Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Instinct and memory EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Instinct and memory EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Instinct and memory EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Instinct and memory EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Instinct and memory EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Instinct and memory EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Instinct and memory EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Instinct and memory EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Instinct and memory EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Instinct and memory

Go down 
+4
Vandal
Mass Distraction
PWNERX
Pau Diaz
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

Instinct and memory Empty
PostSubject: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:28 am

I found this interesting article which contains an explanation by Hiroyuki Kobayashi as to how zombies are able to use weapons in RE6.

The idea behind the weapon wielding zombies.

What I'd like to know is, if from their memories, the zombies know instinctively how to use weapons, why didn't the zombies from any of the games, even Code Veronica, use weapons? Taking into account what Kobayashi about instinct and memory making it possible for RE6 zombies to wield them, would it have been possible for the T-Virus zombies in earlier games to retain enough brain matter to use weapons?
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 6:34 am

Guess it would depend on the degree and mode of infection. Remember itchy tasty? That was about as far as they could be to "instinct and memory".
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:16 am

Some of the zombies in Gaiden used crowbars.

As for the question whether they know how to use them or not, I'd say the answer is negative. They may be holding the weapons but I'd say it's just a death grip on what they had in hand when they died.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:54 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Some of the zombies in Gaiden used crowbars.

As for the question whether they know how to use them or not, I'd say the answer is negative. They may be holding the weapons but I'd say it's just a death grip on what they had in hand when they died.
The Captain used a rather powerful Handgun, but he was taken over by that...umm...new Tyrant thingy...
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 5:04 pm

Do you know how you kill a vampire?

Any way you want. Why? Because vampires don't exist.

If Resident Evil 6 producers want zombies with weapons they make zombies with weapons. You look way too into it.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 8:19 am

Vandal wrote:
Do you know how you kill a vampire?

Any way you want. Why? Because vampires don't exist.

If Resident Evil 6 producers want zombies with weapons they make zombies with weapons. You look way too into it.
I look into the game as a representation of real life. More and more, games are lifelike. Since they do, I get the impression that developers model what is featured in them on possible modes of reality. They probably didn´t twenty years ago, but now, with the degree of seriousness in what happens in Resident Evil, it is scientifically plausible for everything we see to be possible in this reality.

After all, many things that man has dreamed about has come to pass. Computer games are merely a reflection of that.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptySun Oct 20, 2013 10:58 am

Agree with mass, they just carry around weapons and when they are shooting its not like they are aiming at you, its more of a twitch in their arms making them to pull the trigger. Their brain is extremely primitive, they do have memory though, but its very much based on the instinct, for example biting and swallowing, believe it or not its a memory, though so called instinctive memory, one that you dont learn, but have it encoded in your brain.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 7:41 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
Agree with mass, they just carry around weapons and when they are shooting its not like they are aiming at you, its more of a twitch in their arms making them to pull the trigger. Their brain is extremely primitive, they do have memory though, but its very much based on the instinct, for example biting and swallowing, believe it or not its a memory, though so called instinctive memory, one that you dont learn, but have it encoded in your brain.
Well, in that case the zombies of yesterday's Resident Evil's games should have been able to use weapons, too. There was one scene in which a zombie is seen walking down a flight of steps and opening a door by turning its knob in RE1. This follows your idea very much since opening a door via its knob or handle is very much an instinctive action. Why didn't the developers include other instances where zombies did such things?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:39 am

You're an over-analyzer. It would do you good to take a day and just relax from that.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:59 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
Well, in that case the zombies of yesterday's Resident Evil's games should have been able to use weapons, too. There was one scene in which a zombie is seen walking down a flight of steps and opening a door by turning its knob in RE1. This follows your idea very much since opening a door via its knob or handle is very much an instinctive action. Why didn't the developers include other instances where zombies did such things?
You mean shooting? well first of all i dont know why they didn't, but second thing is that i dont remember any zombies in classic REs with guns in their hands (not it the holster or hanging, like cops or military etc) and if they had them they'd been blasting it all around the place the same way in as in 6, caused by a twitch, or a very very distant memory(especially with militarys who have sex with their guns, thus have shooting rubbed into their brains down into very much instinctive level) which in case of finger being on trigger would make zombie to pull it(the same way as opening a door with a knob) but as far as i remember in RE 6 zombies where shooting on a distance when walking down towards you, but when attacking they would switch to regular "grabbing" technique using their hands, thus not knowing the meaning of gun itself and how it can be used, so that makes me to vote for just a rotting muscle twitch then actual, though very blur, but still a memory and the reason of them hitting you with bullets was just a recoil causing gun to jump around(lets call it a very fucked up lottery). I loved the way zombies are turned into pet-zombies in Walking Dead, by removing arms and jaws, that way survival instinct couldn't find the way out, so zombies would simply loose interest in eating and would just be there to decompose.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
yesterday's Resident Evil's games should have been able to use weapons, too.
Weren't I and PWNER just talking about Gaiden? Zombies had weapons in hand in that one.

In the case of older games I'd like to point out hardware and software limitations. To make zombies have weapons in hand and for them to not be there just for visual effect, the technology for that just wasn't there. Furthermore, the original RE was just going to be a one-shot game in the vein of Sweet Home so they propably never thought about anything in it too deeply.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
yesterday's Resident Evil's games should have been able to use weapons, too.
Weren't I and PWNER just talking about Gaiden? Zombies had weapons in hand in that one.

In the case of older games I'd like to point out hardware and software limitations. To make zombies have weapons in hand and for them to not be there just for visual effect, the technology for that just wasn't there. Furthermore, the original RE was just going to be a one-shot game in the vein of Sweet Home so they propably never thought about anything in it too deeply.
Yes, you did say that in Gaiden zombies used crowbars. I'm sorry, I let it slip. I´ll make sure it doesn't happen again. I see what you mean, yes, software limitations must have made programming  and visualizing the zombies with weapons may have been too much for the time. Also the developers may not have come up with the idea at the time.

Speaking of the zombies, I noticed that in the PS version of the first game, the arms reaching out posture was performed by the zombies when they detected the player characters from much farther away than the ones in the following games and that the lines they walked in were more awkward.

Vandal wrote:
You're an over-analyzer. It would do you good to take a day and just relax from that.
Please, do not label me. This is the 21st century. We're supposed to show more equality towards each other. I have not and I do not intend to label any of you as anything. Please, do the same for me in return.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 5:46 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Please, do not label me. This is the 21st century. We're supposed to show more equality towards each other. I have not and I do not intend to label any of you as anything. Please, do the same for me in return.
Rolling Eyes Nobody is labeling you anything, Vandal made a statement of fact. You do over-analyze things. It's certainly not an issue of inequality and inferring that it is, is just plain asinine.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 3:49 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Rolling Eyes Nobody is labeling you anything, Vandal made a statement of fact. You do over-analyze things. It's certainly not an issue of inequality and inferring that it is, is just plain asinine.
"Hmm, now how does a Hydra carry 6 shots...?"

Now THATS going too far.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:21 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
Vandal wrote:
Not everyone has referred to me like you two do. Quiet a number of members here have accept me as I am without passing judgement on me and reply to my posts without saying I overdo things. I am very grateful for their tolerance and intend to repay it by giving back to them in what they write here.

Why do you and Vandal in particular feel the need to make this point of yours to me?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 12:11 pm

Pau Diaz wrote:
Not everyone has referred to me like you two do. Quiet a number of members here have accept me as I am without passing judgement on me and reply to my posts without saying I overdo things. I am very grateful for their tolerance and intend to repay it by giving back to them in what they write here.

Why do you and Vandal in particular feel the need to make this point of yours to me?
Well, I can't speak for Vandal, but as most here know, I call things like I see them. That often translates to me being, let's say, painfully frank in my statements. It's not an insult when we say you over-analyze things, it's a statement of fact from our perspective. The RE2 rocket launcher topic is a clear example of you over-analyzing something. Everyone over-analyzes things every now and then. I do, Mass does, Vandal does, random guest #4 does, Skeletor does, everyone does. I'm not singling you out in any way for any reason, I assure you.

If you interpreted my frankness as an insult, it was not intended as such and I do apologize for any misunderstanding between us.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 2:28 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:

Well, I can't speak for Vandal, but as most here know, I call things like I see them. That often translates to me being, let's say, painfully frank in my statements. It's not an insult when we say you over-analyze things, it's a statement of fact from our perspective. The RE2 rocket launcher topic is a clear example of you over-analyzing something. Everyone over-analyzes things every now and then. I do, Mass does, Vandal does, random guest #4 does, Skeletor does, everyone does. I'm not singling you out in any way for any reason, I assure you.

If you interpreted my frankness as an insult, it was not intended as such and I do apologize for any misunderstanding between us.
I accept your apology and your explanation. I never hold grudges, it's not within my nature to. I'm here to seek better understanding and so far I have gotten some positive feedback, from you and from Vandal. I am grateful for it thus far. Keep up the good posts. Smile 

Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 pm

I just didn't think anyone really cared that much about what was going on trough programer's minds when they make certain decisions.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Ghost, and Vandal are really both nice. They're just being friendly to you, Pau. What they we're saying is not an insult, they we're not analyzing you. Both of them are just expressing they're own statements, there's nothing wrong with it, right? Please remember that we have a freedom of speech, and anyone in here can say what they want, and what they feel about. It's in yourself. If you're going to take it seriously, and personal or take it as a compliment, and move on. I just hope you have no hard feelings to them.
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:09 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Ghost, and Vandal are really both nice. They're just being friendly to you, Pau. What they we're saying is not an insult, they we're not analyzing you. Both of them are just expressing they're own statements, there's nothing wrong with it, right? Please remember that we have a freedom of speech, and anyone in here can say what they want, and what they feel about. It's in yourself. If you're going to take it seriously, and personal or take it as a compliment, and move on. I just hope you have no hard feelings to them.
I consider the matter closed. I understand what you mean to say. Thank you. Now, it's my understanding that the lower end of higher brain functions are what allow us to use things like tools, because they require a certain level of thinking...

But according to this, our ability to act without thinking is responsible for the zombies retaining their tool use, so higher brain function is not necessary to coordinate our more manual activities?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:20 am

The zombies having weapons in hand is something I wouldn't call a result of any sort of brain function. I would call it a so called death grip. When a person dies, their body goes stiff, which means that if they really held on to something at the time of their death, you'd have to pry it out of their cold, dead hands. As zombies are undead, they are merely unwillingly holding onto these items and swinging them when they flail their arms at the player's direction. As Chris said, the random shooting they do might be because of a twitch of their fingers.

None of this really makes any realistic sense but afterall, this is just a video game so certain things are to be overlooked.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 6:23 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
The zombies having weapons in hand is something I wouldn't call a result of any sort of brain function. I would call it a so called death grip. When a person dies, their body goes stiff, which means that if they really held on to something at the time of their death, you'd have to pry it out of their cold, dead hands. As zombies are undead, they are merely unwillingly holding onto these items and swinging them when they flail their arms at the player's direction. As Chris said, the random shooting they do might be because of a twitch of their fingers.

None of this really makes any realistic sense but afterall, this is just a video game so certain things are to be overlooked.
I see what you mean. Well, I'll head over to Capcom Unity and ask them about this. I'll certainly share with you any feedback on the matter they give me. Until then, I'll be focusing on other topics.
Back to top Go down
Pau Diaz
Zombie
Zombie
Pau Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:04 am

Follow this link to learn more. I think it may go a long way to answering the question I posed in this thread. My inquiry to Capcom unity.
Back to top Go down
RebelliousQueen
Government Official
Government Official
RebelliousQueen

Playstation Network Soulful-Decoder8
Steam : Missy Claire Gaming

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 8:46 am

Pau Diaz wrote:
Follow this link to learn more. I think it may go a long way to answering the question I posed in this thread. My inquiry to Capcom unity.
If you want to share it with us, just make sure you don't put directly the link here because it's forbidden. It's better to make a new thread about it and post it in Discussion, or Related to Resident Evil section. Posting link to other Resident Evil forums is a mistake. It's in the rules, and you double posts by the way. Here's the rules. http://www.residentevilforums.net/t112-forum-rules-read-before-posting
Back to top Go down
https://residentevilforums.forumotion.com
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 9:01 am

Miss Claire Redfield wrote:
Pau Diaz wrote:
If you want to share it with us, just make sure you don't put directly the link here because it's forbidden. It's better to make a new thread about it and post it in Discussion, or Related to Resident Evil section. Posting link to other Resident Evil forums is a mistake. It's in the rules, and you double posts by the way. Here's the rules. http://www.residentevilforums.net/t112-forum-rules-read-before-posting
The link's fine, it does not direct to another RE site. It directs to Capcom Unity, which essentially is a forum for all things Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Instinct and memory   Instinct and memory Empty

Back to top Go down

Instinct and memory
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next