HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Let's make a Resident Evil kart game!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! Empty
PostSubject: Let's make a Resident Evil kart game!   Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 6:36 am

I thought this would be a fun thing to do. But first, a little bit of preface...

Resident Evil has been many things over the years. A card game (both physical and digital), a board game, a pseudo-RPG, a rail shooter, a light gunner. It has danced between lines being both a horror game and an action game whenever it felt like it. The characters have appeared in fighting games and beat-em-ups. It has incorporated almost every possible view from fixed camera angles to OTS, first person and even isometric. From puzzles and minigames to tactical turn based elements to both co-op and PVP multiplayer to VR and even AR, we've seen it all on almost every platform under the sun. Yet, there are still genres our beloved, long running franchise has not touched upon. Super Mario has done it, Crash Bandicoot has done it, heck, even Mortal Kombat has done it. That's right, I'm talking about kart racing. And, you know, it's in the title as well so I guess this whole preface and reveal was completely pointless. Whatever, I'm bored, let's get to the meat of it.

So, if there ever was such a thing as Resident Evil Kart, what would you like it to be like? What sort of weapons, characters and venues we could incorporate for such a silly concept, so that it would be both fun and still retain the series' image (as much as it would be possible with a concept like this).

Let's first set some boundaries. Like, we can't have EVERY character, location and weapon in the series' history or it would be too much clutter. So, let's say we can have 8-10 characters as drivers, anything from main to villains to monsters, and two or so unlockable secret racers. About 20 tracks sounds about right, cut into 4 cups of 5 tracks each, going from easiest to hardest. Cup names, that's something we need as well. As for weapons just using things like handguns and shotguns and have them do what they'd normally do would be boring, though I guess they still could be a couple simple weapons as well. Think outside the box.

Speaking of boxes, that's one idea I'm throwing in the ring to start this off. The items, I think, should come from item boxes scattared on the field. Just adjust the measurements a bit to make them chunkier and actual cubes, instead of the wide chests we've had.

And no, I'm not a programmer nor do I expect anyone else here to be either. We're not actually making a game here. This is just a silly thing I thought would be fun to discuss while we wait for new titles to drop. I may or may not do some art for some ideas if I have the time and I feel like it. I've been meaning to brush up my drawing skills anyway. You can do that as well, if you want, I'm not a Tyrant.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Let's make a Resident Evil kart game!   Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 9:12 pm

I'd totally be into an RE kart game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Let's make a Resident Evil kart game!   Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptySun Jan 12, 2020 8:32 pm

I didnt realize I wanted an REkart game until this thread.. and i don't even play kart games lol. Anyways! Here is what I came up with for my draft

Base Characters

1. Chris
2. Jill
3. Leon
4. Claire
5. Ada
6. Hunk
7. Wesker
8. Krauser
9. Zombie
10. Ganado

Cups

1. Arklay Cup - For RE0 and RE1 locations
2. Raccoon Cup - For RE2 and RE3 locations
3. Ashford Cup - Code Veronica locations
4. Plaga Cup - For RE4 and RE5 locations
5. World Cup - For RE6 locations

Special unlocks

1. Rebecca for beating the Arklay Cup
2. Nemesis for beating the Raccoon Cup
3. Steve for beating the Ashford Cup
4. Salazar for beating the Plaga Cup
5. A bonus RE7 map for beating the World Cup
6. Jack Baker for beating the RE7 map

Weapons and Boost

Everyone gets a grenade launcher. The boxes you find contain different ammo for the launcher, herbs or a first aid spray.

Grenade Rounds
1. Ice Grenade - Freezes the target briefly
2. Acid Round - Briefly snares the target
3. Explosive Round - Spins the target out of control
4. Flame Round - Nullifies herb effects on the target for a short duration of time.

Herbs
1. Green Herb - Speed boost
2. Red Herb - Increases the duration of the next Green or Blue Herb you obtain.
3. Blue Herb - Temporary Immunity to attacks from Ice, Acid and Explosive rounds
4. First Aid Spray - Gives the player the the effects of a Green, Red and Blue Herb combined.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Let's make a Resident Evil kart game!   Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 9:49 am

The character choices here are pretty much what I would've put down as well. Leon, Chris, Jill, Claire, Ada and Wesker are all pretty much something they'd have to put in a game like this. Well, they did omit Leon from Mercenaries 3D, though with the pretty flimsy excuse of "he was busy being in other titles", those being ORC, RE6, Retribution and Damnation, all of which were in development at the time. Anyway, Krauser and Hunk are both also pretty popular character and fan favorites so their inclusion would make sense and make the cast more diverse other than just being main characters. I also think zombie and ganado are pretty much perfect representatives of two generations of the most basic enemy types.

The proposed unlockables are interesting. Rebecca and Nemesis are pretty obvious choices but I would not have even thought of having Salazar, of all people, as an unlockable character. Nice, interesting idea nonetheless. Steve would be an obvious character you'd get from a cup set in Rockfort and Antarctic but would Ashford Cup be a bit misleading, especially if you'd get none of the Ashfords as unlockables? The idea for a cup set in a diverse setting such as CV would be perfect but maybe just name it Veronica Cup or something to that extent.

I really like the idea of a bonus map set in RE7's setting. I personally would see it as something like the Rainbow Road from the Super Mario Kart series. A super hard and long stage with no boundaries, meaning if you don't master cornering you're in for a bad time. Since the game is set in the bayou it could be like a wooden walkway without railings built over the swamp around the Baker house and the sunken ship Annabelle, and Jack Baker as the driver you'd have to beat to finally unlock him. People would hate it (I mean, who likes Rainbow Road or its contemporaries?) but everyone would want to play as Jack.

Speaking of tracks I really like the ideas for the cups as well. Good thinking. Arklay Cup, being the first, could be comprised of at least a rather easy track around the Arklay Forest and another semi easy fare around some rockier Arklay areas. Maybe have the Ecliptic Express as a stage hazard at some point, the tracks going over the road from a couple of places. Of course, a track around the Spencer Mansion, including the garden and the graveyard (obviously not as is, revised to fit a track). Though I don't really know how any of the locations from 0 could be made into tracks, since you're mostly inside. Maybe a tight industrial map for the last race, something like Cortex Castle from the Crash Team Racing games.

You know I've had this post worked out for about a week so I might as well post it now. I didn't really have time to think of any tracks that would fit the other cups but I'll return yet!
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's make a Resident Evil kart game!   Let's make a Resident Evil kart game! Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's make a Resident Evil kart game!
Page 1 of 1