Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 3 worth buying?

Go down 
+10
Godzilla90s
TyRaNT_
Down
Wesker
ChrisSherry
Regenerator
Spike991
frodomir
bravotwozero007
lyfesArcanum
14 posters
AuthorMessage
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

Resident Evil 3 worth buying? Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:04 am

I recently bought RE4 and have been playing it non stop. Ever since I got it I have become obsessed with the resident evil universe. I regret that I have not followed the series from the beginning. I tried the demo for RE3: Nemesis and found that the graphics were in fact not so good. My question is: If I can handle the graphics, would you recommend the game?
Back to top Go down
bravotwozero007
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
bravotwozero007

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:38 am

yeah defo mate, its a bit different to 4, gameplay wise, but very good, try 2 as well, imo its the best of the series
Back to top Go down
frodomir
Tyrant T-002
Tyrant T-002
frodomir

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:40 am

bravotwozero007 wrote:
yeah defo mate, its a bit different to 4, gameplay wise, but very good, try 2 as well, imo its the best of the series

All games are worth buying (Def.. main story)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82840D4D5BD5B60F&feat
bravotwozero007
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
bravotwozero007

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:45 am

frodomir wrote:
bravotwozero007 wrote:

All games are worth buying (Def.. main story)

agreed Very Happy , everyone has there favourite, i have fond memories of skiving work at bout 18/19 just to play resi 2, same could happen at 28 for resi 5!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 11:21 am

Great. Thanks for your input. I found out that I can up the graphics immensely so that's not a prob. The problem is, I suck at it. I've tired the demo a few times but I can't even seem to get past the first part. I always get swarmed and can't get away. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
bravotwozero007
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
bravotwozero007

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:11 pm

best tactic is run around zombies unless your are overcrowded then shoot the odd one or two, remember conserve ammo!!
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Conserving ammo is one of the best tactics, use the handgun or whatever and just avoid enemies, before you know it you will have tons of the right kind of ammo.Smile
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:00 pm

this was the first RE game that I ever played...of course I would recommend it
Back to top Go down
ChrisSherry
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
ChrisSherry

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 7:05 pm

It is worth buying! It's a great game!
It's my favorite! Smile
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Resi 3 is a must mate. They don't create gems like this anymore.

lyfesArcanum wrote:
Great. Thanks for your input. I found out that I can up the graphics immensely so that's not a prob. The problem is, I suck at it. I've tired the demo a few times but I can't even seem to get past the first part. I always get swarmed and can't get away. Any tips?

If you are talking about the pc version, indeed you can increase the resolution up to 1280x1024 if I'm not mistaken. But unfortunately the game will look even worse. That's because the graphics cards that existed when the game came out weren't able to support/deal with such high resolutions. The fact also that the game uses pre-rendered graphics for everything doesn't help. Sorry to break it to you but the game will look at its best at 800x600 resolution. I'm sure that if you get used to it though you will enjoy it immensely.
Back to top Go down
Down
Admin
Admin
Down

Playstation Network none...

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:07 pm

yea go for it man PM me for a fast way to get RE3
Back to top Go down
http://www.residentevilforums.net
lyfesArcanum
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
lyfesArcanum

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 3:32 am

I saw it for quite cheap at the shop where I bought RE4 so I will be heading there as soon as I can get past the demo.
Back to top Go down
TyRaNT_
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
TyRaNT_

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 7:59 am

if you get stuck mate you can always get a walkthrough on youtube or buy the book if u prefer, but re3 is a MUST get Smile
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 8:02 am

TyRaNT_ wrote:
if you get stuck mate you can always get a walkthrough on youtube or buy the book if u prefer, but re3 is a MUST get Smile

Fo sho.Smile It has some of the best extras on any RE game, it can only be topped by both Outbreaks and RE4 Wii Edition, but even RE2 had some good extras.Smile
Back to top Go down
Down
Admin
Admin
Down

Playstation Network none...

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 9:36 am

well is not the best if you never played non of the old ones. ones you play this one you will be like scratch but give it a try
Back to top Go down
http://www.residentevilforums.net
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 2:50 am

re3 is amazing and defidently worth full price on any console
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 3:36 am

RE3 is mt favorite... I definitely recommended it... and I also made a Video Walkthrough of the Game on Youtube in the Video and Picture section here. You can get it new in factory sealed wrap on Amazon for the same price used in the stores.
Back to top Go down
BioHazardMerc1
Zombie
Zombie
BioHazardMerc1

Playstation Network Charlz0r

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Actually RE3 story is really strange, I mean why Jill is still in racoon city, is this story taking place at the same moment with Leon and Claire from RE2 or it has a real big difference, if the city is already infected for 3 days, why there is still people in this city, why can't they run away but instead, the RPD and STARS members make a barricade and wait until they die.
Even saying this, I still like RE3, I completed it 100% with all endings, I only played once in hard mode<-- TOO COMPLICATED you have to save ammo and use it to slow the enemies affraid
anyway I recommend you to get that game asap Wink
Back to top Go down
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:52 pm

BioHazardMerc1 wrote:
Actually RE3 story is really strange, I mean why Jill is still in racoon city, is this story taking place at the same moment with Leon and Claire from RE2 or it has a real big difference, if the city is already infected for 3 days, why there is still people in this city, why can't they run away but instead, the RPD and STARS members make a barricade and wait until they die.
Even saying this, I still like RE3, I completed it 100% with all endings, I only played once in hard mode<-- TOO COMPLICATED you have to save ammo and use it to slow the enemies affraid
RE3 takes place alittle after RE2, seeing as the Raccoon Cuty Police Department is boarded up in RE3 and The Police the gave you the key in RE2 is still dead in his spot in RE3. Also, during the last boss battle against the mutated Nemesis in RE3, the Mutated Nemesis chomps on the Dead Mr. X Tyrant (possibly from RE2) plus theres two more dead Mr. X's in thier suits under the generator.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 11:20 pm

R3SiD3NT 3vIl wrote:
BioHazardMerc1 wrote:
RE3 takes place alittle after RE2, seeing as the Raccoon Cuty Police Department is boarded up in RE3 and The Police the gave you the key in RE2 is still dead in his spot in RE3. Also, during the last boss battle against the mutated Nemesis in RE3, the Mutated Nemesis chomps on the Dead Mr. X Tyrant (possibly from RE2) plus theres two more dead Mr. X's in thier suits under the generator.
Actually, RE3 takes place both before and after RE2.

Sept. 28th ~ 1st half RE3 (ends when Jill becomes infected and falls unconscious)
Sept. 29th ~ RE2
Oct. 1st ~ 2nd half RE3 (begins when Jill awakens and Carlos goes to get the vaccine)

There isn't really a logical in-game explanation for the boarded-up police station or Marvin Branagh appearing dead (granted, when you examine the body, it says he's mortally wounded, not dead), but the date at the beginning of the game is expressly stated as Sept. 28th, one day before the events of RE2.
Back to top Go down
Lunar6000
Cerberus
Cerberus
Lunar6000

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:01 am

If I were you I would start at scratch. Start from Resident Evil Zero > Resident Evil > Resident Evil 3 > Resident Evil 2 > Resident Evil: Code Veronica > Resident Evil 4 > Resident Evil 5

That is the order you should play them in and you could also play umbrella chronicles on the wii if you have a wii before you play 5 if you want but thats totally optional.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/Lunar6000
R3SiD3NT 3vIl
Cerberus
Cerberus
R3SiD3NT 3vIl

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 1:40 pm

Lunar6000 wrote:
If I were you I would start at scratch. Start from Resident Evil Zero > Resident Evil > Resident Evil 3 > Resident Evil 2 > Resident Evil: Code Veronica > Resident Evil 4 > Resident Evil 5

That is the order you should play them in and you could also play umbrella chronicles on the wii if you have a wii before you play 5 if you want but thats totally optional.
Thats what I would suggest Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3 worth buying?   Resident Evil 3 worth buying? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 3 worth buying?
Page 1 of 1