HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys

Go down 
+7
Spike991
frodomir
Regenerator
Ghost Leader
Zombie
Godzilla90s
Soul
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

Playstation Network ChristopherSoul

Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys Empty
PostSubject: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:25 am

It seems like EVERYWHERE I look, there are these hardcore nut jobs ranting about how "AGGGHH, RE5 SUCKS! You can't Run AND shoot!" Blah Blah.
I'm sure everyone here has been hearing it too, I even tell my friends how great a game RE5 is (Even with a few issues here and there) but NOPE!
They won't give it a chance, they won't give Resident Evil a chance.
Which to me, RE needed to move forward gameplay wise or the franchise would've died.

The RE4 controls, the stopping and having to aim and shoot, is what sets it apart.
Now there are still the those who miss the Pre-4 Gameplay mechanics but a lot of average gamers wouldn't give it a chance.

So, where do you stand?
Would you have LIKED a run & gun mode? Do you appreciate the RE4 Style controls and gameplay or do you long for the days of clunky tank like controlled characters and fixed camera angles?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/Soulful_Chris
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:40 am

run and shoot is cool for shooters like hitman and GTA. but for RE it would feel sloppy
Back to top Go down
Zombie
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:57 am

Most gamers are closed minded to other types of game mechanics

For RE series not being able to run and gun at the same time is a must

Anyway in most situations where there is a real life gun fight, it's mainly at a stand still, people don't actually run around and go shooting rambo style
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/JNRoDz
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:05 am

I prefer the old-style RE camera and control scheme. I can tolerate RE4's, but I still prefer the original. In my mind, RE4 is where the downhill drop of the franchise began. RE4 & 5 aren't survival horror, they're shooters now. And as a veteran fan who was there from the beginning and helped make the franchise what it is today, it pisses me off that Capcom is leaving the vets behind for Gears of War and Halo fanboys. If not for me and millions of others, there would have never been an RE4 & 5.

As for the ability to run & gun, I'm firmly against it. If I want to run and shoot and reload all at the same time, I'll put in GRAW or R6:V. Resident Evil was never about shooting in the first place, it was about that chill that ran up your spine when anticipating what was behind the next door, the feeling of dread when a zombie slowly shuffles toward you without any consciousness or sense of being. RE4 & 5 aren't capable of instilling that fear in me.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:28 am

yes I agree with GL comments...in RE it is a must to have a chill throughout the game not just run and gun...there are too many "survival horror" games out now that are too focused on the shooting part of the game and they take away from the real scare
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 7:32 am

Regenerator wrote:
yes I agree with GL comments...in RE it is a must to have a chill throughout the game not just run and gun...there are too many "survival horror" games out now that are too focused on the shooting part of the game and they take away from the real scare
RE4 & 5, for example.
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 8:08 am

It would be a bit to easy if you could run and shoot...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:56 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Regenerator wrote:
RE4 & 5, for example.
yes and most of the newer games as well especially The Suffering
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:57 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
I prefer the old-style RE camera and control scheme. I can tolerate RE4's, but I still prefer the original. In my mind, RE4 is where the downhill drop of the franchise began. RE4 & 5 aren't survival horror, they're shooters now. And as a veteran fan who was there from the beginning and helped make the franchise what it is today, it pisses me off that Capcom is leaving the vets behind for Gears of War and Halo fanboys. If not for me and millions of others, there would have never been an RE4 & 5.

As for the ability to run & gun, I'm firmly against it. If I want to run and shoot and reload all at the same time, I'll put in GRAW or R6:V. Resident Evil was never about shooting in the first place, it was about that chill that ran up your spine when anticipating what was behind the next door, the feeling of dread when a zombie slowly shuffles toward you without any consciousness or sense of being. RE4 & 5 aren't capable of instilling that fear in me.

Well to answer Soul's question I think that the original controls were fine, and the new camera introduced in RE4 is fine too, and I hope that they don't put in some run & gun type of control scheme, much like I didn't care too much for the duck 'n' cover system which was obviously to please Gears fans...And I think that if they do have anything where you can 'move' and shoot, then it should be as clunky and difficult as it was in Outbreak File#2 and Dead Aim.Smile

@Ghost Leader, I am also a veteran, but I still see RE4 and RE5 as Survival/Horror, they just changed the camera, you are covering more ground it seems, which also happened in Code Veronica, but in any case there is a huge difference between RE4/RE5 and some shooter.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 2:31 pm

Spike991 wrote:
@Ghost Leader, I am also a veteran, but I still see RE4 and RE5 as Survival/Horror, they just changed the camera, you are covering more ground it seems, which also happened in Code Veronica, but in any case there is a huge difference between RE4/RE5 and some shooter.Smile
I'm just voicing my own opinion. No one's opinion is wrong unless based on proven false information. Just different interpretations of one topic.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Well I won't say anyone's opinion is wrong, but in terms of the RE4/5 gameplay, it's more of a claustrophobic horror, being completely surrounded by enemies, low to no ammo, and no way to escape, knowing you're going to die.
I feel the revamp of the controls was necessary; maybe it's just me but the Pre-4 style started to get REALLY stale after CODE: Veronica (REmake perfected that style though)

In RE4, you still HAD those "OH CRAP!" scares with the Garridors, Regenerators, Dr.Salvador, and a few other enemies.
I didn't get any of that feeling except maybe with a horde Lickers.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:39 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:
I'm just voicing my own opinion. No one's opinion is wrong unless based on proven false information. Just different interpretations of one topic.

Of course, I wasn't trying to make it sound like I thought your opinion was wrong or anything, I just think that there is a fine line between what RE4/RE5 are compared to our everyday shooter.Smile

@Soul, yes I think that the new controls were necessary too, they experimented with a few new things, Survivor, Outbreak, Gaiden, adn it just came time to give it something new, of course they were changing it in the main series this time.Smile

There was alot of that same tension that I experienced in RE1 in RE4, and vise versa, with those enemies that you mentioned, like the Garridors for example.Smile RE5 had some of this too, like whenever those Majini would mutate and one looks like it has a large clam for a head/torso, it can kill you so quickly so it feels really tense, and the Lickers of course, in the dark scene where the scratch marks are all over the wall....Smile
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Haha...those damn lickers man. They're beasts. Anyway @Ghost: I personally never thought any RE game was overly scary. I'll admit I about crapped when the dogs jumped through the windows in RE 1, but other than that they aren't that scary. Nemesis could be quite scary and the regenerators were terrifying to me though. As long as the controls don't hinder me, I'm fine with any changes. And by hinder, I mean if I practiced and practiced and it still didn't get any better.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 6:32 pm

Well I think the topic of whether or not RE4 & 5 are Survival HORROR games or not deserves a thread of it's own.
Now of course, which do I prefer?
The RE4 Controls of course.
I WOULD HATE a Run & Gun mode, it would kill the entire experience.
As said by others before, you want run & gun?
Go play Gears or Halo.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 2:09 am

Soul wrote:
In RE4, you still HAD those "OH CRAP!" scares with the Garridors, Regenerators, Dr.Salvador, and a few other enemies.
The only "oh craps" I had were brought on from annoyance, not fear, when I'm constantly being attacked from the sides and rear because I can't see around me.
Back to top Go down
Soul
Zombie
Zombie
Soul

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 5:41 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Soul wrote:
The only "oh craps" I had were brought on from annoyance, not fear, when I'm constantly being attacked from the sides and rear because I can't see around me.
Now..
Didn't the the Zombie jump outta no where sometimes and grab you from behind? Smile
Though in real defense of that, I can only say that, that was suppose to be the point of the game by Capcom's part.
To feel completely surrounded, with no way out, just having to try blast your way through..
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:33 pm

Soul wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Soul wrote:
Now..
Didn't the the Zombie jump outta no where sometimes and grab you from behind? Smile
Though in real defense of that, I can only say that, that was suppose to be the point of the game by Capcom's part.
To feel completely surrounded, with no way out, just having to try blast your way through..
So RE4's purpose was to annoy me? Shocked
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:44 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Soul wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Soul wrote:
Now..
So RE4's purpose was to annoy me? Shocked
lol. Nah, RE4 may not have been totally scary, but there were tension filled moments. For example, when a Regenerator was slowly advancing and your bullets had no effect. affraid
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:32 pm

The Regenerators gave me PTSD. pale Why did RE 4 annoy you Ghost? Just because you were surrounded? I think the point of the game was to make sure you didn't get surrounded in the first place. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 pm

I agree that run and gun would be dumb. It would reduce the difficulty substantially.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Lunar6000
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:48 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
The Regenerators gave me PTSD. pale
Yeah, no offense, but I somehow doubt that.
Quote :
Why did RE 4 annoy you Ghost? Just because you were surrounded? I think the point of the game was to make sure you didn't get surrounded in the first place. Wink
It's not being surrounded that annoyed me, it's the fact that I'm constantly getting blindsided. Every 9 times out of 10 that I die is because I can't see the ganados creeping up a few inches to my freaking left.
Back to top Go down
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 10:46 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
NiteKrawler wrote:
Quote :
Why did RE 4 annoy you Ghost? Just because you were surrounded? I think the point of the game was to make sure you didn't get surrounded in the first place. Wink
It's not being surrounded that annoyed me, it's the fact that I'm constantly getting blindsided. Every 9 times out of 10 that I die is because I can't see the ganados creeping up a few inches to my freaking left.

Thats part of the challenge. I for one like challenge in games. A lot of games these days seem to lack challenge.
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Lunar6000 wrote:
Thats part of the challenge. I for one like challenge in games. A lot of games these days seem to lack challenge.
I'm glad finally someone else likes a good ol' challenge in a game...thats another reason why I play games... to challenge myself
Back to top Go down
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Ya I hate when games arent challenging and a lot of games arent. Every game I have played has been dissapointing in the challenge department so I started starting games off on Hard.

Like Dead Space and it was perfect. Most games Hard Mode is what normal should be.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 2:35 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Yeah, no offense, but someone intelligent would have sensed the sarcasm.

I agree with Regen and Lunar. There needs to be more of a challenge in games. Actually, most games that are released in Japan and the US have different difficulty settings. Japan's normal actually IS our hard.

Last edited by NiteKrawler on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys   Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys Empty

Back to top Go down

Control Schemes- RE Fans-The General Gaming Public-Run & Gun Fanboys
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next