HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
 the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor

Go down 
+10
PWNERX
Mcghie
Mass Distraction
Aegis
Ghost Leader
DampRevil
37 Narwhals
will1234562
MSR
soapboxer
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:17 am

37 Narwhals wrote:

Because anyone and everyone has the right to an opinion, and because acting quality is subjective?

yes you're allowed to have an opinion, but i don't wanna hear it!

Teh Spike wrote:

Ah fucking hell! Teh Spike just doesn't understand why you fucking idiots judge someone who judges a good actor from a bad actor?!? What the hell gives YOU the right to judge whether or not someone else jugdes an actor's abilities as good or bad?! I'm so upset about this. Teh Spike is not even going to sleep tonight because Teh Spike cannot get over how infuriating it is for someone else to judge someone else's acting as good or bad? OMFG!

You still there soapboxer?

according to you and the general public, it doesn't matter whether they are Samuel L Jackson or a random B movie actor that nobody's heard of, they're going to get the same criticism, resulting in lack of difference between good and bad

statisically most gamers either don't care about or FAVOUR no voice cast, and you can't fight a statistic

that's why you've never judged the voice cast for Final Fantasy I-IX
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 7:56 am

soapboxer wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:

Because anyone and everyone has the right to an opinion, and because acting quality is subjective?

Teh Spike wrote:

Ah fucking hell! Teh Spike just doesn't understand why you fucking idiots judge someone who judges a good actor from a bad actor?!? What the hell gives YOU the right to judge whether or not someone else jugdes an actor's abilities as good or bad?! I'm so upset about this. Teh Spike is not even going to sleep tonight because Teh Spike cannot get over how infuriating it is for someone else to judge someone else's acting as good or bad? OMFG!

You still there soapboxer?

according to you and the general public, it doesn't matter whether they are Samuel L Jackson or a random B movie actor that nobody's heard of, they're going to get the same criticism, resulting in lack of difference between good and bad

statisically most gamers either don't care about or FAVOUR no voice cast, and you can't fight a statistic

Wouldn't that be the Text Box? Damn, he should get like, a billion Emmy's!
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:01 am

Well done Spike, you just summoned him back Very Happy

PWNERX wrote:
soapboxer wrote:

Wouldn't that be the Text Box? Damn, he should get like, a billion Emmy's!

I take it you mean the part I cropped out? Yes, those games did indeed lack voice acting as a whole, making judging the voice cast kind of difficult. Besides, back then it was hard to get a full voice over for such a long game and in the case of the NES and SNES era, it was quite impossible.

soapboxer wrote:

I would hope so. Unbias is a good thing in reviews. Even Samuel Jackson himself had to start from somewhere, being the guy nobody had ever heard of.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 10:07 am

Well haven't you seen his performance in Star Wars? Sam Jackson wasn't use to the bad writing in that film, Mace wasn't talored to him at all. I mean, he didn't even say: "Mother Fucking Sith" once. Sometimes it's honestly the script. You can give a good actor a bad script and it'll always be a bad script with a wooden performance.
Back to top Go down
37 Narwhals
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
37 Narwhals

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:24 am

soapboxer wrote:
37 Narwhals wrote:

That's cool, but unfortunately for you many people like sharing their opinions and they don't have to censor themselves for you. My advice would be to become a hermit and avoid those evil forums and comment sections. Hopefully none of those anime or film characters express any opinions towards real things.

soapboxer wrote:

Nice logic there, I'm sick of people complaining about graphics in games so let me give it a try:

according to the general public, it doesn't matter whether they are Capcom or a random indie studio that nobody's heard of, they're going to get the same criticism, resulting in lack of difference between good and bad

statisically most gamers either don't care about or FAVOUR no graphics, and you can't fight a statistic

that's why you've never judged the graphics for Zork
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:30 am

soapboxer wrote:

Then shut your ears.

soapboxer wrote:

Yes, exactly, according to Teh Spike and the general public, it doesn't matter whether they are Sam Jackson or some random B movie actor that no one has ever heard of, because Teh Spike will give them the same critisicm! Because that's what Teh Spike does, he criticizes! Without remorse!

Orly? Teh Spike versus a statistic!

*first round knockout*

Teh Spike fought and beat a statistic.

Does gayboxer, I mean soapboxer, even have a legit source for that statistic? Or maybe he's just autistic? Teh Spike knows it can be a lil confusing sometimes.

soapboxer wrote:

Oh is that why Teh Spike has never judged the voice cast for FFI-IX? Teh Spike thought it was because he's never played that game before. Nope. Guess not.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Teh Spike wrote:
Does gayboxer, I mean soapboxer, even have a legit source for that statistic?
Spike, please don't start with the name-calling.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:
Does gayboxer, I mean soapboxer, even have a legit source for that statistic?
Spike, please don't start with the name-calling.

Ok, Ghost Leader! You got it!
Back to top Go down
soapboxer
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 4:47 am

Vandal wrote:
Well haven't you seen his performance in Star Wars? Sam Jackson wasn't use to the bad writing in that film, Mace wasn't talored to him at all. I mean, he didn't even say: "Mother Fucking Sith" once. Sometimes it's honestly the script. You can give a good actor a bad script and it'll always be a bad script with a wooden performance.

well let me tell you, if the voice recordings were so atrocious like you say, why did the developer think it was sellable?

if it isn't perfect, it wasn't released
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:56 am

soapboxer wrote:
if it isn't perfect, it wasn't released

What are you getting at? Lots of imperfect things have been released.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:29 am

This thread is getting close to having run its course. Soapboxer, people have opinions and they have the right to express them regardless of whether or not you want to hear it. You need to deal with the fact that the Internet and the world at large isn't censored to your personal world view and move on with your life. That's really all there is to it.
Back to top Go down
VitalSigns
Cerberus
Cerberus
VitalSigns

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
This thread is getting close to having run its course. Soapboxer, people have opinions and they have the right to express them regardless of whether or not you want to hear it. You need to deal with the fact that the Internet and the world at large isn't censored to your personal world view and move on with your life. That's really all there is to it.

Are you threatening to close the thread? Because doing that would make the rest of your post very hypocritical. Closing the thread would censor soapboxer and anyone who feels the need to argue with him. Once you begin to censor people you only validate them by implying that you don't like what they are saying but have no way to respond to their argument.

It's the internet, people are going to argue and I think it's very immature and possibly an abuse of power for an admin to go around closing thread because they don't like a user or group who are posting in the thread. You're an admin, it's not your job to control how people interact with each other. All you need to do is make sure the forum is working properly so that people are able to argue over the most petty of matters to their heart's content.
Back to top Go down
Mullet_Wesker
Cerberus
Cerberus
Mullet_Wesker

Playstation Network Mullet_Wesker

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:40 pm

VitalSigns wrote:
Are you threatening to close the thread? Because doing that would make the rest of your post very hypocritical. Closing the thread would censor soapboxer and anyone who feels the need to argue with him. Once you begin to censor people you only validate them by implying that you don't like what they are saying but have no way to respond to their argument.

It's the internet, people are going to argue and I think it's very immature and possibly an abuse of power for an admin to go around closing thread because they don't like a user or group who are posting in the thread. You're an admin, it's not your job to control how people interact with each other. All you need to do is make sure the forum is working properly so that people are able to argue over the most petty of matters to their heart's content.

I don't see Ghost Leader's 'threat' as hypocritical.

The mods should be there to make sure the forum is working properly and that people are debating in a friendly manner. I've gone over the last couple pages and I don't think soapboxer is debating. I'd like for this thread to stay open, it has some potential for good conversation, there's just the matter of not everyone is debating, instead refusing to listen or understand.
Back to top Go down
http://taylorjosephdean.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 4:20 pm

VitalSigns wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

He never said he was closing the thread. The fact that it's still open a month after his last post proves that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the difference between a good actor and a bad actor     the difference between a good actor and a bad actor  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

the difference between a good actor and a bad actor
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3