Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Resident Evil Netflix
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:34 pm by Ghost Leader

» I'm back
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 22, 2023 9:29 pm by Ghost Leader

» Resident Evil 4 Remake has been announced!!
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2023 8:24 am by Nobudy

» Every So Often
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 26, 2023 10:26 pm by Ghost Leader

» My Custom statues of Resident Evil series (Updated thread)
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 am by pit80

» Resident Evil: Assignment Ada Plus (v1.0)
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 16, 2022 2:27 pm by AngelOfSorrow

» Resident Evil 3.5 Revival
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 am by AngelOfSorrow

» Check out this BRAND NEW Fan Film of the original games!
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2022 1:31 am by Ghost Leader

» It's coming!
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2022 4:47 pm by Ghost Leader

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user

Do You Also Think This ?

Go down 
+12
Cyberization
Outbreakgirl
Crimson_Wolf
Godzilla90s
SWITCHMYND
Vandal
Mass Distraction
NiteKrawler
00biohazard
Known_Hero
ChrisRedfieldRE156
MSR
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Do you like Early RE5 or Final Product RE5?
Early RE5 looked scary
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 33% [ 8 ]
Final Product RE5 is fine with me
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap29%Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 29% [ 7 ]
I don't care, I'm a sheep
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Sheva ruined the Final Product
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
DC Douglas ruined the Final Product
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Sheva and DC Douglas Wesker made RE5
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
RE4 killed this franchise for me
Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

Playstation Network Screw Sony

Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Mass Distraction wrote:
Btw. Is "being a dick" more valid option? Because I don't want to call you a dick. Pardon my lack of English vocabulary, can't really think of any other fitting terms here.

There shouldn't be anything about me being or having a dick that should be a suprise to you. Get over it.

No need to jump on the Mercy bandwagon just because your original argument was invalid.

And my name change was only as condescending, as you put it, as Mercy's was. Which I personally didn't find offensive.
Back to top Go down
Mass Distraction
Admin
Admin
Mass Distraction

Playstation Network MassDistraction
Steam : MassDistraction

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:30 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
No need to jump on the Mercy bandwagon just because your original argument was invalid.
Jumping on the Mercy bandwagon? I was merely pointing out that the dude speaks the truth.

Btw. I have no idea what you mean about my "original argument". All I seem to have posted on this thread is stuff about the original beta, none of which that can be accounted as an argument.
Back to top Go down
https://www.twitch.tv/massdistraction
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:26 pm

Wow, this thread got serious fast, didn't it? >_> Anyway, yeah the first RE5 trailer looked way cooler.

Mass Distraction wrote:
If you haven't read it already, I suggest you do it now: [link] That's the full story of what RE5 was going to be.

I'd never read any of this, and holy fucking shit, what were Capcom thinking when they scrapped some of this stuff? Yeah, some of it is still a bit out there, but a lot of it sounds really cool! Zombies returning, a new variation of hunter.....the Irving train section sounds like it would be a blast, and the bit with the exploding barrels would have been intense......Barry was in it........ and they ditched all this so that we could play Chris & Sheva's Tag Team Adventure for the whole game?

Wow. Now that I've put it in perspective that's actually made me feel really depressed. Neutral

Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Where's the "RE4 killed this franchise for me" option?
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:55 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike didn't have enough room for it because he was too focused on DC Douglas and Sheva, which I'd be quick to remind him: is old news. Four years old. And he's still ranting about it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:15 am

Mercy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
Spike didn't have enough room for it because he was too focused on DC Douglas and Sheva, which I'd be quick to remind him: is old news. Four years old. And he's still ranting about it.
I'm still ranting about Capcom flushing survival horror down the john and going action shooter, which is also old news. So I know how he feels.
Back to top Go down
Limey
Zombie
Zombie

Playstation Network LimeyPolo
Steam : LimeyPolo

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 4:18 am

I kinda preferred Wesker as the behind-the-scenes calculative mastermind up to RE4, with his megalomaniac change in Resident Evil 5 being too dramatic (e.g. world change/domination, weapons of mass destruction, stealth bomber, lava, grandeur talk, obvious presence...). There was something realistic to simply someone who orchestrates testing/selling of bioweapons on the black market and only destruction to further such profitable endeavors.

The whole Ãœbermensch business with his nurture? I'd liked to think of him as simply a man who was selfishly ambitious and ruthless....
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:17 pm

Ghost Leader wrote:

↑ ↑ ↑

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mercy wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:
I'm still ranting about Capcom flushing survival horror down the john and going action shooter, which is also old news. So I know how he feels.

Finally someone who understands.

Limey wrote:
I kinda preferred Wesker as the behind-the-scenes calculative mastermind up to RE4, with his megalomaniac change in Resident Evil 5 being too dramatic (e.g. world change/domination, weapons of mass destruction, stealth bomber, lava, grandeur talk, obvious presence...). There was something realistic to simply someone who orchestrates testing/selling of bioweapons on the black market and only destruction to further such profitable endeavors.

The whole Ãœbermensch business with his nurture? I'd liked to think of him as simply a man who was selfishly ambitious and ruthless....

Limey, now you speakin' my language.

Some people choose not to acknowledge that there was even a change. Which is proposterous because Wesker by RE5 was clearly not the same.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Of course Wesker was out of character. He would have ran after living through the plane crash. He's scared of death, but I don't blame the actor for the director's decision.

Capcom really thought this was it for Resident Evil, that's why they made it so conclusive. Unlike Resident Evil 6 where no one knows what happened, nothing really did happen, and everyone was out of character so much they might as well have been different characters.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Cyberization wrote:
they ditched all this so that we could play Chris & Sheva's Tag Team Adventure for the whole game?

Wow. Now that I've put it in perspective that's actually made me feel really depressed. Neutral

I knew I was not the only one who had that bogus game.

Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Untitled-2_zps8f7ee63b
Rated R for Extra Retarted.

Last edited by Spike Reaver on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 10:58 pm

Mercy wrote:
Of course Wesker was out of character. He would have ran after living through the plane crash. He's scared of death, but I don't blame the actor for the director's decision.

Capcom really thought this was it for Resident Evil, that's why they made it so conclusive. Unlike Resident Evil 6 where no one knows what happened, nothing really did happen, and everyone was out of character so much they might as well have been different characters.

Everyone was out of character in RE6? please explain.
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:37 am

00biohazard wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Leon tries to reason with a zombie despite his experience, and Chris gained a new backstory where he commands a squad of warfighters, then loses his men and he became a drunk. Why does Ada care about saving everyone she hardly knows?
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:51 am

Mercy wrote:
Leon tries to reason with a zombie despite his experience
It's not easy to kill someone you know, flesh-eating walker or not. Nothing out of character there.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 5:51 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mercy wrote:
It's not easy to kill someone you know, flesh-eating walker or not. Nothing out of character there.

Agree, also when you wake up and remember nothing, look in the mirror and look like a miniature hulk, the booze will be the first thing you'll turn to, aint it right . . . . And whom did Ada help, xept of Leon???
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:28 am

ChrisRedfieldRE156 wrote:
the booze will be the first thing you'll turn to, aint it right
Wouldn't know. Never had a use for the stuff.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 6:53 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

Well in reality, when you have such a depression and you dont want to remember anything, just like in Chris' case, he never wanted to "take responsibility", until Piers showed up, u just take as much of booze as possible, simply to soothe the pain, so that never took Chris out of character . . .
Back to top Go down
Ghost Leader
Admin
Admin
Ghost Leader

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:48 am

Ghost Leader wrote:

Well in reality, when you have such a depression and you dont want to remember anything, just like in Chris' case, he never wanted to "take responsibility", until Piers showed up, u just take as much of booze as possible, simply to soothe the pain, so that never took Chris out of character . . .
Believe me, depression is something I'm all too familiar with and booze still never crossed my lips.
Back to top Go down
ChrisRedfieldRE156
Crimson Head
Crimson Head
ChrisRedfieldRE156

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:41 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Ghost Leader wrote:

Believe me, depression is something I'm all too familiar with and booze still never crossed my lips.

Manic Depression ? R u sure? I mean its life and shit hits the fan from time to time, but thats not the kinda depression that one couldn't stand . . .
Back to top Go down
Vandal
Admin
Admin
Vandal

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:22 am

Ghost Leader wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Agree, also when you wake up and remember nothing, look in the mirror and look like a miniature hulk, the booze will be the first thing you'll turn to, aint it right . . . . And whom did Ada help, xept of Leon???
Helena for one. Well technically she was ran into Leon, but she saved Helena. She also saved Jake and Sherry for no reason, just because.
Back to top Go down
Cyberization
Zombie
Zombie
Cyberization

Playstation Network MrOutside-

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Mercy wrote:
Helena for one. Well technically she was ran into Leon, but she saved Helena. She also saved Jake and Sherry for no reason, just because.

Been a while since I've played that part, but doesn't Ada mention to herself that she owes it to their parents (I'm assuming this means Wesker and Annette respectively) to save them, or something? So she technically does have a reason. Just not a very good one.

Not that that disproves your point, of course. It's still completely out of character for her, based on her previous appearances.
Back to top Go down
Industrial Ridden
RPD Officer
RPD Officer
Industrial Ridden

Playstation Network Jagerdu

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 4:56 pm

Ok, The wesker in RE5 is my favorite wesker. He just seems badass to me. Sheva of course ruined a lot of the game. I love RE5, not really a huge fan of RE4, but still enjoyed it. RE5 would of never been scary in the first place, considering that no RE game has been scary without using cheap jump scares.
Back to top Go down
00biohazard
Select Police Force
Select Police Force
00biohazard

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:09 pm

Mercy wrote:
00biohazard wrote:
Mercy wrote:

Leon tries to reason with a zombie despite his experience, and Chris gained a new backstory where he commands a squad of warfighters, then loses his men and he became a drunk. Why does Ada care about saving everyone she hardly knows?

Leon's reasoning with a zombie, I get. Idiot move Kennedy. Chris is an operative in the BSAA, he becomes a captain and all of a sudden it's farfetched?he loses his men in the course of the game, what are you unsatisfied with, the fact that it wasn't trailing back from previous games? or that he cared about his comrades? because that is an essential part of Chris's character, and one of the interesting parts of RE6. And Ada is a cruel spy, but ever since RE2 she's been shown to have some morals, and seeing she knows the importance of everyone in the plot, why is it farfetched for her to help them?would you rather her kill them? your reasoning makes absolutley no sense.
Back to top Go down
MSR
User BANNED
User BANNED

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 7:23 pm

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Ok, The wesker in RE5 is my favorite wesker. He just seems badass to me.

Was it the break-dance moves and the slow-motion mid-air barrel rolling to dodge bullets?

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Sheva of course ruined a lot of the game. I love RE5, not really a huge fan of RE4, but still enjoyed it. RE5 would of never been scary in the first place, considering that no RE game has been scary without using cheap jump scares.

Ghost Leader wrote:

00biohazard wrote:
Chris is an operative in the BSAA, he becomes a captain and all of a sudden it's farfetched?he loses his men in the course of the game, what are you unsatisfied with, the fact that it wasn't trailing back from previous games? or that he cared about his comrades? because that is an essential part of Chris's character, and one of the interesting parts of RE6. And Ada is a cruel spy, but ever since RE2 she's been shown to have some morals, and seeing she knows the importance of everyone in the plot, why is it farfetched for her to help them?would you rather her kill them? your reasoning makes absolutley no sense.

Cyberization wrote:
Been a while since I've played that part, but doesn't Ada mention to herself that she owes it to their parents (I'm assuming this means Wesker and Annette respectively) to save them, or something? So she technically does have a reason. Just not a very good one.

All of this dissproves Mercy's point. He just likes to bash on RE6.

RE6 was awesome.

The gameplay was great, minus too many QTE's. Graphically it looked terrific. It didn't look as good as RE5? Would you like some cheese with that whine Mercy?

I hated some of the boss battles, like stupid retardedly long ones like T-Rex Simmons, but those are only a few bits and pieces.

RE6 gets so much hate, RE6 is the new RE4.
Back to top Go down
Nobudy
Hunter
Hunter
Nobudy

Playstation Network Clowngoon

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 8:27 pm

Spike Reaver wrote:
Industrial Ridden wrote:
Ok, The wesker in RE5 is my favorite wesker. He just seems badass to me.

Was it the break-dance moves and the slow-motion mid-air barrel rolling to dodge bullets?

Industrial Ridden wrote:
Sheva of course ruined a lot of the game. I love RE5, not really a huge fan of RE4, but still enjoyed it. RE5 would of never been scary in the first place, considering that no RE game has been scary without using cheap jump scares.

Ghost Leader wrote:

00biohazard wrote:
Chris is an operative in the BSAA, he becomes a captain and all of a sudden it's farfetched?he loses his men in the course of the game, what are you unsatisfied with, the fact that it wasn't trailing back from previous games? or that he cared about his comrades? because that is an essential part of Chris's character, and one of the interesting parts of RE6. And Ada is a cruel spy, but ever since RE2 she's been shown to have some morals, and seeing she knows the importance of everyone in the plot, why is it farfetched for her to help them?would you rather her kill them? your reasoning makes absolutley no sense.

Cyberization wrote:

All of this dissproves Mercy's point. He just likes to bash on RE6.

RE6 was awesome.

The gameplay was great, minus too many QTE's. Graphically it looked terrific. It didn't look as good as RE5? Would you like some cheese with that whine Mercy?

I hated some of the boss battles, like stupid retardedly long ones like T-Rex Simmons, but those are only a few bits and pieces.

RE6 gets so much hate, RE6 is the new RE4.
I agree. People bash re6 way to much. So much, that some "bashers" treat it like "They changed it so it sucks" territory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do You Also Think This ?   Do You Also Think This ? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do You Also Think This ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Resident Evil :: Resident Evil Discussion :: Main Series-
Jump to: