Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
REF's Spike.0 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
REF's Spike.0 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
REF's Spike.0 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
REF's Spike.0 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
REF's Spike.0 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
REF's Spike.0 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
REF's Spike.0 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
REF's Spike.0 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
REF's Spike.0 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

REF's Spike.0

Go down 
+2
Ghost Leader
MSR
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:01 pm

Alright, here's my new show!

The main thing here is the Panel. I would like to have a panel of guests, to discuss all of the world's most important topics, i.e. Who will be RE's new protagonist, What happened to J. Valentine, Is Obama gay, and other discussions on boring topics such as religion and polotics.

Think Tosh.0 meets Web Soup, meets The Burn, meets The Jesselneck Offensive. It'll be kind of like Chelsea Lately, but entertaining.

I'm thinking of doing this weekly. For REF, having a "show", at a specific time, on a specific day, in which I will present you with some topics to discuss, and have probably about 2 guests to help in the discussion for the panel, maybe 3, new and reacurring. I may even go about making some entertaining vids, for the sake of said show.

I would like for this Panel discussion to be live, so mabye getting some sort of Live Chat going up on here, or whatever has to be done. Hopefully once a week, we can have a weekly REF show/podcast type-deal in which we go in depht with certain interesting topics and discussion. It can be called Spike.0, or Spike Soup. or The Spike Offensive, or maybe just a classic ol' Spike's Coffee Cornertm.

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 12:03 am

Clearly this idea is fizzling.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

Steam : BioDeamz

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 11:54 am

Actually this doesn't seem all that bad.
The only bad thing about this idea is time zones.
You would have to discuss what time is best for all who join.
The live chat thing would have a good concept though.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:27 pm

Mcghie wrote:
The live chat thing would have a good concept though.

The live Panel is definately what I'm most excited about doing. I'll be hosting, and I've already got several different combinations in mind of guests I'd like to have on for a weekly show. Especially out of just the active REF members, among people I know from elsewhere. It should be interesting.

It would be preferrable and ideal to do this Live Panel chat for the show at a consistent time. I know some members here are from different areas of the world, but I think it can be done. Whenever the time comes, I would contact each person(s) that I would like to be a guest, probably no more than 3 or 4 per show, and see if they'd be interested and able.

I first need to find a means to do this though. I was thinking we could very well temporarily put up the Chat Box for the sake of the Panel discussion, but I'd prefer something a little better. If anyone has any ideas or helpful suggestions, I'm very open to hearing them. When the discussion is going on, the only people that should be able to speak should be the host and the panel members, but I would also like for the other members and just whoever wants to view to be able to watch, like an audience.

Maybe the discussion can even be recorded somehow, that's cool too. I'll look into some ways we might be able to do this, if any of you guys have any suggestions that'd be awesome, otherwise this idea is indeed still fizzling.
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 5:31 pm

I will look into it.
I used to run a online radio station back when I was in high school.
It was linked through a mixing site and I would mainly just a lot of live mixes as well as do shout-casting and tell people about updates that's going on in the site or read out peoples messages to others etc.
I'm thinking Twitch would be awesome for this kind of thing but I don't know if twitch lets you group chat, I know skype does but the quality dips quite a lot and you have to get the full version if you want to group call.
It shouldn't be very hard to find a method of doing this.
I will have a look about and post you on updates.
We could link it through the site as well so all the REF members can find it easy, much like we had for the chat.

Don't worry your idea is possible, will just take a little planning and figuring out.
The hardware is not the problem its the minor details like what we going to name the show, what topics are we having each week, make sure members have decent microphones because there is noting worse than a mic echo or that buzzing noise you get with really crappy headsets or mics.
I have a desktop condenser mic that I use for recording let's plays so it's pretty good vocal quality.
You will have to sort out graphics for when the shows on a break or offline, we can't just have a black screen etc.
I can do all graphical based work and etc.
A nice little thing to take into account is when you go on short breaks have Resident Evil OST's playing lightly to give it better atmosphere for the chat box users.

Anyway all this can be planned out some other time.
I will try and hunt down some decent software for you.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 3:23 am

Mcghie wrote:
I used to run a online radio station back when I was in high school. It was linked through a mixing site and I would mainly just a lot of live mixes as well as do shout-casting and tell people about updates that's going on in the site or read out peoples messages to others etc.

Ah, that could come in handy. Are we able to use sound bytes too? I'd like to utilize sound bytes.

Mcghie wrote:
I'm thinking Twitch would be awesome for this kind of thing

I'm not familiar with it, but if you think it would work then I'm down.

Mcghie wrote:
The hardware is not the problem its the minor details like what we going to name the show, what topics are we having each week, make sure members have decent microphones because there is noting worse than a mic echo or that buzzing noise you get with really crappy headsets or mics.

That's easy. I've already decided on a name. And the weekly topics should be pretty simple to come up with too.

Here's a very rudementary and crude idea of the image I have in mind.

REF's Spike.0 Untitled-2_zpsde867469

In fact, regarding the name of the show, I have an image in my mind of sort of a banner or title screen. I may have to collaborate with a couple of others to get what I'm looking for, but what do you think? Should there be a Banner, or some sort of Title Screen or something for it?

Mcghie wrote:
A nice little thing to take into account is when you go on short breaks have Resident Evil OST's playing lightly to give it better atmosphere for the chat box users.

Very nice idea. I've always wanted to have BGM's on the forums, but that'd probably slow it down like a mutha.

Mcghie wrote:
I will try and hunt down some decent software for you.

Thanks.

Mcghie wrote:
I will have a look about and post you on updates.

I'll keep doing my thing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyThu Mar 21, 2013 10:28 am

Spike Reaver wrote:

Ah, that could come in handy. Are we able to use sound bytes too? I'd like to utilize sound bytes.

By sound bytes are you meaning like the sound effects they have on radio ?
If so, then yes.
The program I used when I doing radio podcasts (cant even remember the name of it or if it's still available tbh) let me have sound bytes linked a button on the interface that I could name so I knew
what the sound byte was and it just as easy as clicking that button to activate the sound byte.
I had made a custom one of my voice saying "your now partying with Bounce FM " and obviously it had reverb and my voice sounded kind of coll because of all the post production effects I had on it.
I can even make one that sounds like the Resident Evil shoutcast Smile
So yes I will try and get a program that lets us use sound bytes.

Spike Reaver wrote:
In fact, regarding the name of the show, I have an image in my mind of sort of a banner or title screen. I may have to collaborate with a couple of others to get what I'm looking for, but what do you think? Should there be a Banner, or some sort of Title Screen or something for it?

I think there should be a banner, yes.
Or even a title screen overlay because it would be better than the viewers just watching a black space lol
I could come up with a lot of designs if you settle for a style and name.
We could also maybe have webcam overlay boxes if we ever go on cam so that will give the viewers a little something extra.

Spike Reaver wrote:
Very nice idea. I've always wanted to have BGM's on the forums, but that'd probably slow it down like a mutha.

Yeah it would and it all depends if this forums hosting package lets you code sound files into the layout design, also a lot of people get annoyed when they go on websites with background music that they can't turn off.
You would also have to take into account that not every member on REF might have a good connection and it could cause some server lag for the forums.
A cool feature on this site would be to have a sub section down the side of the layout for a music box in which people could choose to play a random generated list of Resident evil BGM's.
I have a code script for this kind of thing because I started learning how to make site add on's years ago.
I can also make custom designs to make the music box look unique, it's really not that hard to be honest lol.

Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 3:28 pm

This post will be no help at all, as I have no idea about the technical side of stuff like this.

But I just wanted to say I think this is a very cool idea. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptySun Mar 24, 2013 5:14 pm

Cyberization wrote:
This post will be no help at all, as I have no idea about the technical side of stuff like this.

But I just wanted to say I think this is a very cool idea. Cool

I'm sure Spike will be happy your on board.
We might have the technical aspects of the project down but that doesn't mean nothing if it wont have a fanbase or people supporting the idea Razz
Back to top Go down
AWDCP
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
AWDCP

Playstation Network IceFireWarden
Steam : IceFireWarden

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 7:34 am

Sounds cool to me. Give me a ring…
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AWeDontCareProduct/featured
PWNERX
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
PWNERX

Playstation Network PWNER-XIII
Steam : pwner_xiii

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 11:46 am

I have a zombie spoof Ive been wanting to make. Black ops zombies, Resident Evil zombies, the works.
Back to top Go down
http://Isacwill_96@yahoo.com
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyMon Mar 25, 2013 1:34 pm

Mcghie is right, we can use all the support we can get. Help this idea come to fruition.

AWDCP wrote:
Give me a ring…

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 9:52 pm

As far as which day it should be done. Anybody against sunday?

And this show could also be a good way to advertise a wee bit for REF, not that we need it, and other things. Like my new fragrance. Because come on, you gotta have a fragrance.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Yeah I'm not working tomorrow so I will get a resource checklist sorted out for the project.
Sorry I'v not been working on the project this week, done far to much work overtime.
I will post up some info on the matter tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:12 pm

Do not worry, I haven't been able to put too much work into it myself.

But I am always coming up with new ideas. We will get this project up and running eventually. Razz
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyWed Feb 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
We will get this project up and running eventually. Razz

Said the fool. Nearly 1 year ago.

At least Mcghie left me hangin'.

Maybe one day you people will be able to see an REF Spike's Coffe Corner type-show just for the forums.

Back to top Go down
Mcghie
Leech Zombie
Leech Zombie
Mcghie

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 12:09 pm

Teh Spike wrote:

Bitch please  Cool !
I've not left you hanging lol.
The project just kind of went stale, if you want to still do it then give me some tasks and I will get right on it Razz
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 6:35 pm

Mcghie wrote:
Teh Spike wrote:

Bitch please  Cool !
I've not left you hanging lol.
The project just kind of went stale, if you want to still do it then give me some tasks and I will get right on it Razz

Oh good, I knew Mcghie hadn't truly left me high and dry!

Honestly I'm on top of certain aspects, but may require help with lots of other things. I'll PM you the details.

I had some pretty cool ideas before when I originally cooked this idea up, but I havent kept up with it. We welcome any suggestions for things you guys here at REF would like to see from an entertainment type show or whatever for REF.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

REF's Spike.0 Empty
PostSubject: Re: REF's Spike.0   REF's Spike.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

REF's Spike.0
Page 1 of 1