HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyWed Mar 27, 2019 9:05 am

I await your responses. Very Happy

I know this forum is dead... but we have to post on here, and actually look like we're providing updates.

In my opinion, Capcom are just being lazy if they want to outsource games. That's a big gamble, however.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyThu Mar 28, 2019 1:05 pm

At this point, my interest in this series is confined solely to remakes simply because I'm no longer invested in the story post-Code Veronica, so I could give a rat's ass for RE8.

Outsourcing game development is a common practice that can be either good or bad. Every single studio under the Rockstar banner contributed to RDR2 as opposed to a single team making it (banner aside, this is still technically defined as outsourcing) and it came out fantastic if a little steep on the learning curve. On the other hand, there's Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes which Konami outsourced to Silicon Knights and all they did was give the game a graphical facelift and add MGS2 gameplay mechanics. So before I can say anything about RE3make, I'd have to know what studio it's being outsourced to so I can look into their past game library for an idea of what to expect. Even then, they could have a library of terrible games but still do a decent job on RE3 as long as they maintain a healthy respect for the original.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyFri Mar 29, 2019 12:43 pm

I agree. The story has been dumb for years. Viruses? Yeah, fine. But parasites, and castellans? Um, no.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 6:20 am

Am I to understand Capcom is turning RE into an annual franchise? If so, that would be a really bad move. Annual releases work fine for sports games like Madden and multiplayer-centric games like CoD where the changes from title to title are largely superficial and/or minor, but they aren't so good for story-driven AAA titles like RE. These need at least a three-year development cycle. Look at the downturn in quality Assassin's Creed took after going annual. I truly hope Capcom reverses course on that.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat Mar 30, 2019 7:07 am

I'm not a big fan of the series any longer. I think the series has gone on too long, which is good if you love it that much, but it lacks the quality it had years ago. When I go back and watch clips from the original remake, I see a masterpiece - and that's a game from 2002. When I see or play a new game, I don't say it's not memorable or even any good, but you really don't think about it so much after a while. You just soldier through it, and then you want more, but it's normally severely lacking.

I think with the RE2 DLC, they could have giving us prequel stories that were canonical, like they did with both of the Chronicles games. What Capcom gave us was a huge disappointment. It was like a parody game, that really didn't matter. And since then, they've not announced any further content.

I did enjoy the game, generally, but I mean, I really don't believe it's worth 9/10 on IGN, and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySun Mar 31, 2019 7:31 pm

White Rock wrote:
I think with the RE2 DLC, they could have giving us prequel stories that were canonical, like they did with both of the Chronicles games.
For a game that you've seemingly insisted can't be adapted into canon, you're far too concerned with the non-canonical status of the DLC stories. They're, in effect, no different from the much-loved-by-some Mercenaries mode that's been a staple of the franchise since RE3.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyMon Apr 01, 2019 8:19 pm

I meant that they could have made more of an effort.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyTue Apr 02, 2019 5:37 pm

White Rock wrote:
I meant that they could have made more of an effort.
To be fair, other developers have charged gamers pretty ridiculous prices for DLC made with less effort than this. Ghost Survivors is no RDR: Undead Nightmare, but for a price tag of totally free, I don't think Capcom did a bad job at all.
Back to top Go down
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 9:45 am

Maybe for the next remake, we can get a mode where we play as Nemesis. That would be fun. affraid
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 10:28 am

White Rock wrote:
Maybe for the next remake, we can get a mode where we play as Nemesis. That would be fun. affraid
But such a mode would almost certainly be non-canon. Wink
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyThu Mar 05, 2020 11:54 pm

Carnival Killer wrote:
Well...

I have to agree with this guy.

Capcom does keep milking this series. After Resident Evil 3 comes out, I'd appreciate it if they could focus on sequels that return the series to its former glory.

https://youtu.be/HhaA9BGzYks
Returning the series to its former glory is exactly what RE2make did, actually. It certainly wasn't perfect and I had my nitpicks about it, but it seems to have drawn me back in after I pretty much abandoned the franchise, and that's no small feat. My disdain for just about every RE title since RE4 is no secret here, Mass will tell you that. Unless by "former glory", you mean RE7 taking a whole year to sell the same number of copies that RE5 did in just its first week? Rolling Eyes

That guy's upload history is filled with videos saying this game and that game sucks, so I'm not really inclined to pay any serious attention to him. Now if, say, Renegade Operative was showing that kind of skepticism, I might take notice. It's no secret that remakes of RE2 and RE3 are something the fanbase has been demanding for years now and it's absolutely moronic that Capcom took this long to do it. And what I've seen so far of RE3make has me extremely excited. Last game I had this much hype for was Assassin's Creed Odyssey back in 2018.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 1:10 pm

Carnival Killer wrote:
Capcom does keep milking this series. After Resident Evil 3 comes out, I'd appreciate it if they could focus on sequels that return the series to its former glory.

You do realise they have multiple teams working on these, right? RE8 is already in the works being developed by a different team and there's another mystery RE project being worked on. So, you know, they are focusing on sequels just as much as these remakes. Still, from their last announcement they have no plans to remake more RE games in a while (or Dino Crisis for that matter, sadly), so no Code: Veronica. Not that I really care, never liked that game to begin with (and for what it's worth the HD remaster on PS3 actually looks rather good).
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Still, from their last announcement they have no plans to remake more RE games in a while (or Dino Crisis for that matter, sadly), so no Code: Veronica. Not that I really care, never liked that game to begin with (and for what it's worth the HD remaster on PS3 actually looks rather good).
While I certainly wouldn't say no to a CV remake, I rather think CV is probably the only PS2 era game whose graphics still measure up even today. Even REmake's graphics are a tad bit inferior to it, IMO.

No DC remake is quite simply a crime against gaming-kind.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyFri Mar 06, 2020 4:23 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Still, from their last announcement they have no plans to remake more RE games in a while (or Dino Crisis for that matter, sadly), so no Code: Veronica. Not that I really care, never liked that game to begin with (and for what it's worth the HD remaster on PS3 actually looks rather good).
While I certainly wouldn't say no to a CV remake, I rather think CV is probably the only PS2 era game whose graphics still measure up even today. Even REmake's graphics are a tad bit inferior to it, IMO.

No DC remake is quite simply a crime against gaming-kind.

The HD ports of all the PS2 era titles (0, REmake, CVX, 4) look pretty good on modern systems so at least on that front I don't think any of them need any more remastering for quite some time.

As for DC, the saddest part is that apparently they had already been doing some kind of Dino Crisis project a couple years back but it got cancelled Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptySun Mar 08, 2020 10:15 pm

When Jill said "it's getting worst every night." So it means she knew that it's happening before she goes to Raccoon City?
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 3:09 am

RebelliousQueen wrote:
When Jill said "it's getting worst every night." So it means she knew that it's happening before she goes to Raccoon City?
She was still in Raccoon City when the outbreak occurred. I'm fuzzy on the deets, but IIRC she along with Chris, Barry, and Rebecca had decided to go to Europe and investigate Umbrella on their own after Irons stymied any investigation in the city. Chris had already left in late August and Barry was relocating his family to Canada before joining him. No mention of whether Rebecca had already gone or not. Meanwhile, Jill decided to stay in RC to investigate NEST (Birkin's lab) on her own before later joining them in Europe, but the outbreak occurred before she could leave.

But from what we know of RE3make so far, some aspects of those events have been retconned with Jill now being placed on house arrest and put under surveillance by Irons for investigating Umbrella on her own.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation EmptyMon Mar 09, 2020 5:29 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
RebelliousQueen wrote:
She was still in Raccoon City when the outbreak occurred. I'm fuzzy on the deets, but IIRC she along with Chris, Barry, and Rebecca had decided to go to Europe and investigate Umbrella on their own after Irons stymied any investigation in the city. Chris had already left in late August and Barry was relocating his family to Canada before joining him. No mention of whether Rebecca had already gone or not. Meanwhile, Jill decided to stay in RC to investigate NEST (Birkin's lab) on her own before later joining them in Europe, but the outbreak occurred before she could leave.

But from what we know of RE3make so far, some aspects of those events have been retconned with Jill now being placed on house arrest and put under surveillance by Irons for investigating Umbrella on her own.

Oh it made sense now. So that's what she meant. Thank you, Ghost! ☺
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation   Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis remake rumors and speculation
Page 1 of 1