Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Resident Evil Letdowns

Go down 
+11
RebelliousQueen
KelvintheCamper
Amadeus31B
Vandal
PWNERX
Mass Distraction
Crowbar
DXP
Ghost Leader
DampRevil
PAULSAMSON
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 11:54 am

Modern technology gives people the incentive to put it into use at a time when it did not exist. This is nothing new. We all fantasize about what might have happened if more advanced tools were at our disposal. The team that developed ORC are no different.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyFri May 09, 2014 1:42 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Yeah, Gaiden isn't canon.
At least, it's never been stated to be canon by Capcom anyway.

I'd be hilarious if in a main series game down the road, Leon turns out to be an advanced BOW of some kind and Capcom is all like, "What, didn't you people play Gaiden? You should have seen this coming!" lol! 
Ahaha, I could see it now. Plot twist!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat May 10, 2014 3:56 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Yeah, Gaiden isn't canon.
At least, it's never been stated to be canon by Capcom anyway.
I think it's pretty official that the game is not canon. It was supposed to happen during Code: Veronica but has since been dropped from the actual canon. I have no straight up source but the fact that Dead Aim is mentioned in official timelines yet Gaiden isn't should be enough.

Still doesn't stop me from hoping for a noncanon spinoff. A man can dream!

DXP wrote:
*RPD wasn't the RPD at all
*Zombies that were sponge bullets, same goes for USS or Spec Ops
*Hunters....hated those shits with a passion(again sponge bullets)

Not sure if it's just because I played it after it had been patched but I found Hunters to be easy to kill with a few short bursts to their sweet spots and all the zombies and humans died from a well placed shot to the head. Of course they did eat up your ammo if you shot anywhere else but I just explained that to myself with bodyarmor and zombies being zombies. Then again, I've seen people complain about this even after the supposed fix-it-all patch so I dunno.

DXP wrote:
*Optical camouflage

I still can't believe this is being picked on when it's a fictional universe with something like Umbrella and all their other crazy stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Yeah, research into adaptive camouflage has been ongoing since at least World War II, so it isn't out of the realm of Umbrella's fictional capability to have engineered a cloaking device like what's-his-name used.
Back to top Go down
Amadeus31B
Raccoon Citizen
Raccoon Citizen
Amadeus31B

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:47 pm

When Capcom released Operation Raccoon City, I thought we were getting another Outbreak for some reason. I played this piece of shit and raged. Didn’t play it for two years. Picked it up again and I’m actually enjoying it.

Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:15 pm

ORC was a let down for me.

My biggest let down is that the plot after CVX could have gone so many different direction and I do not care much for the one they chose. I can honestly say I have enjoyed every game for what it is aside from ORC. They could have done much better with the story development though.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySun May 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Ssplain wrote:

My biggest let down is that the plot after CVX could have gone so many different direction and I do not care much for the one they chose. I can honestly say I have enjoyed every game for what it is aside from ORC. They could have done much better with the story development though.

What a pessimistic thread.

And not sure of trollin', but just an FYI, ORC takes place before the events of CVX. Also, the main let down for me with ORC was the horrible gameplay. I couldn't stand to even finish the game. Also the characters I thought were pretty lame. If ORC had controlled like RE6 it may have beem salvagable.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 12:39 am

Teh Spike wrote:
And not sure of trollin', but just an FYI, ORC takes place before the events of CVX.

I'm sure he meant the storyline in general.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 1:57 am

Teh Spike wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

What a  pessimistic thread.

And not sure of trollin', but just an FYI, ORC takes place before the events of CVX. Also, the main let down for me with ORC was the horrible gameplay. I couldn't stand to even finish the game. Also the characters I thought were pretty lame. If ORC had controlled like RE6 it may have beem salvagable.

I am aware of the timeline lol. I don't prefer the direction of the story in general after CVX, the games are still great though. ORC is non-canon so I don't consider it part of the story. There are aspects from ORC that I like, but those are few and far between compared to my dislikes
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 1:03 pm

My personal letdowns include
-The mysterious man in the first Damnation trailer ended up not being Billy Coen (I swear I thought it was him).
-Rebecca not being the star of Damnation or even featured (that Degeneration interview had me hype beyond belief).
-Leon and Ada being in Damnation instead.
-The Umbrella's End chapter in UC not including characters outside of Chris, Jill, and Wesker.
-UC not giving us the current whereabouts of Rebecca, Billy, and Carlos (or even Barry for that matter who should have been in the game to begin with).
-UC and DC being rail shooters.
-RE5 using the ReMake models of Rebecca and Barry instead of showing us what they looked like at RE5s time period.
-RE Mercs 3D only including 8 characters.
-RE Zero not showing the rest of the Bravo team in detail.
-ReMake not including any fun Battle Mode like minigame.
-Sherry's return in RE6.
-That only one playable character died in RE6.
-No true Ada vs Carla fight.

That's all I got for now.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 11:09 pm

Ssplain wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

What a  pessimistic thread.

I am aware of the timeline lol. I don't prefer the direction of the story in general after CVX, the games are still great though. ORC is non-canon so I don't consider it part of the story. There are aspects from ORC that I like, but those are few and far between compared to my dislikes

I see what you mean. TBH though, even though CVX is essentially Teh Spike's fav RE game, i personally find that RE1-RE3 was best and that after RE3 is when RE got "less realistic", with things like Wesker coming back, among other things.

@Skinni, what was wrong with Leon and Ada in Damnation?

What was your problem with Chris, Jill and Wesker being prominent in the Umbrella's End Scenario in UC? Don't forget Sergei Vladimir was there too, with TALOS.

Teh Spike agrees about UC gibbing us on Billy and Becca's whereabouts, but it's flippin' stupid that Barry wasn't in the game at all. Like what the hell? It mashed Chris and Jill's two separate stories together, and they just ommited Barry...blashemy!

They could have even shown him piloting the chopper at the end of the Raccoon's Destruction scenario with Jill and Carlos. It just makes no business sense.

Mercs3D really should've had more characters. I mean come on.

I almost don't see the point of having RE0 and NOT showing us more of Bravo team's adventure. Sure it shows them all at the beginning, briefly, and we see Enrico later on. Not to mention seeing Rebecca and Richard working together in UC, there's still so much they could've done with BRAVO. Volitus here on REF had come up with a badass idea involving the other members of Bravo team in Raccoon Forest, and especially the abandoned hospital location from the Flashback scenario in Outbreak File#2.

Teh Spike also wishes there were some battle game in REmake, perhaps similar to the multiplayer mode in REDS. Or really just better extras in general, as REmake offers two cool alt. attires for both Chris and Jill, but thats basically about it. Some extras on par with RE3 or the Outbreak games, now that would be cool.

And final question; what was wrong with Sherry's return in RE6?
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 9:11 am

Teh Spike wrote:
@Skinni, what was wrong with Leon and Ada in Damnation?
Well we had just found out that the two of them were going to be in RE6 so why did they have to get the cgi film too? It was even more of a letdown when I watched Damnation and saw that it didn't even tie into their RE6 appearance and stories at all. They should have just used other characters. At least the film wouldn't have been a waste of time to me.

Quote :
What was your problem with Chris, Jill and Wesker being prominent in the Umbrella's End Scenario in UC? Don't forget Sergei Vladimir was there too, with TALOS.
I know but out of all the reoccuring characters, why only those three? Why wasn't Carlos, Rebecca (who were in the game), and Barry (who should have been in the game) involved in some capacity?

Quote :
Teh Spike agrees about UC gibbing us on Billy and Becca's whereabouts, but it's flippin' stupid that Barry wasn't in the game at all. Like what the hell? It mashed Chris and Jill's two separate stories together, and they just ommited Barry...blashemy!
Would it have been that hard to make a detailed epilogue of some sort for each of them telling us what they did after leaving Raccoon City?

Also why are you speaking in third person? No offense but it's kind of odd.

Quote :
They could have even shown him piloting the chopper at the end of the Raccoon's Destruction scenario with Jill and Carlos. It just makes no business sense.
Exactly. He definitely should have been included.

Quote :
I almost don't see the point of having RE0 and NOT showing us more of Bravo team's adventure. Sure it shows them all at the beginning, briefly, and we see Enrico later on. Not to mention seeing Rebecca and Richard working together in UC, there's still so much they could've done with BRAVO. Volitus here on REF had come up with a badass idea involving the other members of Bravo team in Raccoon Forest, and especially the abandoned hospital location from the Flashback scenario in Outbreak File#2.
I love Zero but I didn't understand that either. I feel that they should have made Rebecca and Richard the partners of that game (bc in ReMake for the little time you see the two of them together they obviously had good friendly chemistry and UC just confirmed it even more although I didn't like how Rebecca was presented in UC at all so that's another personal letdown for me.). Billy if he had to be in the game, should have been a side character that seen now and again along with the other STARS members.

However even though Rebecca and Billy were the partners of the game, they still should have shown them running into the other STARS members from time to time. It really would have helped the narrative out bc it would have been interesting to see how each of the Bravos would have reacted to seeing Billy, his reaction to them, their reaction to Rebecca defending and working with him, and her defending her choice to them.

Quote :
It wasn't what I was expecting. I mean who wanted her back as a government agent? That particular plot point felt forced to me. So I guess I should say that more specifically, her reason for being able to return is a personal letdown.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 5:35 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Also why are you speaking in third person? No offense but it's kind of odd.

If you think that is odd then clearly you don't know Teh Spike. So allow Teh Spike to retort with a question of his own; Do you like strudel?

Ok lemme see...While Damnation didn't really directly tie into RE6, nor did Degeneration to RE5, so its not too suprising. I thought it was cool seeing them in Damnation, it was just a fun movie in general, with lots of cool moments.

Damnation also introduced some cool concepts that i hope we see again, such as the use of the Plaga to control BOWs, like Buddy with the Lickers. Imagine playing a character in one of the games who has control over a horde of Lickers, and being able to sick them on any target of your choice.

As far as Chris, Jill and Wesker. Those are probably 3 of the most important and significant characters in the whole series. They were all involved in the Mansion Incident, among other significant events. But they were all three there from the beginning. No one else in the series can lay a finger on the complicated relationship among those 3. And honestly, who is more deserving to be involved in event that really was the end of Umbrella? I just think it could've been cool if that was shown to be an early BSAA that Redfield and Valentine were working with, instead of some generic anti-BOW group.

And as far as Sherry Birkin is considered, do you have any suggestions for a preffered line of work? TBH government agent seems plausible to Teh Spike. She has personal experience with BOWs and biological weapons, and brings her knowledge to a government role. Basically following in the footsteps of those she looked up to like Claire and Leon.

The only thing i didnt care for was how they just forgot all about that line from Wesker's Report regarding her, "Sherry is safe in our hands. I would never underestimate Birkin, there's something about this little girl". Even though someone may try to tell me that line was omitted from a newer rerelease of Wesker's Report, but still there is no proof.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 6:32 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
And as far as Sherry Birkin is considered, do you have any suggestions for a preffered line of work? TBH government agent seems plausible to Teh Spike. She has personal experience with BOWs and biological weapons, and brings her knowledge to a government role. Basically following in the footsteps of those she looked up to like Claire and Leon.
Running away and being babysat by a college coed doesn't quite put her on the same level as Chris, Jill, or Leon. She probably would have been better suited to picket warrior work like Claire has resigned to.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
If you think that is odd then clearly you don't know Teh Spike. So allow Teh Spike to retort with a question of his own; Do you like strudel?
Oh no, that stuff is disgusting.

Quote :
Ok lemme see...While Damnation didn't really directly tie into RE6, nor did Degeneration to RE5, so its not too suprising. I thought it was cool seeing them in Damnation, it was just a fun movie in general, with lots of cool moments.
Damnation was a 6/10 movie at best. Just bc Degeneration didn't tie in that well to RE5 doesn't mean Damnation should have done the same thing in regard to RE6. It was suppose to do everything better but it didn't imo. I honestly preferred Degeneration over it and both films could have been done better as they are pretty average.
Quote :
Damnation also introduced some cool concepts that i hope we see again, such as the use of the Plaga to control BOWs, like Buddy with the Lickers. Imagine playing a character in one of the games who has control over a horde of Lickers, and being able to sick them on any target of your choice.
Well if they decide to do that they can just use Buddy right in his wheelchair. While it sounds hella ridiculous, it would at least tie Damnation to the games better. Fortunately Capcom won't do that bc they only like to bring certain characters back.

Quote :
As far as Chris, Jill and Wesker. Those are probably 3 of the most important and significant characters in the whole series. They were all involved in the Mansion Incident, among other significant events. But they were all three there from the beginning. No one else in the series can lay a finger on the complicated relationship among those 3. And honestly, who is more deserving to be involved in event that really was the end of Umbrella? I just think it could've been cool if that was shown to be an early BSAA that Redfield and Valentine were working with, instead of some generic anti-BOW group.
I'm not saying they shouldn't have been involved, I'm saying them plus more characters should have been involved in Umbrella's end.

Quote :
Based on how she was presented in RE6, she should be part of Terrasave. It would have been more fitting for her RE6 characterization. It would make more sense that she would want to be in the same organization as Claire as opposed to Leon bc that's who she looks up to more. Also had they put her in Terrasave, the organization would have gotten more limelight outside of Degeneration.

Quote :
The only thing i didnt care for was how they just forgot all about that line from Wesker's Report regarding her, "Sherry is safe in our hands. I would never underestimate Birkin, there's something about this little girl". Even though someone may try to tell me that line was omitted from a newer rerelease of Wesker's Report, but still there is no proof.
By omitting that line they took away any chance of Sherry coming back as a villian and Wesker's subordinate more importantly. It would have been more interesting than super nice inexperienced government agent Sherry by a longshot. Sherry's return story should have been the storyline used for Jill in RE5.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptyFri May 16, 2014 10:01 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Oh no, that stuff is disgusting.

Oh, well then I guess you like, uh, pie, then?

Regarding Degeneration and Damnation; Don't get me wrong, i'm certainly not justifying Damn not tying in because of the same thing happening with its predecessor, only that it should have given you the notion that while yes these CG films are indeed canonical to the game series, maybe they are still pretty "standalone". The CG films don't fuck with the games and the games don't fuck with the CG films, that kind of mindset.

Aside from that, come on, Degen better than Damn? AND Damn is only worth a 6/10? Did you watch Damnation with both of your contacts in the same eye? Damnation had a few known characters, some classic BOWs, interesting and/or fun characters, plenty of pops for the fans. Its a pretty solid RE film experience. Degeneration was all about Angela "Dead-Eye" Miller trying to put the moves on Leon, and whining about her brother(Who was played by Roger Craig Smith for the record). "Curtis!!!"

As for Buddy, let him stay in the motherland. I'd like to see a different character, who can't park in the handicap parking space at Wally World, to control a mob of Lickers. Or Hunters, or Regenerators, or fucking Reapers! But i digress.

I doubt Barry or Carlos or Rebecca could've been involved in Umbrella's end. Of course we don't know much about Rebecca or Carlos post-RE3, but Barry prolly woulda been with his family in Canada. Still. I mean what were you expecting or wanting? Some Avengers-type reunion with Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Barry, Rebecca, Billy, and Carlos, all working together to take on Umbrella Once And For All?

Alright, Teh Spike admits, Sherry becoming a tree hugger like Claire might be a cooler idea than what we saw of her, but i'm cool with what Capcom chose there. They could always end up having her join TerraSave.

I just thought her amazing healing ability, as a result of her G infection, was really awesome. Its just a shame you pretty much get one measley cutscene demonstrating her power, rather than implimenting it gameplay wise for her character...
Back to top Go down
Crowbar
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 4:37 am

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
My personal letdowns include
-The mysterious man in the first Damnation trailer ended up not being Billy Coen (I swear I thought it was him).
-Rebecca not being the star of Damnation or even featured (that Degeneration interview had me hype beyond belief).
-Leon and Ada being in Damnation instead.
-The Umbrella's End chapter in UC not including characters outside of Chris, Jill, and Wesker.
-UC not giving us the current whereabouts of Rebecca, Billy, and Carlos (or even Barry for that matter who should have been in the game to begin with).
-UC and DC being rail shooters.
-RE5 using the ReMake models of Rebecca and Barry instead of showing us what they looked like at RE5s time period.
-RE Mercs 3D only including 8 characters.
-RE Zero not showing the rest of the Bravo team in detail.
-ReMake not including any fun Battle Mode like minigame.
-Sherry's return in RE6.
-That only one playable character died in RE6.
-No true Ada vs Carla fight.

That's all I got for now.

I do agree with the one playable character dying in RE6. There should have at least been two, and one of them should have been one of the main characters (Leon, Chris, Jake or Ada).
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:38 am

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Quote :
It wasn't what I was expecting. I mean who wanted her back as a government agent? That particular plot point felt forced to me. So I guess I should say that more specifically, her reason for being able to return is a personal letdown.

I dunno, at this point I feel that we should just be happy to see what the old characters are up to nowadays. At least it shows that not all of them are completely forgotten.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Oh, well then I guess you like, uh, pie, then?
No.

Quote :
Regarding Degeneration and Damnation; Don't get me wrong, i'm certainly not justifying Damn not tying in because of the same thing happening with its predecessor, only that it should have given you the notion that while yes these CG films are indeed canonical to the game series, maybe they are still pretty "standalone". The CG films don't fuck with the games and the games don't fuck with the CG films, that kind of mindset.
I'm sorry but that's a weak reason. Don't tie the movies in with the games if you aren't going to do it to perfection bc most people purchasing and watching these films are the games fans. That's how I see it.

Quote :
Aside from that, come on, Degen better than Damn? AND Damn is only worth a 6/10? Did you watch Damnation with both of your contacts in the same eye? Damnation had a few known characters, some classic BOWs, interesting and/or fun characters, plenty of pops for the fans. Its a pretty solid RE film experience. Degeneration was all about Angela "Dead-Eye" Miller trying to put the moves on Leon, and whining about her brother(Who was played by Roger Craig Smith for the record). "Curtis!!!"
Doesn't matter how I watched it or what Angela was doing, Damnation is still a 6/10 at best and Degeneration is still the better and less pointless film.

Quote :
As for Buddy, let him stay in the motherland. I'd like to see a different character, who can't park in the handicap parking space at Wally World, to control a mob of Lickers. Or Hunters, or Regenerators, or fucking Reapers! But i digress.
That's discriminating don't you think?

Quote :
I doubt Barry or Carlos or Rebecca could've been involved in Umbrella's end. Of course we don't know much about Rebecca or Carlos post-RE3, but Barry prolly woulda been with his family in Canada. Still. I mean what were you expecting or wanting? Some Avengers-type reunion with Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Barry, Rebecca, Billy, and Carlos, all working together to take on Umbrella Once And For All?
Actually that would have been a cool idea (well outside of Billy being there). It would have been better than what we got by a longshot.

Quote :
I just thought her amazing healing ability, as a result of her G infection, was really awesome. Its just a shame you pretty much get one measley cutscene demonstrating her power, rather than implimenting it gameplay wise for her character...
I didn't care for Sherry having healing powers to be honest. They were so unnecessary and judging how RE6 used them (or didn't in this case), someone at Capcom agrees with me.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 10:38 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
I'm sorry but that's a weak reason. Don't tie the movies in with the games if you aren't going to do it to perfection bc most people purchasing and watching these films are the games fans. That's how I see it.

Oh is that how you see it?

I'm sorry that you're sorry, because clearly in this no one at Capcom agrees with you. The CG films are canon, yet they aren't directly involved in the main storyline. They're basically just fun little side stories, which at least so far, is centralized around Leon.

Teh Spike doesn't know where you learned how to review movies, young one, but when reviewing a film, such as Damnation or Degeneration, the movies as wholes shouldn't be considered better or worse based on which was "less important" to the Games' main storyline.

How about the voice work, attention to details about characters, enemies, etc. Damnation was wayyy more fun to watch than Degeneration. Damnation is a 9/10 at worst. Wanna talk about letdowns, how about your precious Degeneration. They falsely advertised the movie to be some badass CG RE film with Leon and Claire reunited to fight bioterrorism! They hardly saw eachother throughout the movie, WilPharma was pointless and has never been mentioned outside of Degen. It didn't offer any new concepts, some characters were off and their face was strange looking(Leon), everyone always complains about how robotic he was in Degen. Face it, Damnation is a superior sequel.

Teh Spike doesn't discriminate.

Umbrella's End wasn't perfect, but having all of the main protagonists come together to save from world from Umbrella! Are you fucking nuts? What is this, The Justice League? Can you say, "cheesy". I guess you'd like some cheese with that whine.

Regarding Sherry's healing ability, not only does Teh Spike dissagree with you, but its clear that you are quite mistaken. If Birkin's healing ability was so unnecessary, then why show it at all? She didn't HAVE to get impaled by debris. Capcom clearly made a point of showing that the children of Albert Wesker and William Birkin, Jake AND Sherry, were each exceptional in their own ways. And how could it be unnecessary anyway? Everyone pretty much already knew Sherry wasn't going to be quite normal when we saw her again. Considering she was previously infected with the freaking G-Virus. Duh. Seems like a pretty solid way for Capcom to show that her body has changed from that G infection.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySat May 17, 2014 11:54 pm

Teh Spike wrote:

Oh is that how you see it?

I'm sorry that you're sorry, because clearly in this no one at Capcom agrees with you. The CG films are canon, yet they aren't directly involved in the main storyline. They're basically just fun little side stories, which at least so far, is centralized around Leon.
Yeah that's how I see it.

Well I guess that sucks for me that Capcom doesn't see it that way. Maybe one day they'll change their minds about it hmm.

I don't hate Leon (cause you brought him up as if I do) but he really shouldn't have been in Damnation. Heck I would have felt the same way if Claire came back for this film instead of Leon.

Quote :
Teh Spike doesn't know where you learned how to review movies, young one, but when reviewing a film, such as Damnation or Degeneration, the movies as wholes shouldn't be considered better or worse based on which was "less important" to the Games' main storyline.
That's just part of my judgment. Looking at both as a whole Degeneration is better than Damnation to me. That hasn't and won't change. Why my opinion is so hard for you to believe or accept I don't know.

Quote :
How about the voice work, attention to details about characters, enemies, etc. Damnation was wayyy more fun to watch than Degeneration. Damnation is a 9/10 at worst. Wanna talk about letdowns, how about your precious Degeneration. They falsely advertised the movie to be some badass CG RE film with Leon and Claire reunited to fight bioterrorism! They hardly saw eachother throughout the movie, WilPharma was pointless and has never been mentioned outside of Degen. It didn't offer any new concepts, some characters were off and their face was strange looking(Leon), everyone always complains about how robotic he was in Degen. Face it, Damnation is a superior sequel.
If it was for you, that's great but I just don't feel the same way. Why are you so upset by the fact that I just didn't think Damnation was that great of a film and that I prefer Degeneration over it? It's just an opinion so lighten up.

Quote :
Teh Spike doesn't discriminate.
Okay.

Quote :
Umbrella's End wasn't perfect, but having all of the main protagonists come together to save from world from Umbrella! Are you fucking nuts? What is this, The Justice League? Can you say, "cheesy". I guess you'd like some cheese with that whine.
Cheesy? That's subjective. What's cheesy to you would not have been cheesy to me.

Also man watch the language you use with me. I didn't speak to you with such vulgarity so don't write things to me that contains such language. Also trying to undermine my post with those little snarky comments isn't cool. Again I didn't do it to you so don't do it to me. Write to people the way you want to be written to bc if you do either again I will not respond to any more of your posts.

Quote :
Sherry's healing ability, not only does Teh Spike dissagree with you, but its clear that you are quite mistaken. If Birkin's healing ability was so unnecessary, then why show it at all? She didn't HAVE to get impaled by debris. Capcom clearly made a point of showing that the children of Albert Wesker and William Birkin, Jake AND Sherry, were each exceptional in their own ways. And how could it be unnecessary anyway? Everyone pretty much already knew Sherry wasn't going to be quite normal when we saw her again. Considering she was previously infected with the freaking G-Virus. Duh. Seems like a pretty solid way for Capcom to show that her body has changed from that G infection.
With the way it was presented yes for me it was unnecessary. She never does it more than once, only talks about it like twice, and outside of her casually saying something about it in her dying state, the actual gameplay doesn't even take it into account. If they wanted to show the effects of the G-Virus they could have done a better job with that but since they didn't I didn't and still don't care that she has healing abilities and that cutscene was a waste of time and unnecessary for me. This is my opinion on it. You don't have to like it but you should again accept it.

Btw what is your deal? You act as if my opinions in this thread are angering you. Dude chill. It's not that serious man, really.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:31 pm

TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Why my opinion is so hard for you to believe or accept I don't know.
Try not to get to riled up about it, Spike tends to not like anyone's opinion unless it's the same as his.
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
TheSkinniMini1 wrote:
Why my opinion is so hard for you to believe or accept I don't know.
Try not to get to riled up about it, Spike tends to not like anyone's opinion unless it's the same as his.
Thank you but I'm fine. It's he that's riled up bc my opinion differs from his. It's a shame to hear he's like this all the time. It's just a fact of life that disagreements will occur.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:49 pm

to be honest thought SkinniMini, your letdowns are basically that Capcom doesn't bring classic characters back?

I've given up on that one long ago :'(
Back to top Go down
TheSkinniMini1
Cerberus
Cerberus
TheSkinniMini1

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 EmptySun May 18, 2014 12:57 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
to be honest thought SkinniMini, your letdowns are basically that Capcom doesn't bring classic characters back?

I've given up on that one long ago :'(
Yes that fact is one of my personal letdowns (although not my only one) and probably will always be. That's me being honest.

I must say I don't blame you for giving up on that though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil Letdowns   Resident Evil Letdowns - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil Letdowns
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next