HomeSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics

Go down 
+6
Ghost Leader
sirjibbs323
Vandal
Mass Distraction
00biohazard
MSR
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Batman Films or Fatman Comics?
Batman Movies
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics Vote_lcap50%Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Batman Comics
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics Vote_lcap50%Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics Empty
PostSubject: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 5:32 pm

Do you enjoy the Batman films, or do you dislike them because they don't follow the Comics exactly?

Did you find The Dark Knight just plain epic, with awesome performances by Heath Ledger and Christian Bale, with an amazing score by Hans Zimmer, which raked in million and billions of dollars, or would you prefer to read some awesome text?
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyThu Jun 27, 2013 7:27 pm

Am not an avid comic reader, watched most of the batman animated series, and since I used to read alot of superman, batman would make lots of appearances. But I love the movies, since they answer the question ''what would batman be like irl?''

That was neat. BB is my fave.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 am

Since I don't really read DC comics I'll go with the movies. I'm more of a Marvel guy myself.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:49 am

You can't prefer one over the other if you've never tried the other.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:52 am

Oh, I've read Batman comics. I even have one book myself, though I can't say the name of it because it got lost when I last moved and I don't remember it. I just prefer the movies because when it comes to comics I tend to go for Marvel.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:57 am

Marvel has a lock on feature length films while DC has a lock on animated movies. Obviously Marvel's films are superior to DC's live action. I would be interested in hearing what comics you've read, there's so much that goes into a Batman story, unless it's one written by David Finch or Tony S. Daniel.

Also Spike is a real dick. Fatman comics? Why does my opinion bother you so much?
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:05 am

I really don't know. I bought it back in the 90s and it had Catwoman in it. That's pretty much all I remember from the one I had.

Fatman comics? When did he say that? Unless it was on another thread, in which case I can justify my ignorance with the fact that I haven't been here in ages.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:11 am

There were tons of Batman/Catwoman comics back in the 90's, so I guess there can't really be much discussion there. At any rate, some great stories are coming out, I personally think Scott Snyder is the best writer for Batman right now, but nothing personal: I don't think you can base what prefer if you don't remember reading the comics.

It's on the vote. I must have some strange super power that annoy him beyond comprehension.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:53 am

I didn't say I don't remember reading them, I just don't remember what the main plot was.

In any case, I can base my preference on what I'd rather do: read the comics or watch the movies. I'm not saying the comics would be bad, it's just what I personally prefer out of the two.
Back to top Go down
sirjibbs323
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network sirjibs323

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:16 am

the comics have far better storys The Long Halloween no mans land knightfall hush war games under the hood to name a few
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 10:29 am

sirjibbs323 wrote:
the comics have far better storys The Long Halloween no mans land knightfall hush war games under the hood to name a few
Geuahhhh! Had a nerd-gasm.

I just purchased War Games on eBay. I can't wait to read that story, mainly because I hate Steph Brown and Oracle really shines through that story. Long Halloween is one of my all time favorite stories, but I honestly think that Batman: Gates of Gotham is one of the best out there in recent novels.

If you've read any Scott Snyder comics, this guy actually makes Bruce Wayne as intelligent as he should be.
Back to top Go down
sirjibbs323
Cerberus
Cerberus

Playstation Network sirjibs323

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 6:05 pm

its a good read u enjoy it i miss the old dc i hate the new 52
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Batman in New 52 is actually really good. But everything else completely meesed with the canon. I hate what they did with Babs.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:27 am

Vandal wrote:
I read one issue of Batman vs Predator and it's pretty much all the experience I have. But with that said, I have to say I prefer the purposely-designed-as-armor suits of the films over the gray and/or black long-sleeve shirts and tights common in the comics.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:07 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Vandal wrote:
I read one issue of Batman vs Predator and it's pretty much all the experience I have. But with that said, I have to say I prefer the purposely-designed-as-armor suits of the films over the gray and/or black long-sleeve shirts and tights common in the comics.
I don't think I've ever read that. The main reason why I like the comics so much is because some of the writers are downright brilliant. Others aren't so much. After all, Batman is only as smart as his writers are, and in the Dark Knight Trilogy and every other Batman film before that, he never seemed to be The World's Greatest Detective. He had one scene where he used a computer to find a fingerprint from a bullet impact which was freaking stupid as all hell.
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics Tumblr_m86we2USlT1rtluino1_500
Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics 91DD3101-6088-47EE-AA86-7E70FE32C941-3237-000003F8C51D8720

At any rate, if you just prefer it over the comics simply because his costume looks cooler, then I guess I really can't suggest you read Batman Year One, since his costume basically is just some guy in long underwear and a cape.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:46 am

Vandal wrote:
He had one scene where he used a computer to find a fingerprint from a bullet impact which was freaking stupid as all hell.
He was actually "reassembling" the fired bullet virtually. But I'm not disagreeing with you, it was stupid. And if you add in the fact that the reassembled bullet he got the Joker's fingerprint from was never even touched by the Joker and is too big for Glock pistol he was using, it gets even stupider.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeah, stupid as hell things happen in that movie. Like when Joker throws Rachel out the window, Batman jumps after her and leaves a homicidal maniac with a room full of defensless civilians. I know you gotta save the girl but, they completely forgot about Joker.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 1:39 pm

If it were Katie Holmes, I'd say fuck the rest of them. Twisted Evil But Maggie Gyllanhal (or however it's spelled)? That ugly bitch can fall, for all I care. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 2:15 pm

Cabbage Patch Face! Damn, when she first appeared in the movie I didn't know who or why she was important, then they started calling her Rachel, and I couldn't… couldn't. That was the worst replacement actress.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 pm

I always wondered, did the Joker just happen to take his gloves off to put that bullet in?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 3:44 pm

He probably didn't have them on when he loaded the magazine. You'd be surprised how few criminals think about the magazine and bullets when wiping a gun for prints.
Back to top Go down
NiteKrawler
Uroboros
Uroboros
NiteKrawler

Playstation Network NiteKrawler

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 4:36 pm

Yeah but the Joker just never really takes his gloves off. A normal person would...but the Joker is not normal.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 7:04 pm

NiteKrawler wrote:
Yeah but the Joker just never really takes his gloves off. A normal person would...but the Joker is not normal.
To be fair, neither is Batman. Wink 
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Vandal wrote:
Marvel has a lock on feature length films while DC has a lock on animated movies. Obviously Marvel's films are superior to DC's live action. I would be interested in hearing what comics you've read, there's so much that goes into a Batman story, unless it's one written by David Finch or Tony S. Daniel.

Also Spike is a real dick. Fatman comics? Why does my opinion bother you so much?

Why so serious?

Wow. Looks like Batman films are in the lead. I didn't see that coming.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:17 am

Let's shift gears here. Vandal, let me give you a hypothetical.

Say you were in the driver's seat for the next Batman reboot and you found an actor which perfectly embodied both Bruce Wayne and Batman. What elements of the Nolan films would you keep and put in your film?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics   Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics Empty

Back to top Go down

Nolan Batman Films v Batman Comics
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next