HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"

Go down 
+9
Vandal
Ssplain
AzureSparkle
37 Narwhals
PAULSAMSON
Ghost Leader
Mass Distraction
PWNERX
DampRevil
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 12:43 am

TyrantSteve wrote:
The only reason I can accept Anderson's movies is that he doesn't lie or have any blissful ignorance about what he's doing.

Really now? He has said that other people making movie adaptations of video games don't know what they are doing (like he did) and that he is a huge fan of the series despite hardly playing any of the games. That's pretty delusional if you ask me.

On another note, why hate on something other people like? If you only like the old games then there's no reason for you to keep up with the latest news.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 7:14 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:
The only reason I can accept Anderson's movies is that he doesn't lie or have any blissful ignorance about what he's doing.

Really now? He has said that other people making movie adaptations of video games don't know what they are doing (like he did) and that he is a huge fan of the series despite hardly playing any of the games. That's pretty delusional if you ask me.

On another note, why hate on something other people like? If you only like the old games then there's no reason for you to keep up with the latest news.

Anderson had no illusions about what he was making. I'm not commending him or his movies, I'm just saying that I can accept them because he has no illusions. And I don't think he's a true RE fan. He's too into the newer games for that.

I'm just a die-hard old-school Resident Evil fan who wants to see the series done some justice and to then be granted rest. So, hopefully, you can understand my scepticism and subsequent eagle eyed watching of franchise news. I want one last great Resident Evil.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:26 am

TyrantSteve wrote:
Anderson had no illusions about what he was making. I'm not commending him or his movies, I'm just saying that I can accept them because he has no illusions. And I don't think he's a true RE fan. He's too into the newer games for that.

He has an illusion that he's making the best video game to movie adaptation out there. That's bad enough. He has said, in an interview, that other people making such movies can't do it right. He's wrong and delusional. Not even making this up: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t2852-what-the-hell-paul

On another note, you can't say someone is not a "true fan" if they are mostly into the newer games. I could say the same for you not being a "true RE fan" for only liking the older games. It doesn't work like that. Though, to be fair, Paul has propably hardly played those either.

If you are expecting the series to be exactly like it was in the days of fixed camera angles, you're shit out of luck. Sorry but it's true. Better to accept that than to keep asking for something that's out of question.
Back to top Go down
TyrantSteve
Cerberus
Cerberus
TyrantSteve

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:19 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
TyrantSteve wrote:

He has an illusion that he's making the best video game to movie adaptation out there. That's bad enough. He has said, in an interview, that other people making such movies can't do it right. He's wrong and delusional. Not even making this up: http://www.residentevilforums.net/t2852-what-the-hell-paul

On another note, you can't say someone is not a "true fan" if they are mostly into the newer games. I could say the same for you not being a "true RE fan" for only liking the older games. It doesn't work like that. Though, to be fair, Paul has propably hardly played those either.

If you are expecting the series to be exactly like it was in the days of fixed camera angles, you're shit out of luck. Sorry but it's true. Better to accept that than to keep asking for something that's out of question.

I know that some things have to change. But it's that there's nothing even remotely resembling the old-games, or a survival horror game, in the new ones. Just more shooting. Seems more like Call of Duty to me.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 am

TyrantSteve wrote:
I know that some things have to change. But it's that there's nothing even remotely resembling the old-games, or a survival horror game, in the new ones. Just more shooting. Seems more like Call of Duty to me.

Everything involving shooting "looks like Call of Duty" nowadays, at least according to the internet. Besides, RER was pretty close to the old times. I wouldn't mind getting more games like that. Not that there's anything wrong with RE5 or 6 anyway.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:02 pm

Some news on Resident Evil television series: Arklay isn't happening, instead Constatin films, producers of the Resident Evil films and Pompeii are going to helm the television aspect of Resident Evil to take place after the last film. Apparently, they're saying it's going to be closer to the games.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/13/mortal-instruments-resident-evil-tv-series/

I thought Arklay was a stupid idea, and honestly, this is a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:18 pm

Honestly, if it has anything to do with the movie continuity, no amount of "It's going to stick closer to the games" will make it better.
Back to top Go down
DampRevil
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
DampRevil

Playstation Network DampRevil

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 2:33 pm

It sounds like it is a continuation of the film series. Constantin Films work on Anderson's films, so I'd say it's a safe bet to assume that it is set in the film universe.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 3:32 pm

The show is gonna flop.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
EQOAnostalgia
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
EQOAnostalgia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 11:08 pm

This is going to end in tears!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EQOAnostalgia
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:16 pm

PWNERX wrote:
The show is gonna flop.
"Arklay" wouldn't have been any better.
Back to top Go down
Valentine Fan
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Valentine Fan

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:18 pm

I could definitely see this being great, on par with some of the best shows to come out in recent years, IF those in charge of it take it seriously. Granted, I've seen people say that RE was, at the beginning, basically a B-movie, and I can see why someone in charge of directing a project based around the games wouldn't want to be serious about it.

But think about how great the show would be if it were taken with the same level of seriousness as something like "Breaking Bad" or "The Walking Dead". I'm talking great characters, all of which are written in a realistic fashion and are given actual emotions, and most of all, aren't cardboard generic copies of something we've seen before in the games. Storylines that make us want to keep coming back and watching to see what happens. Great sets that add to the entire atmosphere of the show.

This could be great. It just needs to be taken seriously.

EDIT: And if it has anything to do with the movies, it's gonna suck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"   Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil May Be Getting A Television Series: "Arklay"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2