confusing and for the love of god some of the voice acting is just terrible, my parrot would probably sound better than some of the voice acting on that game.

Guess Ghost Leader was pulling my leg about likeing RE4. Haven't I been played for a fool Rolling Eyes

Resident Evil 5 is better than Resident Evil 0, but still Resident Evil 5 fails to add anything really new as far as I am concerned. Its like how GTA4 failed to add anything new. I real let done but hay there are still bonus features for me to unlock so maybe it ain't that bad Neutral

Hmm, I guess we have differing opinions on what good storylines are and what good voice acting is. What kind of "new" things could RE5 add anyway? And yes, GL hates RE4.
Back to top Go down
RedFieldRiot
Umbrella Scientist
Umbrella Scientist
RedFieldRiot

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:39 pm

RE4 a masterpiece....OMG i must seriously curb my bouts of fitting laughter. The game was not and never will be a masterpiece. It lacks so very much in the form of substance and graphics really. It is not a lushious looking game you can gaze at and be in awe of unlike REmake and RE5....both graphically gorgeous. Now i am no graphics whore but when i see amazing graphics i will sing and dance about them as they are a nice added bonus. RE4 had many, many letdowns...the main one being forced to babysit that useless woman/cry baby girl Ashley. She served no purpose other than being the most irritating character storyline in the whole of the RE history...in the whole time i played RE4 i was filled with the longing to shoot and kill her or pray that she just got so infected that there was no hope for her and that ruined the game completely for me. It also involved Leon who isn't the best of heroes...don't get me wrong i do love him but i love the RE2 version of Leon...not the cocky git that appeared in RE4....his transformation was nothing on Chris Redfields who has grown with the series and appeared in RE5 with a true development of character. He is also an old favourite...we have fought with Chris ever since the Mansion incident. The same can be said for Jill who also made the welcome return in RE5 and also had superb character development. RE5 beats RE4 toa pulp for the other main reason...it's Chris seeking answers, seeking Jill and then wanting to take down Wesker....it's always been a side story really..it's always been this inside battle between Chris and Wesker and we always knew it would end somehow and somewhere and that's what also made RE5 better than RE4, that's where the story shone...it was something us hardcore followers associated with and why many of us felt cheated by having to take Sheva with us to finish off Wesker. RE5 also introduced us to Irving, Excella and Tricell...great side villains and the new stage of RE.....where as RE4...well what can i say...a storyline of saving the presidents daughter doesn't really cut it for me.

If however there would be improvements to be made i feel it would have to be with bringing back the zombies. They are where it all started and i think it is time they made a return, it needs to go back to the true evil, however not in another mansion...it gets to similiar to the others. It will need to be a fresh and new location.I'd like to see the return of the ability to shove grenades into zombies mouths too....loved doing that in the REmake as Chris. The duck and cover system should also be kept and perhaps adding a dodge ability too because of course you'd dodge things in real life so it would be good to replicate. Also maybe the return of making bullets/mixing bullet powder/grenade powders too as that was also fun. And abovr all else if it so needs to occur...partner AI at a all time HIGH.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Well I am in the same boat about RE4 not being a masterpiece, but in terms of the plot, it wasn't really too much different than RE2 or CVX, as it had some plot while keeping the main thing being The Organization trying to retrieve some sample of G or T-Veronica or Las Plagas...
Back to top Go down
Jamesy
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Jamesy

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Well the good guys at IGN actually gave RE5 a lower rating than RE4. RE5 got 90 percent and RE4 got 95 percent. In fact I have actually browsed every single review of the resident evil games on IGN and out all of them RE4 got the highest ranking. Sure RE4 is not my favourite resident evil game, but every review has had nothing but apraise for RE4 and in my book thats enough to make it a masterpiece. Yes maybe the storyline on RE4 was like an over the top B rate movie but that was part of the games charm. Screw the people see that as a negative aspect of the game.

And pleeaase, RE4 is 4-5 years old and I think for the time the graphics are nothing but top notch. As far as I am concerened RE5 lacked the charm that RE4 did. Seriouly RE4 was something revolutionary and RE5 was just an excuse to rap up the original resident evil saga. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What improvments do you think they could have made?   What improvments do you think they could have made? Empty

Back to top Go down

What improvments do you think they could have made?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next