Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Which game had the darkest plot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Which game had the darkest plot? EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Which game had the darkest plot? EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Which game had the darkest plot? EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Which game had the darkest plot?

Go down 
+6
Shrike
Vandal
PWNERX
Industrial Ridden
Ssplain
Nobudy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

Which game had the darkest plot? Empty
PostSubject: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm

If you ask me, it narrows down to Nemesis at 1st, 2, 6, 5, Revelations, 1, 0, CV, and 4. The reason I had Nemesis at top is because of Nemesis himself, a relentless creature that'll stop at nothing to kill you along with the fact that your entire hometown is done for. RE2 is pretty much the same for Nemesis except that fact that Leon and Claire were completely new to zombies, Tyrants, and B.O.Ws whereas Jill knew about these things at this point in time. Six, Five, and Revelations pretty much had the villain intentionally trying to spread their respective viruses globally. The rest were pretty much contained to their own respective areas, but 1 and 0 had character experiencing zombies for the first time. CV and 4 were kinda self contained in a way.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

Playstation Network ResidentJsee
Steam : Resident Jsee

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:02 pm

I think the Outbreak games had the darkest plot IMO.
I felt like the Outbreak games were really dark all together. None of the characters had any idea what was going on and no experience with the monsters. I mean, Cindy was a waitress and Jim was a subway attendant. Nothing ever got any better for the characters and well, we all know what happens to Raccoon City.
Back to top Go down
http://steam://openurl/https://www.youtube.com/user/jchandleyou
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:16 pm

Ssplain wrote:
I felt like the Outbreak games were really dark all together. None of the characters had any idea what was going on and no experience with the monsters. I mean, Cindy was a waitress and Jim was a subway attendant. Nothing ever got any better for the characters and well, we all know what happens to Raccoon City.
I keep forgetting about Outbreak. Is it canon to the story? I think it is because no way are Jill, Leon, Claire, Sherry, Ada, and Hunk the only survivors.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:47 pm

I agree with Outbreak, especially the tone of music that plays at the ending for all the characters. If I had to choose from one of the main games from the main storyline, it would probably have to be RE6. So much death and destruction in there. I LOVE IT! I always love seeing innocent people getting wiped out like that.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:37 am

Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:
I keep forgetting about Outbreak. Is it canon to the story? I think it is because no way are Jill, Leon, Claire, Sherry, Ada, and Hunk the only survivors.

It is not actually considered canon, but I do not understand why. The games tied up several loose ends too the main series and did not directly interfere with the story of them. It just filled in what a bunch of lesser characters were up too during the events. Also, if it was declared to be canon, which ending would be the right one? If they did not want there to be any other survivors they could have said the bad endings are canon. Or that only a few of the characters made it out while others did not. I know I will get flak for this, but in my mind I take the stories as canon, because they indirectly tie into the main games without messing with the story. They are highly underrated IMO.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:50 am

Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

It is not actually considered canon, but I do not understand why. The games tied up several loose ends too the main series and did not directly interfere with the story of them. It just filled in what a bunch of lesser characters were up too during the events. Also, if it was declared to be canon, which ending would be the right one? If they did not want there to be any other survivors they could have said the bad endings are canon. Or that only a few of the characters made it out while others did not. I know I will get flak for this, but in my mind I take the stories as canon, because they indirectly tie into the main games without messing with the story. They are highly underrated IMO.
Seriously? Why is it that only the main characters are considered the only survivors? It's like in 6 how Leon and Helena are the only known survivors of Tall Oaks and Tachi. If it doesn't contradict anything in the story, it should be canon.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 9:56 am

I am with you %110 on this. It would have added a nice element if some of the characters from Outbreak did survive. I thought Alyssa Ashcroft was going to join the fray when I watched her ending!
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:02 am

Plus, it adds video game realism. I've never played Outbreak before though.
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 11:43 am

Now that I think about it:
In Outbreak 1, NPC Yoko always is found dead in BFP scenario, and George in DD.
In Outbreak 2, NPC David in EotR, Cindy in WT, Alyssa in FlB, leaving Kevin, Jim, and Mark.
Mark is old as schmuck, Jim is a coward, Kevin is a wannabe Leon.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:14 pm

I felt a lot of Resident Evil was campy. Though reading notes of people's last hours before turning were always depressing.
Back to top Go down
Shrike
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Shrike

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 2:44 am

Outbreak. Out of the numbered games, Nemesis. There are so many corpses around you in Nemesis (including the people who you saw/heard die) and the constant howling of zombies you hear while out on the streets of the city that it makes for the most tragic RE title.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:42 am

I vote for the Survivor series. I really wish those games were remade into a Chronicles title.

Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

The Outbreak series is kind of on the edge, really. They can't be exclusively count as not canon but there has never been a straight word from the developers that they are. However, the T-0400TP from File#2 does appear in a canon portion of Darkside Chronicles where Ada battles him. This, in itself, does give the game ties to the main canon. I also like the fact that we saw what else Nicholai was up to in the city while he wasn't on screen in RE3. They seriously should give him an appearance again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 10:20 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
I vote for the Survivor series. I really wish those games were remade into a Chronicles title.

Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

The Outbreak series is kind of on the edge, really. They can't be exclusively count as not canon but there has never been a straight word from the developers that they are. However, the T-0400TP from File#2 does appear in a canon portion of Darkside Chronicles where Ada battles him. This, in itself, does give the game ties to the main canon. I also like the fact that we saw what else Nicholai was up to in the city while he wasn't on screen in RE3. They seriously should give him an appearance again.
This shall be my headcanon.
Back to top Go down
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Nobudy wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:

Ssplain wrote:
Nobudy wrote:
Ssplain wrote:

This shall be my headcanon.

Yes that was a very nice touch with Nicholai. Also in File #2 they show you how Marvin gets infected and left behind at the RPD, which I thought was brilliant! That tied directly into the canon also. I really need to beat File #2, it is just so rediculously hard!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:06 pm

If the Outbreaks are canon, then tell me how Leon and Claire didn't already know about the city being quarantined? The military blockading every entryway into the city would have made the news pretty quick. Well, except that major highway they conveniently forgot about on which Leon and Claire drove into town.

The Outbreaks do contradict canon, you've just got to look a little deeper to see it. Wink
Back to top Go down
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:17 pm

Wait one friggen minute: In RE2/3, everyone was infected from the water contamination, or Nemesis Tentical powers. So... if someone was killed after being attacked by zombies, they would turn into zombies themselves. Marvin was killed from that big ol wound on his gut/blood loss, and turned afterwards. The same goes for Forest, Joe, everyone at the Mansion who was bitten or had prior infection via water/direct injection, or even anyone who isn't Jill. Also, as the infection spread, Leon and Claire would've been on the way there. And, with Brian Irons blocking transmissions from exiting Raccoon City, it was mostly up to Leon and Ben's evidence to learn the truth, as well as anything else.
Which means for the two, no RC Radio for you. Also, infection does impede barricade process. As does rioting.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
Ssplain
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
Ssplain

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
If the Outbreaks are canon, then tell me how Leon and Claire didn't already know about the city being quarantined? The military blockading every entryway into the city would have made the news pretty quick. Well, except that major highway they conveniently forgot about on which Leon and Claire drove into town.

The Outbreaks do contradict canon, you've just got to look a little deeper to see it. Wink

I was under the impression that the quarantine went up the day after Leon and Claire rode into town. The quarantine was set up during the daytime, however I do not have any dates to back this up. Are there any known dates for the quarantine?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 5:44 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

There is an explanation for Leon and Claire missing the blockade.

Here, this is the straight word from Yasuhisa Kawamura who worked on RE3.
"Leon and Claire were fortunate (or perhaps unfortunate) in that they were able to slip by the blockade when the military forces quarantining Raccoon City retreated after facing an attack from the zombies.

Raccoon City is located in an isolated area in the mid-west, and is surrounded by stretches of wasteland with nary a building in sight. Since the majority of the citizens had been confirmed dead, the military decided to quickly back off to prevent any unnecessary casualties."

Source [here], it's question number 10.
Back to top Go down
Known_Hero
Crimson Head
Crimson Head

Playstation Network Known_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptySat Aug 03, 2013 9:31 am

RE:ORC had the darkest premise. Send in a elite team to destroy any evidence of Umbrella's involvement and kill any survivors left in the city. If the USS team suceeded, Umbrella would still be in business, Leon, Claire, Ada and possibly Jill would've been dead and who knows what would've happened to Sherry. Imagine the repercussions. 

Too bad Slant Six f#%ked it up.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 4:51 am

Known_Hero wrote:
RE:ORC had the darkest premise. Send in a elite team to destroy any evidence of Umbrella's involvement and kill any survivors left in the city. If the USS team suceeded, Umbrella would still be in business, Leon, Claire, Ada and possibly Jill would've been dead and who knows what would've happened to Sherry. Imagine the repercussions. 
The possible betrayal of your own teammates at the end also adds to the dark tone. I wish they would've done more with it than a random "choose your side" button.
Back to top Go down
Sundown31
Helicopter Pilot
Helicopter Pilot
Sundown31

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Nemesis.

It's overall vibe was scary, depressing, and hopeless, all while having a monster chase you.

Then again, Resident Evil 1 was pretty dark. Had a hidden-evil vibe goin' on with those state-of-the-art pre-rendered backgrounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which game had the darkest plot?   Which game had the darkest plot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which game had the darkest plot?
Page 1 of 1