Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Would you guys and gals.... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Would you guys and gals.... EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Would you guys and gals.... EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Would you guys and gals.... EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Would you guys and gals.... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Would you guys and gals.... EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Would you guys and gals.... EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Would you guys and gals.... EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Would you guys and gals.... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Would you guys and gals....

Go down 
+4
Mcghie
Vandal
PWNERX
00biohazard
8 posters
AuthorMessage
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

Would you guys and gals.... Empty
PostSubject: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 8:31 pm

Hey guys! I know I haven't been around the forums alot lately, most of the new peeps probably don't know who the hell I am. Anyways, I wanted to ask you guys something. I've been working on a project for uni, and would like to know if you would read a blog dedicated to articles about videogame characters, and how e gamers can learn and improve our lives with their examples. It's a self development, videogame enthusiast approach, using the multi faceted realm of videogames and reaching out to gamers on a more personal level, to help them improve their lives. Would you read it? would you like it? I'll show you an example of an article, if you guys read it I'd really effing appreciate it. I'd also include how to dress like certain characters, adopt their attitudes, how to cosplay like them, work out programs and reviews, podcasts, etc. ( that's farther down the road). I would REALLY appreciate your feedback. Please feel free to read the article I wrote and tell me what you think Very Happy

COMMAND AUTHORITY LIKE A MENTOR: 4 STEPS TO LEAD YOUR GUILD LIKE EZIO

In life, institutions interfere in your life on a daily basis. Whether it be commercial institutions, government, a company, a masonry, school, ANYTHING, they all affect our lives greatly. Society is comprised of institutions, and you’re most likely already part of one whether you know it or not (unless you live an ‘into the wild lifestyle’). There are always top dogs, the alphas, the peons, the workers. Think of any military institution, or any business. They don’t let the janitor decide this year’s quarterly budget costs, or let joe schmoe organize an aerial attack in Baghdad, do they? Yes, and dear reader, as you sit soaking up this information, chances are you aren’t in any position of relevance within any of these so called institutions. To get anything done, to be taken seriously, and become a person who inspires, respect, change, and progress, you must carry yourself with authority. It’s easier said than done. Fortunately, the master assassin and mentor of the Italian branch of the assassin brotherhood, has your back. The assassin brotherhood are a secret society of trained killers, government figures, authors and thinkers who intervene in the world stage to help humanity grow through freedom and free will. And you thought Coca Cola was a relevant institution. Ezio was a charismatic man, who through trial and error, became one of the most notorious mentors of the age. His leadership skills can help you assume authority and become the ‘master assassin’ to build up your own ‘guild’ (at school, university, or work) to it’s greatest potential.

1- PAY YOUR DUES AND GET THINGS DONE
Let´s face it. You’re always going to have a superior at one point in your life. And to have him or her thinking of you as an ally and a person who he can rely on is extremely beneficial towards your school or professional career. The work the boss has to do is not simple, and people are always judging. When you are a diligent and responsible worker, you begin to be noticed by higher management. Ezio was being observed since 1476 all the way to 1786, just so he could become considered welcome within the fold of the assassins. Through all this time, he paid his dues to Antonio, Bartholomeo and Mario, did his work unrelentlessly, until he was trusted with the liberation of Venice and Florence from Templar influence. Whatever you job, make sure you do your best, and others only pale in comparison. And if the boss, doesn’t take notice, make sure he or she knows that you are not just interested in your current post, and that you aspire to become bigger. Also, if you prove yourself an asset and cut the boss a few breaks, guess who’ll be considered when it comes to extra credit, a higher salary, or a few extra marks on your next test?

2- ASSESS YOUR SITUATION, AND LOOK ON FORMS OF IMPROVING IT

It is incredibly easy to whine about how much work sucks, about how low the boss pays, how crappy the teacher does his lesson, etc. It is not so easy, to sit down, actively assess the situation including it’s limitations, and provide concrete solutions. This is much the mind of an engineer, and you can see how they get payed and treated in life (I’ll give you a hint: NOT BADLY). Ezio was a bit of a hot head, and was known to not conform, and change his environment and situation for the good of the brotherhood. When having the easy choice of fleeing to Spain with his family, Ezio decided he would not run, but fight and become part of something else. This choice led him to effectively become the nightmare of the Italian Templars, and change the face of the brotherhood forever. He established a powerful guild in Rome, which was, when he arrived, a ruin with an ambition. He assessed, planned, and took action. This led him to become the boss, and mentor of the assassin brotherhood, becoming famous across Europe. Change your situation, suggest solutions to your superiors, and don’t act entitled as if you should charge for it. Trust me. Trust Ezio. The right people take notice.

3- HAVE BALLS

Gary from finances should have had the report on your desk an hour ago? Jill wasn’t online for two days when you had to plan your chemistry presentation? It’s time to grow a spine. You are a reliable person. You get the job done. How would Ezio feel if he called upon his apprentices and they showed up five minutes late? Not good I’d wager, on account of him getting killed. Do not tolerate bad behavior, as you granting favors and not expecting to be treated that way in return just lowers you to the spot of a weak doormat. And doormats are not good leaders. People won’t like you when you call them on their bullshit, especially when it is work related (this is truer in men, since many see their work as their value as a man). Remember, if your work is compromised due to the incompetency of others, your superior will have no mercy on you, and you’ll be an asshole if you blame the problem on whoever is responsible. It’s a lose-lose situation. In the assassin brotherhood, disloyalty is punished with death. And purposely compromising the brotherhood is disloyalty, period. You’ll be loved for your reliability and feared for your fierce work ethic. Having authority is incredibly important when it comes to leading and becoming guild leader, as sometimes you will have to stand up to your boss or teacher. And that takes guts. Guts a lower man or woman does not have.

4-MASTER YOUR CRAFT

You don’t become a master assassin sitting on your rear end watching television. You don’t liberate Rome from the Borgia tyranny by sleeping until two pm on Saturday. To become a true mentor, a leader who is capable, you must hone your skills as much as possible. Learn everything you can. Get involved in all different types of activities related to your field. Respect is only earned when you prove yourself an asset. And faking it until you make it doesn’t necessarily pan out like it should. Whether it be business, blue collar work, college, or physical training, the only way to ensure you become the best option for boss possible, is to be the best possible option. This implies sacrifice, to spend hours reading, studying, trying, etc. But it is worth it. You will be training yourself, your mind, the most important asset, to become indispensable to an organization. To become the organs that make the place function. Would Machiavelli achieved the downfall of the Borgia through his leadership? Or did Ezio’s abilities as master assassin and strategist place him as the best possible leader? Unless their trust fund daddy’s boys, or the teacher’s pet, the people in charge are there for a reason. You must always remember that.

Ezio was an assassin, a father, a brother, a son, and a man, but his influence as leader and man of action defined him in the minds of the assassins, and the minds of gamers. Build your guild, train, and have the courage that our mentor had. You’ll be saying requiescat in pace to your low tier job or position in no time.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:38 am

So Barry Burton is...well...all of this.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 6:49 pm

@PWNERX: No he wasn't, Barry is a bitch who takes orders like a sheep and bends over when told to. Either you didn't read it or you have an exaggerated view of Barry. I'm going with both.

@ Bio: As much as I doubt that Ezio was 310 before he was considered to be an assassin, I appreciate the article you posted, but the anaolgies fall through for me, since I never played Assassin's Creed. I'm a casual gamer and I played all the games you have. I was able to comprehend the main message, but the fact you connected it with a character I couldn't relate to, I wasn't as invested in it. I doubt I played all the games you have, but I'm certain I'll find something I like. Link?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 8:37 pm

>Sad VANDAL, THATS NOT HOW THE STORY GOES. ):<
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 11:31 pm

Pretty sure he betrays Jill in her storyline because he was working with Wesker.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:52 am

Vandal wrote:
Pretty sure he betrays Jill in her storyline because he was working with Wesker.

Correct.
He was a Snake, who betrayed his comrades and followed orders through fear.
He might have a manly exterior but inside he is a weak individual.
There was no evidence that Wesker had his family so therefore he just caved to demands.
There was nothing stopping him putting a bullet through Weskers head when they where together.
He was a selfish and cowardly man and if I was Jill I would never forgive him.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 2:44 am

Mcghie wrote:
Vandal wrote:

Correct.
He was a Snake, who betrayed his comrades and followed orders through fear.
He might have a manly exterior but inside he is a weak individual.
There was no evidence that Wesker had his family so therefore he just caved to demands.
There was nothing stopping him putting a bullet through Weskers head when they where together.
He was a selfish and cowardly man and if I was Jill I would never forgive him.

I think this thing was expanded upon in the novels, though. If Albert didn't keep his men updated, they would kill Barry's family anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 8:32 am

Vandal wrote:
@PWNERX: No he wasn't, Barry is a bitch who takes orders like a sheep and bends over when told to. Either you didn't read it or you have an exaggerated view of Barry. I'm going with both.

@ Bio: As much as I doubt that Ezio was 310 before he was considered to be an assassin, I appreciate the article you posted, but the anaolgies fall through for me, since I never played Assassin's Creed. I'm a casual gamer and I played all the games you have. I was able to comprehend the main message, but the fact you connected it with a character I couldn't relate to, I wasn't as invested in it. I doubt I played all the games you have, but I'm certain I'll find something I like. Link?

Yeah, just realized it was a typo, I meant it to be 1486. And this is just an example, I will be doing characters and articles from all types of franchises, including Resident Evil. I'll post another article if you guys are interested. Do you think it would have traffic? and the blog would be an official website with its own domain and hosting. I just have to work for a couple of months to pay for the site, and I'm writing content. What would you guys like to see?

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 10:38 am

To ask if it's going to generate traffic is kind of pointless as I don't know what gamers or hardcore gamers would read. I would say most blogs have shorter articles. I know it's easy to be verbose, but keep your content at a minamum.

Think of it like this; would you rather watch a feature length movie? Or a couple of 22 minute segments of a television show. It feels shorter, but more times than not, you end up watching an entire season before you go to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Aegis
Zombie
Zombie
Aegis

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 1:42 pm

Of course you could not relate Vandal. Ezio is a master assassin with leagues of extraordinary people at his disposal from 15th century Italy. So sure, keep the article. Because there just may be someone out there who can relate. Or maybe a more relatable approach would be wise. Of course, those have been done to death. In the end, you should probably just relate your own experiences in the article, assuming of course that you are even a little like what you wrote. Oh, and the "Have Balls" section might fall on deaf ovaries.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 1:33 pm

Vandal wrote:
To ask if it's going to generate traffic is kind of pointless as I don't know what gamers or hardcore gamers would read. I would say most blogs have shorter articles. I know it's easy to be verbose, but keep your content at a minamum.

Think of it like this; would you rather watch a feature length movie? Or a couple of 22 minute segments of a television show. It feels shorter, but more times than not, you end up watching an entire season before you go to sleep.

Thanks for the feedback Vandal, I'll try to keep the next articles from 500-700 words. but would you read a blog like this? I'll send you another article by PM if you want, the fact is that I don't have the money to buy hosting or create the website yet, since I don't have many IT skills (domain name, servers, mailing lists and all). But you think gamers would be interested? I'd also have articles on how to improve your social life, get better with girls, working on your hobbies and passions, all written in the creative format and style suited for the site's theme.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:07 am

PWNERX wrote:

Fear not, friend. The story never ends.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 4:53 pm

AWDCP wrote:
PWNERX wrote:

Fear not, friend. The story never ends.
Yeah, it does. Barry is a bitch who jumps when he's told to.[/story]
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 5:45 pm

STORY EQUALS: NOT JILL CANON, BECAUSE JILL CANON IS MOST DEFINITELY CANON
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:11 pm

PWNERX wrote:
STORY EQUALS: NOT JILL CANON, BECAUSE JILL CANON IS MOST DEFINITELY CANON
What in the blue hell are you talking about? Suspect 
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 8:45 pm

I don't know what I am talking about anymore. Please leave a message after the short stream of dominant swearing, then a beep.
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:23 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
What in the blue hell are you talking about? Suspect

Sleep Yawnzzzz I got this.

PWNERX wrote:
STORY EQUALS: I'M OBSESSED WITH BARY BECAUSE I THINK THAT THE IS THE COOLEST THING SINCE SWISS CHEESE. I HOPEFULLY HOPE THAT THE DISCONTINUITY WHERE BARRY IS THE MOLE IS HOPEFULLY NOT TRUE, BUT ALAS IT WILL NEVER BE. I MUST NOW GO TAKE MY PILLS.

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you guys and gals....   Would you guys and gals.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you guys and gals....
Page 1 of 1