Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Sound and motion EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Sound and motion EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Sound and motion EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Sound and motion EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Sound and motion EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Sound and motion EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Sound and motion EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Sound and motion EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Sound and motion EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Sound and motion

Go down 
+2
Mass Distraction
Pau Diaz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 12:23 pm

In Resident Evil, there have been some enemies that make noises when they attack, some that don't. For example, the zombies from RE1 made a moaning or growling sound when they successfully gripped the player characters and chewed on them and the hunter's made a funny shriek as they performed their leaping attacks, as did the Lickers in RE2. Others, like Mr. X and some of the Tyrant creatures make almost none at all.

Now, I'm not an expert in audio as it pertains to physical action, but observing my cat pounce, when we play and when he is hunting, and thinking about fight situations involving people, is it not more natural for living creatures not to make noises when they attack because it expends less energy and allows them to focus better?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 1:11 pm

Because silent antagonists are creepier than shrieking clone monsters?
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 2:51 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Because silent antagonists are creepier than shrieking clone monsters?
We could look at it this way, certainly. I think the the concept of silent enemies is scarier than vocal ones.

However, the developers of Outbreak Files 1 and 2 RE4 and RE5 thought differently. Many of their creatures were rather noisy, both in preparation of their attacks and their execution. What is the more realistic model, silent or vocal, would you say?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 3:09 pm

Ever Leon hasn't changed his hairstyle in over a decade. In fact, every character from Resident Evil 2 kept their hairstyles. But Chris, Jill, and even Wesker all changed their hair. You think that relects their personalities? What were the developers thinking when they made that choice?
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 7:12 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
What is the more realistic model, silent or vocal, would you say?
Let's just say that it actually depends on the situation. I think other monster are noisy when they're fighting cause of their adrenaline rush. You know when your system is kickin' alive. They shrieking cause of anger. That's what I thought. But when it comes to being realistic ofcourse I'll go for vocal. Cause monster, and zombies are supposed to be scary and horrifying. But imagined without the sounds in them? It's like they we're programmed, weird, not convincing and it's definitely non-realistic.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:22 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
It's like they we're programmed, weird, not convincing and it's definitely non-realistic.
To be fair, weren't the tyrants programmed for a job anyway?
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 7:37 am

I think that Tyrants serious expresion is what make them silent, it is just a way to show that they are "ultimate" bio weapons
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 3:01 pm

PAULSAMSON wrote:
I think that Tyrants serious expresion is what make them silent, it is just a way to show that they are "ultimate" bio weapons
A. Wesker contradicted saying this in RE5, by "inventing" and using Oroboros...hmm.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyTue Oct 29, 2013 5:29 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
It's like they we're programmed, weird, not convincing and it's definitely non-realistic.
Yes, maybe that's the reason why they don't make such noises.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:16 am

PWNERX wrote:
PAULSAMSON wrote:
A. Wesker contradicted saying this in RE5, by "inventing" and using Oroboros...hmm.
The tyrant was "ultimate" at the time. There was a ten year gap between the games. Technology advances fast, yo.
Back to top Go down
PAULSAMSON
STARS Bravo Team
STARS Bravo Team
PAULSAMSON

Playstation Network DARIOC2013

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 7:18 am

still I was ironic. the original game's idea was that even when Wesker said it was the "ultimate" weapon (and at least in the original RE I'm sure he believed that was the case) the truth was that the Tyrant was a failure just like the research that polluted the entire lab! :O
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
What is the more realistic model, silent or vocal, would you say?
Let's just say that it actually depends on the situation. I think other monster are noisy when they're fighting cause of their adrenaline rush. You know when your system is kickin' alive. They shrieking cause of anger. That's what I thought. But when it comes to being realistic ofcourse I'll go for vocal. Cause monster, and zombies are supposed to be scary and horrifying. But imagined without the sounds in them? It's like they we're programmed, weird, not convincing and it's definitely non-realistic.
Your point  is well taken. I've learned about this myself recently and your reference to the adrenaline rush ties in neatly. I was playing with my cat, and at one point he started chewing my knuckles and forearm while making agitated meows. This happened when he became really intense. I had to egg him on for a good five minutes to make him do it.

Mass Distraction wrote:
It makes sense. Since they were programmed, maybe the scientists reasoned that they would perform their attack moves more fluidly if they suppressed any natural sounds. It's like runners in marathons or swimmers. They perform as well as they do because they devote all their energies to their physical actions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sound and motion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sound and motion   Sound and motion Empty

Back to top Go down

Sound and motion
Page 1 of 1