HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident evil figures-rare or not?

Go down 
+6
nemesis_lover
Regenerator
Spike991
Ghost Leader
duralumin
charlieRE2
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

Resident evil figures-rare or not? Empty
PostSubject: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 11:42 am

well i wanted to to make this topic so that we could all post photos of resident evil figures and discuss whats rare or isnt, which are the best and so forth Very Happy
i am not to clued up on them all and my figure collection isnt amazing Smile
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 6:52 pm

I love RE figures, in all the different scales. It was prettty much the Toybiz Tyrant that pulled me into RE in the first place, so I really do have a fondness for the toys. As far as I know, it was Toybiz's efforts that first brought RE into the 3-D...kinda strange when you consider that for some time toy stores could barely give these figures away, and now it seems that they are highly sought after. I remember once I was at a Kay-B toy store and they were clearancing them in the range of "3 figures for 5 dollars"...! Now look at them. Then enter Moby Dick Toys and Palisades. The Moby Dick figures seem to be the hardest to find/most desired...but IMO they are sometimes sculpturally the weakest. I think that for the money Palisades RE figures are the best inasmuch that they combine the look from the games and a "what if these people/creatures really could exist" approach. Palisade's Tyrant-002 and Birkin G-4 are excellent examples...and sadly I think Palisade's last RE offerings. Palisades had worked up some prototypes for more figures, but sadly they never saw the light of day. The NECA figures are OUTSTANDING...absolutely great sculptures and thankfully retain more of a statue approach...I can appreciate the sculpts much better when the figures aren't relegated to purely action figure status. I hope that NECA will someday offer up RE2 figures, this for me would be a dream come true. As for 1/6 / 12" offerings, the Hot Toys RE4 figures are also outstanding...but also very cost prohibitive to most folks (running at an average of $130 a piece). At this point Hot Toys have produced two versions of our boy Leon, two versions of Krauser, and a chainsaw Ganado. I also am hoping that Hot Toys will someday make a 1/6 version of some of our favorite monsters...time will tell. I don't have many figures left, only a very few of the Toybiz figures, a couple of the Palisades, only one Moby D, and a trio of the Hot Toys figures. Will try to take pics soon, just thought I'd throw up what I knew about some of the toys (sorry if I've been too long-winded). Great thread Charlie!
Back to top Go down
http://www.independenceproductions.gobot.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 8:38 pm

I have a few old figures. William Birkin in his, I believe, third-to-last stage, a Hunter Alpha, a Plant 43 (commonly called "Ivy"), and a Jill Valentine in her STARS uniform, though I don't know if or how rare they are.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 9:03 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
I have a few old figures. William Birkin in his, I believe, third-to-last stage, a Hunter Alpha, a Plant 43 (commonly called "Ivy"), and a Jill Valentine in her STARS uniform, though I don't know if or how rare they are.

Which one is the 3rd to last? I am thinking that might be the one where he looks like a "fallen angel"..Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 12:05 am

Spike991 wrote:
Which one is the 3rd to last? I am thinking that might be the one where he looks like a "fallen angel"..Smile
William Birkin has so many stages it's crazy.

No, I miscounted. It's actually his second form:
Resident evil figures-rare or not? WilliamBirkin_3
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 8:52 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Oh, yeah, that one is cool too, you can still see Birkin's actual head, it has been pushed down into the chest.Smile
Back to top Go down
charlieRE2
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
charlieRE2

Playstation Network The Beret

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 1:23 pm

duralumin wrote:
I love RE figures, in all the different scales. It was prettty much the Toybiz Tyrant that pulled me into RE in the first place, so I really do have a fondness for the toys. As far as I know, it was Toybiz's efforts that first brought RE into the 3-D...kinda strange when you consider that for some time toy stores could barely give these figures away, and now it seems that they are highly sought after. I remember once I was at a Kay-B toy store and they were clearancing them in the range of "3 figures for 5 dollars"...! Now look at them. Then enter Moby Dick Toys and Palisades. The Moby Dick figures seem to be the hardest to find/most desired...but IMO they are sometimes sculpturally the weakest. I think that for the money Palisades RE figures are the best inasmuch that they combine the look from the games and a "what if these people/creatures really could exist" approach. Palisade's Tyrant-002 and Birkin G-4 are excellent examples...and sadly I think Palisade's last RE offerings. Palisades had worked up some prototypes for more figures, but sadly they never saw the light of day. The NECA figures are OUTSTANDING...absolutely great sculptures and thankfully retain more of a statue approach...I can appreciate the sculpts much better when the figures aren't relegated to purely action figure status. I hope that NECA will someday offer up RE2 figures, this for me would be a dream come true. As for 1/6 / 12" offerings, the Hot Toys RE4 figures are also outstanding...but also very cost prohibitive to most folks (running at an average of $130 a piece). At this point Hot Toys have produced two versions of our boy Leon, two versions of Krauser, and a chainsaw Ganado. I also am hoping that Hot Toys will someday make a 1/6 version of some of our favorite monsters...time will tell. I don't have many figures left, only a very few of the Toybiz figures, a couple of the Palisades, only one Moby D, and a trio of the Hot Toys figures. Will try to take pics soon, just thought I'd throw up what I knew about some of the toys (sorry if I've been too long-winded). Great thread Charlie!

thanks very much for this reply Smile its great. well done.
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 5:57 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike991 wrote:

Resident evil figures-rare or not? WilliamBirkin_3
That's a great figure! The little Sherry Birkin figure that comes with it is a nice touch. Toybiz Birkin figures are IMO their best offerings in their whole RE lineup. Their V-3/V-4 Birkin was nice because you could trade out parts included with the figure to make either version depending on what you wanted...the Fallen Angel version is especially well done. You know Charlie, it's kinda hard to determine which RE toys are so valuable/rare...changes very often...moreso than most collectibles it seems. I remember when NECA's green Regenerator came out you had to pay BIG money to get one...now you can pick one up for a fairly reasonable price. At this stage the Palisades/Moby Dick Toys RE stuff seems to go for the most money...as well as the 10th Ann. NECA figures. Another couple of months and it will change...RE stuff is strange that way. One of the collectibles I never did pick up were the two 1/6 vinyls of Nemesis and Jill from the third game. They were clearanced at a local video store for a ridiculously low price and I just never did pick them up for some stupid reason. Again, biiig money on Ebay or wherever else they pop up.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 1:12 pm

duralumin wrote:
That's a great figure! The little Sherry Birkin figure that comes with it is a nice touch.
I don't recall a Sherry Birkin figure with it.

I do, however, now recall the Ada figure that came with Plant 43. And she was stacked, too. lol!
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 6:51 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
duralumin wrote:
That's a great figure! The little Sherry Birkin figure that comes with it is a nice touch.

I do, however, now recall the Ada figure that came with Plant 43. And she was stacked, too. lol!
Yeah, lol, come to think of it ol' Ada is quite hefty "topside" with the Toybiz release. Here's a pic (not mine...googled) of the Birkin figure and little Sherry. Probably one of my favorite figure sets.
Resident evil figures-rare or not? 352917247
Back to top Go down
Regenerator
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Regenerator

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:01 pm

duralumin wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
duralumin wrote:

Yeah, lol, come to think of it ol' Ada is quite hefty "topside" with the Toybiz release. Here's a pic (not mine...googled) of the Birkin figure and little Sherry. Probably one of my favorite figure sets.
thats a nice looking figure you have there duralumin
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 7:23 pm

duralumin wrote:

lol, I wonder what 'authentic video game actions' means.Smile That is a nice figure though.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 9:16 pm

duralumin wrote:
Ah, yes, that's the one. Now that I see it, I do vaguely remember the Sherry figure with it (it was a long time ago that I got it).

@Spike:
Bill's "authentic video game action" was a little knob on the back of the arm that moved the eye around.
Back to top Go down
Spike991
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 9:57 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Ah, yes, that's the one. Now that I see it, I do vaguely remember the Sherry figure with it (it was a long time ago that I got it).

@Spike:
Bill's "authentic video game action" was a little knob on the back of the arm that moved the eye around.

Thanks,lol, that is some real video game action all right.Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Yeah, it was like RE2 just...came to life in my bedroom. lol!

...wait a minute... scratch
Back to top Go down
duralumin
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
duralumin

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2009 8:46 pm

Spike991 wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

@Spike:

LOL...hey, they had to come up with something to get the kids interested in these things. Yeah, I can do without the "action" features...pretty clunky and not hidden on the figure very well. Smile
Back to top Go down
nemesis_lover
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:16 pm

I am a huge fan of the Resident Evil figures, each series has produced some decent figures. I can't say which series is my favioute, with toy biz, you have the classic feel and detail of what figures where like back in the 90s. The moby dick line has the best packaging, with the Biohazard logos on the front and back give it a more exotic feel lol, but the figures are well made and are more common to snap when handling them.
But when talking about the Palisades figures, then we'll talking detail, accessories, and a great line up. Palisades are the only series to make the famous Wesker, a huge G Type William and some brilliant figures of the Nemesis, although credit has to be given to Moby Dick on the Nemesis figures they produced, such as Type 2.
I think Neca have also produced figures, that compared to previous companies, may even look better. My favoute from the Palisades line is the bloody variant Ganado and the RPD Leon. I still need to pick up series 2 of the Resident Evil 4 line, as i'm finding them hard to get in England and Ebay. Well I shall add some pictures of my figure collection but I have to sort out my website first because naviagting around is abit of a mess and I can't seem to upload pictures like other forums.
Back to top Go down
ersico
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ersico

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:51 am

ya so i know im new here and just catching up but i really like the figures, i don't have any so like where are they found? i mean are their any stores that currently sell them or would i have to go to online?
thanks bunches for your help!!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:13 am

It's really hard to find RE figurines here in Finland... I mean REALLY hard. We don't get much of that kind of stuff related to games, movies, etc. so it's online shopping for me. And still hard to find anything.
Resident evil figures-rare or not? 67309 Managed to find something: I just ordered this for halloween decoration xD

I also found someone selling their figurine collection in auction: http://huuto.net/fi/showitem.php3?itemid=118526412
Don't have that much money to spend on them though...
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
ersico
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ersico

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 5:34 am

thanks for that info,
i found through amazon.com
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 res876425 Resident Evil Anniversary Series 2 Action
Figures Set (zombie with dog, licker, tyrant, hunter) $44.95 Ship Date:

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 res332965 NECA Resident Evil 4 Series 2 Action
Figure Garrador $11.95 Ship Date:

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 res841221 NECA Resident Evil 5 Series 1 Action
Figure Executioner $7.95 Ship Date:

i hope i got a good deal, looked good to me at least Smile
Back to top Go down
ersico
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ersico

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 4:29 pm

Resident evil figures-rare or not? Residentevi1
Resident evil figures-rare or not? Residentevi2
Resident evil figures-rare or not? Residentevil
Back to top Go down
Godzilla90s
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Godzilla90s

Playstation Network Lastgeicocaveman

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Nov 10, 2009 7:26 pm

ersico wrote:

Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 res841221 NECA Resident Evil 5 Series 1 Action
Figure Executioner $7.95

i got the executioner majani from RE5 for $18.99 at my local F.Y.E. store. u got that for a good price Smile
Back to top Go down
Isakawa
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:19 pm

If I may, for a moment, be fiendishly self-promoting here, I do have something that may be of interest to someone here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320555475886
Back to top Go down
ersico
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
ersico

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:22 pm

wow that is amazing, i could never afford it but that is truly awesome!1
Back to top Go down
Isakawa
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 5:24 pm

'Know anyone who might be interested?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident evil figures-rare or not?   Resident evil figures-rare or not? Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident evil figures-rare or not?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next