Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Umbrella Corps story stuff

Go down 
+3
TerraSavior
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Umbrella Corps story stuff Empty
PostSubject: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 4:07 pm

I wasn't sure if I should post this in the main series page or spinoff page since this has to do with both Umbrella Corps and RE7. Anyway, everything I'll be posting here will be from memory so if I miss something I'll be adding it later on. The reason I'm making this is that I just beat The Experiment (with S rank, no less) and I think that for what it was worth, the story is pretty interesting.

Before I start, some dates. It was told via official Capcom sources that the multiplayer mode mostly takes place in 2015 (couldn't confirm this in the game since no one is playing the online mode) but the experiment takes place from March 12, 2012 to January 2, 2013, meaning it happens partly around the same time as RE6. And Clan Master, if you count that in the canon. Interestingly the company in Clan Master (Vasilisk) was conducting similar experiments, only in virtual reality.

First of all, we got a new unnamed character in the series, under the codename 3A-7. He is a mercenary working for an unnamed organization (not confirmed to be THE Organization) with an emblem on his shoulder that says "Umbrella Corps". His fighting skills were compared to the old U.S.S. by one of the experiment coordinators, who later started wondering if 3A-7 could actually be the original Grim Reaper, HUNK. No actual connection to the U.S.S. was established though and by the end he was referred to as "The New Grim Reaper" and he had supposedly become feared by everyone else in the organization. He got this moniker by surviving trials made to actually dispose of him.

Here's the guy.
Umbrella Corps story stuff 275?cb=20160901031812

Speaking of HUNK, he was only really mentioned once (when 3A-7 was not being compared to him) when the coordinator at the time said HUNK is an avid supporter of CQBZ, which is apparently some new fighting style being developed by the main organization here. This is the first mention of HUNK in the canon story since 1998 and apparently he is still up to his old mercenary ways. He also seems to be somehow involved with these people.

Oh, and as for HUNK and 3A-7 being the same person I think that's doubtful since HUNK has been voiced by Keith Silverstein in all of his speaking roles and 3A-7 is voiced by D.C. Douglas. Of course Capcom swaps voice talents every now and then but I thought that's worth mentioning.

The higher ups of the organization in order of appearance: Abraham Jackson (most likely dead after stepping over his boundaries), the Commander, Honker (a person with enough influence to call the shots on The Experiment), Beatrice Bertrand (also most likely dead after failing to dispose of 3A-7) and an unnamed researcher who took over after Beatrice when she... went missing. The commander, however, is of most interest as everyone seemed kind of afraid of him and when it came to 3A-7 being sent to Pueblo it was said that "That man seems very interested in this village. The way he talks about it... it's almost like he was there when everything went down." This has of course sparked insane "WESKER IS ALIVE AKDMSDKLFMDLSKM" theories but he is still rather singed after the last incident so I say screw those theories. Who this person is is anyone's guess. If I were to throw in my own crazy theory, there is still this image that has irked me since RE4.

Spoiler:

Also Abraham and Beatrice most likely being dead kind of brings the whole "the multiplayer mode takes place in 2015" into questioning, since both of these characters can be heard via radio in it. Either the date told to us was wrong or they weren't actually killed.

Now let's go to the locations. As we know, the RE4 village wasn't actually on the island that blew up and Kijuju is still very much under a biohazard so they are in quarantine but these people have still found their way into them to collect samples for their companies or for their own merit. The Antarctic facility, as terribly broken down as it is in Umbrella Corps, still also seems to be at least somewhat standing. Then there is the whole Raccoon City and the RPD areas... They are recreations. Rather small portions of those locations, too. This company built at least the foyer of RPD and some streets around it and some tunnels below it in some secure location (so secret the main character and the coordinator had to be put to sleep before making the trip). They made a terrible mistake of making Kendo's Gun Shop be right next to RPD, which it never was. Still, their existence in the game now make more sense. It can be argued if the strain they are using to make this cannon fodder zombies is the C-virus, since it seemingly makes some zombies turn into REALLY vicious bloodshots, or at least into some mutant zombies very closely resembling them. Comparison below, with the Umbrella Corps mutant (only called "mutated zombies" on the official site) first and a Bloodshot second.

Umbrella Corps story stuff Blood10Umbrella Corps story stuff 300?cb=20140925201921

Oh yeah, the RE7 connections. Maybe the logo on the helicopter in the photo isn't even Umbrella's logo to begin with, but the logo of this new Umbrella Corps. group, if that even is the name of the actual company or whatever. Anyway, they seem to be very keen on creating these testing grounds and situations, which could tie in very well with the RE7 setting.

Here's the photo.
Umbrella Corps story stuff Uc10

Here's the UC shoulder patch.
Umbrella Corps story stuff 9829c1727626884c41e8579d624d12f3

Oh, and 3A-7 (or some other mercenary from the many mercs groups from Umbrella Corps) is definitely appearing in RE7, as seen in this image I just found from the photogrammetry event.
Umbrella Corps story stuff Tumblr_oclk60ugY51s6ub5do3_540

As a side note, there is a moment in the online game mode where if you do really good D.C. Douglas says "That was... Satisfactory." in his Albert Wesker voice, which is rather strange. He says this in response to Abraham Jackson asking someone "Well sir, what did you think?". Here's a link to the voice and a guy instantly declaring it Wesker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq-_3b-Qb_A&feature=youtu.be&t=5106

Aaaand we got like a ton more nonconsequential companies, mercenary groups and whatnot. It is not known if one of these companies is the one conducting The Experiment. Here's a list:

Medvedev (Russian company)
Tenenti Inc.
Suntech Samurai Co. (most likely Japanese)
Suntech Ninja Co. (subsidiary of Suntech Samurai Co.)
Saurian Corporation
Aeolus Edge East (American weapons manufacturer based in New York)
Aeolus Edge West (subsidiary of Aeolus Edge East, based in California)
Akembe Chemical
Rashid Sahir Industries
Shéng-Yā Pharmaceutical (Chinese former competitor of Umbrella, were involved in the events of Heavenly Island)

They all have logos too, so check them in the spoilers.
Spoiler:

Oh yeah and there were zombie dogs in the Kijuju stage that were not dobermans or wolves. They were regular, zombified african dogs, as told by the game.
Umbrella Corps story stuff Dog10

Last edited by Mass Distraction on Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 6:57 pm

I am satisfied

But still no Nicholai
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
TerraSavior
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyMon Oct 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Hmmm, very interesting....but Umbrella Corps is still bad
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 12:32 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Oh, and as for HUNK and 3A-7 being the same person I think that's doubtful since HUNK has been voiced by Keith Silverstein in all of his speaking roles and 3A-7 is voiced by D.C. Douglas.
Oh, God, it's gonna be "Gaz is Ghost" all over again... Banhammer
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 2:58 am

Firstly thanks for presenting some ideas that don't resort to Wesker clones. Second, you make some good points. I too find the little story in Umbrella Corps interesting. Good spot with the Umbrella Corps logo on the helicopter too. That would actually make more sense given the time-frame of RE7. In Beginning Hour, Andre mentions the Bakers did not disappear until 2014 - meaning we can all but rule out any involvement from Umbrella for obvious reasons. Likewise Neo-Umbrella were dismantled after RE6 in 2013.

In regard to the other companies in the game, Sheng-Ya feature in the Heavenly Island manga. The story is currently up to C41 in Japanese and Sheng-Ya's 'Umbrella Corps' have just raided the island.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyTue Oct 04, 2016 7:27 am

Thanks Smile Since the people making RE6 were told they can't use clones (thanks for that video) I think such absurdity is out of the picture and Albert being rather goddamn dead I personally don't think there's any chance of him returning. Ever. Unless it's a flashback, a prequel or a reboot.

Yeah, I did list Sheng-Ya as one of the "inconsequential" but that's just out of laziness and not wanting to make a seperate paragraph for them. That's why I only left the Heavenly Island mention after the name Razz Hnnngh... I just wish it would end soon so we'd get the books here, too.

And now for stuff I've come up with since my first post. The first thing I added to the OP but the pictures after I'll just leave in this post to avoid clutter.

Abraham and Beatrice most likely being dead kind of brings the whole "the multiplayer mode takes place in 2015" into questioning, since both of these characters can be heard via radio in it. Either the date told to us was wrong or they weren't actually killed. Still, due to Umbrella Corps. being featured in Heavenly Island (that was some good info) they definitely have been a continued threat even after the events of 2013.

Found a picture of the upcoming issue's cover. Is that just a generic Umbrella Corps soldier?
Umbrella Corps story stuff 150?cb=20160831213530

Next I dug up some more photogrammetry items. A whole bunch of them.
Spoiler:

One last random thing I happened to notice while going through the old Umbrella Corps announcement thread. This logo used by the people in the live action trailer doesn't represent any of the companies featured in the game. Wonder if they are just some random mercenary group for hire.
Umbrella Corps story stuff Umbcor10
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

Playstation Network Bulls-3ye_86

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 4:58 am

So, it looks like Umbrella Corps is here to stay. Nice catch on the logo by the way. You called it Mass.
I wonder if we'll ever get an Umbrella Corps/Neo-Umbrella showdown. To see who gets to carry the legacy.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 8:12 am

Bulls-3ye wrote:
I wonder if we'll ever get an Umbrella Corps/Neo-Umbrella showdown. To see who gets to carry the legacy.

Since Neo Umbrella was also confirmed to still being active, now under Glenn Arias, it is a certain possibility. There is also Sheng-Ya, which was introduced in Umbrella Corps and featured in Heavenly Island, and they are basically the Chinese Umbrella. I'm pretty sure they are rivals to Umbrella Corps but if for whatever reason Umbrella Corps and Neo Umbrella, instead of duking it out, combined their forces for a global bioweapons market monopoly (especially when Glenn also took over all of Tricell's assets, too) the whole world would be in a mess like no other. There are now three really big players on the field of biological warfare and I am not sure if B.S.A.A. is enough to hold them all back. Well, you know, unless Glenn Arias' organization gets completely annihilated in Vendetta.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 2:37 pm

I hope Neo-Umbrella will stick around for awhile, they have potential. And we still don't know who's behind Umbrella Corps. Hopefully "No Hero" will give us some answers.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyFri Jan 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
I hope Neo-Umbrella will stick around for awhile, they have potential.

I honestly don't think Neo Umbrella is all that interesting, if not for the name. All it was was Carla's deluded plan for revenge on Simmons and Ada, foiled by the woman she hated the most. Its assets could have potential, however, in Glenn's hands, combined with whatever he managed to gather from Tricell. He clearly wasn't the only one going after what Tricell left behind them, as seen in Umbrella Corps. A lot of companies tried to get something out of their remains.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 5:15 pm

Speaking of corporations. Some people are saying that the company that created Evie is called Tentsu. Since that name appears on the crates the D-series came in.
And since they mention working with the H.C.F. Then its highly likely that Tentsu are the ever mysterious "Rival Company" that Wesker worked with in Code: Veronica.

And if you listen to the radio, apparently the Umbrella Corps guys make it clear that they're there to steal the E-Series research. So paybacks a bitch i guess.

[edit] At least that's what i've heard, i have yet to confirm them myself.

Last edited by Bulls-3ye on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheBatMan
Zombie
Zombie
TheBatMan

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyMon Jan 30, 2017 5:29 pm

Bulls-3ye wrote:
Speaking of corporations. Some people are saying that the company that created Evie is called Tentsu. Since that name appears on the crates the D-series came in.
And since they mention working with the H.C.F. Then its highly likely that Tentsu are the ever mysterious "Rival Company" that Wesker worked with in Code: Veronica.

And if you listen to the radio, apparently the Umbrella Corps guys make it clear that they're there to steal the E-Series research. So paybacks a bitch i guess.

[edit] At least that's what i've heard, i have yet to confirm them myself.

Not quite. Umbrella Corps is essentially what the rival company have evolved into. This may have been around the time of RE4 when Wesker's goal was to re-establish some form of Umbrella in his own image. The rival company initially worked with Tentsu (if that's what they really are called and not just a brand name for the briefcase) to start the E-series program in 2000. At some point, Tentsu took it over completely. In 2014, Tentsu feared Eveline would be snatched by rival companies (including Umbrella Corps) so ordered her moved to their Central American branch. However, thanks to Alan, Eveline escaped, the ship wrecked in the storm. Eveline and Mia were found by the Bakers and they were all infected. In early 2015, Tentsu made contact with Lucas and cured him, meaning he was no longer under the influence of Eveline, though he still has regenerative powers. Because she was too dangerous to snatch back, Tentsu monitored her from the salt mines because she is now in a controlled environment trying to build her 'family.' (Important point - Jack and Marguerite are the way they are because of Eveline's influence, Lucas is the way he is because he's always been secretly sadistic - bad seed apparently.)
Lucas sends encrypted messages about Eveline to Tentsu, these messages are intercepted by Umbrella Corps who are doing aerial surveillance of the area. (The three encrypted messages to a 3rd party mentioned in dialogue by the Umbrella Corps operatives are the three e-mails you find in the Salt Mine). 'Redfield's' mission was to snatch Eveline back for Umbrella Corps but when she became too dangerous he helped destroy her. Instead he secured Mia and Ethan for Umbrella Corps.

The anti-B.O.W. gun used by Umbrella Corps is the Wesker model Samurai Edge, made in honour of their former leader.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyFri Feb 03, 2017 11:54 am

There's one thing I've been wondering that I hope we get some answers to in Not a Hero. So, what are the chances that this "Redfield" is actually 3A-7?
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptySun Feb 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Its possible, although some people are saying that "Redfield" is actually Hunk. But then again they seem to think that every new character is Hunk!.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyMon Feb 06, 2017 5:00 am

Yeah, I remember when I first saw Rachel ... I was convinced it was Hunk in drag.
Back to top Go down
Bulls-3ye
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Bulls-3ye

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyTue Feb 07, 2017 4:49 am

Ridiculous... Rachel doesn't even have a gas mask!. Cause every character that wears a gas mask is obviously Hunk.

Umbrella Corps story stuff Resident-Evil-5-Bertha-2-psd74391
I'm on to you Bertha!.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyThu Feb 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Yeah, I remember when I first saw Rachel ... I was convinced it was Hunk in drag.

Gross
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
White Rock
User BANNED
User BANNED
White Rock

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 9:15 pm

Damn, this game WAS so bad! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Corps story stuff   Umbrella Corps story stuff Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Corps story stuff
Page 1 of 1