Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Enemy names in Resident Evil 6

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 Empty
PostSubject: Enemy names in Resident Evil 6   Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Does anyone else feel like they were really forced? Like why are most of the enemies that are not zombies named with Serbian words? I have no idea where Edonia is on the fictional world map in RE but I could see it being located somewhere where they would use these names. The only problem is that we actually get a cutscene where the radio operative says, I think it was to Chris, that they actually came up with the names at the HQ and that Serbian sounds "really cool" or something. Just... why? Of all the things? Moreso, why do creatures only seen in China also have Serbian names? This is just something that stroke me as pretty odd.

I mean, we've been all around the world in previous RE games and usually it has been the locals who have named the creatures as whatever, like we have African names in RE5 and Spanish names in RE4. Why Serbian is beyond me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Enemy names in Resident Evil 6   Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 3:50 pm

It did feel forced honestly. Why not just call them Ooze? They were called Ooze in Resident Evil Revelations. Now they're Raskaljelepe. Or something equally unpronouncable.
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Enemy names in Resident Evil 6   Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:07 pm

I agree. While I thought it was fairly interesting how they were named, for example enemies with head mutations had the Serbian for 'head' followed by a word which described their nature, I did think it was pretty bizarre why it would be decided to name them this way in the first place.

Ever since RE4 I haven't called enemies by their in-game names, since they're all so awkward to pronounce on a consistent basis. I've just resorted to calling them "Bug Guy" or "Flying Dude" or "Spider Thing" or whatever.

I think we can all agree Umbrella had the best names for their creatures. Smile
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Enemy names in Resident Evil 6   Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 4:13 pm

They should be named after viruses as the tyrants were, really, and the virus should have a scientific-sounding name to a set a good prefix. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy names in Resident Evil 6   Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:31 am

Limey wrote:
They should be named after viruses as the tyrants were, really, and the virus should have a scientific-sounding name to a set a good prefix. Smile
They kinda were. C stands for Chrysalid.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Enemy names in Resident Evil 6   Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:36 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Limey wrote:
They need stuff like C-(insert genetic title) for specimens behind the Serbian nicknames and I don't recollect seeing any. This is quite pedantic, though, and more of an atmospheric effect!
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

PostSubject: Re: Enemy names in Resident Evil 6   Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:21 am

Limey wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Limey wrote:
They need stuff like C-(insert genetic title) for specimens behind the Serbian nicknames and I don't recollect seeing any. This is quite pedantic, though, and more of an atmospheric effect!
To be fair, a lot of the tyrants didn't have a T in front of their names and considering the sheer amount of chrysalid monsters in RE6... That C would wear out pretty quickly.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

PostSubject: Re: Enemy names in Resident Evil 6   Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:10 am

Mass Distraction wrote:
Limey wrote:
Mass Distraction wrote:
Limey wrote:
To be fair, a lot of the tyrants didn't have a T in front of their names and considering the sheer amount of chrysalid monsters in RE6... That C would wear out pretty quickly.
C-C-C....CRAP!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enemy names in Resident Evil 6   Enemy names in Resident Evil 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Enemy names in Resident Evil 6
Page 1 of 1